It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I haven't been a member long but the board changes a lot.
If you ask me I prefer it how it was yesterday.

edit on 13-10-2010 by mysteryskeptic because: had to correct a sentence

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Awesome!!!! Sidebars now on recent and myats!!!!!

Well done!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

P.S. Yo Skeptic... You need to add a few more pixels to the top of your mini profile cause you have the world staff skimming your baldy

edit on 13-10-2010 by Korg Trinity because: of adding a P.S.

His misshapen meat head?

But look at that jawline. Like he can eat walnuts shell and all!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This has happened twice now, the side bars mess up after I star a post.

I use IE8, and am on windows 7 if that makes a difference.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

That only happened to me when I tried to star a post a second time.

I also used IE8 in Windows 7.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
yay my friends are back

and it is so much easier for me to send them a message

*dancing with joy*

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Are we going to get the "I'm a friend of" list back, too? I like to friend people who friend me: they obviously have good taste.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Are we going to get the "I'm a friend of" list back, too? I like to friend people who friend me: they obviously have good taste.

-TheAssoc.

Wondering the same thing. It was the easiest way to keep track of who friended you. And it's gone. So now I gotta go through some nearly 200 friends? Not good. Maybe SO's not implemented the whole thing yet.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I dunno about those side-bars .... I'm a bit claustrophobic and feel like I'm getting squeezed in from both sides.

Shivers .....

Page layout is getting really busy. Have we gone over the top on features?? Past the point of diminishing returns??
edit on 10/14/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Is the ignore feature now finally gone forever

Yes it is.

It's our feeling that, back when ATS was a more wild and untamed place, the ignore function was an appropriate respite for members. However, we now have a sharp and professional staff who works hard at keeping the streets clean and the lights on. I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members, but please give it time as the ability to consider even the most abrasive contribution -- from its philosophical perspective -- is a critical component of denying ignorance and supporting free-and-open expression.

(getting off soapbox)

edit on 29-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

I missed this one but wanted to say my piece about it, even if it's late.

I'm disappointed in this. This means I will not be visiting the 9/11 forums anymore, as the name calling and attitudes there are childish.Most of my ignores were from that forum, as I don't need to be insulted because I visit a "damned fool conspiracy site".

I had just gotten it to the point where I could read it without too many insults and childish behavior but with that now a full time part of it, I won't go there anymore. It's just not worth it.

We only were allowed ten ignores to begin with, I don't think that's a lot to ask for. There's my $.02.

Also, will the top button ever work in Firefox? It still does nothing for me. As I'm not always in reaching distance from my keyboard, using ctrl + home is not always feasible.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I dunno about those side-bars .... I'm a bit claustrophobic and feel like I'm getting squeezed in from both sides.

Shivers .....

Page layout is getting really busy. Have we gone over the top on features?? Past the point of diminishing returns??
edit on 10/14/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)
I believe we have.
I find the dual sidebars distracting and busy, and it is annoying when trying to surf the site.
edit on 14-10-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by TheAssociate

-TheAssoc.

Wondering the same thing. It was the easiest way to keep track of who friended you. And it's gone. So now I gotta go through some nearly 200 friends? Not good. Maybe SO's not implemented the whole thing yet.

I really really love to see the list back to !

So I'll third this question from the Associate.

PS
I absolutely, Freaking love the side bars by the way.
They take some getting used to, but... Well... No but.

I just think their great.
edit on 10/14/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Getting rid of the Foe option was a totally PC decision IMO. I thought ATS was about denying ignorance, not embracing political correctness.

The plain fact of the matter is that throughout life people meet people who they want to keep as friends, some they are indifferent to and remain acquaintances and then we all run into total jerks who really get under our skins for one reason or another. These are the facts of life and we all need to deal with them.

By getting rid of the Foe option, ATS is denying a basic part of human nature and taking away a valuable outlet for our anger at other members who really tick us off.

Me, I was always proud of that little list of people who had chosen to Foe me. It showed that my opinions had the power to get under someone else's skin and maybe even make them think a little bit.

I didn't use it much but, the two guys I had on my foes list were there for very good reasons; one I considered a respected foil for my opinions, the other was just a jerk who committed an unforgivable ATS sin IMO (He started a thread, said he's be back with more info to continue it, and never came back
).

Bring back the Foe feature ATS and stop pretending this is magic candy-cane land where everybody loves each other and always gets along while we ride pink unicorns around like a bunch of mindless idiots!

BTW, for those of you experiencing deja vu, yes, I did post this elsewhere before I posted it here so,no, you're not going nuts.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
By getting rid of the Foe option, ATS is denying a basic part of human nature and taking away a valuable outlet for our anger at other members who really tick us off.

You've just explained why it should not be revived in the feature-set of ATS.2010.

It was never intended as a "list of people who tick you off." Instead, it was supposed to be a list of people with whom you disagree, but still respect.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The side bars are my new best friends. I'm all over them.
Such convenience at my fingertips. I feel so pampered.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm curious, what exactly was the inspiration for the selection of the words "formatting for insertion" that show up when submitting a post?

And why am I uncomfortable with those words?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Maybe its bringing out repressed memories of alien probings.

Either that, or your mind is just stuck in the gutter.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I go to edit a post, it won't let me add a reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Testing the edit box.
edit on 10/14/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: Are you typing in the little box underneath your post?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I try to. I click inside the box behind the colon to type, but the box is black and I can't see the cursor. So I go ahead and type anyway. But it still doesn't show up.

Is that what you are suppose to do? Click behind the colon?

edit on 10/15/2010 by sodakota because: Oh I see... duh! You fill in the space under the colon!
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join