It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will definately make you jump...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
sorry but ghosts aren't real. hate to burst your bubble.

Care to elaborate on your certainty ... for example ... is this just your personal belief ... or do you 'know' this for a fact ... and if so how do you know.

For such a confident and succinct statement I'm expecting to hear a remarkable reply ... you can't just leave us hanging without explanation ... well, not unless you don't have an explanation that is ... and the real reason for your statement is because you are just a little bit afraid that they are real maybe.

Woody

edit on 11-9-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

While it may be a little premature to make statements like "ghost's aren't real", at least in a way that seems 100% certain I have to agree with him. Given that we have no hard evidence of life after death, ghosts, demons, etc, it only follows that the default position be that they don't exist. Those who posit that they do exist need to provide the evidence. I'm sure that if someone asks you whether or not leprechauns exist or not you'd say "no they don't" pretty quickly, which isn't to say you've scoured the entire universe in search of leprechauns, but given the lack of real evidence it would be very logical for you to assume, even assert that they don't exist. That being said I think paranormal studies warrant a great deal of good, controlled, scientific study.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't believe in ghosts because it has never been proven.

If there was definitive proof of the existance of ghosts it would throw our paradigm out the window

For instance, it would imply that there is life after death...

It would imply that a person can also reconfigure themselves back to a human form in order to cause problems on our realm?? Does this person take the form of what they believe they look like?

Or if it is not a physical form, then some sort of holographic form? Would it not imply that the ghosts are omnipresent and can hear everything from everyone, hence, being in the right place at the right time in order to create fear?

I believe we create the realities we view, from possession to it all...the human mind is capable of many many feats

Maybe I am ignorant to the truth, but at the end of the day here is a good piece of advice

You are not important. You have nothing to offer any ghost. If you were a ghost would you haunt some nobody

No, if ghosts are real and have calcualted actions then they would simply be roaming to the cool places on earth and bothering the celebrities and elites

Does the ghost gain the knowledge of the universe upon death? I thought there was no heaven untill after the second coming of christ...that everyone "ceases to exist" untill the second coming

The answer is simple, people who "believe" in ghosts are very easy manipulated and can simply let there minds get the best of them

Does a Schyzophrenic have ghost voices in his head? Do the pills they take stop ghosts from talking to them...again the mind is very powerful

You control your reality

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It was scary, but it just seems fake to me. The whole scenario seems like a fabrication. I agree with others saying it has a very Blair Witch Project feel to it.

It also reminds me of the game F.E.A.R. for some reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
For people who don't want to watch through the whole thing ...
... check out 5:23 and 6:09, 6:25, 6:47, etc. ...

Blair Witchiness.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can tell this is fake.
If you see something scary and need to start running fast for you life, your not going to do it while still holding
your camera up in front of you to make sure you record it all, and your not going to keep stopping to look back to see if the ghost is still following you and then make sure you catch that on video as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
how come I can never get any strung out meth addict women to wrestle me to the ground. seriously that was just some local crack head chick or something. she probably wanted to know if he had any meth or something, but he couldn't understand her and he freaked.

also why would he freak out so badly to begin with. I think the "smeagle" demon in the woods night cam hoax was scarier.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It'sa hoax. Here's why. In the heartfelt letter asking for help no mention is made of the village or the country for that matter. No contact number was provided for police. Run for 10 seconds from a group and scream for them, can they still here you? Run for 30 seconds. Yup they still can.

I've seen numerous apparitions. Never have they looked like that. That was a human being in makeup.

Elaborate hoax, short film or student film. Nothing to discuss.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
come on guys that not real its clearly a short film and if its spanish, well they make some great horror films, you should check out REC 1 and 2 two great movies

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Film student film. Too "Production" like to be real.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To be honest, I thought the language was Russian but not so sure now. Can anyone confirm what language these people are speaking? (Might help us to determine the origin and source of the film.)

edit on 13/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: ETA

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

Care to elaborate on your certainty ... for example ... is this just your personal belief ... or do you 'know' this for a fact ... and if so how do you know.

