It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Strikes Colombia - Western Media Buries It!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
With the Govt spending millions looking out for asteroids.....

You dont want it advertised loudly that a meteorite has just punched a 100ft hole in the ground....
"... oops, sorry, I was getting myself a coffee and missed it. I will warn you about the next one."

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Maybe Chicken Little was right and the sky is falling and TPTB are trying to keep a lid on it to prevent a mass panic. I really could not blame them if they were because there is very little if anything we can do about it. Maybe that is way events like this are not covered anymore that they are.
Lets say that I knew for a fact that a metor was going to hit the Earth at a give date and time that would kill most if not all the people on the planet, would I tell any one about it? NO, I would not. What would be the point?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
After following this story all day - it is great this thread is already kicking. 1st off - on Tues. 08/31 - I was driving home and saw a ridiculously large fireball that went entirely unnoticed here in Los Angeles. The thing was quite low (relatively) due to it's brightness, but still high enough to completely disappear after before reaching the night-time horizon. It was 10:20pm. I found nobody who mentioned it, but I will say it sure wasn't blisteringly fast across the sky, taking over 1 second to pass by.. almost 2 seconds entirely. It was bright green in color. My theory is that it orbited for the next few days and this is the same thing that crashed in Colombia.

Not proof - just a theory.

But the best part was talking to a friend this evening about this report from Colombia. My friend hadn't heard about and we looked it up and the 1st thing this friend said to me was "oh yeah, Colombian news is respected, and why would the media rake this under the coals?"

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Any pictures/vids of the crater or no? I couldn't find any myself. I'd like to see it.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Spaceweather update: They are acknowledging the two near earth objects passing by tomorrow:

"It's a cosmic coincidence. Two asteroids, each about 10 to 15 meters wide, will fly past Earth within hours of one another on Sept. 8th. Although both are coming inside the orbit of the Moon, there is no danger of impact. At closest approach, 2010 RF12 will be 77,000 km (0.2 LD) away; 2010 RX30 will be even farther at 231,000 km (0.6 LD). Advanced amateur astronomers may be able to track the asteroids using these ephemerides. The fast-moving space rocks will shine like stars of 15th or 16th magnitude. "

www.spaceweather.com

I hope they crash into each other and spark the ww3 false flag im tired of waiting lol

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

The claim by the mayor was a 100m wide crater, not 100 feet. Big differences in size and therefore impactor. The only person mentioned as having seen the crater is the mayor of a nearby town. What is he looking for, a tourist opportunity?

The size of objects being checked out by NASA are much larger than this object. I believe that the people that study these phenomena would have called it a bolide and not a meteorite. It was big, but smaller than an asteroid.

Here is another event that involved a large object falling out of space.
Mystery Fireball Streaks Across Texas Sky
The article is from 2009. These things happen. They happen often. Nothing happened on the ground. It was an amazing sight to see. Probably not internationally newsworthy. It's for the local news.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

You may not, but as rajaten is pointing out TPTB are tracking objects and reporting them and are predicting that at least one object has a small chance of striking the Earth.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

If you checked out my posts and the links to the AMS then you already know that what you saw was not unusual. In fact a 2 second fireball is on the short end of observation time. There was a fireball in the last week that was seen for over 10 seconds.

These things come in at 20,000mph and burn up in the atmosphere. What you saw was a short duration event that completely burned up. But it was a great sight wasn't it? I love seeing these things, especially ones that break up into pieces.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A secret Air Force space plane launched on an Atlas V Thursday night at 7:52 p.m. EDT (2352 GMT) on a classified mission. The vehicle, the umanned X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle, looks like a mini space shuttle and has the capability to remain in orbit for 270 days. The purpose of this vehicle – for this mission and for the future – is unknown

I say theres a small nuke on this top secret space plane to combat a certain larger asteroid that we are not being told about...

www.universetoday.com...

Im beginning to think the Norway Spiral was a Test for a Technology, like a Microwave Cannon to destroy Asteroids??!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I hope they crash into each other

How could they possibly impact each other if they can't impact the Earth or Moon?

Rajaten you are promoting the position that TPTB are providing full disclosure of dangers from asteroids. Bravo. I have been watching you do this lately. Nice job showing everyone that TPTB care about the rest of us and are doing their best to see what is happening out in space that might affect us.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

When you copy text from another page you need to put that text in quotes. You are plagiarizing again. Use the quotes which is the yellow cartoon bubble feature.

For those that think it happened recently, this was a launch from April 22.

Not a recent event. Not related to this event.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

Good find OP S&F for your efforts.

2nd

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Found the local news channels for us

Enjoy

[edit on 7-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Any crater images in any of these reports? No?

So it is quite clear that this is just another fireball story - nothing more - nothing less.

BTW, rajaten I already provided links where some of these videos could be viewed.

So now we have even more of a strong suggestion that there was no impact. No one is showing the impact crater claimed by the mayor of Bucaramanga.

The question now becomes why did the mayor make such a false claim? Was he looking for people to rush to his town and spend money? What's with the mayor's hoax?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My question still is:

Will Lucus fix his website or will he continue to claim that there was an impact.

Using past actions as a predictor I am going with the claim that Lucus will continue to claim that there was an impact, because it serves his purpose to misrepresent the events. Whatever his purpose is, it has always been firmly based on misrepresenting the events.

Any other suggestions as to what Lucus will do?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Wow. The OP uses himself as a reference. How cheeky.

I've heard of the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy, but never the "appeal to myself, since I am awesome."

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I read that entire article you provided, and I saw no evidence to support your claim. None.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is another report this morning that a SECOND meteor fell in Colombia. What are the odds this is true.

Here's a link to my blog that has a linkto the newest meteorite news from Colombia. The story gets stranger and stranger.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here is the direct link so you can avoid searching from the blog to whatever.
Another meteorite?
Synopsis of the video: Oh, no! Someone heard a boom. It must have been a meteorite and it must have hit the ground. There were no interviews only shots of the town and scenery.

The best part of the video comes at the very end when the reporter mentions that this could have been a drug lab exploding.

OK. So is Lucus going to run with the following false information or is he going to escalate his misrepresentations?
1. Was not an asteroid
2. No impact

Oh the escalation of misrepresentation would be something like,

Government uses claims of exploding drug labs to cover up danger of falling space rocks

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If anything it sounds like you are scared of something - - this is just news from Colombia. When was the last time a story like this was passed through the Colombian news wires and proven to have been drug labs?

We'll be here waiting for the links both from the RCN updates and you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join