It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You are just playing games, right? I cannot believe you don't get it after this long. He is not worried about "a bunch of foreigners." He is worried about Americans abroad, including soldiers, who will be in the line of fire of angry extremists.

so to make these people safe, we just need to bow to terrorist demands......seems reasonable to me

Yes lets just give up all our rights and become muslim because that is the ONLY way to make these nutbags happy...unless we all DIE...that would also make them happy.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

If you read my post I mention Islam as not been a peaceful religion the same way that Christianity wasn't during their era of conquering crusades.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by SimpleSam55
What can be learned from this controversy? The current administration has gone to great lengths to condemn and ultimately stop this act of free speech.

They "condemned" it, as should any responsible leader respectful of the variety of religious groups that reside in the land of the free.

He is the one that chose to stop it.
No one forced him to do a damn thing.

- Lee

Really? Do you know that the FBI showed up at his door to "talk" to him? Why do you think that happened? Do you think they wanted to express their support for his FREEDOM OF RELIGION??????

So keep in mind that the president said that the mosque at ground zero is a non-issue as there is something called freedom of religion in this country BUT when it comes to this, there is no freedom of religion....so which is it?
You can't have it both ways
Either it is ok to have the mosque and it is ok to burn qurans OR
it is not ok to have the mosque and it is not ok to burn the qurans.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It seems like freedom of religion only counts if you are Muslim. If I had a Koran, I would burn it! The hell with the Muslims and their plan to take over the world. Pffft

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I tell you, I am so sick and tire of the whole America bend over to political correctness and to no made Islamic nations angry that I feel like vomiting, this so call peaceful religion is burning bibles as we speak, while burning flags and they will have not problem beheading any American on TV also.

I hold no respect for Islamic extremist at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Anyone can say anything they want. And they do. Oh boy do they.

I have NOT contradicted myself. For some reason you were inferring that I agreed with radical Christians.
I sir, do not. I was simply pointing out that you assume an awful lot about people. I am NOT a Christian. I have experienced hatred from them.

But I'll STILL defend them as fellow Americans

Americans should have the right to express themselves without death threats and bullying.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

Then you would support my right to burn a pile of bibles?
I'm glad to hear someone is open minded about freedom, and not just their version of it.

I could care less if the guy burned whatever. There are always consequences for actions though.

Personally I would support a muslim if they wanted to burn a bible in the name of FREE SPEACH....

Let's just remember that these extremists are trying to take our FREEDOMS and if we give in to them and not allow the nutty pastor to burn books, we are saying that terrorists can dictate WHICH FREEDOMS WE CAN AND CANNOT HAVE. Since when did the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and it's citizens, allow terrorists to tell us what we can and can't do???????????????????????????????

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
this pastor is so clueless, that it makes me SAD

its like he is a 5 year old child, that really dont have any idea of what he is doing

at least he gave up on that non sense, but still, he is clueless ...

I join this pastor and will burn a book....not because I think he's right but because I think he should have the FREEDOM to be wrong and not be killed for expressing his RIGHTS as an AMERICAN.

It's a shame that so many people in this thread and around the world, simply don't understand what is really at stake.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FlyersFan

That my friend doesn't matter how much you explain what is happening right now with the issue of the pastors rights to burn people still doesn't get it.

Wake up America we just lost another right, because we most bend to private and special foreign interest, America is losing its balls one at a time.

and that's not good cause typically you only get 2 !
Seriously though, I agree 100% !
Good post !

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jfj123

I tell you, I am so sick and tire of the whole America bend over to political correctness and to no made Islamic nations angry that I feel like vomiting, this so call peaceful religion is burning bibles as we speak, while burning flags and they will have not problem beheading any American on TV also.

I hold no respect for Islamic extremist at all.

You are absolutely correct.
And just so the extremists don't get the last word, I'm going to purchase and burn a book. Normally I would find doing so repugnant but some type of statement needs to be made.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by 375610

Jesus and Muhammad got along why can't we?

pure blasphemy
the unforgivable sin
how shameful

Isn't it glorious? We need more pictures of Jesus doing blasphemous things.

For now, my avatar will suffice.

Parallex.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Parallex because: for my small minded mistake in referring to homosexuality in a negative light. Sorry!!!

Don't blaspheme Islam in your avatar though,.... you might have a Fatwa taken out against you.

Seriously, not kidding here.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Is your country full of retards? How the hell do you equate 'not acting like a tool and deliberately setting out to offend an entire culture' with 'giving up my freedom'?!?

That is the STUPIDEST interpretation I can imagine and worthy of Homer Simpson himself. I see the writers of that show aren't being creative, they are just listening to retards that populate the nation and writing it all down.....priceless

"Hey, I got me some gasoline and I'm going to burn your house down!"

"Duh, I guess I wont burn your house down after all...............damn, you have oppressed my freedom to burn your house down if I want to, curse you!. I thought this was a free country?!"

edit on 10-9-2010 by waynos because: felt like it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If they put the Korans in a bear suit first so we can't actually see them, then can they burn them without offense? What if they just say the bear suit is full of books, is it OK then?

edit on 10-9-2010 by slane69 because: plural, should have been singular

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Why do you feel you need to burn a book like this nut job Jones to express your freedom of speech. Why not do something different and original?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by jfj123

Why do you feel you need to burn a book like this nut job Jones to express your freedom of speech. Why not do something different and original?

I am. I've been downloading and deleting the Koran all day.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by jfj123

Well said. And if downloading and deleting the Qu'ran all day is for real... Nah! Must be being witty, yeah?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I do agree that he has the right to burn them, but considering the hatred for the US and UK right now I can't blame the government for wanting to try to stop this.

Adding fuel for killing our troops (not that I agree they should be there at all mind!) is something that should be stopped. The fact that the guy can't see the bigger picture of what this would actually do is just ridiculous. We need to train up the muslim police and armed forces to run their own countries so our troops can come home, and how the hell are we going to be able to do that when they will just hate us even more. One of my best friends died out in Afghanistan, so if silencing one idiot can help save lives then I'm all for it.

But what really pisses me off about the whole situation is that several Muslim countries say they will strike back against America if this goes ahead. This isn't all of America burning the Q'uaran, it's one idiotic #tard. You can't blame an entire nation for one persons actions. if you did we should be trying to wipe out Muslim nations.... oh wait, we are

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

You know I refuse as an American to live in fear in my own country, when our government put our troops under false pretenses in two Islamic countries it declared war to Islam now we have to bend over for the safety of private interest in those countries, I tell you what we as Americans should not be bending over for foreign nations that are going to kill us anyway, burning their Koran or not, living in fear is not the American way, that is why this nation was build upon to get away from oppression and fear.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by TravisT

Anyone can say anything they want. And they do. Oh boy do they.

I have NOT contradicted myself. For some reason you were inferring that I agreed with radical Christians.
I sir, do not. I was simply pointing out that you assume an awful lot about people. I am NOT a Christian. I have experienced hatred from them.
I never said you were a christian, you said that pretty clearly in your second post to me. I was just using them as an example. You said you were angry towards some young Christians, because they thought your son was a 'devil worshiper' when he's not. But why would you be mad at them for anything, when they were just using their free speech that you're advocating so much.

But I'll STILL defend them as fellow Americans

Americans should have the right to express themselves without death threats and bullying.
That is, unless you're an American who is Islamic, apparently.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

And obama has done his job!!!
enough said

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join