It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Im Surprised no one has mentioned a meteor impact yet.

Quick someone throw some steel in there and once and for all see if the fire can melt it!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Have relatives living just above Skyline Blvd.

Calling to check on them now ...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No winds that high are not good - the flames will jump. Please stay safe!

Off topic - love your avatar - cutest ever!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Jeez, this is bad. As dry as it is too, this could get real bad. Watching live coverage on tv

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's unfortunate how strong that wind appears to be. You can see swaths of the neighborhood blazing in the direction of the smoke but three or four doors windward from the flame (I guess the pipe), houses are looking lucky.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Link to CBS5 Live coverage video and more
cbs5.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm very worried because from what it looks, that fire is going to head for Crestmoor Canyon to the east (forest area) and then Crestmoor Elementary School... It's barely a mile from the fire.

Sounds right now like every fire engine and ambulance in SF is going to the fire. Tons of sirens!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Just talked with relatives. Fire is at Skyline Blvd. and Sequoia in San Bruno. They heard they may be evacuated, so we told them to make sure to take important papers like insurance, etc. and get out if told to. They also said the fog was coming in, which may help.

edit on 9/9/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

link   
PG&E says its 24c inch gas main.

That's a lot of gas just the radiant heat from the fireball will light homes on fire for blocks.

link   
PG&E says its 24 inch gas main.

That's a lot of gas just the radiant heat from the fireball will light homes on fire for blocks.

edit on 9-9-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They might bring in helicopters to drop water - I hope it doesn't reach the school but I am sure the children are not there. You must be on needles and pins, I know I would be. Are you so close that you should evacuate?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes your family should leave - I hope they remain alright.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The FAA and San Franscisco Airport are telling all the major news that there are no airplanes down, so it couldn't have been caused by a known flight, at least what I have seen reported so far.

Has anyone reported seeing a meteor? I can't imagine a gas main just blowing up in a residential area for no reason, though I am no expert in these matters.

God Bless and help all that are out that way...

edit on 9-9-2010 by thegoodearth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm a ways away from the actual fire so I'll be quite OK (as long as it doesn't spread), but I'm worried because I know several people that live and work in the area because the San Francisco County Jail is on the other side of Skyline. Most to all of those homes are families.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Seton Medical Center in Daly City is calling a Code Triage. The news is saying that they need medical personnel assistance from nearby hospitals because of the wounded.....

edit on 9/9/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Keep us updated! Also can people post news links please!
Thanks

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The fire is burning in a mostly residential area a few miles from San Francisco International Air, but the Federal Aviation Administration and a spokesman for the airport say they have no record of a plane crash.

Witnesses say a loud explosion was felt just before the flames erupted around 6 p.m. Thursday.

Television live shots show at least a dozen homes destroyed, with flames reaching now as high as 50 to 60 feet into the air

AP story at Firefighter Nation

www.firefighternation.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I saw a city on fire last night.

Linky

I saw a fireball coming down, lets hope it is not a plane.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is weird - the video from earlier clearly shows flames shooting at least 150 to 250 feet in the air, yet the news is saying only as high as 60 feet. That's absurd! This is a MAJOR disaster event, seems as if they are trying to downplay it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
wow this looks bad! question..cant the gas company tell if its a gas main by the pressure in the lines ? It still looks like all news sources are saying "possible" to the gas line?
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/09/09/BADP1FBJRS .DTL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join