It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophiles - 'Brand' them like the animals they are

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Really, wow you are really helpful. I've been living this nightmare for 35 years. That's my point, victims never recover, ever. We have to live with these images and disgust forever. I never claimed to be OBJECTIVE. Didn't know I wasn't allowed a say since I'M A VICTIM. Victim never gets a say huh?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
How about we remove their testicles instead?

Maybe it will curb their sick urges?

Why not just remove their heads? I'm quite certain that will curb their sick urges.

i have to agree

some valid points have been made by both sides, the last thing anyone wants to do is cause more harm to children by making it a better option to kill the victim to avoid detection

having said that, no counselling or rehabilitation will help, the simple fact is paedophiles and rapists are like mad dogs, and what do you do with a mad dog? you don't castrate it that's for damn sure, you put it down

this is not revenge mentality, it is the most basic instinct of protecting your young. the softly softly approach clearly doesn't work, and while i can't speak of the US, the sheer scale of paedophilia in the UK is staggering. i expect people to now mention how it is the media trying to get us all scared of the big bad pedo threat, but the grim reality is they are housed in high risk areas all the time, near schools and parks, i have spoken to numerous police officrs who have told of how they are treated like a protected species in this country, and alot of it is to do with the higher ups being nonces. i know what fear and paranoia is, but it is amazing how many people don't realise the scale of the problem, and i would be a fool to say anything i propose to be the right way, but right now the softly softly approach is not working, maybe some seriously medieval punishments for offenders would work? i reckon it's worth a go,

but this will never happen, the laws aren't here to protect us, and the catholic church and tptb have well known for there connections to paedophilia, so i highly doubt any great shake ups to ever happen

best you can do is look after your own, cause i promise you no one else will

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadpoolPete

having said that

So... is the legislation going to Read: "People who have sex with pre pubescent children should be castrated... or shot, gagged, tortured, bombarded by nuclear lasers from low orbit, Whatever"

Or is it going to be something like "People who have sex with a legal minor"

Just out of Curiosity....

How many of you in this thread waited until your own LEGAL AGE OF CONSENT to have sex?

-Edrick (Looking for Criminals)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Evanzsayz

what about the habitual drunks, white collar criminals, drug users/dealers, people who speed, cheat on their taxes....lets nuke ALL these people

You know, if we did that, there would be NOONE left here...
let me part with this:

John 8: 7 - “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

bottom line noone among us is innocent of EVERYTHING, we would ALL be on that island to be nuked

every crime you just listed varies from country to country, and regularly used to oppress and exploit us and take away are freedoms/generate cash for the government, and i would rather live in a street full of drunk, white collar criminal families that deal and use drugs, speed and cheat on there taxes, than have one paedophile in the street. there is only really 2 things that warrant death. that is cold blooded murder and paedophilia/rape

you cannot justify either of those crimes, no way no how, and i find it laughable that people can compare it to being gay, if i was gay i would be insulted by the association. and as childish a thing as it is to say, i seriously have to question anyone's motives when defending these animals, threads like these they usually stick out like sore thumbs

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These threads always remind me off this:

People turn into emotional wrecks.

"The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

- Adolf Hitler

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

How many of you in this thread waited until your own LEGAL AGE OF CONSENT to have sex?

I wondered the same myself, especially if they werre 18 and their gf was younger
technically, that would make them a pedo you know....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

you seem to forget a crime is a crime in the eyes of the law, be it cheating on your taxes or mass murder

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Pinke

Really, wow you are really helpful. I've been living this nightmare for 35 years. That's my point, victims never recover, ever. We have to live with these images and disgust forever. I never claimed to be OBJECTIVE. Didn't know I wasn't allowed a say since I'M A VICTIM. Victim never gets a say huh?

Seriously. How dare you.

You're not the only person on the planet that has been through something and has to live with it.

I'm discussing this with you because I actually care. Am taking the time to provide information so persons can make more informed decisions, and might refrain from endorsing having a torturing methods competition. That isn't going to calm you down or improve your life.

Fact is you're arguing with someone who mostly agrees with you anyway. I just don't see how branding someone with a hot iron and torturing them is going to take any of your anger away. Actually I think it's just going to feed it. Kill the repeat offenders in a quick and out of sight way and let Master Yoda sort them out.

Fact of the matter is whatever happened to you I'm sure you didn't ask for it, and didn't deserve it, but regardless of what happens its ended up being your problem. Stand up, strand strong, and go forward as best you can; be a survivor, not a victim.

