It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Everyone expecting The Event to be about aliens may be in for a disappointment. As of right now, everyone involved with the show is being tight-lipped about what coming "event" in the series is. It being aliens, in some form or another, is just a rumor (though I suspect it may be aliens).

I AM SO LOVING THIS! Is this going to be the next 24? Are we taking bets?
OK, I suspect that it is Aliens, a celestial event connected with them and Illuminati with a twist. Maybe the aliens were the ones that made the mistake of working with humans undercover and got
LOL
Or the Illuminati get caught conspiring w/aliens to kill large amounts of humans.
This is going to be so much fun! Does anyone have the channel time listings for the 20?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here we go again........

Here's a good idea : Let's discuss events AFTER they have been disclosed and stop getting excited about maybes yet again!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Good points there about the supposed ET perspective on disclosure.
If they wanted to be 'exposed' they would have done so.
I understand govts. are afraid to reveal this logic to the folks.
Times are changing fast and time is running thin.
The Awareness/Disclosure process is one of necessity and understood by 'all' concerned.

You will continue to see more and more revelations concerning the ET/UFO phenomenon. lol.
The boiling frog concept comes to mind so a pacemaker won't put one out of his.
Between now and the end of 2012 there will much more of this.
For a Reason; a good one.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Perseus Apex

Latecomer. I thought THE EVENT was to be on the 11th?
When will the show be on?
Thank You

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I believe that one was seriously compromised.
It didn't turn out to be a very good idea for all concerned.
I'm not looking forward to the next one.

I have an odd question to ask you.
Did you used to smash your hotwheels cars together to see which one was the tuffest one?
I did though didn't figure it out till much later.
It seemed to be a reflection of what I was seeing day to day.
It didn't seem very productive.

Why, this is so simple a five-year-old child could understand it! [aside] Go find me a five-year-old child; I can't make heads or tails of it. GrouchohMarx.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
c'mon...it's entertainment...what?? you want more reality shows for god's sake? not enough snooky for yeh?? and who knows, this might be a way to calm the "supposed" panic that was reported 70 to 80 years ago when orsen welles did the mars invasion radio show. this might be in someones playbook for releasing the UFO files that the U. S. has kept secret all these years. maybe they are planning on doing a "french government" release that happened a couple of years ago. or it simply might be a way to make money by hyping a new show. hey, i'll crack open a bottle of wine and watch it, it might be halfway good.

edit on 13-9-2010 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Am I missing something here? I mean, come on...it's going to be a tv series...pure fiction. It's not like aliens haven't been the subject of a TV series before. And this certainly isn't going to be a factual documentary providing us "Disclosure".

It may be an entertaining series, much like x-files, but worthy of an ATS topic? This is more like an "off topic" (BTS) discussion.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What better way to let the public know the truth then through hollywood?

The reason they program these things into you is so you will be able to accept it easier if or when it even happens.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Am I missing something here? I mean, come on...it's going to be a tv series...pure fiction. It's not like aliens haven't been the subject of a TV series before. And this certainly isn't going to be a factual documentary providing us "Disclosure".

It may be an entertaining series, much like x-files, but worthy of an ATS topic? This is more like an "off topic" (BTS) discussion.

Really? Are you sure? Because I and others honestly thought this was a History channel documentary about aliens, edited for television. In fact I quite clearly remember (no I don't) several posts where people thought the television show WAS reality...

On the contrary, I seem to be able to discern that those who believe it may be a disclosure attempt are merely suggesting the show is only a social tool to help citizens digest the "possibility" and begin to evolve their mentalities.

No one, as far as I can see has blatantly said anything similar to "This show is based on real events, this is what the aliens look like. This is a warning that the portrayed events will occur as seen on tv."

Everyone dissenting from the disclosure concept, is reading more into what's there than those who believe the show is about disclosure.

Putting words in people's mouths just so you can belittle them and pretend you're intellectually superior.

Bravo to you all!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Somewhere a writer or entertainment executive is reading this topic and laughing hysterically, likely while glancing through the 2011 Lexus brochure with a big smile... or maybe he is reading this topic on a iPhone on some tropical beach...

Sometimes a TV show is just a TV show...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Somewhere a writer or entertainment executive is reading this topic and laughing hysterically, likely while glancing through the 2011 Lexus brochure with a big smile... or maybe he is reading this topic on a iPhone on some tropical beach...

