It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Gangs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

[The White gangs are Imperial Gangsters, Ambrose, Heads, Gaylords, and Simon City Royals.]

May i ask you where you got your information from? You said in a previous post that you were an "associate" gang member in Chicago. However you have listed the Imperial Gansters as being a white gang, and they are not, they are a hispanic gang. Did you get your information from a website, or a book ?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Sorry pal, the Latin Kings, Gangster Disciples, Black Stones, Vice Lords, ect. have lit. and hand shakes that are consistant worldwide.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by nathraq

Originally posted by 23rd_Degree

The interesting thing with Street gangs is that the original ones, ALKN, BGDN, BPSN,

Is there any way that one of you guys could help me out with the meanings of the acronyms above? I'm a little confused. Thanks.

In Chicago ALKN is the Almighty Latin King Nation. BGDN is the Black Gangster Disciple NAtion. I don't know what BPSN means.

Black P-Stone Nation. The Black P-Stones are a Blood gang out of the Jungles Housing Projects in LA. IT was the same place on Training Day, where Denzel has his woman at. If u havent seen it, then watch it. The guy who is supposedly the head of the gang in the movie, the one who sits his gun down on the ground, and tells Denzel "Everyone has to put their own work in", his real name is Bones. He's the Black-P Stone General.

[edit on 12-15-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

The Black P Stone Nation has no foundation in LA it is a Chicago Gang that spread throughout the country. It originated on Blackstone street on Chicago's southside and that's where the name comes from it's first name was " The Blackstone Rangers." It was later on when it took the idea of "Black Stone" in a racial sense came about, although it was always a black gang it didn't take that direction (ie. Black Power until later) it was more or less "the rangers of Blackstone St." hence the original name "Blackstone Rangers." Please don't make up stories about things that you know next to nothing about!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i live in west texas. currently we have a drug war going on in my hometown. we have a long and storied drug history in this town. many families have come and gone, but it was always owned by local families with ties to mexico. the last of the "old" famlies went to prison and were broken up about 14 years ago. i played a small part in that (in my wilder days), but i will never tell. no, not with the cops either...but back in those days the cops were as dirty as the dealers, and they basically just busted people to get their own supply. they made money off of all the families, taking protection money. i lived across the street from the heda of the drug task force during the time when he was being busted (they just demoted him, and he has since regained detective rank). our law enforcement has a very dubious history.

anyway, the remaining "kingpin", the rios family, is well known. they have dealt drugs since as long as i can remember. as the old families went down, they stepped in. they owned the town for 14 years. they even lived next door to a deputy, and down the street from a city cop.

one of the top ranking latin kings in the state was moved to a prison in my hometown, and his "homies" have followed him in. am in a position to know who most of these guys are, but i certainly would not associate with them (i am a local business leader, and live as virtuous a life as a can now). they have started a drug war. we have had 1-2 murders a year for decades. there have been 8 in the last 3 weeks. i know almost all of them, through family and friends. none personally.

the rios family kept the peace. the drug trade was confined mostly to their area, with just about every house within 3 blocks selling for them. the latin kings moved into that neighborhood and set up shop. then started shooting.

to make matters worse, the first death was at the hands of an over zealous cop.

most of the latin "queens" work for me. i find this out after they are out of training. and two of the rios's work for me. we hve 300 employees. needless to say, things are VERY tense. children have been killed. a pregnant teen was gunned down.

our whole town of 30k is paralyzed. we are used to the mafia taking someone every now and then and killing them over a debt. but not this.

we are in an oil boom. there is enough drug trade to go around. i just want them to stop shooting. we can't even go to city events anymore.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Here's a run down of Chicago gangs and their initials. Not acronyms. Although there are a few I put them last.

