It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Gangs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have to thank "baked" the ATS member who posted on one of the pages on here, for this pic. I just wanted to use it to point something out.

First off, in regards to Northern Virginia, The Tinal Rascal Gangsters. TRG, they're Crips, they should be included under "Crips". They're a bunch of Asians. I know some of them.

Second, there's a lot of Local Gangs they dont list, like Hillboys, and all that. They're basically all family, out in Reston, VA. About 30 of them.
In DC u have neighborhood Crews, like Sorsum Corda Projects up in NW will have one Crew, and Condace Terrace, or 18th, and R Streets in SE will have their own Crews.

I knew a kid in La Raza. That's up in Columbia Heights Village Apartments, it's a crazy place. NW DC, where I was born, and stayed at for a short while, used to be all Black people. Now it's being run over, its crazy. N. Capitol Street, between M, and all the way North of NY Avenue, is Crazy as Hell. I used to always go thru there. One time with my mom, she saw a huge lady chasin some guy across the street, with about 20-30 people blockin off traffic, he backed up onto the hood of my mom's car, he then rolled off and she kept chasin him with the butcher knife. My mom told the cop standin down the block, but he didn't care. Damn did my mom rip him a new one, yellin at his ass. Stupid Cops up there. One cop smashed anothers window out one time, and told him to "get outta my Precinct". The Cops there are gangs. Forget Bloods and Crips too, DC is all about Drug Running Crews. Most people I know live off 14th Street, NW, or down in SE, Good Hope and Fendall Street. If kids out where I live only knew what it was really like, they wouldnt try to claim stupid gangs like they do. When I referred to myself stayin in rough places, NW, DC, Petersburg, VA, and Teaneck, NJ are what Im talkin about. Petersburg, VA being the most gutter, and poorest of them all. I swear, gangs are becoming a fashion.

[edit on 12-15-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
[edit on 16-12-2004 by MitsukoSouma]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitsukoSouma
There waz this grl named Mandy in my class who alwayz says that she waz part of da Bloods but i didnt believe her cuz wen i went to her and asked her if she knew da oath (the pledge u says b4 u go into da gang) an she says that she 4got it an when i told her 2 show her flag 2 me she took out a blue flag out.

I have to agree with this "Mandy"... If you part of a gang, why post on forums, if someone wanted to report you to ppolice, then all the cops would have to do is track your IP [not very hard] and they could be at your house the day they start the search...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yah, my best friend got stabbed to death in Fort McMurray, the drug capital of alberta (for its size). There's seven gangs up here and they pointlessly fight alot. My friends were drug dealers, school drop outs, and international smugglers in highschool (I had 80s and they had 20s, lol, its funny how I still could hang with them). I basically became a part of there gang as a drag racer on a nice street bike, we'd hoast races in large alleys to make money and buy things which I'd have no chance of obtaining (like a university degree).

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

I have to agree with this "Mandy"... If you part of a gang, why post on forums, if someone wanted to report you to ppolice, then all the cops would have to do is track your IP [not very hard] and they could be at your house the day they start the search...

I doubt there are any gang members posting on this site.

It is not illegal to be in a streetgang. The police would have no justification in trying to track someone's IP address. Unless that person stated they did something illegal, but then again, that would be hearsay. The poster could be telling a tall-tale on the forum.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good point. If someone claimed to stab someone then I'm sure someone would report them [probally me]. And if you're a gang member what would you be doing posting on forums to do with Secret Societies?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
im not part of da gang anymore. i realized that it was a wannabe gang(sooo stupid of me) and i got out as soon as i realized that the bloods were around our area. Im really scared for myself cause i kno wat they do to ppl who pretend 2 be part of da gang. Sry if i offended ppl an no 1 gotta worry no more. I dun ever wanna join a real gang!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
an i did not stab any1 so dun get da wrong idea. Its not good 2 pretend 2 be a gang member cause u could get killed easily.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
LOL. Or were you never part of a gang and are backing otu before you dig yourself a deeper hole?

I never said you stabbed anyone...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Lol, it reminds me. All these folks posting their crew's or set's pictures online. I would never post my friend's pictures online. That's like asking the police to put your friends in a gang file.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeh, I wouldn't post pics or details of "fellow" gang members or friends online unless they let me or ask me to!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Good point. If someone claimed to stab someone then I'm sure someone would report them [probally me]. And if you're a gang member what would you be doing posting on forums to do with Secret Societies?

