It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLIR Footage of Twin Towers Burning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
Not to be a party pooper but I have worked with a FLIR camera before.

1. It would not register actual temperature 1/4 mile away. Unless it is a VERY expensive piece of instrumentation.

FLIR Commercial Vision Systems

I didn't see anywhere that the make and model of the FLIR was documented, but the above site says the following:

The special talents of thermal imaging are being able to produce a clear image in total darkness, long operation range, round-the-clock detection and the ability to do the job in foul weather when there is no ambient light. The range of a FLIR Systems thermal camera can be far greater than that of a conventional daylight camera; up to 25kms if needs be.

(Emphasis Mine)

25KM!! WOW!

edit on 9-16-2010 by rogerstigers because: trimmed quote

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Good info. 25 Km. That's a long distance.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

that's great info!

All we need to do is to find the type of IR cam used, and see if it had the capability. The woman using it as if it was meant to do what it did. if it wasn't going to come out accurately then why would she record it?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'll gladly show my ignorance here to possibly learn something while making a point or two but I seem to agree with Nutter. I don't know anything specifically about FLIR cameras and I don't know exactly what time this video was taken but it's a small window of time since both towers are burning, and that didn't happen for very long. Without specifically referencing any video I know I remember seeing some red or orange flames around this time. A quick look at wiki for fire temperatures tells me that the fire should be somewhere around 525°C/977°F - 1000°C/1830°F yet the legend in the video only goes up to 120°C.
Believe me, I'd love to see FLIR footage of this but something doesn't seem correct here. Tell me how I'm seeing this wrong.

The video shows the non fire portions of the towers at around 15°C which is 59°F which seems about right considering the day and time of year. However, the parts on fire appear as orange which correlates around half way but less than three quarters in the legend which shows the fire is only around 50°C/122°F - 70° C/157°F. That just does not even seem plausible for a fire. There's something very wrong here.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Three_moons because: added last paragraph

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yep, I did a thread a while back on this:

9/11 FLIR Infrared Camera proves NIST and 9/11 Commission Lies

The thread was generally well received at ATS with 89 flags and +45 stars.

It is actual proof that the fires did not burn hot enough to melt those beams. But of course we can already tell that from the huge amounts of smoke, indicating an oxygen-starved fire. Carol's credentials are rock solid.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I have the same question. You just phrased it more elegantly than i did.

The video in question does not make sense. The legend on the left only goes to 120C's and the temps in the vid barely touch 120. Yet the OS states a higher temp. Does this video correct that, or the video in question didn't pick up the heat signatures correctly.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The video in your link has since been deleted. I took a quick glance through your thread and didn't see the answers I was looking for so I was hoping you could help me out. Was it the same video and if not were the temperatures the same? Was the equipment calibration and other related questions discussed? The temperatures simply seem too low to support the fires that were seen. Do you have any idea what the sensitivity of FLIR cameras are? Should we be able to see the heat signature of people who were still in the towers that we don't see?

reply to post by ugie1028

Even without following the temperatures in the OS I know I saw multiple videos, TV broadcasts and read and heard many eye witness accounts of fire. They can't all be wrong. I have no expertise in this area but my gray matter tells me that the fire I saw and read about is hotter than what's being shown here. Do you have any idea at what time this video was recorded? I'd love to compare this footage side by side to "regular" footage and see exactly what the fires looked like at this time.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
what's with the explosion?....

edit on 26-9-2010 by patriots4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by patriots4truth

The "unknown" heat source at the beginning of that video, is only the reflected heat from Tower 2 it looks like. Same thing for the "explosion", though with burning embers. I'm not so sure that was an explosion, or at least I didn't see an explosion.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I could be completely wrong and feel free to correct me..

I could swear I read somewhere that the flir camera was not calibrated to read such high temperature. Again I could be wrong.

edit on 29-9-2010 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join