It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

It's exactly because of the threats of militant Islam, btu not the omnes made to him personally. He started carrying a gun for that. The US government came down on his head because of the threats and perceived extreme retaliation against innocent people around the globe because of his actions. Many condemned him, but it was indeed a direct result of the Islamic pressure.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Man, and I'm just wondering what kind of responses I would get if I posted something similar about people I disagreed with, like homosexuals or pro-abortionists. Just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Sounds a lot like you are lumping all Americans into that category and rebuking us there as consumers. Might be careful about the ignorant talk there.

link   
I think its on again.
Government officials and Armed services spokesman and mass media say
don't do it as it will anger Al Queda, which the CIA invented in the first place
to conquer Russia in Afghanistan.

Are not we sworn, as a nation after 9/11/2001, to kill Al Queda and now the
Taliban. Just because they don't line up like old time British troops doesn't
mean we should sit around and not offend them.

I am offended at book destruction especially only one copy which the FBI has
done to Tesla but with more than one copy it can't we worse than the World
Trade Center destruction without Al Queda and the Taliban being destroyed
like the Nazis who hardly came close to the American East Coast except
at the end to finish off a few details.
ED: You wonder is the book being burned because of frustration in the
failure to eliminate Al Queda and the Taliban. We would all live a bit easier
with dead enemies.

edit on 9/10/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

link   
Im still torching the one I have.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Now that I'm done replying to a ton of people, here is my thought...

Maybe we should burn a quran for every flag that they burn. I would consider this even more so if I actually had the money to buy that many qurans. Maybe I'll just start with the one I've got.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
I really wish we can just gather up all the religious folks and drop them off on some island together away from the rational and peaceful non fairy tale believing folks on the planet everywhere.

Then when EVERYONE OF THEM KILL each other off, the entire world would have PEACE for once.

AH, just imagine, the world without the religious!!

Just some wishful thinking out loud...

edit on 10-9-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Great way to show tolerance there.

So if someone were to replace the word religious with say, black, asian, latino, white, homosexuals, or whatever else one could only imagine the threats they would get for such a thing.

That sort of hatred will not help you live a happy life. You might even say you are happy now, but get rid of the hatred you have and you could be happier.

Raist

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I wish I could star you more.

Great reply

Raist

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Personally I'm disappointed, we need people who can still stand up and say screw what the entire rest of the universe might think - this is what I think.

As far as I'm concerned the terrorists won

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is still a physical fight going on here plain and clear.
Same thing in WWII.
Some group wants a war and now we are all affected.
Apparently the group is small and called Al Queda and Taliban
and we can't find them.
Burning any book just shows frustration.
Same thing happened in Germany.
Hitler could not take over fast enough and had to burn books.
So is Islam taking over with the WTC destruction.
Its a pathetic book burning thats for sure and I think it is
more against the government than Islam.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

YOu don't like my answer, so you want ANOTHER answer from me?

What's different about one mosque about ground zero if it is a peaceful group? Do ***I*** think that hateful Christians are **OK**?

I don't know much about that mosque in NYC thing. I mainly know people there don't want it there.
I don't understand the whole god lives in a house and you keep him in some book thing anyway.

Oh, what a belly laugh. You have no idea who you are talking to. I'm the pagan lady who's little boy came home crying because the snob Christian neighborhood kids accused him of being a devil worshiper.

I'm the webmaster who had to sit through meetings while her Christian CTO joked about how he fired a tech who was some kind of wiccan or something. I'm someone who lived IN THE CLOSET about my own family's religion for nearly 20 years. At least in America Muslims are free to SAY they are muslim. They don't fear the label so bad they hide.

But that nutcase down in Florida and I DO have one thing in common - we are both Americans.
Whether or not I like or believe what he does is irrelevant- I WILL defend his right to express himself.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by TravisT

YOu don't like my answer, so you want ANOTHER answer from me?

What's different about one mosque about ground zero if it is a peaceful group? Do ***I*** think that hateful Christians are **OK**?

I don't know much about that mosque in NYC thing. I mainly know people there don't want it there.
I don't understand the whole god lives in a house and you keep him in some book thing anyway.

Oh, what a belly laugh. You have no idea who you are talking to. I'm the pagan lady who's little boy came home crying because the snob Christian neighborhood kids accused him of being a devil worshiper.

