It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
this debate just brings to my mind the image of jesus and mohammed arm wrestling up in the sky

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if jesus and mohammed played a one on one game of basketball, who would win?
if jesus and mohammed played rock paper scissors who would emerge the victor?
lets say mohammed and jesus played chicken in cars, who would swerve first?
do you think jesus could outdrink mohammed?
lets say you get all religious figures in a game of twister, who would win?
did mohammed get higher SAT scores than jesus?
who can run faster? who can jump the highest?
which has better reading comprehension? mathematics skills?
who can play the violin better? how about the piano?
gutair?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

No it wasn't the Islamic extremist the one that pressure the pastor to stop the burning is our own corporate and special interest government, big difference.

If our government wasn't so much into the pockets of private and foreign interest it will not have a say so in our nations right to freedom of, speech, it is in our constitution you know.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
this debate just brings to my mind the image of jesus and mohammed arm wrestling up in the sky

That just reminded me of South Park when all the religions got together to defeat the
evil magician causing cult suicides in some sort of Heaven's Gate.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

your magic is old and outdated jesus, twaaah

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by slane69

you seem to think that people being critical of Pastor Jones' pitiful attempt to get attention is the same thing as censorship. IT isn't. Also, your comparison between burning books and reading them is ridiculous. there is NO comparison between this idiot redneck in florida with about 30 people in his church (and declining) who claims to be about 'peace' while he is clearly insighting hatred and people who are building a mosque.

This comparison is sorcha fail.

It is his pitiful attempt and he has the right to be pitiful, once you limit someones freedom to be pitiful it is censorship. I never said the criticism was wrong, what is wrong is unfairly pressuring him to not go forward with his plans. When his own government essentially tells him the deaths of American soldiers will be on his hands, that is wrong. The deaths will be the responsibilities of those who decided to join the military, those who sent them, and those who killed them. The criticism is fine,... criticism is part of freedom of speech. Your emotions have caused you to infer too much from my post about my position, nice try though.

I made no comparison between reading and burning books,... don't know where that came from.

I don't care if he claims to be the Easter Bunny nor do I care about his intent, he has the right to do it. The KKK annually incites hatred in my city with yearly gatherings downtown. Do I hate what they do and what they represent YES, do I believe in their right to express their opinions YES.

edit on 11-9-2010 by slane69 because: added more explanation

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

It's not irrational to hate/fear those who would seek to harm you and those close to you. Notice that he also used the word "they" which I would take to refer to those who are performing such wicked deeds. The insult may be against Muslims as a whole with the burning of the quran, but you automatically assume he is insulting all Muslims. He may not be, but I may be wrong and perhaps he is...

Either way, being informed about the situation does nothing to relieve the anger and fear towards Muslim extremists that murder countless innocent people. if anything it reinforces the belief.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I fail to see how burning this book is inciting hatred.
What am I missing?

It seems that these days even speaking any words at all about those who are different is somehow inciting hatred. Definitions seem to have changed. Why?

Logic is now dead?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I fail to see how burning this book is inciting hatred.
What am I missing?

It seems that these days even speaking any words at all about those who are different is somehow inciting hatred. Definitions seem to have changed. Why?

Logic is now dead?

You fail to see how burning the 'holy book' of a religion might piss off some of those who who worship under said religion?

And you dont see how that plays into the meme that we are at a 'holy war' with islam?

Really? SI there an incredulous font i can use here?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slane69

reply to post by slane69

you seem to think that people being critical of Pastor Jones' pitiful attempt to get attention is the same thing as censorship. IT isn't. Also, your comparison between burning books and reading them is ridiculous. there is NO comparison between this idiot redneck in florida with about 30 people in his church (and declining) who claims to be about 'peace' while he is clearly insighting hatred and people who are building a mosque.

This comparison is sorcha fail.

It is his pitiful attempt and he has the right to be pitiful, once you limit someones freedom to be pitiful it is censorship. I never said the criticism was wrong, what is wrong is unfairly pressuring him to not go forward with his plans. When his own government essentially tells him the deaths of American soldiers will be on his hands, that is wrong. The deaths will be the responsibilities of those who decided to join the military, those who sent them, and those who killed them. The criticism is fine,... criticism is part of freedom of speech. Your emotions have caused you to infer too much from my post about my position, nice try though.

