It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Unfortunately, I think you're right, so hoping this show is as good as it's being hyped up to be. The good news is, with the departure of other shows, there's a real vacuum now for such a show, so it could hit right at the exact time needed to succeed.

Who knows, this show could even be part of an actual disclosure process (though I doubt it). Still though, it would be a good tactic. In any case, just hoping it will be entertaining. Guess we'll see in a week...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Its just a sci-fi TV show. Its not even real, and it got this much attention from the membership?

Its just a damn show. Some suggested it could be used as a way of letting disclosure happen.

that's not reality, why would they need a TV show to get people used to something when they have done it already through other movies and TV shows? this one isn't any different!

want to know another movie where the president was on a need to know basis?

Independence day! The pres in that film didn't know about the 'Aliens/UFO's' until after the first attack.

This is why i think this show is silly; because some people are taking as a step toward disclosure. But the reality is that its been done before, and now your falling into another one expecting a great result! but you will all be disappointed when nothing comes from this. Sorry if i offended anyone with that. Truth hurts, but your expecting the same thing from something else when something like this was previously done, and nothing came from it. the most recent one i can think of (TV SHOW) is V.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is also Falling skies ( spielberg ).

see :
Simulacra, Simulation, False Flag, Mass and Elite Manipulation

The simulators : De-construct reality, and simulate an other.

Simulacrum is true, simulacra preceded the real.

And nothing is true : this is clueless we don't have much information to judge

edit on 13-9-2010 by psychederic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

I was thinking of recent movies/TV shows that were also thought to be gateways to disclosure.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Falling Skies (2010)

www.imdb.com...

www.fallingskies.fr...

"when the clock hits zero, you'll have a chance to JOIN US, on the Front Lines"

THe frenchs ancestors had a moto : "Until the skies falls" downs on our heads.

edit on 13-9-2010 by psychederic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by proteus33

Who knows, this show could even be part of an actual disclosure process (though I doubt it). Still though, it would be a good tactic. In any case, just hoping it will be entertaining. Guess we'll see in a week...

Agreed, and the article cited by the OP provides at the end: "This is article 1 of a five part series discussing the significance of the NBC television series 'The Event', which will premiere on September 20, 2010. The series appears to be the beginning of an effort to inform the American public of the reality of the UFO and alien life on Earth."
www.examiner.com...

This article by Mr. Lowe was published on September 11, 2010. I will be looking forward to the next four parts - and hoping that Mr. Lowe expands upon his view that The Event "appears to be the beginning of an effort to inform the American public..."

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like the start of a new but different "Lost" series. You know the kind that you have to watch for 5 years and you still have no damn idea what is going on. I alomost belive that if there was disclosure there would be more conspiracy theoris floating around than there are now, and a hole lot more sinister.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry folks there will be no disclosure. Not now not ever. This entire story will amount to nohing.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
sadly he/she's right there will not be disclosure but i cant say that for sure only time may tell if this is worth the wait until then stay cool

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jeez, 5 pages of people harping on the "Disclosure" thing. Get over it. Obviously the show is already working against the masses. Against those who believe in disclosure, and those who don't. What is more funny is the fact that those who believe in disclosure see it as a possibility, not an absolute truth. They are calm and willing to discuss the topic rationally like adults. Yet the antagonists here adamantly believe that the only possibility, is that there isn't one, so they get all bothered and worked up about it.

If you honestly don't believe the show is working as intended, as a means of social manipulation and programming. Then tell me, why are you so bothered? This is targeted at pretty much everyone, not a single person. I chimed in and gave my opinion, and let others have theirs.

But some of you are on the warpath to belittle those with dissenting views as if your reality was crumbling around you. Desperately struggling to force your beliefs on to others with hateful words, pretending to have some authoritarian stance on the matter.

If you don't believe in disclosure then you don't. Leave it at that. But you would rather sit here and argue against it rather than spend your time benefiting your mind and reading something of importance, saying something of importance.

I equate it to the all too common pedantic statement from grade school. "That's stupid". Intellectually empty, lacking any critical thought. That's the majority of these posts...

"Disclosure is stupid, and you're stupid for believing in it". *Chest bump*

How about you antagonists find something better to do with your time?

And for those of you who obviously fail to understand how social manipulation works through the media... Let me simplify it for you.

Not one show, or movie has all the answers. Nor do they give you an answer to anything. Each of them is a piece of a puzzle, to understanding reality.

They must all be taken into account, in context, and correlated against one another. They slowly create paradigm shifts, or what I love to call "shifting baselines". Where the whole can not be understood, or even visualized until the time is ready. You can come close to understanding what the truth is, but until that last piece is laid nothing will make sense.

I believe it is much like when the Masons lay a cornerstone to cement the foundation and bring everything together on a fixed, precise point. Only in this case, we are all being initiated to become the capstone.

I'm sorry if you can't see the "grand revealing" which will bind all of this together laying the capstone so that finally everything will make sense. I don't believe it's "disclosure" myself either. I believe it's much more than aliens, ghosts, reptilians, werewolves, vampires, advanced technologies, etc... However these concepts help rapidly evolve our social consciousness.

