It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

AbdOuahed | September 09, 2010 With a thunderous roar heard for miles, a natural gas line exploded in San Bruno shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday, sending up a geyser of fire, critically burning residents and igniting a blaze that gobbled up more than a dozen houses in a residential neighborhood.

Listen to live witnesses.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

OMGlordRAWRinuyasha2 | September 09, 2010 Sorry for no Audio, A couple of retards were screaming and hollering at me to leave but I kept on taping this, Enjoy, I hope I did better than the last time I uploaded my video, Keep watching and I'll keep you posted.

Will people be suing PG&E now?

More than likely
Bombing Iran.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I live in Santa Clara, about 30 miles South of San Bruno and I can smell house-fire-like smoke in the air both at my house, and half mile away at the store. No guarantees it's from San Bruno but I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Situation Update No. 3 On 10.09.2010 at 04:37 GMT+2 With a thunderous roar heard for miles, a natural gas line exploded in San Bruno shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday, sending up a geyser of fire, critically burning residents and igniting a blaze that gobbled up more than a dozen houses in a residential neighborhood.

The wind-whipped blaze jumped from structure to structure in the area near Skyline Boulevard and Sneath Lane, west of Interstate 280, raging unabated for nearly an hour as emergency crews rushed in, residents cleared out in all directions and ambulance sirens filled the air. The central ball of fire, fed by the gas line, raged past nightfall before abating. By then, about 20 houses and thick stands of trees were engulfed in flames.

Power was cut off to the area, and the only light came from emergency vehicles and the smoldering houses. Omar Naber and his mother, Lana Naber, were in their home at 1141 Vermont Ave., just east of Skyline and south of Sneath, when the house shook violently about 6:15 p.m.

There is a LOT more at

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Click on the Photos button too.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is a picture from MSNBC that I believe is of the intersection of Clarmont Dr. and Glenview Dr. in San Bruno, CA:

source

Google Map of area:

source

Use 1611 Fairmont Drive San Bruno, CA 94066 to zero in on the intersection.

edit on 9/10/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The firefighters may be getting the upper hand but its pretty bad and far from over. Our hospital has been on disater alert but so far one one confirmed death at this point. However I spoke to one of our EMT's and he said it looked like a giant fuel air explosive bomb went off.

I fear the morning will bring alot of fatalities.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Looks like a net blackout now, even glp and CL are showing just a blip, a single mention on CL in SF and 1 short page on glp that mentions a crater and then nothing. Fishy. Comments on youtube under meteorite strike in San Bruno ended over an hour or two ago. Scanner link for San Mateo is inoperable, no sound though it reports it is 'online'.

I'm guessing that they can make the net seem free, but still manage to trim away even the blogs.

Also, I find it curious that a guy 3/4 of a mile away said he would have been burned in his car had the windows been down. That does not sound like a gas leak fire. No way.

I know it's unphage like to speculate what it all means, but I gather that no matter what it is, ever, there must be NO mention of God. Wall's popping to the south now. I should really keep charts of times and satellite millimeter scanner operation. It is ambient here, around 70º, no reason for contracting or expanding walls.Gosh, I love technology, and I love big brother. Don't you?

edit on 10-9-2010 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2010 by davidmann because: blackout fugue

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

When you look closely at the first picture it looks like a dragon.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Here is a picture from MSNBC that I believe is of the intersection of Clarmont Dr. and Glenview Dr. in San Bruno, CA:

source

Google Map of area:

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS363US364&q=san+bruno,+ca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=San+Bruno,+CA&gl=us&ei=FbqJTLHPKJD2tgOYybmdBA&sa=X&o i=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA[/url]

edit on 9/10/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that area seems to be under control but I think the area shown the picture is pretty much gone.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Looks like a net blackout now, even glp and CL are showing just a blip, a single mention on CL in SF and 1 short page on glp that mentions a crater and then nothing. Fishy. Comments on youtube under meteorite strike in San Bruno ended over an hour or two ago.

No, KTVU the local FOX affiliate is doign thier 10 oclock news now with footage, itnerviews etc. No blackout here at least.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
KTVU is reporting that PG&E is reporting that the explosion was in a main gas transmission line

CalFire is reporting its contained but not out.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99f7adaf2c86.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by davidmann
Looks like a net blackout now, even glp and CL are showing just a blip, a single mention on CL in SF and 1 short page on glp that mentions a crater and then nothing. Fishy. Comments on youtube under meteorite strike in San Bruno ended over an hour or two ago.

No, KTVU the local FOX affiliate is doign thier 10 oclock news now with footage, itnerviews etc. No blackout here at least.

For the msm, there is never a blackout, only opportunities to lie while everyone else is muted.

Interviews? Like the wife of news anchor/shill Bryant Gumball saying she saw 'a plane' strike the towers? lol

Why are there no blogs discussing meteorite possibility, just a mention of it and then zip.

Zip. Zip. No comments on youtube, glp frozen?

edit on 10-9-2010 by davidmann because: I had to say more.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Channel 5 CBS has been showing non stop coverage since the beginning. I was going to eat around 7 and now it's 10:15!

I would have been at Target in San Bruno this afternoon but changed my plans. strange.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Tell me about it! lol I looked at my clock and couldn't believe how long I'd been watching and how long the fires have been going on.

PG&E is confirming that the gas line is theirs.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
When isn't California burning?

Anyway, frightening situation. Seems like a gas line explosion as speculated. Whatever it was though, I hope everyone there gets out safe. It's just devastating that many people are about to lose everything they have.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
53 homes destroyed, 120 more damaged... Fire is 50% contained. Confirmed report on CBS5

I just heard that the Water main broke too, they don't have enough pressure and are having to truck water up to the fire.

edit on 10-9-2010 by berkeleygal because: added 2nd line

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
In other news, isn't it amazing that gas burns. And putting lines underground in an area with unstable ground conditions makes perfect sense. Truly is a tragedy for those folks who have lost everything as a result.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Listening to the San Mateo fire scanner heard of 2 confirmed fatalities before they were reminded they were using an open mic......they found a body in front of a house on fairmont. They are working on getting the gas shut off but do not have the plan in place yet...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Listening to the San Mateo fire scanner heard of 2 confirmed fatalities before they were reminded they were using an open mic......they found a body in front of a house on fairmont. They are working on getting the gas shut off but do not have the plan in place yet...

edit on 10-9-2010 by lunieri because: Double post

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join