It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Life on this Earth Just Changed

page: 5
62
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The last mini-ice age is believed to be the year when George Washington crossed the Delaware. December 1776. Check out the photo link. Big large ice chunks in the Delaware River. I noticed this back in 1969 when I was in Elementary school. I’ve seen the Delaware in the winter time, but never ice chucks that big. The Artist drew what he saw. There was no 15, minutes of fame on CNN then, thus the artist was not embellishing his works. This is good proof when the last ice age was. There is written reports of record snow fall in June and July during that year. Large amounts of rain in Europe were also reported as well. The History channel had a show about the mini-ice age and mentioned that we are overdue for one; and that the last mini-ice age lasted 4 years. They also believe it had peaked during the time of George Washington famous crossing of the Delaware.

This is the original drawing. December 1776.

George Washington Crosses the Delaware full of Ice chunks.

That was drawn 234 years ago. Sounds like were a little over due to me.
I saw lots of original drawings and paintings done at that time in 1776. This was on various school trips to the Philadelphia art museums. The history channel displayed some of this work but only a few works of the winter’s scenes at that time. There are more believe me. The winter scenes are drawn so very harsh you would think it was an Ice age. ( it probably was ) Some questioned that in out group. Some paintings had May and June written at the bottom of them along with the artist name(s). They were snow Scenes!

It would be neat to post those drawings and paintings here. I’m sure there stored someplace safe out of the public view now. They were so old and looked like the air was holding them togeather; Or The history channel would have put them on the air.

Whatever caused this so called 1776 mini-Ice age or freak weather was not due to global warming from CO2 and factories. I don’t think there was that much worldwide firewood burring going on then.





[edit on 7-9-2010 by SJE98]




posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by ChemBreather
 


Deny Ignorance, remember?

The Earth's ecosystem Is fragile though unfortunately, this is man-made.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]


Now that is a dumb thing to say...If it is manmade, there is no 'undoctered' evidence, as the IPCC toses 'ideas' and Climate-Mafia propeganda around.

CRU destroyed the 'real' raw data so it cant be brought back and re-calculated or researched..

And no, I will not hear of any whitewashing of those criminal activities either.

IPCC came out with this 'Glacier gone by 2035', when the original document said 2350, they were made aware of that, but didnt change it, because that would not fitt the ScareMongering of the Co2 Tax hungry Dudettes that wants nothing more than an excuse to ripp us off thru taxes and taxes and etc. plot to stick you with Restrictions on most things you do in the Name of Carbon footprints.

It turns out, that the IPCC had never looked into this at all, no research was done either, they had just looked at a picture of an glacier and said : Omg, it's melting fast..

So schtick that man made stuff exactly where the sun dont shine..



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Some months ago I picked up the first allarm from the Frascati National Laboratories of a direct evidence with data processed by CCAR (Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research) and images from satellites (Jason, Topex/Poseidon, GeosatFollow-On, ERS-2, Envisat) ) of the rapid breaking of The Gulf Stream!
Here the Thread and the Pdf. file of the research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It's a warm day here in Norway.. Haven't heard anything about this anywhere else... I dunno if it wouldn't have an emediate impact on the temperature and the weather dough...

Wouldn't push the panic button just yet!

Cheers



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skekke
It's a warm day here in Norway.. Haven't heard anything about this anywhere else... I dunno if it wouldn't have an emediate impact on the temperature and the weather dough...

Wouldn't push the panic button just yet!

Cheers


Hey Norway, did you see or remeber back in late June on tv2 News, they said Norway could be in an Mini IceAge within 5years, I might have heard wrong, they may have said 15 as I was just walking past the TV when they run the bit.. They had some Sun image goin whilst they said this..

Im pretty sure they said 5, cause my wife looked at my with huge eyes..LOL



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I know people hate it when we defer to Phage, but when threads went up claiming the Gulf "Loop" current was destroyed by the oil spill, Phage was able to pull data from the same month the last couple of years and prove that it was a seasonal occurence and nothing to worry about.


Quick everyone, lets wait around for Phage to tell us everything is all right and we are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists!

yeccch



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82
 


No offense, but I do not find this plausible. First of all the article has no proof, no credible source, to back the claim. Second, this has already been chewed on here at ATS, not sure what the name of the thread was, something like 'loop current stopped" , also not a credible source that it was reported from. And third, please take the time to read this, it explains what would happen if the world's conveyor were stopped:


www.columbia.edu...



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I read this blog till this point.

