It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rain Rain go away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hello,

Fellow ATS users. I'm currently pondering if anyone else in North America is getting large amounts of rain this year that don't seem to stop.

I currently live in Canada Alberta, Where we maybe got two weeks of summer this year and probably so far rain for the past 20 Days or so. It's off and on but it's rained everyday, at least twice a day.

Our farmers are suffering for they cannot actually harvest and plant during the upcoming season for all the fields in Alberta are muddy.

But anyway, Is it just the region or are other people Getting large unexplainable amounts of rain. I say unexplainable because the closest ocean is over 600 km away. And there are hardly any bodies of water in Alberta Canada. So... What the hell.

Anyway thats all.

I'm awaiting results and hoping for dry land somewhere around here.

Can't continue to longboard at this rate.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FSMthewayshegoes

Wow how odd.

I live not less then 5 Miles from the beach in Southern California. I am rusty on the Metric System, nothing google can't cure.

Anyways no not much rain here. I noticed a few sprinkles on my window before I went to bed at 2 AM but I didn't hear any major rain.

Nor smelt like rain this morning.

Fairly odd for you I say.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello, I agree about all the rain. I have lived in Manitoba for almost 50 years and I have never seen it rain as many days as it has this year. I am almost tempted to give the device in this link a try......www.educate-yourself.org...
I miss the sunshine and find myself scanning the ground waiting for sinkholes to open up.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am not in NA, presently live in Central Europe. But the same applies here. There is an extraordinary amount of rain this year.
So far we had about eight or ten weeks more cool rainy weather this year than ever in my life, and old people tell me that they have not seen this before either. The wine crop here is less than half its usual average. Tomatoes rot. For a while, the weathermen told us we were approaching the year of Hungary's highest rainfall year - 1906 - then we quietly surpassed it and there is no more news about it except that of flooding.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You guys must have gotten all of our rain this year, as this summer season has been pleasently dry. We have had nbetter weather this year, than any other year that I have lived in the area, by far.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It's been peeing down here all day in Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto! I got out my car this morning at 8am, ran to a customers entrance and was virtually drenched! Looked like I had a shower. So I went back to the apartment, and got my dry-mac, before seeing any other customers.

BTW - We haven't had that much rain here this summer, but this week seems to be weird in terms of weather patterns. Like New Zealand with that weather system.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thank you guys for your input,

It seems that the northern Hemisphere is getting rained on like crazy, when usually it really doesn't get this bad.

I mean it's not only been raining in Alberta Canada but ALL OVER CANADA. Which in my opinion is a tad bit... unusual... considering Alberta hardly ever gets rain any other year. This is very unnatural.

And I for one would enjoy a few hypothesis on what could be influencing the constant rain fall or the sudden change of climate.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I currently live in Canada Alberta, Where we maybe got two weeks of summer this year and probably so far rain for the past 20 Days or so. It's off and on but it's rained everyday, at least twice a day.

I currently live in Alabama, USA, where we have had almost five months of summer this year and no real rain for the past 30 days or so.

Please send whatever you don't want. U2U me for exact directions. Make sure the clouds are moisture laden. We will pay for shipping and insurance.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I know most People think it never stops raining in Ireland but in the last 8 years we have had May an June like a normal warm Summer, but July an Augest have been realy bad, Windy an Rainy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Maybe I should Build an ark... Haha.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We are finally getting some rain in Michigan, our state is in a drought, we had a very how summer with temps in the high eighties and nineties most everyday, not real high humidity for the most part so it was bearable. I saw no rain in July or August with the excpetion of one severe storm where I lost my power for 28 hours.. Very strange indeed.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
we broke all rain fall records where i live in alaska. went 33days with straight rain.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hi there,

here in Portugal we have had an abnormally cold winter ( with snow !!! ) ....and now we have had a long hot summer with no rain for 21 weeks..

i will gladly take some of your rain ....lol

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi I live in NB and we had a cool but fairly dry summer . In the past 3 weeks we have been getting nice rains .I noticed the breeze was mostly out of the north ,would explain the cool ... I am hoping we have a mild winter this year like last .I only used the snoblower 3 times last year .If the rain has gotten you down a bit you should consider Vancouver .That place gets a lot of rain,usually about 5 months out of the year. peace

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
ususaly rain? well i live in Florida when we DONT get rain that is Unasual lol
Most every day from april to sept we get showers oo around 445 pm
our average is 49 inches a year or 46 CU MI? centimeters?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
ususaly rain? well i live in Florida when we DONT get rain that is Unasual lol
Most every day from april to sept we get showers oo around 445 pm
our average is 49 inches a year or 46 CU MI? centimeters?

49 whole inches? haha we kind of got you out done up here, we get an average of 152in, and 40in of snow on top of that.

but thats just an average we've gotten way more this year.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You must live in Calgary, as do I.

It was front page news on yahoo.ca for the last few days.

It's cold and rainy.. I should know, I was out in it for over 30 minutes waiting for daughter to get off, the VERY late, school bus.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I haven't lived in Southern Oregon long but there people that I know that have think we are in for a long harsh winter. This summer was unusually mild I've been told. We only had a few days over 100.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I live in the Fraser Valley, BC, and while we are getting sunshine, its been nearly two weeks of solid rain. This summer we had 2 months with barely a trickle, a drought sitaution for the coast which was unusual.

There are threads on ATS that relate to possible reasons for this. First of all BP and the Gulf. Second of all,an abnormal stalling of the Gulf Stream Current related to BP, an Italian physicist's calculations, and in relation to that, sudden drop in tempereatures off coast of eastern europe caused millions of fish to die, the halting of the warm water currents equlaizing the climate in Scandinavian countires. Severe heat in Russia and many died. Drought here, and now rain. To me, it seems related to BP and the Gulf stream and various ocean currents. With an abnormal stalling, even starting again could cause abnromal weather conditions world wide, from that article by the Italian physicist.

BP had shares in the company that produced the chemical they dumped by the megatons into the ocean, so they made a killing off of this.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not in Northern America but here in South eastern Australia, we have just had the wettest Winter breaking our 15 year drought we have been suffering from....bring on the rain, the more the better I say! Sick of seeing dirt and dry grass everywhere.

edit on 16/9/10 by Melbourne_Militia because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join