It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They're probably going to make a ton of money playing off the collective hope of ET "disclosure". :-P That's all this is, tbh. A show. Entertainment. But if you want to somehow decipher some secret message in it, feel free.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If things like this are true, that may be one reason that many things will not be disclosed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
IMHO, there is no way we will ever get a glimpse of what really goes on inside our government. For Christ sakes, most of the government doesn't even know what's going on inside.

As for the President.....there are a lot of issues classified above his level of access. The USA President has access to almost everything, but he still falls under "need to know" which serves as a foundation of our classification system. While he can create and assign classified and "compartmented" information, it doesn't mean he automatically has access to everything at that classification level. He must have a clear "need to know" based on the demands of his job.

Hmmm! In fact, I am wondering if we ever had a President that didn't qualify for a security clearance before their election?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Very good looking show in my opinion. Looks intense. Another project for the masses to get ready for the real thing in 2012. I'm looking forward to both. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just saw the trailer for this on the web. I don't think this has anything to do with Aliens or disclosure. Involuntary dimension travelling or the merging of one reality with another seems more likely IMHO.

I dont think the guy who's looking for his wife is from the same reality as the president character.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I, for one, am anxious to see The Event! Especially if it is indeed a genuine series about disclosure. From what I have read, gleaned, learned, investigated, etc. from the internet and books and magazines over the last few years, it is that disclosure is coming, albeit slowing. Sort of like having a gecko lizard talk to you in a commercial (on a daily basis) – get used to the idea of lizard people. Then you have children’s shows such as Avatar (i.e. awakening), which constantly runs and then something completely oddball – Third Rock From the Sun (which I miss). It’s been a slow process to try to ease the general public into believing something like this could actually happen. It has to be.

Some scenes are in the Bahamas and some were shot at the North Pole. Hummmm.

SPOILER ALERT – DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING…

The pilot involves a terrorist attack, a super-secret intergalactic conspiracy (headed by Laura Innes), the first Cuban-American president (played by Blair Underwood), a sensitive lover (played by Jason Ritter), a wormhole with an aftermarket exhaust rumble, and some other stuff.

The Event hopefully will not let me down, and hey if disclosure comes about because of these types of “events” in television, then great. I’m ready. If not, then a good series is always fun to watch instead.

peace

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Looks like another way to make money. I guess NBC needs this show to boost ratings.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Sort of like having a gecko lizard talk to you in a commercial (on a daily basis) – get used to the idea of lizard people.

I couldn't help but quote this. The Geico lizard a method for preparing us to accept the existence of Reptilians? That is an incredible and creative claim.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
Very good looking show in my opinion. Looks intense. Another project for the masses to get ready for the real thing in 2012. I'm looking forward to both. Thanks for the heads up!

Evidence.

Funny how not a single person who believes this nonsense has produced a single shred of evidence to support the belief...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet

Evidence.

Funny how not a single person who believes this nonsense has produced a single shred of evidence to support the belief...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I don't need evidence any more. Some people still do and even if they had it, they wouldn't be sure how to absorb it properly. That's not a bad thing, nor it is my thing. You need to find out on your own. I have and don't regret it one bit. Life is more interesting now, though it comes with more resposibilities and less time. I can respect your need for proof, but at the same time I don't need to post any. My schedule prevents it. But I will post an interesting thread in the following weeks, which you may like. It will include dozens of pictures and information from my personal experience which I have gathered over the last year and a half. Nothing mind-blowing, but your "food for thought", as you say. Until then, explore the universe with the best intentions and curiousity and transmit love. Love in return shall you get. Peace!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Everyone expecting The Event to be about aliens may be in for a disappointment. As of right now, everyone involved with the show is being tight-lipped about what coming "event" in the series is. It being aliens, in some form or another, is just a rumor (though I suspect it may be aliens).

Actually according to sources the cast don't even know what "The Event" is, so they are along for the ride too.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So if I understand it correctly there will be another tv-show about aliens and scifi. SO What? There could be millions tv- shows and series made by hollywood. Is this what we are waiting for? A TV Show? I thought we were waiting for disclosure.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
please forgive me for my outlandish views, but i truly believe their may be some basis in reality for this program's script and the ideas they present. find me one piece of technology that was not first science fiction. science fact begins with "what if" and then the percievable becomes possible. i have yet to see this show, but i have set up the cable box to record it

remember those communication devices from star trek in the 60s? thirty years later we had smaller hand held communication devices than that with our cell phones.

"I'm Star Trek Capt." has the same symbols/letters in it as "Patrick Stewart". just saying.

this show is intriguing. thanks op.

-et

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dumb, more distractions and misleading propaganda. Once again a ploy to make ET's look bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'll just be glad when this stupid thing is off of the front page. Its a pain in the ass the way it obscures the page!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
"I'm Star Trek Capt." has the same symbols/letters in it as "Patrick Stewart". just saying.

this show is intriguing. thanks op.

-et

There isn't an M in Patrick Stewart

I agree that The Event is intriguing though.

edit: ah you flipped the W upside down...

edit on 19-9-2010 by dimethylmercury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
dimethylmercury,

i should have specified when i wrote "symbols". yes, i flipped it upside down.

thanks for reading that post

-et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: remove quote

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
so... did anyone watch this? I was going to, but was just reminded I missed it by the advertisement... or did I? I will have to re-check and edit as neccassary...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, here's my first post on ATS.

I've never been one for television series, but this looks intriguing. Not too much to say about it, although my guess would be they're some kinda of alien ~ human hybrid, and the event would be their regular race to come and meet with earth... although I'm most likely way off on this one.

Really interested to see what happens!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join