It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on this Earth Just Changed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82
reply to post by dotkix

Isnt the star always there?

its at its brightest this month,kinda like the pic.Im probably wrong.just thought I might mention it.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotkix

reply to post by dotkix

Isnt the star always there?

its at its brightest this month,kinda like the pic.Im probably wrong.just thought I might mention it.

Its in the details, i like you

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If I want to know something about medical imaging I might ask a physicist. If I want to know about ocean currents I will certainly ask an oceanographer.

oceanographer vs nuclear physicist
hhhmmmm......

no, I chose the physicist, being as he would have had to learn all the basics as the oceanographer, and then more...
much higher level of math, fluid dynamics, particle distrubition, statistics...

you can get a Bachelor degrees in Marine Biology
how many nuclear physicists have 4 year degrees?

oh and a radiologist would probably be a better source for imaging

dr

[edit on 7-9-2010 by dr dodge]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
All the signs have been pointing to another Ice age, Its a natural cycle the earth goes through. And let's be honest, if the msm says the planet is getting hotter because of global warming we should know by now to expect the opposite. I wonder how quick the change will come about when it kicks into full gear!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

If this indeed true, that is the beginning of an Ice Age! Most people don't know that climate is created not only by where on the globe you are, but also by how much land and water there is both relative and absolute.

In really hope this is a whopper of a mistake! I am going to check it because I don't want it to be true!

EDIT: www.jpl.nasa.gov...
this from March and Nasa claims that the conveyor belt is not slowing down. And that is still in place.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The 'process' of entering a new Ice Age could begin coming upon us in full force (rather like in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow") at any time, or it could take three to five year to fully play out with early glaciation beginning in North America and Europe and Asia this winter (both models have existed in the beginnings of different Ice Ages in Earth's past).

europebusines.blogspot.com...

Well it looks like the Global Warming problem has just been solved. I better not hear Cris Matthews or Al Gore or Harry Reed or Nancy Pelosi continue to run their mouths on this subject and try to use it as an excuse to tax us to death.

Way to go BP. You solved the crisis and shut these con artists up at the same time. Nobel Peace Prize and much congratulations.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Take your time... and don't worry....

Just watch this animated GIF by the Geophysical department of the Technical University of the town of Delft, in the Netherlands, of the period 01-01-2003 to August 2010 for the changes in Gulf-stream currents velocities.

Note that the colors are not temperature connected, but speed connected, in casu 0.0 to 1.0 meter per second :

The Gulf-stream is changing all year long, and is not fundamentally different from other years.
Eddies of faster currents are forming and dispersing again, left and right, north and south of the main stream, like always.

And, it is NOT DISAPPEARING, or fundamentally changing.

EDIT : Sleep well, again.

EDIT2 : I see that Phage lost some valuable time on the subject too, on page 3.
Tip: rads.tudelft.nl...
There are 6 animated GIF's on top of that long list, so pick your nit.

[edit on 7/9/10 by LaBTop]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Ugh. Its about time. Im have been burning up this summer. Glad its gonna be a cold one.

As for the ice age coming, do you have any more sources other than a blog that got his information sources from another blog?

Al Gore needs to get out more. Maybe go ice fishing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Please insert HOAX in the title, dear management.

It saves others a lot of valuable time, hopefully.

EDIT :
In this September 2009 to August 2010 FASTER animation from the TU Delft NL, you can observe the many massive vortexes (Maelströms) splitting off from the mainstream, to the south, caused by the Coriolis forces acting upon the inside of the fluid (causing friction between those salt water layers which have differing temperatures), and see them return back thousands of kilometers to the west (the east-coast of the USA) and combine again with the mainstream :

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Firstly it'd be great if you could actually show a source that isn't just a blog

If you have graphs and such to show which could actually prove it, then bring it forward, if not its just conjecture and having the mindless conspiracy sheep follow you.

Also I like how you posted something about cold weather in south australia, the current stopping wouldn't affect australia, since the current gets its warmth here. Honestly, try know something before trying to scare people.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the fact that Dr. Bill Deagle is refered to several times in the article is enough to call it hoax.

He is a Project Scam-a-lot regular and fear monger. Suprised he doesn't have a potion that you can buy to fix the Gulf Stream.

but thats just me

[edit on 7-9-2010 by 5MaveN5]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh Gee, I wonder if its linked at all to that thread here a few weeks ago about the Italian physicist who had done the calculations regarding the Gulf Stream and determined this year, due to BP it was STALLED!

I certainly remember the thread. Phage came on and threw up all the summer charts from the place where all these things are studied. I kept saying the Italian physicst had Taken It All Into Account Already, The Normal Summer Loops, The Whole Thing, For It Said All The Data Was Studied For Several Years!!!!

Just shortly after that thread, there was one where millions of sea life died off the coast of eastern europe due to a sudden sharp drop in temps in the currents!

Day After Tomorrow Stuff!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This happened back in June, so I would expect the effect to show up in the ocean temperature distribution by now. However it doesn't.

www.climate4you.com...

