It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Built the Pyramids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Aren't there illustrations on the walls inside the pyramids describing how our species (not aliens) actually built them?

I'm pretty sure the whole alien/pyramid theory has been debunked.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
One would think that if aliens constructed the Pyramids, the first thing they would have done is make some uniform blocks. That would have made the process much easier. But if you look at any photo of the Pyramids, you see that the blocks are all different shapes and sizes. Very inefficient.

If you were working with indigenous people. Would you fish for them or teach them to fish?

We don't really know the "mind thought" of who built the pyramids anyway.

Suppose it was off planet beings that became stranded on earth - - and were trying to create a way home via a Beacon or Stargate.

Maybe they had the ability to levitate - - but did not have diamond blade saws for cutting.

The scenarios are endless.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

First of all, you can't carbon date a rock. You can carbon date wood and "formerly living" things on or near the Pyramids, but that doesn't tell you when the buildings were built.

No, you cannot use carbon dating to discover the age of rocks or megaliths. However it is fairly common knowledge, that you can date rocks and fossils using isotopic dating.

This is dating the rock by measuring the radiological decay of elements, this is accurate to approx +/- 1% error.
www.agiweb.org...

To explain;

Determining the age of a rock involves using minerals that contain naturally-occurring radioactive elements and measuring the amount of change or decay in those elements to calculate approximately how many years ago the rock formed. Radioactive elements are unstable. They emit particles and energy at a relatively constant rate, transforming themselves through the process of radioactive decay into other elements that are stable - not radioactive. Radioactive elements can serve as natural clocks, because the rate of emission or decay is measurable and because it is not affected by external factors.

Aside from the above established rock dating technique, has anyone heard of 'The Cole relics'?

These were pieces of Cedar wood, and part of a finger bone, found within the Great pyramid in one of the shafts. They were discovered in 1946, by a fumigator that had been called in to fumigate the pyramid, as it had been closed up tight during WWII and once reopened, an pyramid wide insect infestation had been discovered that needed to be dealt with, before the public could be admitted.

Toxic gas was used, and huge pumps were installed in strategic locations throughout the structure, together with equally huge extractor fans placed so the gas could be safely removed after it had done it's work.

It was during the excavations required to install this equipment to facilitate the fumigation, that a pieces of cedar wood were discovered, along with the skeletal (obviously) remains of part of a human finger, that was trapped beneath one of the building blocks and had to be snapped off to be recovered, implying that it was crushed and ripped from the hand of one of the pyramid builders.

Apparently, more of the wood still remains in the shaft (or did back then).

C14 dating on both the slivers of wood and the finger bone would tell us if the wood was used during the construction and the bone was from a human contemporary with the age of the pyramid.

This was apparently going to be performed on these relics back in the 1990's, but i have heard nothing further since.

Does anyone have any further knowledge of these relics by any chance?

Secondly, can you provide the information on where it says that the wood used in the Pyramids came from at time when humans were hunter-gatherers? I never heard that.

That all rather depends on whether one accepts the accuracy of mainstream archaeology's dating of the pyramids C2500 BC or not doesn't it. There are many schools of thought, that put the pyramids in a much earlier time period, as early as 10,500 BC..which would support a mainly hunter/gatherer culture, making only rudimentary inroads into cultivation and farming.

And lastly, the ancient Egyptians were anatomically identical to us -- they were what is often called "Modern Humans". That means that had the same brains we have, and the same intelligence we have, and thus the same capacity for problem-solving that we have. They may not have had our knowledge, but that is a different thing.

We have had anatomically identical brains for many, many thousands of years, but without the correct path of knowledge, we could build nothing. In a similar vein, an anatomically identical human, living 20,000 years ago, would not suddenly decide to construct a supersonic jet engine, despite having the same brain we have used to construct the same engines.

It's not true to say simply because humans have had identical brain capacity throughout the millenia, that they would or wouldn't arrive at similar solutions to problems we ourselves would arrive at.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Can't say I am familiar with that claim. Though it would definitely help the discussion for an image of it, perhaps a pyramid buff (unlike my amateurish self) has a pic of this?

