It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran burning on again? Pastor says maybe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Wow, it always come back to offending someone in another country doesn't it?
Sorry, I am not in another country. Oh, and maybe our government should not worry about protecting Americans in other countries. Always comes back to that globalization effort doesn't it? Sorry, when I travel to other countries I will follow their laws and traditions. I will not attempt to force THEM to change their ways if I decide to move there.

Maybe that is the whole problem. Maybe the Islamic countries are right, maybe we should just leave.

I think that would be an excellent maneuver. Anyone that cannot follow the laws of the nation they are in, need to leave.

What I would love to see, is every foreign base pulled. Keep our perimeter bases intact and call it a day.

And watch all the different countries burn or thrive not on the backs of United States Citizens, like Gaul, Viennenes, Hispanea, Brittaniae, Pontus, Asiana, Pannoniae etc. A little historical reference I thought you might like. Since you may think the Roman Catholic church runs the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

On this I agree with you. 'Political correctness' in the form of indiscriminate tolerance is a psyops which has been used on Western people - in US and in Europe, and pretty successfully.

I expect to respect the culture and mores of any country I visit. If I don't feel able to do that, I won't visit their country.

By the same token, I expect people from other cultures to do the same when they come to my country,

I am not racist, but if people who come to live in my country don't like our culture, they are free to leave.

I will never support the imposition of Shar'ia law in US or Europe, or any non-Muslim country. In the same way, I will never support Zionist control of US or Europe, as is currently the case. Nor will I ever support the invasion of other countries by Western powers for the purpose of greed and lust for power.

I expect to respect the dress culture of other countries when I am there. I expect foreigners and immigrants to respect our dress culture when they are here. It is basic common sense and basic decent behaviour.

None of this is rocket science, but the Zionist agenda can only work if they break down all cultural identity of our Western society - hence we have been subjected to the full force of their 'tolerate indiscriminately' psyops machine. In a similar way, in Muslim countries, they are being urged to impose their values on the rest of the world.

We do have a choice,us ordinary people whether we buy into all this or not, it all could change overnight if everyone woke up and applied basic common sense to much of this insane incitement to hatred which is going on all across the world in various guises.

What I observe is Christians attacking Muslims for their hatred and violence, instead of taking their own Church and government to task for its own evil and encitement to hatred.

What I observe is Muslims attacking Christians and Westerners for their hatred and violence, instead of taking their own Islam and their own politicians to task for their own evil and encitement to hatred.

What I observe are the Jews believing they are persecuted by everyone instead of taking their own rabbis and politicians to task for the evil they are perpetuating.

It really is in our hands, but we just don't see it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Why thank you!

But how do you define freedom? If everyone is absolutely free to do exactly what they want and not care at all for the consequences of what they do, that must mean that murderers are also free.

I am guessing by your response that you disagree that murderers, rapists should be free to murder and rape, so in your concept of freedom where do you draw the line? At what point do you consider that freedom should end and restraint should begin?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Not the Roman Catholic Church which simply serves as a front for Rome, but the Roman Patricians and the Royals and Oligarchs that in fact do want a one world government, and have long been using divisions in religion, to wage divide and conquer warfare to first colonize the world under uniform concepts of God, (just one) Banking, and Commerce and then consolidate it into a homogenous mass by getting those divisions to effectively eliminate one another.

That is what is going on right now, the religious are being prompted towards fighting World War III with the expressed purpose of getting them to eliminate one another.

Now while I agree with you that nationally we should pull back to our own borders, we ourselves are one more Roman province, an incorporated entity under Rome and have been since the Treaty of Paris that concluded the Revolutionary War.

The City State of Vatican City is the seat of Governance for Rome, the City State of London runs the world's banking, the City State of Washington runs the world's police force and military arm.

It is not by accident or coincidence that we are in 140 nations, it's our duty to the empire, and our highest elected officials do conspire with the International Elite and Rome to fulfill that function.

We have virtually eliminated almost every industry but defense and aerospace, we don't even make much of an attempt to hide it anymore.

Our military expenditures in this regard are so huge, even the taxpayer's can't afford to fund them, and other nation's on behalf of Rome loan us, the taxpayers, through the treasury the money to fund it all, which we the taxpayers eventually have to pay back.

This is part of the problem, our nation, and notions of nation are a fiction, our nation serves as the military arm and military factory of the empire.

Religion is just used as one of the primary manipulations to keep us fighting and not questioning that.