Am out of this thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

having said that

So... is the legislation going to Read: "People who have sex with pre pubescent children should be castrated... or shot, gagged, tortured, bombarded by nuclear lasers from low orbit, Whatever"

Or is it going to be something like "People who have sex with a legal minor"

-Edrick (Looking for Criminals)

sorry you've lost me, what do you mean by legal minor?

argue age of consent all you want, but you know that the risk isn't to the 15 year old slags that are regularly churning out babies and shagging about, we are talking about the rape of children, kids, little kids dude, that is wrong whatever way you slice it, whatever clever words you use to excuse or justify an indiscretion does not apply to this crime. I'm not saying the barbaric way is right or will work to stop or reduce the rate of offences, but the current system isn't working, and the mad dog analogy is spot on so i think it is worth a go
edit on 7-10-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Maybe send them all to an island where there are no kids then

Seems logical to me

That is a good idea.

Fund it Obama!

Edit:

And use the island to test weapons!

edit on 6-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

God, those people on the island would produce the most messed up generation ever.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

you seem to forget a crime is a crime in the eyes of the law, be it cheating on your taxes or mass murder

no i am not forgetting that at all, but i also don't know enough about the subject of common laws, civil laws, maritime admiralty laws, natural laws and all the in-betweens etc to explain why i feel that paedophilia/rape/cold-blooded murder should and does stand alone from other crimes

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

LAW IS LAW, you break the law you gret punished, plain and simple, there is no other way of looking at it

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
One thing a lot of people do not understand is that the legal system makes convicts of those who do not have the money to defend themselves.

Every conviction does not necessarily mean someone is actually guilty;such as a guy peeing behind a dumpster,that does not amount to a sex offense really,but it is turned into one by statutes and the accused not having the money to hire proper defense.

People with little money are already branded whether they commit a crime or not.

This talk of killing people for whatever is just a bunch of chickens pecking at the weak,when it is really the parent's lack of attention which allows those who would do harm to even get close.

I don't defend anyone,but I refuse to condemn anyone either.

I have very little faith in the system,and less for the judgement of my peers.

This country gets more scary all the time,people just get more emotional and illogical all the time.

I mean,once you start branding people,where does it stop?.
edit on 7-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to be saying "you would defend a pedo?! good luck!" I highly doubt that anyone is defending them. What i want to defend is the people that make mistakes - there are many cases of people who thought their partner was older. Also, i want to defend the people who are frail in the head - think michael jackson, who just wanted to be friends with children. You think we should brand these people? Haven't they gone through enough torture? Of course i'm not saying what these people do is alright, but how is branding them going to make it better? They can still contribute positively to the world.

Then there is the question of where to draw the line. Victims of armed robbery can have an intensly traumatic experience, maybe not as severe as one who has been raped, but that means NOTHING to the individual. If we only branded rapists, that would be saying to other victims of crime to "suck it up, it's not that bad", when it is actually a terrible situation.

All in all, I think cases need to be taken on an individual basis. If one can rehabilitate, then this must happen, to try and save a human life. And branding should not be done - if they deserve branding by anyones rule book, why do they not deserve the death penalty?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
what about cases where an 18 year old has sex with a 16 or 17 year old. By law, the 18 year old is a sex offender. Do they get a second chance?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

sorry you've lost me, what do you mean by legal minor?

It's a Legal term, meaning someone who has not yet achieved the "Legal Age OF Consent", marking them as "Minors"

This word is used in your Laws.

argue age of consent all you want, but you know that the risk isn't to the 15 year old slags that are regularly churning out babies and shagging about

we are talking about the rape of children, kids, little kids dude

Don't we already have laws against that sort of thing?

whatever clever words you use to excuse or justify an indiscretion does not apply to this crime.

If what you are complaining about is *ALREADY A CRIME* then why are you complaining about it?

You want it to be.... MORE against the Law?

Did any of you reach the "Age of Consent" before you had sex of your own accord?

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...theres been lots of debate for the last couple decades about imposing the death sentence on those convicted of child rape... the most common reason to not sanction the death sentence has always been that it will encourage pedophiles to murder their victims - and - theres always at least one person that says "whats better, a dead kid or raped kid?"...

...i dont see the logic in fearing that a child rapist will be encouraged to murder their victims if child rape become a capital offense with the death penalty assured...

...i'm fine with a death sentence for convicted child rapists or kidnappers, whether they murder or not... they are of no use to society... they cannot be reformed... castration does not work... there is no magic pill... there is no remote island to put them on...

...another common reason for not approving of the death sentence for pedophiles is that a staggering number of children who are raped or sexually molested are victimized by one of their parents or an older family member or close family friend - and - many believe that executing the offending family member is too injurous to the family...

