It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Forgot, but there is another thing I have been noticing. At random seeming times a persons avatar is cut off on the left side, but then later it appears normal.

I think that happens with images that are bigger than they should.

As for the refreshing problem, I haven't had that problem in any of the browsers I use (IE 8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera).
edit on 29/1/2011 by ArMaP because: just to test something

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have had issue with the "last post" link in MyATS not taking me to the last post. It is still happening. It is for this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is 7 pages long, and "MyATS" sends me to page 6 every time i click. Happened last night, too.

This isn't like the old, well known "page over" issue. There are several posts on page 7. But the last post feature doesn't recognize that for some reason.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
S.O.

I don't know if this has been mentioned so far... But it occurs to me that the "Flag" and "alert" buttons might be positioned in a way that could cause a lot of "oops" moments. Just now I nearly alerted a thread that I was flagging.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Even the positions wouldn't be so bad if the alert link wasn't incorporated in the same outline as the "flag" link, it seems to me that alert link should be OUTSIDE the flag outline as I can't see why it should be within the flag outline.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I use Opera, and it seems that it will go most often to the place on the page where a post I starred would have been, but the rest of the page loads "wonky" (to use a technical term
). It doesn't refresh the page at the bottom, where I was the second before I refreshed.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I also use Opera, version 10.62, and I don't have that problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

.......okay then. Thanks?

I also use the 10.62 version.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Is it me or is the My Media upload offline?

I can't get past the 'upload' page.

There's a button to toggle whether the media is to be shared or not, but it's a dead link and a dead end.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Forgot, but there is another thing I have been noticing. At random seeming times a persons avatar is cut off on the left side, but then later it appears normal.

I think that happens with images that are bigger than they should.

As for the refreshing problem, I haven't had that problem in any of the browsers I use (IE 8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera).

Got the message about the avatar sizes...my avatar follows the guidelines and it is one of those that, at random times, gets "cut off " on the left side.
I am not complaining but thought that if it is an issue, it should at least be mentioned.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think your doing the right thing. I never used ignore anyways.

Great improvements.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

I just realized ignore wasn't at the bottom of avatars. I have been very tempted to use it before but I don't think I ever did.

S.O. if the friend/foe thing comes back, could we maybe get a message telling us we've been friended, instead of just the messages telling us people don't like us, I mean foe'd us?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have to admit I find myself coming to ATS much less these days, and I've come to realize it's largely due to the new look. I'm not writing this to flame because I know a lot of hard work went in to the redesign, but the site really does feel like it's catering to the "matrix generation." The only positive criticism I can think to offer is please consider providing several different themes for the site. The gray, green, yellow, and light-purple look is just a turn off.

Also I'm not sure if other people are seeing this, but when I flag a thread the depressed button appears off-center in Firefox v3.6.10 with zoom at the default level (ctrl+0),

edit on 12-10-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Still no media upload.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just noticed that when we're trying to jump to a forum from our profile pages from the forum links underneath our threads authored (as the forum a thread is situated in is linked directly underneath them) the link shows up as being broken.

Just thought you should know.

edit on 12-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just wondering, how long is the "window" for editing our posts? I know it says 4 hours, but it is less than that...

I had just come back to the computer and saw I worded something wrong in a post from a little over 2 hours ago and it said the "4 hour limit had been exceeded". It said something nearly like that, at least.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If you edit your last post, what does it say just between the buttons and the edit box in which your post appears?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see now--93 minutes on that last post (the one above yours)

Well it's definitely not 4 hours.
Half that.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi is there anyone who can tell me how I can look in to my friends list ?

I understand that they are rebuilding it, but I kind of want to send some of them a u2u, only typing them in manually comes with all kinds of spelling troubles.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The "Four Hours" statement is simply untrue.
Whenever you post, the "time to edit" always starts counting down from 120 minutes.
Somebody is obviously working with 30-minute hours.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

The "Four Hours" statement is simply untrue.
Whenever you post, the "time to edit" always starts counting down from 120 minutes.
Somebody is obviously working with 30-minute hours.

That's funny. I nearly choked on my coffee.
I'd like to start using those "hours" at work.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join