For such a confident and succinct statement I'm expecting to hear a remarkable reply ... you can't just leave us hanging without explanation ... well, not unless you don't have an explanation that is ... and the real reason for your statement is because you are just a little bit afraid that they are real maybe.

Wood

While it may be a little premature to make statements like "ghost's aren't real", at least in a way that seems 100% certain I have to agree with him. Given that we have no hard evidence of life after death, ghosts, demons, etc, it only follows that the default position be that they don't exist. Those who posit that they do exist need to provide the evidence. I'm sure that if someone asks you whether or not leprechauns exist or not you'd say "no they don't" pretty quickly, which isn't to say you've scoured the entire universe in search of leprechauns, but given the lack of real evidence it would be very logical for you to assume, even assert that they don't exist. That being said I think paranormal studies warrant a great deal of good, controlled, scientific study.

Now your's is a good, well rounded reply ... it was the 'sweep' of the statement that I was pointing out ... not the specific content 2weird2live2rare2die is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else ... and if 'ghost's don't exist' is his opinion thats absolutely fine ... the point I was making was that he can't expect everyone else to read the statement and suddenly think 'y'know what, he's right ... they don't exist ... what a fool I've been for thinking they do' !

You get the gist I'm sure.

And besides that I asked for him to explain because it genuinely interests me how people can make such statements ... insomuchas, what made them come to such a particularly rigid conclusion that they are so adamant about ... one that leaves no room for manoeuvre or flexibility.

As for the other points in your post ... totally agree ... in fact if you have ever read any of my posts on ATS, then you will already know that my mantra is that 'people should always maintain an element of healthy scepticism unless they experience the paranormal for themselves firsthand ... and only accept it as reality then when all logical options have been deleted'.

And as for the suggestion of 'controlled scientific study' ... I agree (in a way) ... unfortunately scientists haven't yet found a suitable method for this to be accurate ... paranormal activity by it's very nature is random ... certainly cannot be measured under a microscope or in a test-tube ... a proper and valid testing method for the existence/reality (other than firsthand experience) ... would have to be something akin to (but not the same as) quantum physics. Because it certainly cannot be measured and quantified via conventional methods ... not yet anyway.

But I do agree with you ... being someone who believes that paranormal activity is real (because of my own experiences and subsequent research of such), I would love for there to be a way of proving the reality of it's existence beyond doubt to the sceptics.

That's why it annoys me when people refuse to open their mind to the 'possibility' of something ... they don't have to embrace it with open arms ... just accept that there may be things that exist that they have not yet encountered ... and until they do then they maintain that 'healthy' doubt. Likewise that should apply to the 'believers' ... we should not dismiss the possibility that one day the paranormal will be proven beyond doubt to be the result of nothing more than a 'flawed mind' !

Unlikely maybe ... but still an outside possibility.

Bottom line ... acceptance of all opinion until it is proven one way or the other ... until then ... the believers should continue to believe ... the non-believers should remain sceptical ... both sides should remain constantly flexible.

That's all I ask.
appologies I have great difficulty stepping off the damn 'soapbox' once I'm up there

Woody

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It is Spanish or Spanish Portuguese.... one other poster mentioned it who is from Portugal!!

She also said that the guy did actually die.....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
To be honest, I thought the language was Russian but not so sure now. Can anyone confirm what language these people are speaking? (Might help us to determine the origin and source of the film.)

edit on 13/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: ETA

I can tell right off the bat that it's Portuguese. I would says this was filmed in Brazil. But I'm not sure. AND for SURE this film is fake because there is another film out there very similar to this one which is also in Portuguese. (I can't post the video right now cause I'm currently using the internet off my cell-phone.) But if one of you look up on youtube & punch into the searchbox; "ghost causes car accident" or "ghost girl causes car-crash"? That should be it. I think...