Just look around. 50 years of modern computing, 30 years of internet. And compare societies intellect and reasoning today, to that of merely just 100 years ago. We are being primmed.

I digress though. If putting all of your energy into arguing with others in a childlike manner seems like a positive use of your energy, then by all means.

(I still think the show has much to do with 9/11)

reply to post by CharlesBronson74

The last 30minutes of Lost gave you all the answers you need. If you still don't understand it, you aren't ready.

edit on 13-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: OH-SEE-DEE

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Is this going to be another "Lost" where you have to waste 5 years watching a show hoping to understand wtf it's all about only to be let down after all that?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok without going through a million pages, my take on the event was set in the trailer when the lawn chairs go flying off at the edge of the ocean.

I am thinking thast it is more about the polar flip, the spiritual side of the dimensional rift as we move into the next dimensional plain of existence. This also explains how when a series of mini events unfold before the big one, or event, people will find the dimension they know to exist sliding into others .

Did I make that clear?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well, I think the whole point of this isn't necessarily "disclosure" through the movie per se but that the idea of the story itself will be talked about by friend, family and coworkers around the water cooler. The one question that will inevitably be asked to each other is "do you believe in alien life here on earth". By the sheer idea of it, it can in some regards, be considered a type of disclosure in that it seeds the public with the idea of it.

Just look at the type of alien dolls, shows and movies over the past decade. Turn on Saturday morning cartoons and see Ben 10 and tons of other shows with alien creatures in them. I feel the idea of alien disclosure probably began with the radio show decades ago that caused people to panic and look how it has become embedded into our culture since then. I'd say that was conditioning us for the announcement at some point in our future..maybe not in our lives but certainly in our kids, grandchildren or future descendants. I've always thought public disclosure wouldn't come from our governments of the world but from the "aliens" themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the entertainment section..?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The only event that's occurring is the further "dumbing down" and intentional confusion of today's youth by Zionist media moguls. This kind of reminds me of David Cronenberg's film eXistenZ, in that so many people are so desperate to escape from reality, that they have to come up with these fantastical scenarios in their heads of what's really going on in the world, when there is so much there right in front of their faces. Are you all going to get mod chipped, and have your skull implanted with an hdmi input? Then you can direct interface with "The Event" and really be in the know about what the shadowy puppets behind the scenes are doing.

You know why people like Glenn Beck are put on your t.v.? Because Alex Jones was so popular on the internet. If you haven't realized this yet, these corporations have run out of ideas and need to draw audiences back in that were lost to the internet, and pirating. If you watch this garbage, you are helping to keep these people in business. The very same people in fact that regard you as sub-human parasites. The same people who are paying off all of your politicians and corrupting your political system from the bottom up. In essence, by watching this show, you are helping to keep people in power that are doing everything they can to keep you under control and uninformed. You want disclosure? Start campaigning for representatives (elections are in November) in your district who support transparency. Organize with others in your community if you have no such representative, and create public awareness. Sitting on conspiracy forums is accomplishing nothing. You are talking into an echo chamber.

The reason I came to ATS was because there are some very intelligent people here, and there is a lot of interesting information regarding UFO's, but this is utterly ridiculous, and pathetic that anyone would waste the half second clicking their mouse to star and flag this.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is this TV Guide or ATS?
Some alternative site!

It's just another TV show kiddies!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Some commenters on this thread are missing the point.

Yes, this show is fictional. The questions to ask yourselves is "Who or what is behind this show and what is their agenda? What are they attempting to prepare us for, and will the thing they prepare us for be true or false?"

It is well-known that the CIA, NSA, and other covert organizations have fed us information or disinformation through Hollywood entertainment venues, and have also used movies and television to inure us to various operations. For instance, "24" had a CIA advisor, and was used to prepare us for illegal government operations as depicted therein, and which did in fact occur. If you doubt any of that, I suggest you check out this well-documented article in the current Fortean Times:

www.forteantimes.com...

Personally, I have reason to believe that aliens walk among us, and I have reason to believe that some if not all of us have been subjected to neurolinguistic programming, but I won't go there right now.

I do think the purpose of this show is to prepare us for things to come. I shudder to think what certain portions of the population would do if it were revealed that some among us were aliens. Perhaps we'll find out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ahhh geeesh. I give I give....Im converting to Judaism just please quit making films that throw the audience crumbs simply to hook the audience to watch more. I'll observe all holidays and follow all Torah laws. I will even dawg on Palestine and bow before Zion

Please...no more films. I beg of you.

edit on 13-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NazcaP
Personally, I have reason to believe that aliens walk among us, and I have reason to believe that some if not all of us have been subjected to neurolinguistic programming, but I won't go there right now.

If it wasn't for the two-line thing, I'd just give you a
and we would both smile assertively. This will have to do. Inception explained this quite nicely for the majority of people... the mind fills in the rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I saw that trailer last night and immedately thought of ATS

ATS should make a movie

I know what title I'd use for the ATS movie..

Title for an ATS movie?

I suggest "Holy Cow!"

Somehow it seems quite fitting; indicating both complete disbelief and deep-seated beliefs at the same time. It's also a funny expression

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join