It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Strikes Colombia - Western Media Buries It!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

no, never heard of it.......

got a feeling it's related to the new age thinking where we are going to pass through a belt of some sort around 2012....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Where do you come by that? It was a local event with only local interest. This was not unusual. There was no ground impact. There was little to show. These sorts of events happen in the US, too.

Atlantic Coast Fireball Sightings: March 29, 2009

It seems that you are manufacturing a cover up claim based on your lack of understanding of the situation. Do you realize that these are reported and fairly frequently? Do you realize that these are not rare events? If you do, then how do you arrive at this claim of cover up?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

So you are in agreement that this is nothing more than an effort to market a website.

Do you agree that the title of this thread is completely misleading because it was not an asteroid and it was not an impactor?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

BTW, all objects affect each other through gravity. The Earth and the moon and the sun and all other objects are affecting the course of these objects.

This is a good article since it shows that:
1. TPTB are telling us about threats from space
2. It shows how well trajectories can be predicted

It is this ability to accurately predict the movements based on observations that allows us to show that no new planets can enter the orbits of the known planets.

If an object the size of these asteroids were to hit Earth it would not be a dooms day event. It would not be good, but not the end of life on Earth.

Meteor Crater, the Barringer crater, in Arizona was formed by the impact of an object 50m across. That is substantially larger than these rocks.
Meteor Crater

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

These asteroids are following the path set by gravity. The path these space rocks take can be completely predicted through gravity studies.

If you want to view objects as dim as these asteroids you are going to need a large diameter scope. Be sure to get a large enough reflector. My guess you need something larger than an 8" scope. You might need a 10 or larger to see objects as dim as these asteroids.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
CNN has has been paying attention and has granted some of your wishes with asteroids in the MSM.

Two small asteroids in unrelated orbits will pass within the moon's distance of the Earth on Wednesday, according to NASA.

This is a little contradicting, isn't it?

It's an unusual event that shows the need for closer monitoring of near space for Earth-threatening encounters, a scientist with the program said.

"Things like this happen every day that we simply don’t know about because we don’t have the telescopes large enough to find them or surveys that are looking full-time,"

How can they say it's unusual if they also say it happens every day but we don't know about them?

Two asteroids to pass close to Earth on Wednesday

[edit on 9/8/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I think the unusual is 2 pieces this size on the same day. The usual is that rocks come by often. It's another time that the article wasn't checked by someone else before it went out the door.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It certainly can be interpreted more than one way. They also mention spotting it "so far in advance" and then state they were discovered Sunday morning.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Whats best the reflective or refractive telescopes if I want to see nibiru?

I think I can afford a 8 or 10 inch aperture thingo

Can you recommend me a brand?

[edit on 8-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

Whats best the reflective or refractive telescopes if I want to see nibiru?

You don't need a telescope rajaten. Just get a red marker pen and put a small dot in the middle of each lens.

Hey Presto! Nibiru is everywhere you look!

IRM

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

haa ha ha very funny

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Only giant fireball stuff I see on the news is the Denver house fire stuff. It doesn't even look all that serious...

Not a gigantic form of rock from a long distance in space plummeting to the earth causing massive devastation is not more important? What if that piece was a small piece of a larger rock?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I recall reading somewhere that the objects are expected to be magnitude 18 or greater when they pass by. I wonder how dim they were when first spotted? I am always amazed when something that small is spotted far away.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think you have an agenda to discredit the man. But hey karma is a bitch.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I really can't recommend a brand. You need a reflector. Refractors are limited in size. The problem is not the brand, but all of the different possible configurations. The best bet is to find an amateur group in your area so that you can see how the telescopes operate. Get a feel for their size, weight, ease of use, and so forth. On top of that you need to get a set of oculars, the eye pieces. The mirror gathers light and the ocular does the magnification.

You'll also find that there is a limit to how much you can magnify and how little you can magnify with a particular telescope. You don't always want high power. Galaxies and nebula are better viewed at lower mags where you can see the entire object. Higher powers also mean that you have to track the object. When you first use a telescope you notice that objects go out of the field of view due to the rotation of the Earth. It's very cool to see it happen.

I really recommend getting to a star party in your area or meeting of amateurs. Getting an idea of how to use the equipment from people that do it on a regular basis is easier than getting a telescope home and realizing that it is not what you want or the instructions are a bit confusing as you try to learn what is needed to align a scope, align the mirror, etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

These rocks are small compared to the one that formed Meteor crater in Arizona. Despite being small they were spotted a few days out. The larger the rock the more likely it is spotted.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't believe in karma.

Lucus is a purveyor of hoaxes. He uses misrepresentations, and falsehoods to make his case. In no thread has there been anyone including Lucus himself that has been able to support his claims.

1. It was not an asteroid
2. There was no impact
3. No one tried to bury the story

The title alone is the sort of thing that makes his site reek of hoax. If he really wants a job with a tabloid then he needs to write better stories. My favorite tabloid headline was:

Alien raped my weedwacker

The article came complete with a landscaper holding a twisted piece of metal that was so badly deformed it was hard to tell it had once spruced up lawns.

If you are going to make up stuff you might want to just toss caution to the winds and write an over the top headline such as that.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

you don't need to believe in karma, but karma believe in you. What comes around goes around.

Dude, you make me laugh. BTW I am not laughing with you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I think the unusual is 2 pieces this size on the same day. The usual is that rocks come by often. It's another time that the article wasn't checked by someone else before it went out the door.

Asteroids have been as close to us as the moon? I never would have believed that. I must research this. This increases the odds of us being hit by one. An asteroid is big enough to take out all life on my big blue spaceship called Earth. I'm spending all my money before they hit.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Regardless of your beliefs karma does not exist for me. It's an unfounded belief.

According to your claims then, if you laugh at me, then karma is going to bite you in the @$$. I don't believe that, but apparently you do. Good luck avoiding the @$$b bite.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join