It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing lack of news on the Mexican drug war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The news arrives with disturbing regularity: But only if you know where and how to find it, certainly not though official channels! 72 bodies found, a federal policeman killed, 4 men decapitated and hung from a bridge, 22 corpses found, 33 men executed, a massacre at a La Quinta Inn, Girl Assassin Squad Discovered.

Clinton says Mexico drug wars starting to look like insurgency‎, someone needs to tell her, it always did!

Mexican Politicians are quick to Say They Are Winning Drug War... but just yesterday in Leon Mexican soldiers deactivated a bomb at a mall! I note was left but those same officials aren't saying what it read?
That story was in the US news papers I found that story in an African news source!

I'm starting to get the feeling the real news coming out of Mexico is being suppressed, so as not to worry us good ole boys north of the border! or maybe they don't want our attention on the region while they put their back door policy plans into action?

FYI 30 + years ago Caspar Willard "Cap" Weinberger... wrote a book and in it predicted the US would have to invade and take over Mexico if what we see happening down there now were to occur!... any bets are where the troops will be sent to next?

I gotta go spend some quality time with the family now so remember to star each other's post's!!!

edit on 19-9-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Star and Flag, friend, I too wonder why there is not a lot of news on the war on our southern border, and the illegal invasion of foreign nationals on our soil. Oh, the MSM reports a little bit here and there, that is, when the day isn't spent reporting on Lohan and Hilton woes and run ins with law enforcement, or when the day happens to be an anniversary of a former president or head of state dying. Those days I just watch the History Channel

I think the reasons are pretty clear. The MSM is under full control from the Military Industrial Complex and the International Banking Cartel, and the taking heads talk about that they are TOLD to talk about, and not a shred of real news. It is sad when one would have to physically travel down there to see first hand news, isn't it? America really needs so independent news sources on TV, and it should be law that no corporation can own a news operation.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Mexico border provides a unique business opportunity, a web of corruption and co-operation between international criminal syndicates, US federal agencies, Mexican government and legal authorities. Immigration issues and random drug violence have and continue to provide cover for a massive covert import/distribution network that is extremely profitable for all parties involved. The war on drugs is a clever ploy and cover, Media apathy is also a necessary component. What is happening is exactly the same as it has been for many years now, the "business" continues to grow and expand, along with its expansion of influence over government and authorities/agencies etc. either by force through threats and intimidation, and/or huge financial incentives.

The only true "security" at the Mexican border is directly related to the security of this business, everything else is done to create public perception that we are confronting this drug trade and border security. Often targeting uninvolved drug gangs that have failed to enter the loop of corruption and pay off the proper authorities or "entities",

Those in positions of power who remain silent, or abstinent on border security issues are likely corrupted and either have no choice, or are benefactors of this "business".

Any major moves that would threaten this "business" would result in a dramatic rise in violence, and especially arranged accidental or "natural" deaths of any authorities involved. They will make good on threats meant to keep control over this entire operation, so don't expect anything to change any time soon.

But of course, this is only the Mexican quarter of a massive "business", a quarter of a much larger import/distribution operation which has deeply embedded claws of corruption in the USA.

The real war on drugs was won by the true enemies within long ago... Don't piss them off!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To much coverage get the folk jumping around, buying ammo and demanding to know whats going to be done if it spills over. Thus to much news undermines the amnesty push as many are becoming aware of the Mexican Drug Lords operations in the US. And much more.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

These two websites are by citizen journalists in the border area. They are bypassing the MSM in Mexico and the US. Let's hope they stay safe, it's the only way we have of knowing what's going on right down the road....

WARNING: both of these websites contain extremely graphic photos of drug war victims/perps.

Borderland Beat

Blog Del Narco

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Remember the bleeding hearts that were puting food and water at "way stations" in the deserts for the illegals to use?

Oh how the pro illegals love to say that no one gets hurt with illegal immigration. They themselves are as bad as the murderers (possible Zeta infiltrators?)

Remember the 70+ that were murdered because they wouldnt be "mules" for the Zetas? All over the news outlets and then it went away.

Sort of.