...i dont understand that logic either...

...imo, in-family child rape happens far more often than a stranger raping a child but when it happens in a family, that familial tie is usually the biggest reason why it doesnt get reported...

...so, back to branding pedophiles... its a really bad idea... heres why... when a convicted pedophile is released from prison they often return to their home to live with their family... branding the pedophile also punishes the pedophile's family members and they've probably been punished by fickled society more than enough for something they didnt do...

...the best way to protect your child from being raped is to stop promoting the fantasy that we live in a kind and gentle world... teach your kids the truth about sexual molestation and rape and dont wait until they're teens... they've already figured it out by then... teach your kids self-defense or enroll them in a karate class - its good for them...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ok, enough of the 16 and 17 yr old stuff. You guys know we're speaking of small children. Infants and young children ok? Not teenagers.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Ok, enough of the 16 and 17 yr old stuff. You guys know we're speaking of small children. Infants and young children ok? Not teenagers.

But that is what I mean.

They are still considered *CHILDREN* by the state, UNTIL they reach the Age of Consent.

I am worried about all of this "Kill the Pedo's" forming some sort of Horrid Draconian Legislation that aids in taking away our freedoms....

Using Fear of "Pedo's gonna to Rape Our Children" to pass some Monstrous Draconian piece of legislation that.... I don't know....

Gives the Federal Government Jurisdiction to Adjudicate your child's Social Itinerary... or something...

Put RFID trackers under our children's Skin so that "WE" can GPS them if the Pedo's kidnap them... or something.

Something, something, Mandatory Chipping to protect children from Child Predators, something, something, Social Security Number stored on Chip, something, something, Every man is a suspected Child Rapist, something, something....

Abortions.

How many of You all waited until you were OF AGE before having Sex, again?

-Edrick
edit on 7-10-2010 by Edrick because: How many?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
www.deakin.edu.au...

Please people educate yourselves on the recidivism of offenders in your local country. You will find the highest rates of recidivism is amongst property offenders - not sex offenders.

This is seriously one of the worst researched topics by the main stream public in the history of anything just because the emotions are so high.

We're not discussing sex offenders in general, we're discussing pedophiles, so stop trying to hide the issue under irrelevant statistics.

We all know how easy it is to get onto a sex offenders register. I know one lovely guy who got put on it and lost his job when it was found out he'd previously been in trouble because on his 18th birthday, he touched the breasts of his nearly 17 year old long-term girlfriend. Even the father, who had initially reported him, fought for him to stay teaching, but our stupid government was on a moral crusade. Of course the likes of him won't reoffend.

Your dishonesty in attempting to conflate the issue with irrelevant statistics makes me wonder about you, Pinke.

Pedophiles are in a catagory all of their own. Last time I was researching figures, 52% of pedophiles were caught reoffending. It's quite likely the figures are much higher, because the more experienced peedophiles are, the less likely they are to be caught. I personally know of 2 pedophiles who consistently reoffended, but there was never enough evidence to charge them. One is still at it, choosing and grooming victims so carefully he gets away with it, the other is now too old.

FACTS ABOUT . . . Pedophiles

* True pedophiles are motivated by their sexual attraction to children and are their offenses are directed toward vulnerable children whom they court or groom for the purpose of victimization.
* Offenders who seek out children to victimize by placing themselves in positions of trust, authority, and easy access to youngsters can have hundreds of victims over the course of their lifetimes. One study found that the average number of victims for non-incestuous pedophiles who molest girls is 20; for pedophiles who prefer boys, over 100.
* Predatory pedophiles, especially those who molest boys, are the sex offenders who have the highest recidivism rates. Over long follow-up periods, more than half of convicted pedophiles are rearrested for a new offense.
* Pedophiles frequently are uncomfortable with adult intimacy and may spend their lives maneuvering to be near children. They may be extremely charming and skilled at manipulating adults, and they will use adult relationships to gain access to children.
* The pedophile may spend years working his way up to a position of authority and trust within a church, school, or youth organization in order to have access to children.
* Their offenses are usually predatory—directed towards children whom they engage in relationships for the purpose of victimization. However, pedophiles may also sexually abuse children in their own families.

Under-reporting
A three-year longitudinal study (Kilpatrick, Edmunds, and Seymour, 1992) of 4,008 adult women found that 84 percent of respondents who identified themselves as rape victims did not report the crime to authorities. (No current studies indicate the rate of reporting for child sexual assault, although it is generally assumed that these assaults are equally underreported.)

Looking at these figures, one can see it's likely that all convicted pedophiles will carefully scheme their way to offend again.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join