I made no comparison between reading and burning books,... don't know where that came from.

I don't care if he claims to be the Easter Bunny nor do I care about his intent, he has the right to do it. The KKK annually incites hatred in my city with yearly gatherings downtown. Do I hate what they do and what they represent YES, do I believe in their right to express their opinions YES.

edit on 11-9-2010 by slane69 because: added more explanation

But you are CLEARLY confusing the massive difference between being asked and being forced. NO ONE has limited his 'free speech'. NO ONE!!!! and yet, all the muslim haters and fox worshippers are DESPERATELY trying to make this about 'muslim extremists' even though it is about a very specific CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST named Pastor Jones.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Get your burning Qur'an here.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89f8ad1021de.gif[/atsimg]
Uh oh, watch out now, they will use this representation to justify killing thousands of people.

Hey thanks !
Now I'm burning one too !
Come and get me

PS All you terrorists can kiss my FREEDOM LOVING BUTT !

edit on 11-9-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your irrational hatred for millions of people you couldn't possibly know is unfortunate. Your blanket statements make you as bad as those you condemn.

Ok so he/she burns a digital book and he/she is as bad as those who are threatening murder to ALL Americans?

REALLY ?!??!?!?
Are you serious ?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To start burning books, flags, and conducting yourself in that matter is just ignorant no matter what side you're on. Any time I see a video of that kind of activity one thing comes to mind...what a bunch of idiots.

Now here's what I find odd or contradictory. A couple weeks ago we have Obama making repeated statements about the Mosque in NY. This Muslims want to take over the world or that the building would somehow be used to radicalize Muslims is a bunch of hooey! That's the minority, he said.

Now this week we have basically been intimidated by the same people. He was talking out his you know what and he knows it. Why? Because we know how these peace loving people will react to the burning of their book, with violence! BUT WAIT! I thought they are mostly peace loving and we have nothing worry about?

Doesn't this sort of thing go on in the Middle East? I mean if I seen it anywhere else it was probably there. It's ok for them to do it and but not us? This is like the Israel issue, Muslims took the land through warfare and now claim it's THEIR land. So if they take over a country through warfare that becomes their land, but if someone takes over their country through warfare that's not ok.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Infinityobserver because: To add last paragraph

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

But you are CLEARLY confusing the massive difference between being asked and being forced. NO ONE has limited his 'free speech'. NO ONE!!!! and yet, all the muslim haters and fox worshippers are DESPERATELY trying to make this about 'muslim extremists' even though it is about a very specific CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST named Pastor Jones.

It is not about Muslim extremists, it is not about Christian extremists, it is about both groups, their actions and responses. The fact that many cannot see this and the frequent shouting (or capitalizations as the case may be) shows that my hypothesis about emotions running wild is close to being on the mark.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Sadly regardless of burning the Koran or not, Islamic extremist will still kill soldiers and westerners and will still burn bibles and flags.

Because that is the way they intimidate the rest of the world and nobody tells them to stop . . .

The irony.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Paster cancells Quran burning

Let's be clear; if the media had not turned this into yet another circus, the burning would have occurred and only those who felt the need to fire this book, would have known. In fact, there are Korans burning as we speak but they are not in the spotlight and Allah is just fine.

We are being carefully groomed to disavow freedom in favor of cultural sensitivities, so that eventually, we will defend silence over the voice.

The Bible, the Koran and even the US flag are symbols of concepts and beliefs. Symbolically destroying them is a form of liberty... and instead of disavowing this exercise, we should be supporting it.

Unfortunately, the corporate media... a poodle of the globalist effort, is very strong in a nation that has been steadily dumbed down over the last three and a half decades.

There was an old saying I was taught many years ago... before being a proud American, or Englishman was a crime: "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

How times change.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just have this to comment with after this pathetic display of cowardice from this American priest, and to all of you that are Islam advocates (no... islam is much much worse than Christianity) :

HYPOCRISY!

IRAN (ANS) -- The Farsi Christian News Network (www.fcnn.com) is reporting that Iranian Government Security Forces have burned hundreds of Bibles.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

ok thanks for the clarification

link   

link