Because of this, what you want, what many of us want, is never going to happen, because our attention is diverted to external things like Islam, and our emotions are primed to war, and fulfilling and completing Rome's desire for conquest and a One World Government, One World Religion, and One World Currency, and that One World Religion really is not going to be one or any of the three sects of Abraham that have driven the One God Concept all around the world and back.

These events are a thousand times bigger than one man's liberty to burn a book as an act of expression.

There is another expression, you may win the battle but loose the war.

People would be well served as a result to pick their battles more wisely.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's interesting about the Bilderbergers (Zionists) being behind the Mohammed cartoon. I didn't know that. Wow. It's one more illustration (pardon the pun) what I've just been trying to express about them deliberately fuelling anti-Muslim frenzy, although I hadn't read about this being an attempt to create an excuse to attack Iran.

My impression of Iranians is that there aren't many fanatics amongst the people, and anyway they have other more pressing issues to deal with in the form of Ahmadinejad and his own insanities.

Thanks for that!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Why thank you!

But how do you define freedom? If everyone is absolutely free to do exactly what they want and not care at all for the consequences of what they do, that must mean that murderers are also free.

I am guessing by your response that you disagree that murderers, rapists should be free to murder and rape, so in your concept of freedom where do you draw the line? At what point do you consider that freedom should end and restraint should begin?

They are in fact free to murder and rape, there is just a slight difference in that if you do it when asked to for God, Country and King it is permissable, if you do it for your own pleasure or gain, it is not.

Murder and rape while deplorable, and reprehensible are part of human nature. Our primal nature still exists, it is only tempered yet also controlled for the benefit of God, Country and King.

We might one day overcome these darker aspects of the human psyche but we won't as long as we are tasked to Murder and Rape for God, Country and King from time to time when they deam it appropriate.

You are free to do what thou will, just as others are free to attempt to prevent you or punish you for that.

This is part of bellum omnium contra omnes, the war of all against all, that will in fact not stop, until one dominant personality alone, emerges with enough power, to dictate how every single human will behave in all aspects of life.

What most people don't understand is we have been divided into teams as lackeys and slaves to a dominant ruler and manager of that team, to cunduct the war of all against all.

It is what is behind the march to the New World Order, so the best way to loose your freedoms is to volunteer yourself onto a team, concepts of God, King and Country are what compel you to choose a team, and follow a leader.

This is the game that the elites are playing, the purpose of the game is like the Highlander Movies, there can be but one.

Choose your side wisely, you are likely to die for it, and may before all is said and done, be asked to murder and rape for it, or be murdered and raped for being a member of it.

Please understand your whole reality is being manipulated to play this game, and it is not for your benefit, if you have already chosen submission and an identity to a team engaged in this game.

When your team wins, if it wins, it's leader will dictate every aspect of your existence, and your continued existence will be contingent upon your submission to all those things in their totality.

We as a nation are not promoting concepts of freedom around the world, but trying to set the stage to where all freedoms around the world can be taken away.

This is called bellum omnium contra omnes the war of all against all, and it's been plaguing humanity since the concepts of God, Country and King were invented to play this game.

Do you like this game? That's the question you need to ask yourself? Because if you don't, you aren't going to change any thing by playing it and abiding by the rules.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sorry, I missed the bit where you said 'as long as it doesn't do harm to another' - but in this case, for example, if you know that tensions are running so high that both Muslims and non-Muslims can be killed by something like burning the Muslim holy book very publicly, amid expressions of extreme hatred for Islam and all Muslims, isn't adding fuel to the fire, at the risk of human life, also harming someone?

Yes, you are free to do it, but aren't you also free to choose not to do it in order to avoid a highly charged situation which could cost lives, and aren't you also free to just not buy in to the game of the psycopaths - Zionist, Muslim Christian, etc, who are inciting hatred and disrespect everywhere?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes,I know, lol! My question was rhetorical really in response to a specific post...

We often talk about freedom, but without responsibility freedom too can run amok in a very negative way!.

I guess, up to a point, it's a question of each of us defining that for ourselves, but it does also raise the question of how you define 'not harming another'.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What most people don't understand is we have been divided into teams as lackeys and slaves to a dominant ruler and manager of that team, to cunduct the war of all against all.

It is what is behind the march to the New World Order, so the best way to loose your freedoms is to volunteer yourself onto a team, concepts of God, King and Country are what compel you to choose a team, and follow a leader.

