It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Insane Political Speech Ever?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

uh... that guy has a masters degree in communication? really?

i wouldn't want that guy in charge of a kid's piggy bank, let alone treasurer

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow, I...

Wow.

Wow.

If he'd actually prepared for his speech rather than writing it 20 minutes prior like he was probably doing when he got that "masters" he'd seem passionate, and not just like a loon. If you can't remember your speech word for word, or aren't simply speaking from the heart you shouldn't pace around your podium like you're circling a boxing ring.

edit on 9/10/2010 by eNumbra because: Grammars

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You all know he has gotten better. He used to really act out. I just obtained this rare security tape from his previous "engagement"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2010 by Kre8tor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You partake in playful activities with men.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Whine Flu because: you like men.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

lmao
I was waiting for someone to bring up that Dean speech.
I laughed my head off on the one they put up where his head
explodes at the end. It was funny as hell.

As far as the speech from this guy in the OP,
he's a total nut. He's about 2 cents away
from going postal. He reminds me of
Mr. Bean on crack !!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
wow... and a Bachelor's degree in amphetamine use!
that guy's got something going on - and it ain't about running for office!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

LOL

I want to get on a stage in front of a million people and just go completely nuts like that.

I think it would be fun.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

His voice instantly reminded me of Coach Hines from Mad TV

Great video. The anti-incumbent sentiment here in the USA has gotten a lot of new people into politics... some of them are not cut out for it

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy website...

Check this.
On November 10th, make that November 2010 (as he says), he is on his 13th year.
From the village of Minerva.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thank you Phil for making me feel better about myself.

Someone's gotta do it, and you took one for the team there guy, but not the touch football team. The winner takes all team.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Goes to show we want polished, flawless speeches. We don't want people with actual ideas, but rather people that can speak and clearly articulate their ideas in catchy terms that we all agree with.

I am not a fan of the guy and his approach is a bit unorthodox, but at least he is trying. You all want some clean speech that has been ran through the focus groups, but he is speaking through what seems his heart. Oh well, maybe a new catch phrase will win you all over....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

What he was doing was rather distracting to whatever he was trying to convey. I had the luxury of seeing it again whereas if you were there personally, you might only be left with the foul aftertaste of the presentation.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Overall I agree. As one who has taken courses, both private and in the military on what makes an effective speech, he is overall distracting.

But what do we want? Polished speeches that make us feel good or raw talent that gets the job done (note, I am not saying this man has the talent to do such, just pointing out a fact).

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There were no ideas conveyed, other than the ability to compare politics to touch football, and he did that poorly as well. Yes, when I want information, I want someone that knows how to communicate. Not complaining about Phil though, I got a great laugh, and that's important too.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

here is a political speech that is a contender for insane:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
O my gosh ! That man needs some new meds ! I hope a family member of his saw that speech and keeps a close eye on that dude. Get help poor bas#!*d !

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
To lazy to read the thread to see if this was answered.
WHERE did he go to school and is it TRUE that he has a masters in communication?

If so, that higher learning center should be defunded immediately!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Okay, here goes an attempt at explaining what was going on in that speech. I can't make sense of it, but I can explain it. The key here is that the guy grew up in Ohio.

I moved from Boston to Cincinnati 8 years ago, and there's a real interesting culture here in Ohio. The boys (not the poor ones, but the middle-class suburban and small town ones) are raised to be respectful, deferential, polite, and to not make a scene. I was a nightclub entertainer for 30 years and I've performed all over the East Coast (from Boston to Savanna GA) and you get to knowing what to expect from regional audiences after a while - since it helps you gauge your effectiveness as your set progresses (which is necessary if you want to be successful).

When I got to Ohio, I found audiences where the women were immediately open and engaging, but the guys were incredibly closed off and seemingly incapable of even acknowledging that anything was occurring in front of them. I learned from my wife (a local girl) that the guys "try to be cool" in situations where they feel that they might be judged as being less cool than someone else (like in a bar where "their women" are being impressed by a male outsider - and that would've been me at the time, trying to just do a decent show). What my wife didn't realize (being a local girl her whole life) was that the Ohioan's version of cool is stone-dead cold, and that's because their nature is to not be cool and, therefore, they have no idea what true cool looks like. It's like a psychopath's attempts to be friendly and naturally connecting with other people. It comes across as over-friendly (unless the psychopath has really trained himself on how to mimic authentic friendly human connection). They over-cool when they try to be cool. It's due to not really being cool, but inaccurately mimicking cool.

That guy in the video clip is one of those Ohioans who was obviously raised to not make a scene, and to be polite and deferential, but he was told by someone he respects to show passion if he wanted to be part of the big GOP Tea Party wave this fall. Traditional party Republicans have been getting pasted in the primaries this year, and the excitable Tea Party Republicans have been winning. This poor guy was just doing his best imitation of a wound up Tea Party GOP conservative, and like the cool guys in the Ohio bars, he had no idea where to draw the line between passionate and insane.

I can just hear him now "I was passionate. You told me to be passionate, so I was. What the heck do you people want from me. All I wanted was to be the County Treasurer. You're the ones who told me that I needed to show political passion. Good grief. Wasn't that passionate enough for you?"

I felt bad for him. He reminded me of the over-cool guys in the bars and nightclubs, who really wish that it would be alright for them to smile and have fun when their favorite band kicks their asses without having to worry about being exposed as being easily impressed greenhorns.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Man this guy is really nuts! I guess drastic times call for drastic measures, but not THIS drastic!

This guys voice sounds JUST like Bill Murray, lol. And I can see Bill playing him, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join