"The entire 'river of warm water' that flows from the Caribbean to the edges of Western Europe is dying due to the Corexit that the Obama Administration allowed BP to use to hide the scale of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster."

Any self respecting person would stop right there and go on with our daily lives.



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I know people hate it when we defer to Phage, but when threads went up claiming the Gulf "Loop" current was destroyed by the oil spill, Phage was able to pull data from the same month the last couple of years and prove that it was a seasonal occurence and nothing to worry about.


Quick everyone, lets wait around for Phage to tell us everything is all right and we are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists!

yeccch


You know, when the situation is true, and an ice age is imminent, then we can say something about Phage. But for now, i want to believe Phage.

What does it mean Ice Age?

What does change for us?

Do we need to move to the equator more?

Are our diets gonna change?

Where do we get our food from, if everything freezes?

What will it do to the power grid/ communications?

Anyone care for philosophy on this?



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Article in Question has no proof. But this does from what I found myself and what the history channel explained. The weather would have to be this crazy. I know looking at 1700 weather data is far off . It seems like the conveyer may have had some sort of wild shift in the mid 1700’s. ( hence’ no global warming here ) It would stand to reason we might be having this same kind weather now. Which we are not. The conveyer is working and doing just fine.

Could have been Mini-Ice age then. When weather gets this crazy in the future I will know what’s coming next.

Below is what I found which might relate to a shift or no conveyer.

All kinds of extreme weather in 1775-1778 . I’m just looking for extreme weather just to see if there really was a true mini ice age at that time. So here is what I found so far from around the world. Atlantic hurricane season on a large scale one after the other. ( There are more hurricanes than I listed here ) . Very low extreme temperatures in The US and Europe. This list could go on and on… I was surprised at what I found so far. Seems like something was happening to worldwide weather that’s for sure.

Oxford: The coldest day on record was 27th January 1776 with a midday maximum of -8°C.
www.dailyinfo.co.uk...

1777-1778- Valley Forge December and March: The end of December with a low of 6 Degrees and the end of March with a low of 8 Degrees.

explains several days of nice warm weather in between these low extremes temp’s and snow storms, Strange yes.

1776 Sep 6th - Hurricane hits Guadeloupe, killing more than 6000.


1776 Sep 6th- Hurricane hits Martinique; 100 French & Dutch ships sinks; 600 die


From August 29-September 2, 1775, a “savage” hurricane tracked from coastal North Carolina to New Foundland.



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Incidently, it's worth noting that the surface velocity of any ocean current, including the Gulf Stream and NADC is determined in part by the weather. If there is a strong wind blowing counter to the direction of the current, then the surface water will move more slowly or even not at all.

It's possible, for example, that Hurricane Earl may have affected the speed of the Gulf Stream at the surface over recent days.

You're therefore often better off using the velocity at around 200m as a guide to whether a current is speeding up, slowing down or has stopped.




Originally posted by ChemBreather

CRU destroyed the 'real' raw data so it cant be brought back and re-calculated or researched..

And no, I will not hear of any whitewashing of those criminal activities either.


The CRU didn't bother keeping the copies of the raw data they'd been given. Why should they? The original data is still available from the original sources. Not only can it be brought back and re-calculated but it was, by the Russell Inquiry.

It's just like me downloading the Hadley CET Temp Series, producing a report based on it and then not bothering to keep a copy of the data. Is that a crime? No. Should I provide the Hadley data to those questioning my report? No. They can readily obtain it themselves.

Not a whitewash, just the truth.



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
oceanmotion.org...

looks ok to me....



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
I read this blog till this point.

"The entire 'river of warm water' that flows from the Caribbean to the edges of Western Europe is dying due to the Corexit that the Obama Administration allowed BP to use to hide the scale of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster."

Any self respecting person would stop right there and go on with our daily lives.


Thats indeed a bold statement.
Core Exit is deadly toxic.

But how could Core-Exit stop the flow of water.

I only got one theory coming in my mind.

Core Exit(I know its Corexit)dispersants the oil, and mixes with the water.
Therefore change the molecular structure of the fluid. The combinations of molucale's has multiplied, cause of the intergretian of water, oil and corexit.

The viscosity has thinken, and the behavior of that particular fluid changes.
Maybe cause they bin poring this in the gulf for weeks, it has created a band of fluid that got carried away in te large current.
But because its a diffrent liquid, and heavier, the current slows down.
And maybe breakup completly, causing artificial ice age if stays broken.

