It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Price of being Awaken!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
Lots of people are waking up now, very slowly....they understand whats right and whats wrong but they are scared to omit it from their lifestyle. Such as the TV for example, they may know the effects but they will never stop watching. Just like someone would know the effects of smoking and never quit, so have they truly woken up?

In my experiences, the people who i found to be truly awake seemed to be in depression. They had nothing to lose but everything to gain and small things like mainstream music, TV, newspapers, social sites etc...did not appeal to them. I found this striking since the depressed individuals would not socialize often, therefore they did not have to impress their colleagues and contribute to the 'Twilight' chitter chatter of the sleeping sheep.

I also discovered that people realize that our governments are screwing us over, but they still vote? doesn't make sense to me. They know about the NWO and the depopulation programs but do nothing to stop it or spread the message. All i get is...."If its Gods will, there is nothing we can do about it", now it really pisses me off when they act helpless. My family is asleep, iv tried to wake them up since i was 14...I'm in my early 20's now and I'm frustrated. To them ignorance is bliss....my smaller brother 11, seems to vibrate at the same frequency as me. I had over 500 friends and to be honest, only 3 of them were in the same mind state and truly awake (so i have 3 friends now). My girlfriend is waking up....the catch is the more she wakes up the more depressed she gets.

I've been severely depressed ever since i woke up and it just gets worse every day. I see my closest friends and family selling themselves out willingly and I'm sure many of you out there know how painful this is. I do not see any future for myself, I never see myself getting a family of my own or working for a large cooperation (Basically money means little to me). I've also sidelined my dreams as a musician something i worked hard on since i was 14 but released little to the public (I always had a feeling i wasn't doing the right thing and kept canceling and postponing projects). I quit Being a Mixed Martial Arts fighter, because i do not want to be merely a tool of entertainment and satisfy the viewers need for blood. I rarely drink but I'm a heavy smoker (Ignorance of course lol), rarely watched TV over the last 6 years, never listen to dumbed down music. My respect for a large majority of my elders appears to have gone.

I do not sleep well, seem to have lost my appetite and have that constant heavy feeling in my stomach (A sort of nervous feeling). I feel like something will happen soon that will truly wake everyone up but by then it would be too late. I'm not a believer in the 2012 'end of the world' conspiracy but believe this will be the great awakening. I am so frustrated about talking to 'zombies' that i would rather not discuss any of this with anyone who is not awake....and it would simply make me look crazy!

I'm just wondering how your lives have changed since you woke up?

Peace and Love,
Serizawa the Beast.

What difference does it make if you wake up or not.... nothing really changes because it can't change... We need something more celestial.... I figure, it is not up to you or me... or few individuals... It doesn't matter if the majority thinks so... It is not up to us.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I say # you to everything and nothing would change either way. That is the strange world we live in. I would say f you to God and nothing would change.... You see, we need to figure out what is really going on.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

The problem is suffering. We cannot fix the world but we can either learn from our pasts or repeat the same mistakes. Yes nothing I do or you do will change anything, but if we can overcome our suffering then the world will be a better place. All those philosophies and theories on the universe/world and how it all came to be are interesting - but at the end of the day those pale in comparison to the obvious problem of suffering, maybe better to call it helpless suffering or angst, the sort of suffering where all you needed was a small push in the right direction or for someone to just stick out their hand to help you up. And sometimes I guess, you have to pick yourself up.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I know what you are saying but I do not see myself as a savior of mankind and would never put myself on a pedestal. I am not here to save the world, I want to change the lives of those closet to me such as family. Now saving the world......something great would have to happen as you stated. But as for my family and loved ones, i will not sit back and watch them rot away. I will do everything under my power to make sure they realize whats going on and hopefully by then i would be able to teach them how to overcome this depression. Changing the world starts at home and with those closet to you. Now i may not be able to change your children, but you can.

It is worse to give up and never try, than to try and fail...remember that. With every mistake comes a lesson.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Don't give up! Use your musical talents to infiltrate the masses. Use your abilities to make money and subvert from the inside, then you could wake up more people. Once you are awake you must do something about it or you will be depressed.

