It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree the 'estate agent' is the real criminal.
But unfortunately for the 'squatters' that wouldn't stop me from making sure that I reclaimed my propert as soon as possible and by whatever means necessary.

And the kicker is the that the real criminal, if caught, would probably get a suspended sentence because the prison system is swamped with people who got caught smoking a bit of weed, selling baccy or snide Stone Island and some dodgy DVD's.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Its not as if the only squatters that ever raided and inhabited a home have been from lithuania , or for that matter any place else.
Local hippies and anarchists have been at it for years, often as a political weapon, and sometimes through desperation. Making this a vehicle for angst against foreigners is frankly ridiculous! And as for hand wringing, I prefer wringing necks... preferably the necks of persons who have swastikas tattoo'ed on their arms. Its a British thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If someone were to come into my home and try to take it over they would be in for a shock.My husband would make sure they were leaving in one way or another.Also the police in my area since its a small town would know that they did not belong there and would remove them forcibly if need be.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
how do you change the locks on a house you dont own ???

as far as i know it should be practicly impossible to do so by legal means.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes they do. And it worked already, in this thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Please read your own source article. The man took his dogs for a walk, felt ill, then went to a friend's house for a couple days. Plenty of time for the bogus agent to move an unsuspecting family in.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Read this in the paper today, I was at home and my missus at work so no one (apart from possibly the neighbours) heard me shouting.

If anyone tried to "squat" in my house they would be out of the place very quickly and most probably with severe head injuries, I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

At the end of the day my flat is mine, I pay for it and I look after it. Therefore I would treat a squatter as I would a burgular, an intruder! They have no right to be in my home and therefore they wouldn't be there very long!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So we have gone from condemning illegals, to not a thing about the scam, to gung-ho keyboard warriors taking the law into their own hands.

And people wonder why the country is in the state it is

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So we have gone from condemning illegals, to not a thing about the scam, to gung-ho keyboard warriors taking the law into their own hands.

And people wonder why the country is in the state it is

I'm not sure what your trying to imply here, are you grouping me with the so called "gung-ho keyboard warriors taking the law into their own hands"???

My home is mine, I go to work so I can pay for it, I look after it and I love it.

If someone decided they would "move" into my property then I'd do anything needed to get them out of there, if that needed violence then I feel sorry for the people who have attempted to hijack my flat because it's mine not theirs...

edit on 23/9/10 by Death_Kron because: spelling as usual

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am gob smacked that you could leave your house to walk your dog then someone can break in

The "walk your dog and lose your house" never actually happened. it was sensationalist lies created to help further the anti-government agendas of a few idiots with a grudge.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would simply go to my local walmart or Dicks sporting goods and get a rifle as they will give it to you same day.

I would break the back window, enter and kill all.

When the cops show up I would hand the cops my licence and advise them that they broke in and I defended myself.

Case closed.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

And the alternative is to wait for 'the law' to take it's due course, and we all know how long that could take.
And where would I and my family live in the meantime and who would pay for it?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... This is a great song about squatting,,Back in the day t'was a kind of anthem Zounds Dirty Squatters

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You should know that if they had gained illegal entry, they would be arrested on the spot and removed.

All this "I'd kill them, break their necks, blah blah blah" is just so much bullplop.

This thread started with the intention of bashing illegals, I have shown they were not to blame, so now it has moved on to other forms of violence and bigotry.

I can't be bothered anymore, because I know where this is heading, so I'm out of here.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
if this happened to me i would proceed to break back into my own house and then i would kick the #### out of everyone inside, possibly with or without a blunt object. if this wasn't effective i would then make my way to the bedroom to get my gun, and by that point they better hope they are gone. if not i would then calmly call the police to come and clean the mess off of my hardwood floor. this is why i love america.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Freeborn

You should know that if they had gained illegal entry, they would be arrested on the spot and removed.

All this "I'd kill them, break their necks, blah blah blah" is just so much bullplop.

This thread started with the intention of bashing illegals, I have shown they were not to blame, so now it has moved on to other forms of violence and bigotry.

I can't be bothered anymore, because I know where this is heading, so I'm out of here.

If that was the case there would be no such thing as squatters law...

How is anyone "bashing illegals"???

A group of Lituanian squatters illegally entered and proclaimed ownership over someones home, I wouldn't care about the bastards nationality either way I'd be getting my home back...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

If that was the case there would be no such thing as squatters law...

How is anyone "bashing illegals"???

A group of Lituanian squatters illegally entered and proclaimed ownership over someones home, I wouldn't care about the bastards nationality either way I'd be getting my home back...

No they didn't - read the thread.
They were acting in good faith according to the police.

Squatters law you say?
Don't even go there - if entry is forced, squatters rights do not apply, and the alleged squatters are arrested for breaking and entering.
The property owner only has to prove it's his main place of residence, and the squatters have to have sole entry to secured premises, which is pretty difficult if you don't break in, in the first place.

It might be an idea to make sure of your facts - that way you won't continue to make a fool of yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

How is this in good faith? Please explain...

George Pope, 72, took his dogs for a walk and returned to find a family had moved in and changed the locks

Maybe you should do some more research:

Squatting consists of occupying an abandoned or unoccupied space or building, usually residential,[1] that the squatter does not own, rent or otherwise have permission to use.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I live in the US and do not necessarily know the laws in the UK, but what is stopping the police from talking to the “New Tenants” getting a description of the supposed scammer that rented them the property, having a police artist draw up the descriptions in a police sketch, have people picked up who resemble the sketch, have the “new tenants” look at a police lineup and select the person that matches the description.

If the man comes home and informs these people that he did not authorize the house to be sublet/rented to them, you would think they would have the decency to work with the gentleman, if not, it points to them being in on the scam in my mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Don't even go there - if entry is forced, squatters rights do not apply, and the alleged squatters are arrested for breaking and entering.

You are exactly wrong on this point. In Florida to qualify for Homesteading rights, it is necessary that you occupy the property "hostily" and "in plain sight." In other words, if the owner givers you permission you have no rights, but if you do it without the owners permission, and if others can easily witness that you have indeed occupied the place, then you have "squatters rights."

This is a common issue when it comes to beach access here. If a neighborhood uses a walkway for several years and then an owner wants to fence it, the owner may have lost the right to do so. However, if the owner puts up a sign giving everyone permission to use the access point for those years, and then he changes his mind and fences it, he has every right to do so.

"Hostily" means that it has to be occupied without permission. In the case of these squatters, that would entail getting into the home. Of course, once the locks are changed, there is no evidence of "breaking and entering." They can claim the residence was abandoned. The current occupants probably have more rights than the legal owner in this case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join