Sometimes a TV show is just a TV show...

Oh hey look, someone else belittling the posters of this thread and offering absolutely nothing of value. Other than a view into his/her psyche that they believe Lexus is upper echelon quality to someone who can afford a vehicle 10x the value of a Lexus. Allowing us to discern that your income is relatively proportional to a baseline where a Lexus would be an expensive purchase raising you high into the social ranks.

Oh and you're aware the iPhone is popular, amazing. Any other assumptions you wish to grace us with?

I particularly like where you said, "sometimes". Not necessarily implying this time, as this time may not be one of those times. Which your own mind concedes to, as evidenced by your use of language. Stunning use of disinformation techniques.

Reality is a woven system of quantum entanglement. To even think that a producer is aware of the repercussions of what he is producing, or that a writers idea was truly his and not an implanted thought in every situation is what is known as "blind faith". And quite presumptive, don't you think?

To pretend that "you" of all people hold the intellectual processes to discern what reality is above everyone else is fairly lulz.

"I'm right, you people are crazy to talk about the possibility of a reality beyond what we know. Because we know everything about reality. Nanny-nanny-frickin boo-boo."

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Wow, seems I hit quite a nerve here.

Yes, I am surely "belittling" posters who believe, with absolutely no evidence at all I must add, that a fictional TV show is somehow part of a secret conspiracy or experiment the government is conducting in order to conceal/disclose/spread "disinformation" about extraterrestrial life which we also have no evidence for.

Or no? Perhaps this is the moment of disclosure we all have been waiting for regarding the mystical events that sure to happen in 2012? Or perhaps this is the way the NWO will tell us the truth about the Reptilians? The possibilities are endless! Do you see the idea here? We have no evidence at all that this is anything other than a fictional TV show based on the mythology of conspiracies and what not and yet some posters here are treating this like it is the holy grail of disclosure. Once again this forum revels in religious imagery.

As for Lexus. They make a fine automobile, the equal or better of German rivals.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Wow, seems I hit quite a nerve here.

The only nerve you hit was that of patients towards ignorance. You're yet another poster offering nothing of value to the discussion/debate. You swing in, discredit the beliefs of others through your own hearsay. And expect that you are correct.

Yes, I am surely "belittling" posters who believe, with absolutely no evidence at all I must add, that a fictional TV show is somehow part of a secret conspiracy or experiment the government is conducting in order to conceal/disclose/spread "disinformation" about extraterrestrial life which we also have no evidence for.

This entire paragraph is fundamentally inaccurate. With the exception that you're belittling others who don't share your opinion. (Not to mention there is plenty of evidence of the true nature of television, you would just refuse to accept it's possibilities. There's also suggestive evidence of alien "life" through bacterial records but I assume that information is inaccurate as you disagree with it.)

Or no? Perhaps this is the moment of disclosure we all have been waiting for regarding the mystical events that sure to happen in 2012? Or perhaps this is the way the NWO will tell us the truth about the Reptilians? The possibilities are endless! Do you see the idea here? We have no evidence at all that this is anything other than a fictional TV show based on the mythology of conspiracies and what not and yet some posters here are treating this like it is the holy grail of disclosure. Once again this forum revels in religious imagery.

See, you're the one stretching it to things like NWO, Illuminati, 2012, Mystical magical mojo, etc... So that you may liken those you disagree with to fundamentalists, eliminating the moderate discussion. And labeling anyone you disagree with as essentially, "some crackpot who believes in aliens".

Taking the stance, that only things you're aware of exist is quite asinine. I also don't see anyone trying to turn this into what you're describing...

Let's summarize this...

"Hey 'The Event' may be about disclosure."
- "Disclosure?"
"Yeah the possibility that alien life may exist."
- "You think aliens exist?"
"Not necessarily, but there is the possibility."
- "Next you'll tell me the world is round."
"The world is round."
- "Wait, the world is round and you're telling me there's a possibility things I'm not aware of may exist?"
- "You're crazy, it's just a show."
"Yeah, a show about the possibility of alien life existing..."
- "But aliens don't exist."
"How do you know that?"
- "Because I'm not insane."
"Oh so believing in the possibility of something outside of what you know is insanity?"
- "Pretty much."

As for Lexus. They make a fine automobile, the equal or better of German rivals.

Yeah, no.

