It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destination Truth Fans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

YAY... Tonight!

I was wondering if they were going anywhere other then Haboro too... now do I have this right?... they're going to look for Ghosts of Haboro and the creature, Mngwa?

Tonight I will not fall asleep!!...

And really neat and interesting links... thanks!

I got it straight now... never mind me... ha...

edit on 23-9-2010 by OceanStone because: I forgot something

edit on 23-9-2010 by OceanStone because: I'm goofy...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

They are showing last week's episode at 8 like they do. I am not sure who the second half of the show is on. I looked up the African creature cause it was the only one that I had never heard of. It's pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

They are showing last week's episode at 8 like they do. I am not sure who the second half of the show is on. I looked up the African creature cause it was the only one that I had never heard of. It's pretty interesting.

Ohhhhhh that's right!.... so I can see last weeks second part, thanks for reminding me!

You know I had to look up that creature too... since it's not well known maybe there hasn't been too much research and TEAM TRUTH will actually find a new species of something...

edit on 23-9-2010 by OceanStone because: I was a bit lost... ha!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think destination truth's first season was great but I think the series is already going downhill.... Don't get me wrong I think the crew is great and everything but it's turning into ghost hunters instead of creature hunters..... Haven't you guys noticed they are investigating more ghost spots now??? last week it was in one part of the segment and tonights show is going to be a full paranormal investigation...... When they start searching for bigfoots and the likes again I may just get interested in it again!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Hi and welcome jheated!

I agree that I like them looking for creatures far more... but I thought part of tonights show was looking for the Mngwa... and that's a creature... maybe I'm lost here, isn't this part of tonights show?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yeah that was my mistake, but is that becoming the norm? ghost hunt/creature hunt every new episode? I sure hope not...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well I didn't fall asleep and I did see the ogopogo re-run... as far as the ogopogo, I still believe there is something down there, what it is, is anyone's guess...I don't know but there is so much water on earth that we can't possibly claim to know that all creatures have been discovered.

The old school in Japan was creepy but I wasn't too convinced of the evidence.

Now the Africa trip was intense, that was frightening.... the feeling that the crew was more so hunted then being the hunters.... I love seeing cultures that are still pretty primitive... the creature, I believe, might just be a colorful legend of a real animal... and that was team truths assessment also.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I really like the show however my husband....

He's having a full on bromance with Josh Gates. I'm starting to get concerned. It's "Josh this" and "Josh that"

Our 10th anniversary was on Sept 9th, the premire of the new season of DT. Back in August when I mentioned our anniversary was coming up and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy he excited blurted out " I know, Josh is giving us a present!" Whaaaa?

Better order that DT backback for Xmas now

Agreed it's way more then a paranormal show. I enjoy the sarcasm, wit, and travel diaries. Fun stuff.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
We are so far behind here, they have only shown up to the Bhutan Yeti episode in season 3 and the discovery site wont let me access the videos. I hope they start showing the rest of them soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Howdy and welcome!

I actually kinds like the mix of a ghost hunt and an animal case. If one is kinda lame, at least there is a different topic.

I just hope they don't sell out as badly as GH. I understand riding GH's coat tails when they could in the beggining in order to get a bigger following. And even though I do not watch GH anyway near as much as I used to, I also get why Josh still uses them for analysis when possible (more ratings). And guest stars from other Sy Fy channel shows is also ok, I guess.

Personally, I think it would be neat if the rotated weeks, with pure animal hunts one week, and ghost stuff the following week. Even with all of their comedy, they kick the tail off of GH for pure quality of field work.

But LOL, I'm already upset about not having Ryder this season!

So long as they stay on course with what they are doing now, solid investigations with great wit and humor, then Josh and the gang will definitely continue to be my current favorite show.

Thanks for stopping in, and I hope to see you around.!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Wow! A real-life 'Bromance' eh? We should ask Team Truth to investigate that?

Thank you for stopping by and posting.

For me, Josh is like my 'Do not disturb sign', lol. Two of my four kids are really into the show as well, so it is our one night a week that we get to completely ignore the rest of the family.

So while I definitely do not have a 'Bromance' going on with Josh in particular, I am in 'in love' with the show for sure!

I hope your other half worked everything out in regards to the anniversary!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Hello!

My absolute condolences for not being able to keep up with the current season!

However, the Yeti episode does absolutely rock!

I hope that we do not end up causing any spoiler issues with you! But if you want to hear about what is in store for you once the shows catch up your area, this is a good place to be.

Thanks for coming by!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

For sure lady!

The location in Japan was awesome, but I wasn't too impressed with their thermal hit or EVP's either. I know it is kinda of a hit and miss thing with them, and I think that is another reason I love them so much more than GH...the locations make up for low activity.

Africa was pretty cool wasn't it? Except that I would have refused to been part of the two-man team out walking through high grass...no way!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There investigations of on the ghost hunts seem more fun somehow, last night josh falls threw a floor and freaks out when he sees a stuffed bear after hearing they were in the area, i laughed a bit... Overall Josh and the gang make it fun to watch and I do miss Ryder too!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I thought the stuffed bear scene was really funny also. That would have been totally scary coming across those animals like that!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You know, are there really no better underwater cameras? Every time they use it, the water is too murky and visibility is limited to only a few feet. There must be some kind of technology out there that can cut through all that haziness!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Funny you said this... I was thinking the same thing! Josh and crew have such up-to-date equipment that I would think they'd have some water camera that worked better then most.

Maybe they'll get a better one because isn't the next show about them trying to find an aquatic creature?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

You are so right! I have always been happy to see them use additional electronic fencing for better security and analysis, and they almost always have more extra equipment on hand than any other show (in case of battery drain)..but what is the deal with the crappy underwater equipment, eh?

Personally I think that as a species, we really do not understand diddly about a great many creatures on this planet. Underwater explorations have, IMO, the best chance of finding something (as compared to the chance of capturing evidence of Big Foot or something land based).

So...they should get better underwater equipment for sure...and while we are on a wish list for them...bring back Ryder!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I enjoy the sarcasm, wit, and travel diaries. Fun stuff.

Ditto!
And I like their electronic set up at base camp, too.
It's all fun and overly dramatic, like Josh, letting me learn about other cultures' phenomena.
The trip to Masada, capturing the ghostly image on thermal is a favorite.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I finally just watched an episode, its OK. They seem more jumpy then GH. Not bad though but nothing solid IMO evidence wise. Is this real or is it fake?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join