It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destination Truth Fans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A big hello to all of the new posters from this past week! Thanks for dropping by!

I found this interview with Josh that I thought was interesting. He talks about their issue with underwater stuff a little bit.

www.fearnet.com...

Fear Net

We Speak with Josh Gates of 'Destination Truth'!
by Joseph McCabe, Wed., Sep. 10, 2008 12:00 PM PDT

"Is there any creature that you’ve held off on tackling so far? For example, I know you’ve yet to do a show devoted to the Loch Ness Monster…

(Josh) I think that we have in general held off on anything that we feel has been really explored in mainstream travel television. So in general we’ve held off on Western Europe. I think that there is a real feeling both at the network level and creatively within ourselves that we want to bring viewers to places that are – y’know, the phrase that we use the most is “off the grid.” So we feel like if we can’t bring something new to a story that it’s probably best to not approach it. I think with something like Loch Ness – it’s hard to bring a lot of new information to that story. I think everyone’s aware of the story and certainly Destination Truth is a scrappy show. Our show is really about meeting eye witnesses, hearing their stories, and then getting out first hand and trying to set up a credible investigation. And when you’re talking about lake monsters in particular, or aquatic animals I should say, you need an enormous amount of technology. We kind of like to be a show that’s kind of high-tech by also eyes and ears. In general we try to limit the amount of underwater stuff that we do. I think we did some water stuff this season but we try to do it in a place that’s more accessible and allows us to interact with the local culture. That’s one of the reasons that we’ve kind of not tackled the U.S. yet. We did a Bigfoot story in Malaysia last year because we felt that it really had a different kind of angle to it. People here weren’t really aware that that was a big story in Malaysia. I think if we went to the Pacific Northwest here in the U.S. and tackled Bigfoot we’d really need to spend time figuring out how to make that our own. I think that’s the only thing we’ve really held back on. We just want the viewers to constantly be seeing stuff that they haven’t seen before. I think that’s really our mantra more than anything else – to just keep the show in destinations that people are going to really be excited about and are new to them. There’s no specific animal we’ve held back on for other reasons."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Arrr...I just went to the SyFy Destination Truth site as I wanted to see the video preview for this Thursday and maybe do a little research about the location to share here, but the videos are not working for me today for some reason...I'll try a little bit later..but in the meantime, does anyone know the specific location they are going to this week?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok, so WOW!

I just saw a trailer on Destination Truth with Josh doing an underwater EVP session in a sunken ship, and it looked fantastic!

video.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I hope they do follow-up investigations. They went to a lot of places that had some crazy things happen. Remember last season in the "Haunted Forest/Alux" Episode? It was a dead circle in the middle of the forest and Evan was just swooped up by a gust of wind and had scratches all over him? Go back there!!

I would also love to see a return investigation at Chernobyll, but it must have been hell to get there.

Is this real or is it fake?

It's real (except for the CGI bit of the monster they show before they go on the investigation, of course.), although you can never really be 100% sure what is reality on TV. It's supposed to be real investigations. The locations are real, with authentic local legends. There is a real significant presence of danger in most of the locations they go to, whether from local wildlife or dangerous terrain, but they do have a medic on the team. What I know is that if it is fake, then they could do a much better job by faking more evidence, and they wouldn't have to leave the country. It's hard to imagine it being fake at all. Often they end up with little relevant evidence or none at all.

edit on 9/29/2010 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2010 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Of all the places that I would like to see them go back to, it would have to be Chernobyll for me. That place was sooo spooky. I would also like to see them go investigate some other locations with a lot of death, like locations from the 2004 Tsunami, or maybe even Hiroshima.

I just think it increaes the chances of them documenting something special.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
YEAH!!!! It's Thursday!

I really hope the 'first' underwater ghost hunt does not end up being a bust, because the idea is fantastic!

Counting down the hours...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Tonight... YAY.... we'll have to see all the team truth finds out!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's not often I find myself wishing I had a DVR, but Thursdays is becoming that day! I hate that I have to choose between my favorite TV show (Fringe) and Destination Truth! And then I also forget to catch the replay! Grr.. at least I am able to see it online when they put it up. Hey so I guess Beast Legends was canceled? When I turned it on I saw the Ghost Hunters replay.

