It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Strikes Colombia - Western Media Buries It!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

LOL

I guess everybody has a hobby. I know what yours is now.

go ahead and remove this post for "Off topic" reason mod.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Tue Sep 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

lol.. I'd suspect exploding drug labs over falling asteroids!

Can I get exploding Drug Labs for $100 Alex?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

saw a ridiculously large fireball

How do you know it was ridiculously large? You go on to say it lasted 2 seconds. That is the sign of a small fireball.

My theory is that it orbited for the next few days and this is the same thing that crashed in Colombia.

Where do you get this wild eyed fantasy? Things that enter the atmosphere slow down and in doing so give off their kinetic energy partially in the form of light. What you saw definitely was small and burned up. What was seen in Colombia definitely was larger and burned up.

Then you report what the media in Colombia reported - a possible second meteor. Why does anyone think it was an object from space? No one saw anything. Only a thud was heard. No one saw a flash, or a contrail. Nada. A few people reported a thud. The reporter is the one saying it was a possible drug lab explosion. I didn't come up with that idea. Did you actually listen to the entire video?

No craters were seen. One person, a mayor, says that a large impact crater was seen. Where is the mayor now? Is he showing off the impact crater? That would be a great place to begin the search for pieces of meteorite.

And finally can you explain this odd comment:

If anything it sounds like you are scared of something

[edit on 7-9-2010 by stereologist]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
in no way was i telling any person believe ME, i don't know squat about the physics of it. . . i'm basing this on purely non-scientific grounds, and i stated it as such. unlike michael cohen or most of the filth out there in ufo land. my blog is for fun and you missed the point due to your fear and close mindedness.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It would b e rather cool if a piece of space rock did impact the ground. It happens. In this case nothing of the sort happened.

What this is, is simply an exercise in pointing out how the media in a rush to deadline gets their stories full of baloney. That's true hear and in lots of places. Eventually the material is dropped or fixed. This is such a minor event I doubt anyone is going to follow up and make the mayor look bad.

What is more of interest is seeing how people use this information. Will Lucus who has placed the event on his site correct his claims:
1. Not an asteroid
2. No impact
3. Western media buries it

This is a test case for Lucus. Should he leave it as originally posted, then we will all know that his material is an untrustable collection of rubbish.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey, that's a good point - but this has gone on a few days now, and the story hasn't changed nor has it properly unfolded.

There is certainly a big chance this is just a garbage story, but it's more fun than watching politics.

The supposed 2nd meteorite is either bogus, a drug-explosion or a meteorite (or some other ats ufo), and if this was indeed real, and there is a meteorite found - it would be nice if a lot of people know about the story so the real evidence will be in more demand. I want to know what happened.

Drug explosion or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't think it is a garbage story. I think people did see a wonderful thing. This was large enough I believe to be termed a bolide, rather than a meteorite. That's very cool. The biggest natural thing I have seen coming in from space was a fireball that outshone our campfire. It cast shadows on the ground. It was awe inspiring. Everything else I have seen is small in comparison, but still beautiful.

If you want to see an awesome video try typing in "Grand Teton Meteor 1972". That one was very cool and did not burn up in the atmosphere. It was seen by many people and well recorded.

Most people are unaware of these events, which are not rare, because they do not look up, and they are not out at night. I'm glad you got to see a fireball. They are awesome.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't think they buried it. I just think they don't care.

I don't. A rock fell from the sky. Millions do every day.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Much more to come.
'HardHat', don't leave home without it!
The storms have just begun.....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is interesting that 2 large asteroids are passing by Earth today, just after a large fireball was spotted over Columbia, with reports that there may have been another meteorite in the area, AND a secret payload was launched by rocket yesterday by the U.S Gov't.

Of course, these incidents are possibly all unrelated. But, what if they are related?

Holy guacamole!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Man, you must really have something against Lucus. What's the deal? It's almost like you're begging everyone to go look at his page. Are you secretly stumping for him?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by TolanIsMaximus]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This thread's amazing

OMG! Something fell from the sky! One country and a few blogs are reporting it yet the rest of the world and the western media aren't running the story! There's a HUGE hole with no proof! They NEVER tell us anything! There's NEOs that aren't on the news! They're hiding the fact that stuff falls to Earth every day!

It's absolutely amazing the amount of information that's available on the internet every day. Lots of new information available on a variety of subjects every single day. What's even more amazing is that there's so much information that it's impossible for everything to make the MSM, the same people that so many don't trust, but also wonder why topics so dear to them don't make their websites or prime time broadcasts regardless of how important, or accurate, they actually are to the masses or the MAIN of the MAIN Stream Media. That's my observation.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

What secret payload are you talking about? Are you referring to the April 22 launch?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

In the last year my teenage child was sitting outside chatting on the cell phone and saw the exact same thing as you are describing. He said it was a big green fireball and that it crossed over the Mt. Wilson (los angeles range)area for what seemed like several seconds. The person on the other end of the cell phone watched it also. My child described it with much enthusiasm, but I found no info on it online.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

These events are common. it's good to see that quite a few people are able to see and be thrilled by these events. Recently I saw one on a night hike. It lasted long enough for me to run out from below a large white pine and see the fireball continue across the sky. It left a glowing trail which is not unusual.

Fireball FAQ

Fireballs can develop two types of trails behind them: trains and smoke trails. A train is a glowing trail of ionized and excited air molecules left behind after the passage of the meteor.

I saw what is known as a train.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhh my goooossshhhhhh, the western media buried that a rock fell from the sky.

Unless the rock is made from Kriptonite i dont see what is the problem, is not something amazing or really important.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

These events are common. it's good to see that quite a few people are able to see and be thrilled by these events. Recently I saw one on a night hike. It lasted long enough for me to run out from below a large white pine and see the fireball continue across the sky. It left a glowing trail which is not unusual.

Fireball FAQ

Fireballs can develop two types of trails behind them: trains and smoke trails. A train is a glowing trail of ionized and excited air molecules left behind after the passage of the meteor.

I saw what is known as a train.

I would not call them "common" and particularly not "common" over L.A. where you can only see the brightest of stars or planets with all the light pollution.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

They are common. Just because they are not spotted as often because people are inside or in some other way cut off from seeing the stars does not make the event any less common. It is estimated that there are several thousand fireballs a day on Earth. This is not several thousands meteors, but several thousand fireballs a day. That's a fairly common event.

Another phenomena that people don't see on a regular basis are sun dogs. In the northern hemisphere they happen on average about twice a week.

Knowing this just wants to make you look up doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If an asteroid hit the Earth we would all be dead. It was a meteorite, if it was at all. It is a size thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

My point was that it was a significant sized meteor to be seen over L.A., something not too common a scene. Something that might get mentioned somewhere.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join