People:
ALKQN- Almighty Latin King and Queen Nation
VL'S- Vice Lords (there are many factions- Formerly 14th St. Clovers) Traveler VL's, Conservative VL's, Imperial Insane VL's, Cicero Insane VL's, Unknown VL's, Undertaker VL's, and a few that I can't remember.
BPSN- Black P Stone Nation (aka) Black Stones or Moes.
4CH- Maniac 4 Corner Hustlers (once known as VL's M4CHVL's although they no longer claim VL to my knowledge)
ILB- Insane Latin Brothers
ALP- Almighty Latin Pachucos
ABN- Almighty Bishop Nation
IPN- Insane Pope Nation aka Insane Popes (South Side)
AGLN- Almighty GayLord Nation aka GLN, AGL, GL, G.A.Y.L.O.R.D.S.
ALSN- Almighty Spanish Lord Nation aka Spanish Lords
IUK's- Insane Unknowns
ASFN- Almighty Stoned Freak Nation aka Stoned Freaks

Folks:
GDN- Gangster Disciple Nation aka GD's
SGD's- Spanish Gangster Disciples
BDN- Black Disciple Nation aka BD's
ISCN- Insane Spanish Cobra Nation aka Spanish Cobras or Cobras
BGN- Black Gangster Nation aka Black Gangsters, Breeds, New Breeds, BG's.
IOAN- Insane Orchestra Albany Boys or nation aka OA's
MLDN- Maniac Latin Disciple Nation aka MLD's or Maniacs
IDN- Insane Dragons Nation or Insane Dragons
AIGN- Almighty Imperial Gangster Nation (Imperial Gangsters or IG's)
IGSDN- Insane Gangster Satan Disciple Nation or SD's
ILJ- Insane Latin Jivers
IPN- Insane Popes (North Side) offiliated with ASCR's
ASCR- Almighty Simon City Royals
AHGN- Almighty Harrison Gents
C-Notes- Insane C-Notes ($) or C.N.O.T.E.S.
IDN-Insane Deuces (North side) ICDN Insane Cullerton Deuces (south side named for Cullerton St.)
Insane 22 Boys
Gangster 26 Boys
MMK- Maniac Milwaukee Kings (MK's) (Named after Milwaukee Ave.)
ILLN- Insane Latin Lovers or Lovers
MLSN- Maniac Latin Styler Nation or Stylers
IAV's- Insane Asland Vikings
ALEN- Almighty Latin Eagle Nation aka Eagles
YLOD's- Young Latin Organization of Disciples
YLOC's- Yound Latin Organization of Cobras

Some of these gangs like the C-notes and Deuces switched alliances from people to folks as years and streangth changed.
Some were what is called renegade in Chicago (those that are neither People nor Folk) Like the Black Souls. The Ashland Vikings which only recently joined Folks under the Insane Alliance within Folks run by the Spanish Cobras joined simply because their once masive numbers and territory has sinse dwindled. Gangs like the Mickey's Cobras have always been People yet wared constantly with their own "People" sinse the murder of Micky Cogwell by the heads of the Main 21 in the BPSN. The Stylers flip flopped between the Maniac and Insane Alliance inside the Folks for years.

See all these gangs started on there own and in the mid to late 70's (think it was 78) started alliances People / Folks and this pretty well formed out of neccesity for weaker gangs to get help and some larger ones pushing on the smaller ones in some cases. They all kept their own authority but basicly agreed to help one another. A sort of aid and assist if you will.

As the years went on in the 80's (not sure) about the Peole but in the Folks alliance when things started to get rocky certain gangs made smaller alliances sort of subcontracts as disputes between Folks broke out. You had the Insane alliance Spanish Cobras, OA's, Latin Lovers, Jivers, Insane Dragons, Insane Ganster Satan Disciples. And Then there was the Almighty alliance Imperial Gangsters, Latin Eagles, Simon City Royals. There was also The Maniac alliance Latin Disciples, Milwakee Kings, Stylers.

Some gangs as I said flipped back and forth between Insane and Maniac Like the Stylers. Some even went as far as flip flopping btween People and Folks like the Deuces and C-notes which is a serious no no. It will get you shunned like the plague really quickly. Others like the Black souls had loyalties on both sides of town so never joined People or Folks, The Asland Vikings were so big and violent for a long time they saw no need for alliance, and others like the AMickey's Cobras ignored their alliances with all out war.