One of my best friends is Mexican by birth. He came up about 30 years ago. He and I were talking about things "down south" where he has family. He relayed to me news from family that "mass group murders" (for lack of terms) are getting more frequent. He knew of at least half a dozen or more in as many months.

I have never supported illegals. Period.

I do believe they come up and take jobs that used to pay a fair wage (brick masons, construction, ect.). Jobs that kids could do in the summer (before the economy went further to hell) are even harder to get. I also believe it is an avenue for disease to re-enter. Not that all of the people are "filthy", they still have diseases there. TB, pox, ext. Note how some of the "killed off" diseases are re-entering.

That being said, I also didnt like illegal immigration because it set up a "slavery" situation. Women being brought up across the border would be raped (if lucky) and in worse cases sold permanantly into sex slavery till they were of no use.

Not what they were coming for obvously.

The "War on Terror" is more a war on American citzens. The PTB make your life more complicated so there is the illusion of something being done. The "War on Drugs" is an even bigger joke. I say this in full knowledge that the cops on the streets fighting the "little war" (as I call it) really are trying. The Feds are allowing the people and dope in.

Money, Misery, Power. The commodities the PTB love.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think the main reason is because all of this is 'Old news'. This has been going on for as long as I can remember.

I've lived down here in the southwest for 30+ years. The 'turf wars' have been more notable in the last few years due to the facts that they are on the boardertowns, which we can see by looking thru the fence and aren't to far from the Holiday Inn.

But all and all, their disputes stay on their side. The kidnappings and shootings here in the US that you hear of are for the most part, Cartel related.

Now some of you are gonna say "..but it's happening on OUR soil..". Well all I got to say is 'When'd you find out 'bout that? .. oh, when the news told you'.

I thank you with your concerns about this, but when we ask for help, we jus' get the 'burro-cratic' runaround.

We can handle this on our own as we have all along. When they start fightin' in your front yard is when you know they got pas'us!

I got one question though from the OP-

4 men decapitated and hung from a bridge,

How can they be hangn' if they ain't got no head?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Well, they have made several detentions of suspected high-profile members of drug groups.

I think that the best source for Mexican news would be Mexico, have you looked that way?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I so agree with Logarock over this. But add…
Mustn’t have people well informed, about a war on their border. People could ask additional questions about why troops are still in Iraq-Afghanistan!! Also any (real) soldiers on the border could (in their “ignorance”-decency) disrupt the bigger business interests Fractured Fascade explained.
Meanwhile working-unemployed middle class America; is already angry enough about 100 different things, people are even beginning to vote for minor parties, which is unusual (and an obvious threat to the DemoRep monopoly of power, that keeps us in virtual dictatorship).
Despite what they’re supporters believe, both parties intend to ensure an endless supply of cheap labour (I think they got the idea from China where you have the poor countryside, and less poor cities).
People wanted the heavy industries to stay in America; there were only ever two ways: Improve the citizen’s living standards, with intelligent, limited economic protectionism. OR Improve corporation profitability, by keeping wages low.

DemoRep wants our jobless, kind of economic recovery because if it would work the rich will improve their balance sheets, and wages will remain low. By the time wages improve to pre-recession levels, inflation will ensure they’ve lost at least another ten years of (real) wage growth.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
I so agree with Logarock over this. But add…
Mustn’t have people well informed, about a war on their border. People could ask additional questions about why troops are still in Iraq-Afghanistan

Yes! They should be in Mexico!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just saw news about 6 cops getting it down there.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I saw that in the morning, before making my post, on a Mexican source (in Spanish).

As you can see on that site they have lots of news related with the "drug war", you just have to look for the original sources.

Knowing Spanish helps, obviously.

edit on 19/9/2010 by ArMaP because: it was not in the morning.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ya i agree
i barely ever hear anything on it
in fact many of the people i talk to know nothing about it
if u watch glenn beck he always talks about it
im not a huge fan of his ,but when he starts talking sense its hard not to listen
good post
its the 1st time i heard about the girl assassins

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I saw yesterday that one Mexican newspaper had an editorial asking the drug lords what they want them (the press) to do, because the drug lords are the ones forcing a news blackout, and those that do not follow their orders are killed.

Today I saw another news piece about the pressures from the drug lords against the journalists that made some leave the country.

top topics

join