It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny chicks: an Evil plot to dumb down the next generation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Considering the amount of variable influence on weight, hip, and waiste sizes I think this "theory" is a bit of a reach. There are multiple other possible reasons that it would appear "skinnier" chicks and "plumper" chicks differ intellectually.

You also have to call into question exactly how they are measuring the "intelligence levels".

Women have more body fat because they are designed to bare children, which requires a "minimal" level of body fat to accomodate child bearing.

This is why extremely lean women have difficulties getting and staying pregnant.

Its possible that the differences between lean and thicker women intelligence levels aren't solely in the WHR or Omega3 levels but more in the lifestyle differences between the two different body types. (which there are many).

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't know about this. I've knows plenty of fat people that could be considered dumb as dirt, as well as skinny people. I don't think size has anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Studies of this nature sometimes are inherently flawed, simply due to the base mean of the selected demographic, and it doesn't account for exceptional cases.

On one hand, it's nice to see somehting positive about us "curvy ladies" in the news, especially considering the onslaught of the rail thin models.

(One of my best friends is a petite model - very, very tiny girl - and she's also one of the brightest and together people I know and a wonderful mother...)

As far as the conspiracy goes about using uber-thin women to brainwash the population?

Oh, man - I've thought about that theory a lot myself!

I don't think we can just say : skinny = good/curvy = bad or vice versa....people are still people at their core and deserving of individual considerations over stereotypical labels - regardless of where they fall on the scales.

But the advertising/modeling industry does present the image of glamourous, thin girls and women with fervor.

Moreso today than in the days of 90's "Heroin Chic".

When indunnuated with so many uber-tiny models in print everytime we turn around, it does begin to have an effect on the collective psyche of a population....and praising/worshipping two dimensional images of women or men over real people is never a good thing.

link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
well i say it is good that people are starting to understand that being thin is normal, and healthier than being fat.

Not necessarily. When people think 'fat' they automatically think 'morbidly obese', when that isn't always the case. If I'm 10 pounds over my "target weight", I'm considered fat even if I wear the same size clothes as someone 10 pounds lighter than me who is the same height. Those 10 pounds might be the difference between me looking like a normal human being and a stick figure with bones poking out all over the place, but I'm still considered overweight. Given the choice, I'll choose slightly overweight to looking like I might break in half if the wind hits me hard enough.

Healthy is healthy, regardless of the number on the scale. There are people who weigh 20 pounds more than I do who are healthier than I am. Just as there are people who weigh 20 pounds less who aren't as healthy as I am.

link   
well, this explains why Americans are the smartest people in the world ...

NO!

In history!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I personally do not think that being smarter is any advantage unless they actually use it.

From what I have seen of the "smart" Woman I know is they go to University, get a good job. Then proceed to become mindless consumers and follow everyone else.

What's the point of having a higher IQ if all you are going to do is "mimic and breed" Hell all animals do that.

I think you could say the same of the typical "smart" Man.

But there's a huge difference between being book-smart; being able to absorb information long enough to pass a test, and truly intelligent; being able to reason and draw correct conclusions on one's own. I also believe that our current views on intelligence are skewed to support the status quo of the public education system.

There's more to this study that's being ignored. Obviously, as another poster already mentioned, eating is a link to intelligence. Starve yourself and your cognitive functions are going to suffer. Starve your children by only feeding them what you think is healthy and your kids' cognitive functions are going to suffer.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
While on tour with a certain goth rock band I noticed the bands and the roadies all enjoyed the company of slightly bigger women, after awhile I found out why! Damn those gothic girls are something else especially when you find one that has a girl of her own

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You guys have completely missed the boat. He did not say fat asses as in obese women. He meant this. It has nothing to do with being overweight. It has everything to do with bone structure. My mother when she was young was 5'7 100 pounds, had a 26 inch waist and 40 inch hips. That is what this guy is talking about. This "WHR" can be present in thin women or obese women. It's a body shape issue. No amount of diet or exercise will change your fundamental bone structure. Eat all the omega 3's you want. It won't happen. Nor does dress size have a damn thing to do with it. Clothing sizes are completely subjective. They are determined by the manufacturer of a particular item. There is no set standard in the U.S. A true hour glass is going to have a very diffcult time finding clothing. Why? Because the rectangular body is the most common among women (example 36-30-36) and therefore most clothing is made with them in mind. That's not conspiracy, It's is a result of women not wearing corsets anymore. Women like to breathe. I cannot blame them for this. You may view an older survey here.. As for myself, I'm 5'7 and normally float around 135 pounds. I've been 190 pounds too. At 190 I was 45-34-45, at 135 I am around 37-26-37. That form stayed no matter my weight. Get all the extra padding you so desire, if you don't have that figure now you never will. Personally, I think he's reaching. I've seen plenty of thin, intelligent women who are not curvy.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You guys can keep your skinny chicks, I like em with curves
Nothin in the world like a full figured gal

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This thread is great. Starred and flagged. Also, in addition to the types of fat stored, and the omega 3 for brain growth (fish and hemp seed helps too), the entire nazi phobia against weight itself, is because malnourished hollywood look is not healthy. According to studies its healthier to be 10 lbs overweight than under, and womens bodies change after child birth to old age, plumper often keeps them younger looking and more radiant. Nutrition and health is about energy as well, and brain functioning.