Oh, and for the off topic Jesus jabber. I have reported it to the mods, please stop I want to talk about the topic not some other theory.

edit on 9/24/2010 by adigregorio because: caws i Caant spell good

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Aren't there illustrations on the walls inside the pyramids describing how our species (not aliens) actually built them?

I think someone mentioned that....well, the "graffiti" comment, might be what you're talking about.

Seems I recall hearing of that as well....it was some years back, when I went. AND, it was difficult ot hear everything said by the tour guides. You know how it is, in big groups, wind noise (outdoors), echoing (indoors) and the thick accents, in most cases....makes interpreting what they're trying to tell you difficult at times.

PLUS...it was my glorious task to take all the photos!!!

So, I missed out on a lot of narrative from guides........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and hey! Google popped out this link to an ATS thread!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24 September 2010 by weedwhacker because: Link

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

It's clear I shouldn't have kept responding to you, we wont get along. You can't even answer some simple questions, and you claim I'm trying to give a straw man argument, do you even know what that is?
Rhetorical question. Don't expect me to take any more of your bait...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What? You think humans have never taken the credit for something achieved by others?

You think humans never create fraud and forgery?

It's a simple enough thing to accomplish, if you have access, opportunity and motive.

I understand you are a man of advancing years, try not to be so naive or at least act that way..eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The men building the pyramids of Egypt took a break one hot day 4,500 years ago and scrawled some hieroglyphic graffiti on a limestone block. They called themselves "The Craftsman Gang." When Yale University archaeologist Mark Lehner, who has been excavating ancient ruins south of King Cheops's pyramid (below left), read the inscription, he found it fit with his emerging reinterpretation of who built the pyramids. They were not the slaves so often depicted in legend, but citizens conscripted to work for the government, possibly in lieu of paying taxes or serving in the army.

There is a snippet from that link you included, I had heard of the "contractors" before. Reading now, thank you!

(As for bait comments, I don't fish. Fair enough, if you do not wish to continue.)

(Edited)
Bah, have to sign up to read the article. I guess some knowledge is better than other...

edit on 9/24/2010 by adigregorio because: Bah

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Heh, just noticed this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Norwegian Researcher Unlocks Pyramid Construction Secrets?

How, interesting, gotta love synchronicity!

(Edited)

What Bryn discovered was quite simple. He believes that the Egyptians invented the modern building grid, by separating the structure's measuring system from the physical building itself, thus introducing tolerance, as it is called in today's engineering and architectural professions.

www.sciencedaily.com...

(Thank you to "Heliocentric" for posting the breaking news.)

edit on 9/24/2010 by adigregorio because: Adding

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The nonsense about the "exact geographical center of the Earth".

There is no such thing! It's ridiculous, and shows that the person/group who wrote ALL of those "amazing factoids" were just picking things out of their .... ermmm...out of thin air!
Ummm...I don't think it's pulled out if thin air. And they are actually talking about the "geographical center" of Earth based on land mass. It actually is a lot more complicated than I first thought, I just found some interesting information regarding the topic. Please see orignal article for full story and pictures.

In the year 1864, Astronomer Royal for Scotland, Charles Piazzi Smyth published in his work Our Inheritance in the Great Pyramid the first rediscovery about encoding of precise geographical knowledge in the pyramid.

If it was he, who made the original discovery, or his contemporary Joseph Seiss or John Taylor, is not known anymore, in any case, the map on the left, Plate XX from above mentioned book, shows Lower Egypt in the Geographical Center of all land surface of Earth.

In explanation of the term Geographical Center, the following thought experiment:

The world population were evenly distributed over all land surface of Earth and every person can get nonstop with a one-man aircraft to any location on the surface. Now, the optimal position for a very large football stadium is searched, with capacity for all people on Earth. As selection criteria is used only an as small as possible travel distance for the audience. Seen altogether, the average travel distance to the stadium location is to be minimized. The Geographical Center is the location for which this distance is at minimum.

Scientists of the nineteenth century did not have access to detailed global maps, based on satellite radar data, and to fast calculation machines to accurately pinpoint the geographical center.

It wasn't until 1973, that a new calculation was made, by Andrew J. Woods, physicist from San Diego. The then expensive machine time on capable computers was financed by the Institut for Creation Research.

The new result was 39°N 34°E, near Ankara, Turkey, 500km north of Giza and thereby expelling Giza from its exposed geographical location, although the deviation was only slightly above 1% in relation to the circumference of Earth.