This is the game that the elites are playing, the purpose of the game is like the Highlander Movies, there can be but one.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, I think the anger you are seeing is not for the muslims. You can try and project that but the muslims have no power. Maybe with attrition like they are doing in some countries, but not here. I myself could give a # less how the Muslims are reacting. If and that is a big IF this pastor was a globalist maneuver, they made a mistake. Yes the people are mad about Muslim terrorists, but I believe the people are more miffed about the fact our government is almost complicit with them. Not saying that they are partnered with them but they are using their reactions to the globalist machinations, to attempt to get us us the people to allow them more power. Not going to work. Too many uses of the hate and race rhetoric. Just as someone use to get me riled up and angry, does not work anymore.

Nope, I see the backlash is not being placed where they want it. It is being placed onto where it belongs, the government and the globalization effort.

They are going to try their end run around the balance of power and I do believe the people will not allow another fake conservative government get away with it. I do believe this fall election is a pivotal point in history. By the sites I monitor, including the large membership ones like yahoo and others, the anti big government and anti globalization is huge.

Heck, when you go to a yahoo linked article from like a place like drudge report, that goes over conservative messages, I am seeing like 48k comments. Reading through those comments, the ones that could be comments here on this site, are thumbed up a ratio of 5 to 1. I am talking like 2000 thumbs up to 400.

No, the internet; though being bombarded with rhetoric from the entrenched journo LISTS and other nefarious components, are not making a dent in the ratios. They actually seem to be getting bigger.

Pivotal point in time their proto. Helluva time to be a sovereign that believes in the golden rule.

Do no harm to another and do not infringe on their rights of Life, Liberty or Property. The golden rule.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes,I know, lol! My question was rhetorical really in response to a specific post...

We often talk about freedom, but without responsibility freedom too can run amok in a very negative way!.

I guess, up to a point, it's a question of each of us defining that for ourselves, but it does also raise the question of how you define 'not harming another'.

You can't harm another, you can only harm yourself. Killing or raping someone decreases their Karmic Debt, while it increases yours.

In reality everything is the opposite of what it seems. If you harm someone else, you are in fact helping them, by reducing their Karmic Debt, you are in fact harming yourself, by increasing your own Karmic Debt, what goes around comes around, if not in this lifetime then the next.

Because the Powers that Be have tricked most people into believing harming themselves by harming others is beneficial, the cycle goes on and on, and on and on, it's why it's been going on so darn long!

Some of us are truly bored with the game though of bellum omnium contra omnes and would like to see everyone forgive everyone else what they percieve has harmed them, so that the Karmic Wheel can be stopped and a new more pleasant reality and game come into play.

Who does not want to see that happens is the Powers that Be, because they are intent on their own enjoyment of this game and their own belief that one of them realistically can be the one to win the game.

It's kind of like when you were a kid playing hide and go seek or king of the hill or sledding and you didn't want to stop, but sooner or later it was dinner time and it got dark and you were hungry and had no choice.

It is growing very dark now, and most people's souls are in dire need of a more sustaining meal.

This whole issue is part of the game, a game people playing it at the top and directing it are becoming increasingly desperate to win.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Who exactly are we afraid of? The Elites that pull the strings?

And MSM Thank you once again, whats really going on right now that they are using this crap story to distract us?

This is the way they operate, who gives a crap about some swamp folk preacher that has a colonel sanders obsession?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's brilliant to hear about what you've observed on yahoo.

I've also observed that there's no appetite amongs the people for a war on Iran, neither in US or in Europe - which is also what they are trying to stir up. But it's not working. People aren't interested and like you say, they remain focused on the Govs and their insanities.

It's truly heartening to get a hint that awareness is really growing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yes, lol, and who gives a toss about a handful of Muslim idiots who take offence.

Truly, neither is of any great importance and both are being pumped up and stoked by the MSM. And there will be more.

Not buying into their insanie games deprives them of their power.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I've really enjoyed your posts on this thread.
Thanks PT.
2nd line.

edit on 11-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The reasoning that kooks getting publicity is a downside of being 'free' is false. Free speech isn't free anymore.
The media report what they want in order to give a certain impression, and they avoid reporting other stories,of course it's biased.
They love this man, he helps to perpetuate the 'fear of islam' and the 'islamic terrorist' idea that they
are selling as hard as they can (today of all days)-in their effort to continue the false flag operation.
It's the same reason they widely reported that Dutch politician, Wilders, giving a speech in New York, it helps to perpetuate the myth, sow some anti-islamic fear mongering. Even the Moslims don't buy it