They don't seem to want people to be healthy, to live very long, to outlive their usefulness to the slavery machine, and they also don't like people thinking.

In addition imagine everyone having enough unconditional love and self esteem to look beyond weight and attractiveness, and start to see beauty in all, in the eyes, souls, intellect of another, past race, past skin color, past religions, past size, shape and form. Why their whole system of divide and conquer might falter, and also, people who take good self care and have good self esteem, love others more, and see through the system better.

So its not all about butts! Omega 3 is a fish and seed thing as well, and its also good to explore ginko.

Great thread!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As time passes, I believe these studies will be found to be without merit.
Why? It doesn't make sense. It's only pretending to make sense, based on studies while common sense has taken leave.

Look around you at the people you know. I shall go look in the mirror.
Nope, it doesn't make sense.

I strongly disagree with the anorexic look that has been thrust on young women, and agree that a poor diet can lead to lack of energy, which might reflect productivity.

But as far as a basis determining intelligence?
~Are fat dogs smarter than thin dogs?
~Are fat men smarter than thin men?

I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Being overweight is extremely unhealthy...diabetes...heart attacks...breathing problems...etc. I should know, my brother is pushing 350lbs and he is short. When he walks DOWN the stairs he sounds like he ran a marathon. It is quite sad. He has no drive for life. I have been a petite woman my whole life and after my second child I did worry that I was overweight. The last 10lbs was the hardest to come off. I quit drinking soda and bam...the weight fell off. SODA IS THE DEVIL.

Some people are naturally skinny and some naturally larger. It is how we get to these weights that makes all the difference. Skinny or fat, eating healthy is what is important.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You guys are #ing morons the only reason you are attracted to fat women is because you are not attractive enough to get the cream of the crop, (Natural selection because that is all you will ever get is ugly people like you mentally and and in the flesh)
The smartest women are not fat bottom'd women as you describe them.
Get your facts straight before you post absolute crap like this, research your idea's before you try and get the rest of your retard followers to believe in this bull # what the # has happened to this site every day i come across more and more stupid # from you idiots

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Sounds like YOURE the only moron here...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

wow something a seven year old could have come up with intelligent reply did i hurt your feelings fatty lover or did i hit the home run so to speak

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Nope you dont bother me dude, I state this because anyone that has to resort to name calling an cussing like you did in your post to get your point across, really dont have much intelligence to speak of....no more then a caveman

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Awesome article, I am an hourglass figure, and I have to agree hourglass an pear shaped people are smarter all my female friends are pear and hour glass shaped. My cousin is a size 0 and built like a twig, and a twig is much smarter than her. There are always exceptions though. So I think this study needs to be taken lightly, there are smart skinny people just as there are dumb hour glass and pear people. Which doesn't mean your fat. There is a difference, you can be fat and look like a pillar off person, or you can have health fat and muscle deposits on your hips, and a small amount on your lower abdomen, which allows your abdomen to grow during pregnancy.

The offspring of women with larger hips could probably be attributed to nourishment. Supper skinny women are just not meant to have babies, their lack of fat suggests that they are lacking in nutrition to support another life. As well babies brains require high fat diets so that they can have enough energy to make synapses and proper hard wired connections in the brain. That's right people your babies look better in fat pants than skinny jeans. Its one of the reasons breast feeding is better than formula. Formula just doesn't have the proper fat needed to healthy brain development.

Needless to say there are people with naturally high metabolisms and cannot gain weight. A close friend of mine has been trying for a year to gain 10 pounds because she is naturally too skinny. to quote her " I'd rather be overweight than underweight, I can't gain a pound and its doing more damage to my body than being over weight." Teaching young girls that this is okay is sickening. I think the media should encourage a healthy weight. Being underweight is just as much as a health risk as being overweight. The main problem is that once your under weight for a long time your body adjusts and it becomes very hard to gain the weight back, in women it can be sever enough to cause sterilization, due the the lack of nutrition the ovaries acknowledge the mother is not fit to carry a child, and the menstrual cycle stops, or in some cases it become irregular, bleeding for weeks rather than days.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Atleast we're confident enough to not have to make people feel bad, since we're going there It seems your the odd man out, and you know what that means.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No matter how skinny or fat you are it is down to body shape,waist to hips ratio,small waist and bigger bum.I must be a ....... genius then,haha. You can weigh 180 pounds,and still have a small waist compared to your hips,and you can also be 110 pounds and still be considered curvy.Curvy means hour glass shape.Also i dont see how this issue has anything to do with obesity,as i don't live in America and please don't get me wrong the average size of girls here is 4-6. Just go in a store and try to find bigger size.I'm 114 pounds,i don't starve myself in any way,but nobody points fingers to me because most girls are my size.But what most people eat here is tomatoes,tomatoes and more tomatoes,peppers,and other fresh vegetables and fruit,and the biggest factor is money.Fresh vegetables and fruit are pretty cheap here and the average salary doesn't leave you with too much money to spend on junk food or fast food.The more society grows fat the more it obsesses with skinniness.What about the women a century ago who worked in the fields all day,with only bread and some soup,a bet they were pretty skinny but healthier then many today.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by adnachiel21]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think we should add it to the no service sign as a start..

No shoes, No shirt, No back...No service

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join