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

***Well said, Serizawa!!!***

As for dealing with depression, just remember that within you lays the choice to be either happy or sad. You don't need a million dollars to be happy or listen to some sad songs to remain in a sad state.

There is still plenty of beauty in this world, just as there are plenty of issues that are way beyond our control to fix.

Do your part, make your stand, convince and help others with a smile, not with misery for it will only bring more pain and suffering, and your job is done. That sowing of seeds will take time to grow, thus you have to be patient. Impatience only drives others away.

Each day, just live life as if it is the last day, truly understand what impact you would want in this present mortal form for yourself and loved ones ( or potential loved ones if you are lonely and alone), and you will have no regrets, come what may, so long as you hurt or harm no one.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Huh? So if your awake, you do not know that your awake? Then what are you, still sleeping? Does the sleeper utter, I am awake? Does the awakened one cry out to the World, I slumber?
Namaste

Originally posted by gandhi
You are not yet awake. If you were, you would not say you were. Keep opening those eyes my friend, you will see soon. We all will.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Serizawa, I know what you're going through.

I've recently also become aware of how things are actually like. I see it in my friends and family, like you. It's a little bit more difficult for me to keep track of my old friends because I move around so much. Those I do keep in touch with via facebook, Instant Messenger, Skype, whatever are frozen in that state of friendship when I left. Meaning that it's a lot of work to maintain a very good close friendship over long distance because the individuals change in different ways and it's more and more work to communicate this change.

In any case, I still don't sleep that well. Though things are getting better. The key is to just accept that there's nothing that you can do or -need- to do. You are not responsible for the rest of the world. It's frustrating to read the news and read a lot of comments that people voice, but remember that they are people too. We are all products of our experiences and you have to respect the journey others take. Voice your opinions and tell them to look into things, but respect the choices they make. That doesn't mean you should give up or become passive, it's a matter of mindset. We would all go insane if we'd keep on trying to impose our own beliefs on others.

We all have to run on the treadmill of the system. It's very difficult to get around it. I've made a choice recently that changed my direction all together. I'm still in information overload since I started realizing not everything on the spoon is good for us and it takes a while to find yourself again. That is ultimately what it's all about.

Realize what you feel is important and set your sights on that. I'm going to try the volunteer firefighter station close to where I live to expand my horizons and I'm thinking of doing a year working for an NGO or doing work in a third world country to try and set some distance towards the system and myself.

I don't know what's to come in the next few years... there's so many theories and possibilities. Some are heresay or would come out of the blue (natural disasters for example), others seem to have been building up for ages (religious tensions, Iran, etc) but there's no way for us to know for sure. I sometimes indulge in prediction threads here on ATS for an interesting read, but I do not set my alarm clock by them.

I'm just trying to plant my feet on the ground again and go at it day by day. Focus on the now, because you have no control over your past nor can you predict what will happen in the future. Find yourself amidst all the haze of emotion and information.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I appreciate the open dialog to your heart. You are engaging your Journey and those around you are "programmed", yet the "truth" and the "Light" that is guiding you is still clouded by your fear.

The Depression has to be addressed as a primary obstacle. Obviously this means "within" and "personal" because the World around you is unable to see you for who you are on the inside, only you can accept this Path.

Sleep patterns are so important to health, if you find yourself sleeping less and less or napping it when you can to catch up, then you are on a Path to a Physical Breakdown. Coping with the Mind versus the Body is the underlying problem but the Body will give out sooner than the Mind will.

You need to take your pulse every hour throughout the day, note those times when you have a pulse below 60 bpm, note those times when your pulse is higher. When you lay down to sleep if your heart-rate is not sufficiently low enough then sleep will not happen. Instead you will lay there in your mind and think the hours away. Make a graph of your heart-rate; take your pulse for 15 seconds and times that by 4, this will give you how many beats per minute, bpm.