To add on the fact that the glaciers are poring fresh water in the oceans like crayzy. We can conlude that that has in the long shot also an effect.
There is an interaction between these thing going on, and there for reflecting in erratic weather .

Hows that for an theory?



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
More sources.

www.sott.net...

www.iceagenow.com...

www.telegraaf.nl...
(Translate it with goolge translator, its Dutch)

www.nettavisen.no...
(translate its Swedish)

www.adelaidenow.com.au...

www.iceagenow.com...



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98
 


SJE98, you are making some awesome posts!

I almost think those comments deserve their own thread, because I am in agreement with your assessments.

It does appear that there was some type of mini-ice age during the revolutionary war, at least from the perspective of these paintings.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I can't believe people are not bothering to read your excellent comments and observations. On the other hand, I am not surprised because people are so fickle, even around here.

But yes, if you made a thread I would star and flag it.

Maybe a thread already exists that I have not seen yet?

Anyways, this is a really good discussion going on here and I will flag this thread merely because there is a lot of things to learn here for just about anyone interested in the subject of climate and how it changes over time and the many factors involved in such a grand equation.

This is the type of thread that hopefully will spur a lot of research and new thinking. And I come to ATS to find discussions of this nature often, and I enjoy them very much!



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
The last mini-ice age is believed to be the year when George Washington crossed the Delaware. December 1776. Check out the photo link. Big large ice chunks in the Delaware River. I noticed this back in 1969 when I was in Elementary school. I’ve seen the Delaware in the winter time, but never ice chucks that big. The Artist drew what he saw. There was no 15, minutes of fame on CNN then, thus the artist was not embellishing his works. This is good proof when the last ice age was. There is written reports of record snow fall in June and July during that year. Large amounts of rain in Europe were also reported as well. The History channel had a show about the mini-ice age and mentioned that we are overdue for one; and that the last mini-ice age lasted 4 years. They also believe it had peaked during the time of George Washington famous crossing of the Delaware.

This is the original drawing. December 1776.

George Washington Crosses the Delaware full of Ice chunks.

That was drawn 234 years ago. Sounds like were a little over due to me.
I saw lots of original drawings and paintings done at that time in 1776. This was on various school trips to the Philadelphia art museums. The history channel displayed some of this work but only a few works of the winter’s scenes at that time. There are more believe me. The winter scenes are drawn so very harsh you would think it was an Ice age. ( it probably was ) Some questioned that in out group. Some paintings had May and June written at the bottom of them along with the artist name(s). They were snow Scenes!

It would be neat to post those drawings and paintings here. I’m sure there stored someplace safe out of the public view now. They were so old and looked like the air was holding them togeather; Or The history channel would have put them on the air.

Whatever caused this so called 1776 mini-Ice age or freak weather was not due to global warming from CO2 and factories. I don’t think there was that much worldwide firewood burring going on then.





[edit on 7-9-2010 by SJE98]



Did anyone else notice the bright star in the sky,maybe Jupiter,just like it is now. ???



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by SJE98
 


SJE98, you are making some awesome posts!

I almost think those comments deserve their own thread, because I am in agreement with your assessments.

It does appear that there was some type of mini-ice age during the revolutionary war, at least from the perspective of these paintings.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I can't believe people are not bothering to read your excellent comments and observations. On the other hand, I am not surprised because people are so fickle, even around here.

But yes, if you made a thread I would star and flag it.

Maybe a thread already exists that I have not seen yet?

Anyways, this is a really good discussion going on here and I will flag this thread merely because there is a lot of things to learn here for just about anyone interested in the subject of climate and how it changes over time and the many factors involved in such a grand equation.

This is the type of thread that hopefully will spur a lot of research and new thinking. And I come to ATS to find discussions of this nature often, and I enjoy them very much!


I quess, thank you for the flag.
Even though you like SJE98 more





posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dotkix
 


Isnt the star always there?



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I just found this amounst hundreds of other bad weather videos.never seen so much weather issues in a while.Where i live,its going from sunny to heavy winds to insane rain.

edition.cnn.com...#/video/world/2010/09/06/pkg.aus.victoria.floods.ninenet



posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotkix
I just found this amounst hundreds of other bad weather videos.never seen so much weather issues in a while.Where i live,its going from sunny to heavy winds to insane rain.

edition.cnn.com...#/video/world/2010/09/06/pkg.aus.victoria.floods.ninenet


The same here.

Yesterday cloudless, but heavy winds. the evening yesterday turned quickly cold. And today grey, rain and no wind



new topics

top topics



 
62
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join