Yet ther were the largest gangs in the city like the black GD's, BPS's, and VL's. The white ones like the Royals(SCR) and GayLords GL's. And Latin ones largest of all (ALKQN) Latin Kings which fathered the alliances for what reason I still do not understand to this day for none of them realyly needed to do to their large numbers.

any way you asked so here you are. That site that a previous poster recommended (chicagogangs.org) is pretty good but it isn't entirely accurate. So Don't take it all at face value.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nathraq

By the way there is no such thing as an associate member in any Chicago gang! Your either a member, a pewee, or a future (probationary candidate). You can tell your fibs to these people but please don't blow smoke up my a**.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
By the way for those that may be wondering the "N" at the end of these gangs stands for "Nation." It's really just bravado and egotism. It's the idea that, "were not just a gang, we're so large that we're a Nation."

And for a little more info those that will ask, there are no Crips or Bloods in Chicago. To my understanding the People and Folks alliances wouldn't allow them to organize within the city and surrounding burbs. However that doesn't mean that they do not get along. If I remember correctly, for all intent and purposes if a Chicago gang member that is affiliated with the People alliance (Vice Lord) finds himself in say LA for example or locked up around there he is ok with the Bloods. And if a Chi-Town banger that's in the Folks alliance (Maniac Latin Disciple) is in a simillar situation he is ok with the Crips. And the same goes the other way around if they were over here, basicly Bloods and People are on goos terms and Crips and Folks are on good terms.

Not that they are linked or in control of one another, but I would guess that somewhere down the line there was an understanding that was agreed upon. At least that is the way that I had heard it. Never been to the West Coast so I couldn't say for sure but I know that the BPSN runs with Bloods out there and GD's run with Crips.

If anyone ever comes back to this thread I would like to ask a question of my own. I thought the "13" at the end of the Mexican gangs out there was to show alliance to "La Eme" the Mexican Mafia, 13 being the # that coincides with M? Althought they hold the Southern areas it realy doesn't represent that?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've recalled having had some bizarre experience with a couple of Chicago street gangs. I was homeless and was on my way to some shelter on Roosevelt road. I didn't see any white people on the street though. I was met head on by a gang, but, don't recall who they were. One smoking a blunt pointed a gun at my head and asked some questions. All I can recall after that was getting shot at as I walked away. I was carrying a water bottle and they shot a hole right thru it that hit some other guy in the leg ahead of me. There was a Chicago cop sitting in his car across the street that did nothing, but, watch and then drove off.

I do recall some bling with an upside down bent eared bunny rabbit. I eventually ended up in the heart of the city and saw Barrack and Rev. Wright at the Pacific Garden mission. There were cops everywhere on that street, but, I didn't know why. It wasn't until a few months ago that I recalled seeing BO and Rev. Wright. I thought they were feds back then or undercover agents.

Some guy sitting next to me said: "Barrack Obama for president!" That was around 2002. Did it all even happen? I duuno anymore. But, I wouldn't do it again. Rev. Wright told the homeless people there that if they didn't go back to work; that god was going to evict them from their bodies. That's about all I recall him saying though.

I just watched a history channel show on Chicago Street gangs for the second time last night. Not exactly the kind of education I would want for living in the city. I would much prefer the fictional Mayberry town instead.

I was under the impression my father was in some gang when he was younger. But, he never talked about it. He grew up around 16th street in Cicero. I've seen from some shows that the russian gangs were worse.

I wonder if there's any reptilian gangs out there also? Some guy near the bus station in Chicago was yelling about seeing one there. I thought it was just another gang name though.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I LOVE the Pacific Garden Mission!
They broadcast the oldest drama radio program in the U.S. with real testimonials on people who became Christians.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Squid

In Chicago from my experience being around GDs they are very organized they have codes and are very sneaky so gangs in chicago are organized and i know this because most of my family and neighborhood(Englewood) are GDs

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
# what you'll got to say its GD all day i got 11:16 for all my GD's u know wat it is stay on ya # reply to post by Tamahu

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

YUR STUPID ROYALS ARE ALL LATINO N BLAKK DUMASS DIS AINT DA 80 NO MO... MILWUAKEE N AVERS LIL KK MURDA AVE

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Your both right... or wrong. BPSN- Black P-Stone Nation started out of Chicago. T. Rogers moved to L.A. and help form the bloods. He was a Black Stone from Chicago therefor his set or section he started was Black Stone. Dont believe me? Look him up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join