(edit: also look up a film-maker by the name of 'David Rebordao'. I THINK that's his name.)

edit on 9/13/10 by Marked One because: info on the film-maker's name.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nope sorry, no jumping here!
Total fabrication.
How often do you go for an amble to the bar with your mates - in the dark and via the local cemetery - and bother videoing it. And indeed, if this actually happened to you, you would be legging it - filming over for the night! Not pausing frequently in the midst of your panic to get another shot.
Though the girl protesting was a good actress. Either that or he added the apparition bit on later.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

Woody

Perhaps you don't exist? I've never met you. So how can you be real? There is more evidence available to me that ghost are real than you.

Now, you have no proof ghosts exist. Most people don't. There is evidence available but not everyone has access to the same evidence. For some of us the existence has been proven.

A controlled scientiffic study or as close as we can come are what some of us do. Or are trying to do. But the reality is just because we can consistently get certain readings within a given range when a particular type of entity manifests doesn't prove anything.

You need a zoo for ghosts. Capture, contain and study. But how?

Are they transdimensional beings? They can't be pure energy or they'd fall through the floor not walk. If they had mass they couldn't walk through walls.

I know they exist. For a fact. People thought the world was flat. People thought the unvierse revolved around the earth. People thought the starts were gods. Black holes weren't real. People thought that the Barak Obama that ran for office was real. Sometimes it takes thousands of years to prove something. Sometimes it takes halfway through their 1st term as president.

The point is your mind is like a parachute, if it isn't open it's not going to do you any good. Anyone who wants to come to New Orleans and work out a schedule with me I am fairly certain I can prove to you the existence of the paranormal. People believe in God and angels. Why are ghosts so different?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

There yea go ,,,

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
While I am convinced this video is a hoax, consider my story. I live in an old cottage circa 1840 and had a problem with the tap. Downstairs is open plan so the kitchen is just an area in the lounge. Anyway, the water would just start running while I was watching TV - more and more until I would have to get up and turn it off. I wondered if it was a loose washer but ended up changing the whole tap. However, the problem continued off and on.
Then I began dating someone who knew nothing of this. He came to visit one day and looked through the window before he came in. He said he had thought I had company. While I was working at the computer by the window, he said he saw an old guy standing by the kitchen sink. It wasn't a mistaken glimpse of a shadow, he said he was wearing 'old fashioned' clothes and described what he was wearing. This man was a no nonsense UK policeman so it was all a bit alarming. Anyhow not long afterwards, some builders were working upstairs and I had gone out and left them to it. When I returned, they looked terrified and asked me if I had a ghost. They said the doors had been opening and closing by themselves and they had ended up wedging open every door in the house. Again, no nonsense guys. The sort of guys who would laugh in your face if you tried to spook them.
So the jury's out on the existence of ghosts as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 14-9-2010 by starchild10 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is in fact continental European Portuguese not Spanish, or Spanish Portuguese(no such thing, actually that's pretty insulting to say to a Portuguese native) nor is it Brasilian Portuguese.
Clearly pretty fake though, the way they are speaking is very unnatural and way too scripted,
By the by, the translation is pretty off and there is loads missing in the subtitles, the gist is there however.
But yeah very fake much like that older video, co-incedently also Portuguese where a group of friends picks up a "ghost" hitch hiker.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Yup I remember this one too....the foreign version of "Bloody Mary" with a crash thrown in after

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRoboto
This is in fact continental European Portuguese not Spanish, or Spanish Portuguese(no such thing, actually that's pretty insulting to say to a Portuguese native) nor is it Brasilian Portuguese.

Yep! Portuguese from Portugal indeed. Theres no way it could be Spanish. Plus Brazilian Portuguese is nicer and smoother! But on topic, yeah, totally fake video and not scary at all. After you see real life paranormal apparitions right in front of you, videos like these become more of a laugh than a scare.

ringht_n_wrong

<< 1  2    4 >>

join