It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh my, it didnt post... Here is the link to show we are on High Alert with our US Aircraft. It has actually bounced up to full color today on occasion. I only wanted to point this out for a couple reasons. One, all the recent ufo disclosure talks in the news, and Second, why are we all the sudden so in the red?

Here is Link>Homland Security Alert

Sorry, some ghost ate my original post!

edit on 2-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

This thread topic ... um .... I'm not seeing anything at all in the opening post.

Interesting.

ETA: I've never before seen any thread topic posted where the OP had not one word or even a letter in the opening post. I just thought it spooky considering the title of the thread.

As for on topic, Thanks for sharing this info onehuman. Interesting, but I don't think the clowns deciding this are the ones who know what is going on. If they knew what was going on we would be provided with more specifics in my opinion rather than "The color today for your terrorist threat level is ..".

The whole system seems foolish and inane to me, sorry. I don't know how much of my tax money gets spent on pandering to the fears of others, but can we afford to continue to spend money on this kind of public notification system, America has already dug itself an economic hole to China, literally. Americans like being further in debt to China's economy? Communist lovers

Today's fear elevation level is...

The future does not deserve this kind of treatment, it hasn't done anything, yet.

This planet has issues,
ET

edit on 2-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I will edit out my pointing out the obvious.

Very interesting thing you brought up here OP...very interesting indeed....

edit on 10/2/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Could it be about this thread I posted?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here is a link to the Homeland Security Advisory System.

And here is what it presently says:

Current Threat Level October 1, 2010
* The United States government's national threat level is Elevated, or Yellow.
* For all domestic and international flights, the U.S. threat level is High, or Orange. See the Transportation Security Administration for up-to-date information on items permitted and prohibited on airlines.

Is any of this what you are referring to OP?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Her is another spot to check out as well, if you are over the pond... You might have some problems as well///

Overseas Homeland security

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you, yes, for some reason what I was trying to say just disappered into the nether whatever.... I just though people might li to know we are not as our Oh it is just orange no big deal level for the day. We have moved up.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I just found this
nationalterroralert.com
www.nationalterroralert.... com/updates/2010/10/02/concern-terror-teams-have-selected-targets-ready-to-strike/

ABC News is reporting via the Blotter that there are now very strong concerns that terrorist teams in Europe have selected their targets, completed surveillance, eluded capture and are ready to strike at airports, hotels, tourist attractions and other soft targets.

abcnews.go.com... ive-concern-terror-teams-selected-targets-ready-strike/story?id=11784233

According to ABC News sources, the terror plotters have moved through the surveillance stage, checked back in with al Qaeda in Pakistan, and have received the go-ahead to strike.

Not sure if it is new or not.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Be aware that is not a government site:

NationalTerrorAlert.com is a private homeland security blog and not affiliated with any government agency. We archive and comment on homeland security related news items from a variety of news sources and tips, as well as provide immediate updates on breaking stories, bulletins and any change in status to Homeland Security advisory. National Terror Alert has become America’s leading source for homeland security news and information. A collaborative resource of news and analysis related to homeland security events, threats and trends.

The National Terror Alert Response Network promotes homeland security emergency preparedness through awareness, education, community involvement and partnerships between individuals, groups and organizations.

We strive to chronicle homeland security related news, trends and events in an effort to create national awareness and focus. It is our belief that through education and awareness some instances of terrorism may be prevented and through preparedness lives can be saved.

However, it does provide a lot of news.

edit on October 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

paying attention to detail GEL. That's why you are the woman who gets to wear the pants skulls around here

Thanks for pointing out that little piece of info.

-ET

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by greeneyedleo

paying attention to detail GEL. That's why you are the woman who gets to wear the pants skulls around here

Thanks for pointing out that little piece of info.

-ET

Homeland Security is one of my majors

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Not good news - thanks for the info everyone and keep a sharp eye!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It is interesting that this alert seems to be specific to Northern Ireland...

I am left wondering if this threat is about domestic issues there, or if an outside (read Al-Queda) threat is perceived?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thank you Greeneyed, I appreciate that. I cant help but fell though, where there is smoke there is fire somehow.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Homeland Security is one of my majors

Moderator majoring in Homeland Security? This makes my conspiracy pants go crazy

Anyhow, OP, the pretty color system we use is in place to scare us! Oh my gosh, it's YELLOW! Panic! Now it's RED! Holy crap they're gonna suicide bomb us! Do you see?

"Terrorism" has won!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Thank you Greeneyed, I appreciate that. I cant help but fell though, where there is smoke there is fire somehow.

There is also the possibility that you are being told there is smoke so that you won't be of a mind to question why the "firefighters" do this or that in the near future.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Apparently there are two different alerts currently in operation and each are currently at a different level. It's the travel alert that's HIGH.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yes it is all over our news here in UK -
AL CIA EDA are up to their dark deeds again - wonder who will get the blame this time - Maybe that terrorist on the alternative free media chappie or the nasty patriot lot who display anti Barry Soetoro oops mean President Obama bumper stickers - Time to open up the FEEMA death camps.
Do I sound cynical - I hope so

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was in DIA yesterday, and they had announced the level being where it was,
Actually a few people looked at each other and seemed puzzled as to why,.
I still think it it a useless announcement..
I also don't buy into the threat in the US as being anything concerning and really never was

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

God I miss the good old days when the "FEMA death camps" were there for those who opposed Bush. *sigh*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join