It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Oxycontin pill made to be drug-abuser-proof (Will turn kids towards Heroin!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
First off i just want to say these have been out for a while and are in no way abuser-proof, im not 100% on the rules here at ATS but i will leave it at that.
It is a lose lose argument for pharma, they make the pills normal and they are to easy to abuse, they make the pills not as fun then they are going to "drive kids to doing heroin". The fact is junkies use drugs end of story, many heroin addicts will go back and fourth between oxy and tar depending on what available. When your sweating bullets,freezing, with diarrhea and a genreal feeling that you are going to die you dont get too picky about what kind of Oxy it is or the purity of the heroin. Drug users use drugs end of story, if it is pot,meth,heroin or pills people are going to use what they want to use.
On a side note kids are not becoming junkies the way the media would have you believe, they experient with drugs and this is nothing new. But of course any kid that uses any drug only once is automatically labeled a "drug eser" and made to go to drug education classes if they get cought. Think about it everyone remember Jr.High and High school? I remember those few iddiots who were convinced they were alcoholics because they drank "OMG almost every weeked"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 375610

No, these new ones are totally abuse-proof. They are marked "OP80".

They flatten like a jelly bean when hit with a hammer. There's a video of just that on YouTube.

You're very right when you say that a user will do anything to stop withdrawal.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I just want to make sure you understand what the difference is between a junky, and what we are talking about with legitimate patents. A junky ends up with this addiction as a result of “recreational” use and the way it is consumed. People who have a legitimate need for it and take the medication properly as a doctor has directed, and still have to deal with the addiction did not do so to get “HI” off it. The addiction does not discriminate between a “junky” and a patent in need. I hope you realize that there is a big difference, some do not have the option to choose.

edit on 9/10/10 by xyankee because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Last time I took a pill as a drug that was supposed to be 'impossible' to abuse, it was possible.
It may be different with these oxys, and I can't recall what pill it was I took but it was probably ritalin. Regardless, it just had what felt like a hard plastic coat around it that would obviously dissolve after consuming. Take a sharp object to that like a razor and you can get right to the drugs and crush those up.

Of course, I know nothing about what they are using to make these pills for difficult to abuse, but it's probably something similar to that, I doubt it will work and they'll figure out a way to abuse them in no time.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I feel for the user's of this, it is a bad one. It's hard to understand the pull of it unless you have felt it. The drug companies and doctors have made alot of addicts over the years. They are the real bad guys in all of this.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
where i live pills are a really big problem. i keep telling people if you think the pill heads are bad now just wait until they start doing heroin. if you have a big pill problem in your community things will now be going downhill even faster. people think i'm crazy for thinking this for whatever reason. i guess it takes coming home from vacation to a ransacked and burglarized house or coming home from work to find a junkie going through your wife's jewelry box before most people will take action. by the way people will find a way to break these down there has to be some kind of chemical process. also they could just eat them...
not really abuse proof then is it?

edit on 11-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There is something really wrong with out society that people feel that they cannot have "fun" unless they take something to destroy their brain cells and distort their reality.
This makes a good case for constructive brainwashing.
Start the positive "programming" in day care centers and kindergarden.
Show people all the activities that there are to have "fun".
There has to be a way.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

You've got Paramorfan, Vilan, and Metopon to mention a few.

Without any further digression, here is the bottom line. People are always going to find a way to get high. Governments can invest billion after billion until they're blue in the face, people will still find a way.

Prohibition funds and produces crime, not thee drugs.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Dude, Heroin and Oxycodone have no real medical value? Are you insane?

I said nothing of the kind. I said some opiates are too strong to be administered by ones self, rather than a doctor. Don't get it twisted.

-B

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join