If you discover your heart-rate is not lowering when you are at rest then it means that your Mind is in overdrive and your unable to cope on the physiological level. Seek a Doctor out that can address this specifically without the cascading reasons. Tell him that you were told that Beta Blockers will ease the electrical impulses from the Mind to the Heart, lowering the stress the heart is under. (used mostly for high blood pressure--most physicians see a Beta Blocker as nothing more than a placebo).

Medically you can overcome this "excitement" within you, this "feeling of dread" that comes from your depths. You can cope with whatever truths are out there but what you need most is a continual "Good Night's Rest" without the fear of addiction. I can personally attest to the benefits of Beta Blockers, but they should not be used with Alcohol!

Here is a good read on the types of Beta Blockers.
Wiki page on Beta Blockers

After you are able to sleep comfortably every night you will find that fear will leave your side. Then you can better deal with the internal "messes" that seem to have caused you to fall into despair.

I have always recognized the inherent process of Depression when the Spirit within begins to awaken. The Loss of Culture in Society does not give us enough to hold onto and we cannot find any Truth to our Identifiers (Leaders or Mentors).

Good Luck, Meditation or Medication, you need to slow yourself down within. Take a Deep breath and Breathe, but do so with the intent of slowing your Heart-Rate! Relax! The Journey gets much more exciting from there!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm always worried that the mind or body will become dependent on medication. It does not solve the issue necessarily, it merely hides it.

We're in a culture that advocates way too much medication and it should not be treated lightly. Use it as a brief crutch if need be.

When it comes to medication, I'd try to go with small doses or natural stuff. Unless it really gets bad, then it makes sense to look for bigger tools to help.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
Lots of people are waking up now, very slowly....they understand whats right and whats wrong but they are scared to omit it from their lifestyle. Such as the TV for example, they may know the effects but they will never stop watching. Just like someone would know the effects of smoking and never quit, so have they truly woken up?

Technology, the Television specifically is not inherently evil. How it is used, what is broadcast is what should be in question.

If one is to believe the anti-TV hype of the "awakened" then I supposed Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs is supposed to be programming me to believe that even the worst of jobs (enslavement to the system) are glorious and everybody is happier for it. It's not working, though I'm sure someone would argue that, that's what they want me to think.

In my experiences, the people who i found to be truly awake seemed to be in depression. They had nothing to lose but everything to gain and small things like mainstream music, TV, newspapers, social sites etc...did not appeal to them. I found this striking since the depressed individuals would not socialize often, therefore they did not have to impress their colleagues and contribute to the 'Twilight' chitter chatter of the sleeping sheep.

Differences in taste and personality don't necessarily mean anything towards awake/asleep.
Plenty of people who hate the mainstream buy into the mainstream version of whatever counter-culture is considered "cool" at the time. (This can especially be evidenced on any Youtube page for a Disturbed or Slipknot song; stupidity abounds)

Frankly, I'd go so far as to say there is no such thing as awakened. In our current selves we can only be aware.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Addendum:

I should add this thought. As you get older and things present themselves and you have to seek Medical Advice, you will find that once you tell them you are a "Smoker" you will likely get the same response for every problem.

They will say, "Well you need to Quit Smoking", or "there you go". LOL They have a myriad of responses for every occasion when you are the one not feeling well. Eventually you get the two all-time favorite diagnoses, "You're getting old", or "you're fat"! LOL Two of my favorites anyways.

Best to be one-up on the Medical Establishment and please do quit smoking for life! It has no benefit to you at all. Exercise daily! Stay fit on the inside as well as the outside, then when you present Medically you can better heal yourself from within.

I personally do not condone the use of Medication for Life! No way, the body can heal, what ever else anyone might say otherwise. I have seen Medical Miracles, but I also have seen our World become medicated to oblivion. Cocktails of Meds for some people just to live long enough to see their Grandkids! We can choose to make our worlds better.

That's my disclaimer and I am sticking to it!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thanks for the tips, my heart rate is currently at 96bpm. I feel weak, nauseated and currently developing a migraine. I haven't had a meal in over 8 hours (having one in a few mins). My heart usually pounds as i lay in bed.

