ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

well that's a bummer..

it always worked before the new changes and i miss it..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

You are right..i am on I.E. right now and the "TOP" button works just fine..hmmm

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I'm totally down with what you stated. The only thing I have a problem with in this whole changeover is the ignore function being dismissed. In real life, I have the choice of not listening or not dealing with someone who's opinion I disagree with, or maybe I just plain don't like the person. I should have that option, to not listen to someone who pisses me off - as that is what the job seems to be of many who come here, simply to stir the pot - as I do in real life.

I was clearly and intentionally baited and insulted in thread and email by a certain member. I decided to ignore them. Makes only a difference to me and no one else. Yet now, I have to read the drivel from this person and hope I don't let myself get baited and do something stupid.

I'm not perfect and the ignore function helped me avoid saying stupid things when people tick me off.If I cannot read it, I cannot get angry about it nor say anything that might end up causing a ruckus.

Whatever, I'll deal with it, but I don't have to like it. It just means there are certain forums I won't visit anymore. Too much name calling, insults thrown about willy-nilly, too much crap. I don't need that. Since my earlier posts about this were ignored, maybe now that a discussion has been started, maybe something can come out of this. Maybe not, but at least I have said my piece and it's nice to see I am not the only one here who shares this perspective.

I have also noticed the last post of a thread has the top line missing. The member's name, the place for stars, not there. Probably just a gflitch somewhere but thought I would mention it.
edit on 10/19/2010 by TheLoony because: Forgot the last thought, so I added it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

I was clearly and intentionally baited and insulted in thread and email by a certain member. I decided to ignore them. Makes only a difference to me and no one else. Yet now, I have to read the drivel from this person and hope I don't let myself get baited and do something stupid.

I'm not perfect and the ignore function helped me avoid saying stupid things when people tick me off.If I cannot read it, I cannot get angry about it nor say anything that might end up causing a ruckus.

Absolutely! As I use it to control myself - - more then ignore others.

Let's face it - - there are "button pushers" - - with direct intent to push your buttons. As you stated - I prefer to take a short break from them - - rather then engage them.

Then about once a week - - I'd clear all my ignores.

The idea that you can't be a fully honest site if you have ignore - - is not realistic.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why do people need a "top" button when just pressing the "home" key on the keyboard takes you there??
I've seen some people suggesting "ctrl"+"home" but I've never needed the "ctrl" part no matter what browser I use.

Just press the "home" key. Simple.

Just to add support to the bring back the "ignore" feature. Its the one's who say the same thing over and over for ten pages that get me. In reality there is only one person I used it on, but that one case alone made the feature very worthwhile.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The wording of "rival" is too politically correct. In reality, I'd rather be able to tag asshats, douchebags and trolls, particularly in the absence of an Ignore system. Why pretend I have any respect for them by flattering them with the term rival?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I think this is the whole point. SO said the category of "foe" was never intended to be used for those you only dislike. You might have to do some refining of your list now........

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I like the old green "One of your friends" indicator much more than the new one. The new one gives off a greenish gray hue that gives off impression that my monitor color is fading. It's just not easy on the eyes. Any chance for some improvement on this?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Are there any plans to make the subscribed list longer on MyATS page? Would love to see around 50 threads if that is at all possible.

Thank you..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm sure that this has been asked and answered before, but maybe someone can indulge stupid over here.

What is the little grey 'links' thingie below the green 'profile' link on the left side menu?
It's staring at me!

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I assumed it was just there to let us know the other bars were links. lol

eta: Could be wrong of course and it could be a link waiting to be added or something like that but I just always thought it was there to let us know all of the above were links to different parts of the site. That's all.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I see.

Thanks.

edit on 21 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I've not heard anything from S.O. or any of the other "higher ups" though so like I said, I'm probably wrong (ofc.
) but that's just what I've always assumed about it.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's a "label". It identifies the section as a collection of "links" to other features.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

About the closest thing to what your looking for would be the link to "all my posts" under tools>profile.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

About the closest thing to what your looking for would be the link to "all my posts" under tools>profile.

Thanks wayno, I am aware of that, just think it's easier to have it on My ATS page as those are the threads I check first when I sign on.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you about the convenience of My ATS; on the otherhand, if the tool that lets me go to my last post was not so hidden away, requiring several "clicks" to get to it, I might use that as my regular starting point.

Now I have a tendency to work backwards from the end of a thread to where my last post was. That is kind of discombobulated to put it mildly. Starting from where I left off; especially if that was a post of mine, would make much more sense. Unfortunately it is made cubersome to do that at the moment.

I am sure SO has it in his capacity to rectify that if he so chooses in some future update.
fingers crossed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm getting a message saying I can't edit a post because I've exceeded the 4 hour limit, yet my post is only 2 and half hours old?

Any ideas.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes, this is going to keep coming up, because the "Four hours allowed" statement is simply untrue.
As soon as you make a post, the "time allowed to edit" starts counting down from 120 minutes, as you discover if you check a couple of minutes later.
As I've said before, somebody is obviously working with 30 minute hours.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yeah I just noticed when I went into another post of mine, said I had 94 minutes left or something?
So why even have the 4 hour sign?

Oh well.

I'm sure It'll be sorted out.

Cheers anyway

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join