It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How do you make someone a rival? I don't see the option?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't know actually, it's not listed..

Hmm..

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't think they're done implementing all the new friend/rival features yet...

Which will hopefully include a reintroduction of the "I'm a friend of" and "I'm a rival of" lists.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The members who have friended or rivaled you are now being shown on your friend's and rival's thread pages.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is this close to ATS 2010 final now?
Are there any more changes still yet to come?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I used to have over 150 members who had friended me and now I only have a little over a hundred. Is this because people "unfriended" me or were some names lost in the update? Thanks.

--airspoon
edit on 18-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Many of those members were likely being displayed in error, as the previous method for pulling the list was prone to some mis-fires.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Yes there are.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The members who have friended or rivaled you are now being shown on your friend's and rival's thread pages.

Thanks, SO! You Da Man!

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Excellent.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I didn't realize how much I would be referencing my "friends threads". (It appears my previous foes-- now rivals don't make threads.
)

It's all enormously convenient and with the side bars I feel like I'm in the lap of luxury.
Spoiled ats-er. Luxuriating.

(Now if I could just remember where I put my godlike wisdom......
)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Yes there are.

Well now that we can see who our freinds are in threads how about our Rivals. I suggest something like this at the top of their replies so there is no mistake that it's from a Rival.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a66407827e4f.gif[/atsimg]

ETA: OK, come on you know you like the geeky cool factor.

edit on 18-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Under the old system I had only one person listed as a foe. I also had the person on my friend list!

I did that because sometimes I hated his point of view, but a lot of times I loved it. Both aspects were true.

I look forward to seeing how the new system will handle the fact that this one person is both a friend and a rival too.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is just to say "me too" regarding Eightfold's issue on a closed thread regarding disappearing commas. I corrected it once thinking it was my error, but he/she is right, they just disappear on their own. That is a strange anomalie. They are needed in the signature area where sometimes sentences are used.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Is the ignore feature now finally gone forever

Yes it is.

It's our feeling that, back when ATS was a more wild and untamed place, the ignore function was an appropriate respite for members. However, we now have a sharp and professional staff who works hard at keeping the streets clean and the lights on. I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members, but please give it time as the ability to consider even the most abrasive contribution -- from its philosophical perspective -- is a critical component of denying ignorance and supporting free-and-open expression.

(getting off soapbox)

That is really sad.

I mostly used it to prevent the "ping pong" effect when in a tête-à-tête. I also used it when I felt something was offensive to me - - so I could continue in the thread in a peaceful manner.

I feel like I'm being treated as a child who can't use a tool responsibly.

Now - instead of having a tool to use - - - I will just exit the site completely until the "ping pong" paddles are put to rest.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree Annee. I would like to see the ignore feature return. Some individuals are just too annoying to deal with. It gets tiresome reading posts from trolls and antagonists. It was nice to have the ability to ignore them.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To the site owners. Which option do you consider better from a business point of view?
Members having the ability to ignore posters that annoy them or members leaving the site for the day or longer because they can't ignore those users.

It's really a simple function that doesn't take away from the site content at all. It just makes it a better experience for your members. I think you guys should reconsider bringing back the ignore button.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by Annee

I agree Annee. I would like to see the ignore feature return. Some individuals are just too annoying to deal with. It gets tiresome reading posts from trolls and antagonists. It was nice to have the ability to ignore them.

Well it isn't even just that. But those are valid reasons.

Many posters get stuck on a single point - - and hash/re-hash for days on a single point - - without bringing anything new to the discussion. This is the "Ping Pong" effect - - I try to avoid in my own discussions.

It is the number one reason I used "Ignore". Like taking two people and putting them in a room by themselves until they're done.

Also - when I felt my own contribution was becoming redundant - - I would back away - - but then its like I become a target for goading and ridicule. Its an interesting phenomena that many can't accept a "Draw" of difference of opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the "TOP" button to work right..this is the URL for this page...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is what it looks like if i hit the "TOP" button...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

without the space.....that's all it does for me...
edit on 19-10-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

The "TOP" button doesn't seem to work using Firefox.
edit on 19-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join