Central nervous system (CNS) adverse effects (hallucinations, insomnia, nightmares, depression)

Unfortunately i don't think its necessary to take beta-blockers at the moment. I do not feel comfortable taking medication for things i can overcome naturally. The same goes for the sleeping pills, only if need be.

I will keep posting my heart rate and will monitor it before i have a nap.

edit: I just read your second post! I'll try my best to quit in the next week or so. I smoke because it keeps me calm and lowers my heart rate...I guess its equally as bad as taking medication

edit: 1 hour later heart rate = 120bpm!!!

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Serizawa]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

Spot on Tarrok, i hardly take medication only when required.

reply to post by eNumbra

Aware is the term i should have used.

When i talk about TV, I'm referring to shows such as Tyra Banks, MTV etc. I did not go into detail as i thought majority of ATS members would relate (my mistake). A little bit of TV will not hurt you, just don't do everything you see them do. As for those that are asleep...TV is their role model, that goes for the mainstream as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm just wondering how your lives have changed since you woke up?

Hey Serizawa, man I feel what you are saying because I experienced some similar side effects from taking the red pill too. I kept trying to make others aware, for their own good, to break out of the purely reactionary lifestyle. I became angry and frustrated with the world and the "still asleep." I felt that the information(conspiracies) I uncovered thru research was essential for people to know...the truth! Sometimes I wish I could put some awareness back in the box.
I found myself spending more time alone, which in retrospect, was an environment conducive to depression. Although I have been and still am solitary, and happily/productively so, whenever one is down, they need support and subtle distractions or something to occupy idol time. Stillness can sometimes be a breeding ground for depression. At other times "active" stillness can be a tool for instilling clarity and strength. Meditation, as suggested earlier can be used to control our emotions and release built up tension.

I too am a musician and martial artist, and those abilities have helped tremendously in my healing and forebearance(ability to endure all afflictions). Bruce Lee was my hero growing up and I have always been able to use him as an example of mental, phy and spiritual health. Music and Martial arts, as you know, are much more than just ways to make money and get attention. They can be nutrients for the soul too, a source of strength and inspiration. Like ats, they can be therapeutic also, providing an outlet for expressing what you are experiencing, and connecting with other like minds.

As a martial artist, you know the most valuable thing is not just learning how to defend yourself from people, but from harm in general, by fortifying one's presence through self discipline and exercise. So use your gifts to dig your way back into the light. Bruce would probably think he is better and stronger than the disenchanting pain that comes with awareness. " Be like water my friend."

I have determined that everyone is on their own path moving at their own pace and that is just how it is. We cannot force peoples eyes open if they are unwilling to do their own homework on a subject. The best thing you can do is be yourself and let the example influence others. Slowly other's will wake and when the time is appropriate, you can offer your perspective, but wait until you are asked about it. Then when you are, try to refrain from spilling everything you know at once, for you will surely push someone into the same position you are in. Baby steps I guess is better.
I know you just want everyone to get on the same page so we can all experience the changes we need, but it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

I think it is important to actively seek sources of love and inspiration during these times. In my experience, being awake comes with a degree of cynicism, but over time the pain and negativity subsides a bit and you will be able to find balance again. This happens faster with love and light in your life though, so seek something positive to add to your awareness, it is a necessary part of the mix. I started volunteering for habitat for humanity and knowing that we can still help others is a great source of positivity, even if it is somewhat on the microcosm level. I have also found running to be therapeutic too, fresh air and a blue sky can often quell the storms within.
I believe you have great strength, continue to cultivate it and you will find balance again.

Best wishes,

spec

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Good post and I hear you.

Yes taking that red pill is a *itch.

I have found that by doing random acts of kindness, by helping other people out, by volunteering to help out the poor, elderly or just simply reading to someone in the hospital makes me feel better.

You come away feeling like at least you have made a positive difference.

There is a old saying, " You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink".

It's like me trying to get my three sons, who are a little older than you to quit smoking............Two of the three have, but they quit on their own terms and when it was the right time for them.