This new fixation of the center has yealded nevertheless a surprise...

With a new calculation based on current maps (s. next page) I was able to verify and specify Wood's result. The geographical center of Earth is at 40°52'0"N 34°34'0"E.

The latitude of this result, which was determined with a calculation grid of 2.3 miles on the surface, is defined coincidentally by two of the most important fundemental mathematical constants, π and e! It is the smallest angle in a right triangle with a side ratio of e / π.

The connection between the most fundamental mathematical constants is generally represented via Euler's Identity: eiπ + 1 = 0

Incidentally, on that very same latitude on Mars, Cydonia is located, with its 1.5km large rock sculpture Face on Mars and the five-sided D&M Pyramid, even larger. 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick's well known movie, also presents that location, this time on the Moon.

edit on 24/9/10 by CHA0S because: fix quote

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
after watching all the episdoes of anicent aliens series, i am convinced aliens had some role in the pyramids, i reccomend everyone to watch this show

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

Watch all episodes of Ancient Alien the Series 2010 here.

EDIT: I know you've seen it, but for anyone else, at least watch the first episode.

edit on 24/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
He believes that the Egyptians invented the modern building grid, by separating the structure's measuring system from the physical building itself, thus introducing tolerance, as it is called in today's engineering and architectural professions.

. . . is that like Bill Gates invented the computer?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This was an interesting little documentary, nothing really new, but it contains a lot of good information. I thought I'd post it to open eyes and return the favor of reposting my stuff before.

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SaturnFX

just wanted to bring this back here so in the off chance you lot cared to see the issues, you could press the big fat play button and understand that the argument is more than just "we can move big thingies with levers, case closed" nonsense.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!! I would like to see the stats on the plant fiber cables involved in ancient projects like this, and how it compares to wire rope used today.

yes I too would like to see those stats... especially when steel cables snapped trying to move the huge statues before flooding the Aswan Dam

Perhaps someone could supply those? Easy enough to say 120 men pulled something with ropes...

show me the ropes

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Suppose it was off planet beings that became stranded on earth - - and were trying to create a way home via a Beacon or Stargate.
Maybe they had the ability to levitate - - but did not have diamond blade saws for cutting.
The scenarios are endless.

I suppose alien ghosts, kept in a state of semi-life by sophisticated computer/ships, could have flown the blocks into place with their ectoplasm farts, too. You're right. The scenarios are endless. Not necessarily true, but certainly endless.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Let's all throw religious verses at eachother!

Please, we are not cavemen?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Rock. They like ROCKS.

You have something against ROCKS?
I like rocks too,,, as it show all through the world these megalithic structure, many peoples like rocks...

The question is who and how not what... One thing we KNOW FOR CERTAIN is the Pyramid is made with rocks

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'll go with that one
, though they did pretty good on precision cutting of that granite... not an easy task

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't find it hard to believe that Aliens could have built the Great Pyramids...though, it is just as likely that the ancient Egyptian civilization was far more advanced than we give them credit for. At any rate, my reason is purely based on observation. I'm supposed to believe that things like stonehenge and the pyramids were built by ancient civilizations, and have stood for thousands of years...yet where I am now we can't even bult roads that withstand one lously winter. How is it that our knowledge of masonry and construction pales in comparison to these ancient culture's? Shouldn't everything we build be inheritly superior, since technology builds upon that which preceeded it?

We, today, could not build the great pyramids of Giza. Some of the stone blocks used in it's construction weigh in excess of two thousand pounds...at least. I seem to recall hearing that some of the stone blocks weighed in at ten tons, but am not sure. At any rate, nothing that we have built in our modern society would still be standing three thousand years from now if humanity disappeared today...but I'd be willing to bet that the Great Pyramids would sitll be going strong...even as our amazing cities crumbled to dust around them. That, in and of itself, tells me that whether it was aliens or not, there is something about the construction of those pyramids that we have yet to discover.

Also, they are massive structures to have been built that long ago...you can see the Great Pyramids from space for God's sake....yeah, it was all the Egyptians with ropes and chisels...and they built the Great Pyramid of Giza in forty years...with their rope...and their chisel....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join