I'm the webmaster who had to sit through meetings while her Christian CTO joked about how he fired a tech who was some kind of wiccan or something. I'm someone who lived IN THE CLOSET about my own family's religion for nearly 20 years. At least in America Muslims are free to SAY they are muslim. They don't fear the label so bad they hide.

But that nutcase down in Florida and I DO have one thing in common - we are both Americans.
Whether or not I like or believe what he does is irrelevant- I WILL defend his right to express himself.
What does this have to do with your initial reply to me?

And it seems like you keep contradicting yourself. Did you tell your son to stop crying, because the bully Christians have a right to express themselves? So you're saying, I can just go up to your son, belittle him, and make him cry and get upset, because as an American, I have a right to free speech?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Am i missing something here ? Is it maybe because i'm not American ?

The majority of this discussion seems to revolve around the freedom to burn a book, secondary it seems to be whether this pasror is going to burn his books or not.

Now, what gets me is that a LOT of people ARE going to be burning the Koran tomoorow, no matter what this pastor does, no matter whether they live in the US or elsewhere and maybe not even as a stance for freedom (some are doing because they hate islam). So why is the story still focused on Terry Jones and the freedom of the USA ? Why is the big story in the media not about the fact that tomorrow is still 'international burn a koran day' and many, many korans are going to be burnt ?

Like i say, am i missing the point ? I understand the importance of standing up for your rights of freedom but why is this whole thing revolving around this one incident ? (as far as the mainstream media is concerned) it's almost as if they are proving the point that they really do decide what is going to be seen as important and almost laughing in the face of all those who are still carrying out their 'burn a koran' threats.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Pastor (note spelling- NOT paster or pasta) is just a scared little man full of insecurity. Smart though. Write a book and bring it out around the time of September 11. Focus attention on himself and lo! Increased sales. Gotta laugh...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They are peaceful in most nations. The ones you see on the teevee are the few. You have been tricked by the media.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The format of ATS is such that comments entered late in the discussion will have little chance of being read by other members, since those comments are at the end of the list.

But here is my take on this whole situation.

1) This is a free country.

2) People should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as they don't cause harm to others.

3) There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a mosque at ground zero, or in actuality 3 blocks away from ground zero.

4) Not all muslims are hell bent on the destruction of the "infidels", in fact the iman who wants to construct this cultural center is from a muslim sect that believes in the sanctity of life, and singing and dancing and even drinking wine. They are good citizens.

5) radical muslims and radical christians violate the most common sense tenets of their own faiths.
The golden rule should apply - do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

6) The pastor who wants to burn the holy books of another faith is a damned idiot. This is pure hatred and fear mongering. Jesus said, that if someone should strike, then turn to him the other cheek. There is no more ruth, compassion, tolerance, or kindness left in this country and even the church "leaders" have given into the hatred.

7) Christians could adopt the worst passages of the bible, and become just as evil as terrorists who have adopted the worst passages of the koran. Evil begets Evil.

8) To top it all off, THIS WHOLE THING IS NOTHING BUT A CHARADE OF THE POWERS THAT BE.
HYPING A STORY OF A SMALL TOWN LOSER PASTOR TO GENERATE FEAR AND HATRED.
WHY? I'LL TELL YOU WHY! THE FINANCIAL THEFT AND ENDLESS WARS FOR PROFIT MUST
CONTINUE AT ALL COSTS FOR THE GOVT. PUPPET MASTERS DESIRE IT.

9) I will defend to the end, the Florida pastor's right to burn the koran, but he is still a damn idiot.

Think about it !

A small town, no name pastor, garners national attention for weeks. Who does it benefit?

It is nothing but a mis-direction of the state run media.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Please.. if you are going to post a topic here.. learn how to spell!

Paster is not the correct spelling!

The word is spelled: P A S T O R

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

Sounds like he silenced himself. Are you saying that people that criticized him should have been silenced instead? Purposely inflaming religious hatred of a billion people on Earth is a bonehead move.

edit on 10-9-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
Saw a similar picture today in the Chicago Tribune from Afganistan. This is from Pakistan but is from today. This is what happens when you even think about burning a Koran, guess I just don't understand.

and no books have even been burned yet.
Obviously these people are nuts that cannot be reasoned with so the only alternative is to remove them.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Jones/Palin 2012?

I second that emotion!

(And you're probably right. Jones would never take a back-seat to a woman!)

Yeah that's what we need, another religious, reich wing nutjob in office..... didn't learn anything from the bush administration? Heil palin !

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join