I am on the outer ring of a local crime syndicate... And tell me, why would this effect my wanting to post in forums to do with "secret sociaties" ??

It effects nothing to do with me posting on threads like this... Infact I would prefer it if more people with knowledge and expirience like mine did so that you can actually have a good debate, and hearing from every side to the story. Its like having a debate about drugs without actually having an opinion from drug users themselves.

Thanks

Edit: Typo's

[edit on 19-12-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Alright, don't have a heart attack!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Alright, don't have a heart attack!

I wasn't making an attack on your statement, I was merely giving a point of view.

However you still havn't answered my question on why people who are in "gangs" as you put it, would not post on secret sociaties.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
TheAgentNineteen, you had one thing wrong TRG is not a Crip gang there color is grey. They teamed up with the Crips in the D.C. area. In philadelphia they are actually enemy's with the Crips. Crips in the D.C. area are majority Asian's but there is a rise in black Crip gangs coming around. People will get mixed up allot with Latino gangs with Crip gangs because most of them ware a blue rag to show there colors.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just out of interest how many street gangs has everyone here been effected by in some way? And If so, in what ways?

Edit: Typo's

[edit on 21-12-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Never been affected by a street gang in any way at all...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As stated earlier: I was 'associated' with a gang; I was never actually a hardcore member. I was never V'd in (those associated with Chicago know what I mean). This was in the late 80's, before I went to the Army.

How it affected me was, in effect, people stopped messing with me. I came from a catholic grade school, with maybe 200 students (1st thru 8th), to a high school with over 5000 students. I knew, at most, 10 kids in that whole school. From the first week, I was picked on, and I didn't know how to react. I was scared and frustrated. In private school, they pretty much kept a tight lid on harrassment. It felt like open season on me in high school. Then, I met a kid in class who just transferred from a school in Cicero, Il. He was nice to me, and didn't screw with me at all. He saw what was going on, and stood up for me one day in class. Not one person said a word to him. Everyone kept their distance. Now, I looked at this guy like, 'whoah, that was cool' (I was 14 for what it's worth). About 1 month later, he asked me if I wanted to hang out with him and some of his friends. I did, and was at that point asked if I wanted to become associated with this gang. I knew what gangs were, and I knew that they were not a good thing. But I was, well, enamored by them. I accepted, and became an associate member of this certain gang.

I was not a hardcore member. Sophmore year, these same friends were out on a Friday night, going around, looking for trouble, and were pulled over by the police. The police found two .22's in the car. All of them ended up going to court, and receiving probation/supervision. I was asked to go with that night, but I declined. I knew something bad could happen.

The most I ever participated in was selling stolen radios, cb's, radar detectors and such. I was never into drugs or any other hardcore contraband. I didn't steal the items, I just sold them for friends, and I got a little on the side. That was the extent of my so-called 'criminal' career.

In the 90's, the guy I met who brought me into the gang scene was being chased by the police, was apphrehended, and bit the cops thumb so hard, it was almost severed. He ran into his house, stripped buck naked, and hid in the closet( an attempt at 'insanity). He spent 5 years in Statesville. Another friend of mind was busted dealing coc aine, and served time. Yet another friend served for armed robbery, burglary, and grand theft auto. I, on the other hand, went to the army. I knew it would get me nowhere in life to hang around people such as these. I am intelligent. Just weak in some areas. I was attracted to the lifestyle. The power ( even a high scool level type of power), and the attention.

I know have a family of my own. If I would have stayed with those guys I met in high-school, things would have been different, I am sure. I served 5 years in the Army, and I now make decent money at my job. Every person I hung around with in H.S. was in and out of jail. That is no way to live. Not for me.

That is how gangs affected me.

peace

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
On a side note: Have any of you all played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas??? That game is the #.

You can do drive bys, steal from houses, do more drive bys, drug deal, run from cops, and do more drive bys....They say its a representative to some extent of Los Angeles, Cali. But I think its an over statement of what goes down. Anyone beg to differ?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The only place gangs exist around here are in the newspapers. The police like to hype up gangs so they can use racketeering laws. The Hells Angels are a police sting operatation,
edmonton.cbc.ca...
they are buying billboards in an effort to prove they are an organization:
www.ctv.ca...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join