Edit: According to Syfy, Beast Legends was moved to 1AM EST, so basically canceled! Wow!

edit on 10/1/2010 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
It's not often I find myself wishing I had a DVR, but Thursdays is becoming that day! I hate that I have to choose between my favorite TV show (Fringe) and Destination Truth! And then I also forget to catch the replay! Grr.. at least I am able to see it online when they put it up. Hey so I guess Beast Legends was canceled? When I turned it on I saw the Ghost Hunters replay.

Edit: According to Syfy, Beast Legends was moved to 1AM EST, so basically canceled! Wow!

edit on 10/1/2010 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

Yeah I was shocked about Beast Legends. After crying from laughing because of the Japan Ninja Turtle hunt, I put my kids to bed, and rushed back to watch a cool new episode on Griffins, and rrrrrrr, there was GH.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So if you did not see last night's show...stop reading this now lol!

As a diver myself, all that I know is that I would have completely lost it if I heard those engine sounds like Josh did. You could really hear that rythmic thumping of an engine...absolutely incredible!

As far as the moving shapes go, I have done some night dives, and when you are using underwater lights, just about anything can cause shadows to play on your vision. Both times that I did a night dive (Cancun, Mexico, and Natal, Brazil) I swore I saw odd shadows a number of times.

And last, Josh's land crew on that island, IMO, really screwed up. I would think that anytime that you get a thermal hit, that you would move towards it to verify the sighting. They just stood there, which unfortunately makes me agree with Grant and Jason that it was a local on the island with them.

Hmmm...I bet Ryder would have gone after it!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Don't let this thread die! I am a huge fan of Destination Truth. I have been trying to figure out forever what those programs are they are using for analysis. One looks like an audio player/audio analysis program it has a white line in the middle of it that pulses with the audio, I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. The other one looks like a screensaver it has some really cool rotating blue graphics on it. I wanna know what that is! It's driving me crazy, I even e-mailed Josh Gates but received no reply.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I enjoy the show especially because of the local culture backgrounds they provide. My favorite moment was when the monk in the mountains had to answer his cell phone.

On the other, I find Josh to be a bit obnoxious. He seems to make fun of the indigenous residents rather often.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I just wanted to update this thread to mention that Syfy has begun advertising Destination Truth's return as March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) at 7/6c, it will be a 4-hour live investigation. They will be in Ireland searching for the existence of "Banshees".

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Thank you MrAndy!!!

I have not been watching TV lately, but just last night I was watching GHI, and you are so right, Team Truth will be back again soon!

I hope that their 'live' show doesn't end up being a dud, or that they stoop to staging something like some paranormal shows seem to do at times.

And maybe I was semi-asleep or wishfully dreaming a little, but was that Ryder?

Edit: Just went to their web site and I don't think it was her, and she is not mentioned on the Team Tab.
www.syfy.com...

edit on 10-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: Ryder check

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by qisoa

Josh can be a little caustic at times, but I find that I enjoy his sense of humor in the most bizarre circumstances to be strong enough to overcome some of his more 'raw' moments.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh! I didn't know there was a DT thread.... I just love the show! The best part for me is the travel and different cultures. Plus they don't take themselves too seriously.

I'm looking forward to the new season, glad I found this thread!

OiO

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Exactly! The locations they go to are awesome and they laugh at themselves more than anything. And I still appreciate their approach for collecting data.

Glad you stopped by!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Destination Truth returning St. Patrick's Day! How lucky can I get!? Wait...4 hours...live....in Ireland...even luckier!

Thanks for the heads up, MrAndy!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I saw that too and was wondering if that was her. It may just be old scenes instead of new ones from the upcoming episodes. I'm wondering if they will have a larger group than normal for the live investigation. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have some guest investigators from the "Fact or Faked" group since they are also returning in March.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Big DT Fan.. My favorite episode was when the crew went into the "Hoia Baciu Forrest" Last season, liked it so much I created a thread about what had taken place when they wee there.
Come St. Patties day, I'll be watching..Thanks for sharing all you adrenaline fans!!
For the meantime here is my thread on "Hoia Baciu Forrest" for your entertainment. Has videos and all the good stuff that scares the pants off of you!!
Hoia Baciu Forrest

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join