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Jesus said to turn the cheek but not for evil. Islam is a religion that brings the worst on people that are crazy (not all are carzy let's be clear, but the ones that are, use that religion as a justification to kill and torture). Islam religios leaders talk about peace but are unable to respect feelings of people who lost loved ones on 9-11 in the name of "we have the right to build a mosuqe". If they cannot even be sensitive about that, how can we expect that they respect western societies that stand for all they don't. Look at how they treat their women. How they stone people to death just because they kiss in public, how they cut woman's body parts when they are children in the name of their believes. Shame on those believes. All religions have things to improve but Islam has 10 fold what othrs have. It is a dangerous philosopy that I hope leaders change and clarify for the crazies that are to short of view to understand. Many, many burn bibles, flags, kill people but if someone talks about burning their book, God forgive us. That is worst that stonning people to death. I yet have to see a muslim condemnin such stones in public. They feel untouchable and frankly we have made them untouchable arguing human rights. They are the ones that are stepping on the rights of all "infidels" or non muslims. God, how people can be so blind just because they are affraid to be tagged as biggots. One thing is to be a biggot, another is to call evil where evil ls and stand for what is good and against what is bad. I absolutely have no problem with arabs. Race is not the issue, I like people of all races. I have a problem with muslim philosophy regardless of the race of the person that follows it. I hope they learn to respect women's rights, childre'n's rights, and non-muslims' rights. One thing is to love God and other is to harm others in the name of God. A disproportionate percentage of followers mis-understand the teachings. Why leaders don't clarify for them? why they don't condemn their actions more strongly. When I see a muslim in TV is always talking about how good and peaceful is islam. Their public relations is more important than condemning evil. Stop being more worried for your image and more for who in reality has brought your image to where it is today. Tell the leader in NY to do the right thing in the name of peace and good neighbor. For those who need proof of the real thoughts of the Imam in NY, please watch CNN (3 days ago) during Larry King Live, hosted by C. Coury. He said and I paraphrase "...what would Jeses do? Jesus said love your enemy!!!" and then he corrected "we are not your enemy" he considers himself our enemy and he messed up when he mentioned that and he knew. Not sure why nobody pointed out. The real feelings vs the talk of the Imam are two different things. I know there are many many many many real and good people who happen to be muslims but where are their voices? I waht to hear their voices. They need to be heard.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well pastor flip flop has spoken yet again...

(CNN) -- The pastor of a Florida church says his congregation has decided to call off the burning of the Quran that was to be held Saturday -- the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States by the al Qaeda terror network.

"We will definitely not burn the Quran," the Rev. Terry Jones told NBC's "Today" on Saturday "Not today, not ever." The burning had been planned for 6 p.m.

Jones arrived in New York late Friday night and was working to set up a meeting with the imam in charge of the Islamic center planned near ground zero. The planned meeting, Jones had said, helped persuade him to halt the burning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Florida pastor calls off Quran burning September 11, 2010 6:07 p.m. EDT

Looks like it's much ado about nothing. I guess he can go back to being a civil war mustache aficionado.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What a shame !
Apparently many of you just aren't getting it.
It's not about some nutcase pastor who thinks this is Fahrenheit 451...it's about FREEDOM....the freedom to worship as we choose without threat...the freedom of speech and expression...

Why is it ok for a mosque to be built 2.5 blocks from ground zero in spite of the fact that 70% of the country is against it because it is "insensitive" but it's not ok to be insensitive and burn religious books? Our president told us to suck it up about the mosque..."there is such a thing as freedom of religion in this country"....remember that? And our same president told the nutty pastor that he doesn't have that same freedom...why not?

I can't believe that many of you are willing to allow terrorists to dictate law and policy in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, just because they threatened to do something bad. If we bow to them on this issue, they will know they can control all american's by simply threatening us.

To ONLY the extremists:
Here's your burning book
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89f8ad1021de.gif[/atsimg]

SPECIAL NOTE: Thanks to foamfollower for posting the gif !

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Why is it ok for a mosque to be built 2.5 blocks from ground zero in spite of the fact that 70% of the country is against it because it is "insensitive" but it's not ok to be insensitive and burn religious books? Our president told us to suck it up about the mosque..."there is such a thing as freedom of religion in this country"....remember that? And our same president told the nutty pastor that he doesn't have that same freedom...why not?

I feel he does, and always had the same first amendment right. What I had an issue with was the amount of attention this idiot got. Stupid people should not be given the spotlight, they should be ignored for their stupidity. No one was going to stop him from actually going through with his Nazi plan of book burning.

To ONLY the extremists:
Here's your burning book

Bull [snip]! The thing I do have an issue with is the lack of honesty by some people on this forum. If you are going to be intolerant, be intolerant, be proud of your intolerance, embrace your intolerance. "To ONLY the extremists" sound's like a complete crap cop out to me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join