It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

This story is in every paper i have read this morning and the DM have not long cottoned onto it,

If this is indeed a scam ran by estate agents then its the first i have heard about it. Can you please provide a link for that? If thats true then they need stringing up!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah, you are right.

But it doesn't alter the fact that if ANYONE tried this on me or any of my family or friends then they would be in for a very big suprise.

edit on 23/9/10 by Freeborn because: err, decided not to add anything!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

It says it in the link you posted

The pensioner said police told him the residents had paid £3,000 to a bogus estate agent to rent the property themselves for six months.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes I know, i just thought you had more info than that... Thanks anyway

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If you are really, truly sick of this type of thing you should move to Texas. We have ways to protecting our property down here. And it is usually pretty effective.

The problem England has is that their was not much of a fight for liberty. Of course, the problem with America is we have forgotten that our forefathers actually spilled their blood for our liberty.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So did we.

Study English and British history and you will see that we have never been afraid to stand up for ourselves....just wish the current generation would realise that!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The problem England has is that their was not much of a fight for liberty. Of course, the problem with America is we have forgotten that our forefathers actually spilled their blood for our liberty.

It's not about liberty it's about taking what someone else has and we've always been pretty good at that. This is like the Falklands

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Are houses really that scarce over there? It seems to me that it would be much easier to squat in an empty house rather than take over one that is already occupied.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Small island- great pressure on land.
So yes, demand for housing greater than supply.
Also Lithuanians are presumably migrant workers, who would be in a hurry.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Go over and remove all of the windows and doors "for repairs" ... See how they like you working on the house 24 hours a day...
That is for the legal way ... now, on to reality

If I left to walk my dog, to come back to an occupied house??..
It would be this simple.. I come home , and find squatters.. I load my gun and shoot the biggest one first.. Then place a bat in his hands... Then as his little dirt squirl family tries to run out the back door...I would release the dogs on them.. Kill the little future criminals! Then walk around and place hand guns in each of their hands.. Boy that family was armed to the hilt

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Demand for housing is massive, but strangely in London alone there are over 5000 council owned houses just sitting empty because the councils say that they can't rent them until they are decorated......
link

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm not a violent person, but there are three things I will get violent over.

1.) To protect my family.
2.) Help someone being wronged against.
3.) And thirdly, protect my home.

This would more then likely enrage me and I'd go for broke. I'd break and enter my own home and evict these people with force. When and if the police would show up, I'd just say; "You can arrest me for breaking into my own home whilst intruders did the same thing and got off scott free?".

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You c me for breaking into my own home whilst ntruders did the same thing and got off s free?"
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Oh man oh man! You WOULD get arrested too! My blood boils because i know thats what would happen!

What do we pay the police for again? I forget...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
After a little research it appears that all of this happened at the weekend and the council couldn't do anything until the monday.

When the council invstigated this on the monday the squatters had already left. I agree whole heartedly that its outrageous that the police didn't do anything but becuase of the previous governments beurocratic red tape the police have no powers to intervene over lodgings owned by the council. It appears that the immigrants are getting wise to this. Unfortunately the tenant was an ill elderly man who was to weak to argue over the situation. If it was me I would have dealt with it another way

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I assure you if this happened to me then I would get my house back very quickly and look forward to my day in court!

An Englishman's home is his castle???

Agreed 100%, don't be afraid if some pc PC wants to charge you, take your day in court with a jury, unless there are underlying conditions there'd be no chance of a conviction.

I'd hate it to happen to me but if it did I'd bump key the door open in the night and go in with clubs and blades get them out and with perjurious witnesses deny everything if the scum grassed me up.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Are houses really that scarce over there? It seems to me that it would be much easier to squat in an empty house rather than take over one that is already occupied.

In my area alone there is a two year waiting list for a council house so most people go to private landlords...

However if you are an immigrant/assylum seeker who has not paid one penny into the system you will get a place straight away plus a housefull of furniture, plasma screens and will even buy you a car! I kid you not!

Fricken stinks!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm in the U.S., what's a 'council tenant'? Is it true that noone truly owns land or homes there? It's basically renting from the Queen since she owns it? Can land be passed down for your family to live on after you die?
If it was my home I'd burn that effer down around them...on the sly of course...then again I've just told the world...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wonder if these squatters would like to meet a bunch of bikers in leather jackets.
My friends would just love to have a party at my place. and i would supply the beer.
all they would have to supply is the bike chains.

Someone tried this on a home owner in Texas a few years ago.
When the home owner got back from a weekend out of town he found the squatters.
He got his neighbors and boarded up all the window and doors.but the front door. and turned off the power by pulling the breakers. and this was summer so it got hot in the home without A/C
when the food in the house ran out and someone had to go for more.
Then the owner and neighbors would not let that person back in.
The owner and neighbors starved the people out in about 4 days.
Then when all the squatters were out the owner had them arrested for theft of property. IE the food that was in the house.

The cops could do nothing while the squatters were in possession of the house. and there was no law stopping the owner from boarding up the place.
But when the last one left the owner had control again and could make a citizen's arrest for theft.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Council homes are houses owned by the local government authority. They also own some commercial properties also that they rent/lease to the general public.

If you own your own property or land, you can indeed pass it on to your family on death. However if you inherit land or property and sell it, you may have to pay inheritence tax (at 40%!) Dependant on how much you sell it for.. If its a commercial property you would have to pay inheritence tax AND gains tax if you inherited the business too... Total freakin government scam!

If there are no inheriters then the government takes the lot,

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I dont think i would have the patience for that, but kudos to the guy

If think if we did that here it would breech their human rights and we would get done for it.. Honestly Labours PC policies have turned this country into a joke!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join