[Sidebar: It's also quite obvious you're ignorant to the actual history and uses of the technology behind television. It's far more than "Tesla created it". Tesla did create it, but the rationale behind why he created it is far more relevant. So is the technical possibilities of the technology. The science behind it, quite literally interacts with your brain and reprograms your thought processes in real time. However most people today simply view it for what it is based solely upon the surface of a television "program". We've become quite complacent about how the technology actually interacts with us.]

edit on 13-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You wrote a long reply that really hasn't cleared up the point you are trying to make. You seem to suggest that I am close-minded because I don't believe unsubstantiated claims. People on ATS are constantly complaining that people don't take conspiracies and UFO allegations seriously, well guess what? The public doesn't take these things seriously because of bizarre claims like this. People who are interested in UFOs and find this forum can only giggle at topics like this. You want Ufology to be taken seriously taken? Bring back the days of J. Allen Hynek. Investigate claims of extraterrestrial life using the scientific method instead of waiting for the holy day of "disclosure".

I can't find any evidence that Nikola Tesla had anything to do with the development of television. You also seem to believe that television has a way of "reprogramming" our minds. Are you suggesting this in a broad "cultural" way or is this a real technical means of controlling our thoughts?

As for Lexus, I'd be more than happy to debate that subject with you over PM or in the Automobile forum.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Turiddu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The fact that they call them "programs" should have rang some bells.

TV programs..program your mind.What better way to reach the people but through their television sets.
everybody owns a TV.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You wrote a long reply that really hasn't cleared up the point you are trying to make. You seem to suggest that I am close-minded because I don't believe unsubstantiated claims.

Not at all, you're free to believe whatever you will. I'm suggesting your closed minded because you're attempting to belittle those who disagree with you through a careful world selection.

I can't find any evidence that Nikola Tesla had anything to do with the development of television. You also seem to believe that television has a way of "reprogramming" our minds. Are you suggesting this in a broad "cultural" way or is this a real technical means of controlling our thoughts?

Dig deeper.

Wardenclyffe Tower (1901–1917) also known as the Tesla Tower, was an early wireless telecommunications tower designed by Nikola Tesla and intended for commercial trans-Atlantic wireless telephony, broadcasting, and to demonstrate the transmission of power without interconnecting wires.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The frequencies with which Tesla had intended were capable of directly interacting with our brain. So the video/audio would bypass our external senses and be transmitted directly to our brain.

Impossible? We're already doing it with audio.

TV is a Tesla technology descendant.

I'm not talking how it culturally programs it through trends. I'm not saying it "controls" your thoughts.

I'm saying it circumvents your ability to rationally process the information, and instead requires you to make decisions on a subconscious level. So it presents you with ideas, and information you're unaware of, and forces you to essentially process said information and come to your own conclusion. Just without you being aware.

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
The fact that they call them "programs" should have rang some bells.

TV programs..program your mind.What better way to reach the people but through their television sets.
everybody owns a TV.

Honestly. Anyone who programs can clearly tell you that television "programs" don't fit the criteria for "programming". However, what the "program" does to your thought process, does.

edit on 13-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
"Stupidity kills, but not fast enough"

People who don't search the truth, with an open mind should go back 2000 years ago, : in there era.

Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is, in its broadest sense, any systematic knowledge that is capable of resulting in a correct prediction or reliable outcome.

edit on 14-9-2010 by psychederic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
On the contrary, I seem to be able to discern that those who believe it may be a disclosure attempt are merely suggesting the show is only a social tool to help citizens digest the "possibility" and begin to evolve their mentalities.

Yeah, I get your point. But it makes about as much sense as saying the Dukes of Hazzard was a social tool to prepare us for the possibility of police corruption.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Maybe it was, with rednecks as the targeted audience.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NazcaP
Some commenters on this thread are missing the point.

Yes, this show is fictional. The questions to ask yourselves is "Who or what is behind this show and what is their agenda? What are they attempting to prepare us for, and will the thing they prepare us for be true or false?"

Their agenda is simple. Make money and lots of it hand over fist as they say. What are they preparing us for? They are preparing us for sitting in front of our TVs hoping to get an answer to the damn question of what this "event" is. They likely will not give anybody that answer the first episode but they will keep trying to entice us by promising that next episode will be the one. Of course many will be suckers and will fall for it hook line and sinker.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join