It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will definately make you jump...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I hate these things, they always make me jump even when I know what's coming.

This is just an elongated version of a "screamer" i.e. nothing happens for ages to lull you into a false sense of security and then there's a sudden scary image and an intense sound that makes you jump, It's a pretty lazy trick that is used in most 3rd rate horror films in the absence of any real drama or tension.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I love the 'sound effects' when the camera points at it, LOL. Well, nice try, creepy vibe for sure, but designed to be that way. Why is it spanish people are always walking around w/ camera in hand recording the most mundane things, and then boom. Some anomalous thing happens, such as a sidestepping travelocity troll, or some chupacabra reaching out for a kid while playing ball at 3 in the morning?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That did not make me jump.

This makes everyone jump..

/me runs to a safe house and cries himself to sleep in fear of the mob..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

No...no...no...

This does.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
No this does!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The ghost looks kind of like Brooke Shields did when she was a teenager and still getting movie roles. I have a hard time believing that a guy would be so scared of a skinny woman ghost. Also, who wanders around with a night-vision camera while out with friends? Maybe they do, but it seems to convenient in this case.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
sorry but ghosts aren't real. hate to burst your bubble.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
to put a long story about having to change my pants after seeing this video..... i pooped

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry but I didn't get anything from this - clearly staged.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die

Care to elaborate on your certainty ... for example ... is this just your personal belief ... or do you 'know' this for a fact ... and if so how do you know.

For such a confident and succinct statement I'm expecting to hear a remarkable reply ... you can't just leave us hanging without explanation ... well, not unless you don't have an explanation that is ... and the real reason for your statement is because you are just a little bit afraid that they are real maybe.

Woody

edit on 11-9-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh, the language is Portuguese! It does resemble Spanish... at the first word, Apariciao, the tildes are in all the right place but we don't really have the accent C in Spanish. (In Spanish, the word for Apparition is Aparicion. I asked my mom right now to check. XD)
And apparently one of the dudes died? I was too scared to watch it all the way through with sound so I just paused and skipped around on bits. >.> It's pretty unnerving for me.

edit on 9/11/2010 by Elaethyr because: por algo ha de ser!~

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You know what i was thinking was that the cameraman was set up by two of his friends... i say two because one girl looked genuinely scared while the other 2 were laughing and ok with it....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Elaethyr

Oh, i stand corrected! Thank you for that - I guess I assume everything of the nature of these videos are all spanish..
I will keep this in mind, and try not to make such a definitive statement next time.

Thanx -

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You know if I was directing this little tale, I certainly woulden pretend to take a photo at the gate of a cemetery on the way to a pub, an then ask my mates to line up an act as if its the most normal thing to do! its a dead (pardon the pun) giveaway, and also normal sound of your surrondings is enough, never ever change the vibe when the zombie comes into the picture, just runing away an your stress laden breath otha be enough, the buzzing sound is the giveaway!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi,

Woody - totally agree...! I watched this and as expected, waited for the staged 'flash' and pseudo panic....

Regarding your 2nd post - I used to go shooting rabbits in a remote valley in Oz with 3 or 4 friends. There was a part of the valley that we never went near - personally I didn't like it.

It was only after we had stopped going there when I raised this with the others and everyone (individually) had the same uncomfortable 'feeling' about that place. And yes - we were all (semi) well adjusted males armed to the teeth....

'Reality' can be more scary than staged videos.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Feels like some sort of short movie made by students.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At least it made me want to jump.
Down the OPs throat for getting my curiousity involved.
There by forceing me to watch this crap.
He might as well have put a gun to my
head. It's just not fair.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would say it's a scripted event. The girl thing didn't even look scary once she was right upon him. In reality I believe if he was not scared stiff and was able to run, the next thing he would have done when she got to him was to strike her with the camera. I think most people who can still move while in a panic would lash out when attacked not just fall and scream. Remember, humans are also known to be a predator. We just have to be put in the situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die

I hate to "burst your bubble" as you put it, but by saying that "ghosts do not exist" you're simply ignoring all the data that fails to fit in with your paradigm. Science is about collecting all the data and then, without ignoring any of that data, finding a new paradigm that explains all the data. I would advise that you approach the subject with a more open mind. My own experience with the paranormal has proven to me beyond all shadow of doubt that it is certainly real. The author Aldous Huxley put it nicely when he said that "Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored". Have you ever heard the addage "We only see what we believe is possible". The consciousness is an incredible filter. It only lets you experience as "reality" that which you believe to be "reality" in accordance with what ever paradigm that you care to believe in. Perception of "reality" is a very subjective experience. The man in the video, who to our perception of "reality" died during a night time experience of a ghost in a graveyard, was obviously psychologically unprepared for what presented it self to him. The ghost of a woman is clearly visible in the video, but was entirely invisible to the friends who were with him that brightly illuminated moon lighted night.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

The following book "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by MICHAEL TALBOT published by HARPER COLLINS > ISBN 0-586-09171-8 < will explain the science of the paranormal to you. Amazon Books

Google Video Link

Collection of interesting ghost video

Shimono the album at iTunes Store

edit on 12/9/2010 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
Science is about collecting all the data and then, without ignoring any of that data, finding a new paradigm that explains all the data.

Well not quite.
Data collection is the first step for sure, then yes you form a theory to explain that data and then...... and here is the important part...... you put together a formal PROOF that your interpretation of the data is correct,

The proof can either be mathematical, logical, through repeatable experiment or a number of ways that I probably can't think of at the moment. That bit is sadly missing in theories about ghosts. Any one can have a theory to explain a set of data points, it's the proof bit that separates what is true from what isn't

edit on 12-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join