Same thing with "awakening". Many people are waking up, more all the time. All you can do is plant a seed. And like in gardening, if you try to pound that seed down deep and hard, it will not grow, you must plant the seed of awareness ever so gently.

You can wake more people up with your wise actions vs words coming out of your mouth.

All you can do is try.

That is why ATS is such a great place. It is a meeting place for minds that ponder great things.

You did not open your comments section so I leave the quotes and beautiful picture below in hopes this will brighten your day.

Also, talk to old people, some of us elders actually do have wisdom.

Maybe get out and take a long hike, go camping somewhere where there are hardly any people.

I agree, TV for the most part is the pits, I also suspect there is the possiblity that TV is being used for "mind conditioning" of the masses, but that's another conspiracy thread. (Research mind control, that rabbit hole goes so deep and has so many twists and turns it's amazing).

You sound like you are already very wise beyond your years, maybe you are a old soul and or a second waver.

I'm a first waver. Peace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ca69c3b8239.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Very wise and helpful post. Wish I could give you more than 1 star.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Great post, Spec.

I agree with you, hobbies that heal, maintain and develop your spiritual health are vital. To almost mirror your thread:

I myself had a difficult last few years and have now moved to a new location. One of the first things I'm doing is looking at all the local clubs and group activities.

I'm going to start Kendo in order to bring a sort of anchor for me. In regards to music, I've always wanted to learn an instrument but it never really happened so I am thinking of starting the bass guitar after I'm settled in and have gotten used to Kendo. It's important not to do too much at once after all.

In any case, those are definitely great things to have in your life.

reply to post by ofhumandescent

After I started 'awakening' I linked some of my friends to articles or threads, raised a few questions here and there very slowly. I knew that if I were to approach them and start an intense discussion it would all end badly and they would think I had lost my marbles.

It certainly doesn't work with everyone, I've had people rigidly reject some lines of thought but I had to end up respecting that. They were scientists so they have a bit of an entrenched paradigm to work from.

Nevertheless, it's not necessarily our responsibility to force people to awaken and I love your gardening imagery, works perfectly to what I myself have experienced as well.

Ultimately it's a matter of time and to grow into our new line of thinking. I've had a really hard time but things have gotten better.

Just keep in mind, Serizawa, that we are only human. A 'shock to the system' takes getting used to and then you can find your bearings again.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locke23
There are times when I feel completely aware of everything.And that awareness is painful.I cannot wish it to my enemy.

I cannot even wish it on my loved ones or friends. This is why I do not disturb the sheep. It is painful when your illusions are shattered. It is an individual path and you have to want to know. You have to seek out the truth. Sometimes there is no truth to be found, only the layers and layers of what you know is not truth. It is a process of discovering the lies and the revelations of what has held the evil in place.

I may drop a hint or two at the sheep. If they are interested, they will pursue the path. But for me, no one told me anything. It has been a personal journey of seeking on my own and coming to my own conclusions based on facts not myths and conjure and whitewashing.

I look at the sheep---some contented, complacent, some actually thinking they are happy and satisfied. It is not for me to be the bearer of bad news and shatter their world with disturbance and chaos. Some are just not ready for it. Some do not have the strength to bear it nor the reasoning to comprehend it. I leave them alone.

This is not a journey you can impose on others.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No one ever really wakes up. Everything is still a perception within other perceptions. Reality, whether "awakened" or still "asleep" is still just a lens through which we try to add objective morality to a subjective existence. There are no absolutes, and thus, there are no Fully Awakened states of being. Everything is dependent on your point of view.

Your insistence on turning off TVs is not that of someone awakened, it is that of someone who doesn't like TV. I watch TV, I find acting to be an applause-worthy profession, so I support them by watching them perform their skill.

And "mainstream music" is just a prejudiced opinion on music. What is mainstream now will be "old" or "underground" in a decade. To really be "awake" one must discard discrimination and realize that all forms of expression are just that: expressions of that which IS.

I wish you all luck in "waking up".

I choose to just keep my eyes open, and enjoy life for what it is: a collection of subjective events which we can analyze to our own spectrum as we see fit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join