Especially the anomaly map (second down) show that the ocean temperature is close to normal along the path of the Gulf stream.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I love science but my knowledge is limited, I had read that the Thermohaline Circulation System system is most notably being effected by the drop in salinity caused by melting ice. I'm not so convinced that the corexit/oil has had an impact on the currents but it could. The dramatic impact of the Deepwater Horizon disaster may never be fully known. I'm all for anything that'll keep something like this from happening again but as long as our government is owned, it's just a matter of time.
I didn't see anything in the data presented that offers conclusive evidence that the Thermohaline Circulation System is being effected by corexit, oil, or declining salinity. Deserves a study all the same, but not with satelite data.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

You have been on ATS long enough to know BP and it's Core-Exit stuck that oil where "The Sun Don't Shine", genious (deep in the gulf stream).

Who are you trying to fool here? Only yourself. Now you must 'carry on' with your mistakes. It's obvious which side of Creation you're on; destruction.

You sound disturbed, no?
With Good Reason I'm sure.
You know, and so does ATS folk though more importantly ^^^^^.

Brilliant name "ChemBreather" and quite appropriate as you will snOrt soon enough.
This has 'worldwide' consequences.

You will EAT those words.
You already are.....

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
lol... OMG - did anybody read the bio of the blogsite owner?

Lord Stirling
Evansville, IN, United States

I hold several ancient Scottish titles, Earl of Stirling, Viscount of Canada, Viscount of Stirling, Lord Alexander of Tulibody (1630), Lord Alexander of Tulibody (1633), etc., Chief of Clan Alexander, I also hold several honorific old Canadian great offices-of-state: Lord Lieutenant and Governor of Canada, Lord High Admiral of Nova Scotia, Lord Lieutenant of Nova Scotia, Lt.-Gen. of Nova Scotis (first Lord Stirling was founder of English speaking Canada in the early 1600s). I hold 3 degrees: B.Sc. in Pol. Sc. & History; M.A. in European Studies; B.Sc. in Education. I have worked on 3 addtional degrees: M.T.S. (theology); LL.B. (English Law); M.S. (Criminal Justice). I am former Scottish Editor at Burke's Peerage in London. I also hold several Scots/Canadian feudal titles.

I am a widower.

I'm sorry, but this guy seems to me to be heavily involved in some sort of chemical intake for me to truly believe a word he says.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clavicula

This happened back in June, so I would expect the effect to show up in the ocean temperature distribution by now. However it doesn't.

www.climate4you.com...

Especially the anomaly map (second down) show that the ocean temperature is close to normal along the path of the Gulf stream.

Thats important, I havnt read any current information on if the Loop in the Gulf Stream corrected itself or not, if the Summer Stalling (which the Italian physicist said was abdnormal) ended and the engine was starting again. Because it had to abnormal due to the millions of marine life that died.

IT looks to me like the 2012 worries and all the elites wetdream of depopulating billions wasnt going the way they wanted. We're probably almost through that cloud and magnetism that is outside our solar system according to NASA reports. So, BP was paid a fortune (they had shares in that chemical they sprayed by the megatons), to create the disaster!

So the Rothchilds get to win, I want them all arrested, all the mafia lords.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince
Firstly it'd be great if you could actually show a source that isn't just a blog

If you have graphs and such to show which could actually prove it, then bring it forward, if not its just conjecture and having the mindless conspiracy sheep follow you.

Also I like how you posted something about cold weather in south australia, the current stopping wouldn't affect australia, since the current gets its warmth here. Honestly, try know something before trying to scare people.

Are you typing to me?

Then i suggest you read my comments in the treat.

I stated im no Expert
I stated that im also not that good of an investigator.
I stated that i searched the treat thingie to find already exitsting treats, found nothing (obviously didnt search well enough)

I even stated somewhere that i didn't like this bad news. At the time people where just like me confused, about the plausibility .
So im not trying to scare people.

You are black and white, and i dont like it.

I feel its my duty to post this. If i where right im a good person, and now i scare people.
I asked for people to investigate this.

So all the responders are mindless sheep?
To me they are involved, with our world.

But i can see true your glasses.
So just wanted to get my side of the story out.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Then get on your knees already and 'Pucker Up'.
What is your point?
I see you made your 'post', then cut and run offline.
Do you shave.....your 'legs' too?

Hey yOyO, why not 'retract' and explain yourself?
Which blog, what purpose, what point are you trying to make?
Got Link?

Titles don't make the Man, he makes himself every day in his Actions and Deeds unto his 'fellow' man. Royalty and 'titles' are 'meaningless' without Virtuosity and Worth.

We await for your yOyO to roll back Up with some answAs.
What kind of Use/er name is that anyhow?
Sounds Foolish.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The latest satellite data establishes that the North Atlantic Current (also called the North Atlantic Drift) no longer exists and along with it the Norway Current...

North Altantic Current you say? Interesting...

It is not caused by the BP oil spill.

National Geographic:
"Mini Ice Age" May Be Coming Soon, Sea Study Warnsl
(Predicted in 2005)

Chilling new evidence from the Atlantic Ocean is raising fears that western Europe could soon be gripped by a mini ice age.

Global warming is slowing down the ocean current that carries warm waters from the tropics to the North Atlantic, scientists say...

The study supports computer model predictions suggesting that global warming will switch off the North Atlantic current in the next 50 to 100 years.

We knew a mini-age was a possibility. It also happened in the 1800s.

National Geographic:
Global Warming May Alter Atlantic Currents
(Predicted in 2005)

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Section31]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join