It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed CEO Admitted In His Deathbed Confession

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I once asked a former colleague of Ben Rich about some of Ben's comments and anecdotes that were included in his autobiography. The man (who had served as a high-level Lockheed flight-test manager at the Skunk Works and worked on a number of black programs at Area 51) said that, "Ben tended to fire for effect rather than accuracy." He implied that Ben's stories were often embellished.

Ben may have believed in extraterrestrial life and UFOs. I never talked to him about it. Kelly Johnson reported at least two UFO sightings.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I believe that one of the presidents of Lockheed made similar statements at a stockholders' meeting or something similar. But what the Hell, what could these Skunk Works guys possibly know about secret government triangles and alien spaceships? Say, Phage, could they possible know something you don't?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I was going to start a thread, but I'll just post it here. I have a feeling UFO's are spotted on radar and in flight near army and air force bases all the time. I'm talking every night. I have a feeling too that employees at air force and army bases look forward to their shift of maybe having a UFO sighting on radar, and not report it, because it is most likely ET. Kind of like seeing a ghost, a ghost plane.

I think if a UFO appearing on radar in the middle of the night had flight characteristics that were out of this world, and the event happened so fast, that you could easily pretend you didn't see anything, then I believe UFO sightings are happening all the time, and they go unreported.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

My grandfather was in the Airforce and after the war ended working for various aerospace companies. Because of his military credentials, he was in charge of several top secret projects, Lockheed Martin being one of his employers. He knew Mr.Rich personally, and answered to him directly for a brief time. Mr. Rich, and my grandfather traveled together on business related trips to Germany and Brazil, giving my grandfather a chance to get to know the man well enough to call a friend.

As a child, my grandpa spun incredible stories about aliens, UFO's, black budget projects, claiming he saw many of these things himself, and heard about other things when himself and a few execs were out having a few too many drinks (Rich was allegedly an alcoholic, or so he tells me). I never knew what to believe when I was a kid, and always thought my grandpa was just telling me tall tales. It wasnt until I was an adult and became once again interested in these matters did I ask him to re tell me these stories from my youth. twenty years later, and his stories didnt change even in the slightest. I expected him to mix up some details, but he told me word for word the same stories....

I know none of this makes a difference to any of you, but when I see something on ATS and my own flesh and blood corroborates the story, or even adds some cryptic info of his own with a nod and a wink, Im inclined to believe it. I can only imagine whats going on now, especially since the stuff he told me was work going on 40 years ago!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If this was reported by anything other than a UFO magazine (which I am amazed would even exist) I might buy into this.

When its a UFO magazine reporting on it, I have to admit I cannot possibly take it seriously.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
its all about money.
If the zero point energy gets out, electric companies are obsolete. Huge industries will collapse.

anything else is about domination. our tech is better than your tech so we run the world.

show me anything in human society that doesn't come down to greed or domination.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dR. kNOWITALL
If this was reported by anything other than a UFO magazine (which I am amazed would even exist) I might buy into this.

When its a UFO magazine reporting on it, I have to admit I cannot possibly take it seriously.

Why shouldn't UFO magazines exist? Dude I've seen a UFO, millions of people have seen UFO's, UFO's are real and if you can't see that, then your a fool. Or a counter-intelligence operative. which is it?

I can't take you seriously.
and you don't think 9/11 was fake either?

man the government lies to you. Get over it. You may think the good ol US of A could never be so dispicable, but lemme tell you, this isn't the good ol US of A, this is a goddamn fascist nightmare.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
I know none of this makes a difference to any of you, but

Not true... there are some of us who still consider eyewitness testimony to be of use. As a matter of fact my best leads come from such 'stories'

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So if a cooking magazine publishes a new recipe... or a history magazine publishes a tale about the OK Coral, I then assume you would not be able to take those seriously either?

Enjoy your bliss

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Unfortunately, there is truth in that. Many times though it's a case of too much dramatic license but the essential facts are true and compelling. This story has a lot of facts that have been floating around awhile and it's not very well constructed. Of course, it's an article about an article and I haven't read the MUFON story, so who knows, that may be very good.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, its not the same. When cooking magazines publish articles they don't make up facts, invent fake chefs and publish the "leaked!!!" secret recipes of Julia Child where she uses ingredients from Zeta Reticuli. UFO magazines and the like are published by people who want to make money from the gullible and people who may have a sincere interest in the subject but are willing to believe the most outrageous and implausible claims on face value.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
All I can say is this is I have two close relatives that both worked on projects once labeled black and while my uncle never had much to say in his role as an exotic materials welder. My grandfather only once did when I was may 10 say that his company was 20-50 years ahead of us. He never told me what that meant and I never asked him but I for one believe that thankfully there are much more informed and generally smarter people diligently working on keeping it so as I'm sure every country is.

As far as disclosure goes - yeah um not gonna happen unless aliens show up at the super bowl - publicly the United States has whats known as "air superiority" - if something so trivial as one guy burning Korans get's mentioned as endangering the war effort one can only imagine what the 'stans would turn aliens into "Allah's revenge on the Zionist airspace" would read the al j's headline.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
4+ pages of this topic and we still have no real proof that Ben Rich ever say any of these things, aside of course from an unsubstantiated reference in MUFON's pay-to-subscribe journal?

I was just going to say something similar. Having read through it, it doesn't sound like Ben Rich knew anything. He supposed a lot (if some of those quotes are accurate) but that's it.

That we may have the ability to go all Star Trek isn't a shock. Stanton Friedman worked on nuclear propulsion in the 60's. He says we have the means, it just needs the funding. None of that strikes me as particularly alien.

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

--Again, this does not imply alien technology. That's our wishful thinking.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni because: Adding to it for emphasis.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

From Phil Patton's "Dreamland"

pg. 162

As Andrew's interest in flying saucers grew, his letters to Ben Rich and others are the Skunk Works irritated them even more. Then Rich finally sent Andrews and Goodall that letter in which he admitted, "Yes, I believe in UFOs, and so did Kelly Johnson.
"Yes", Rich continued, "I call them UnFunded Opportunities" - in other words, Lockheed ideas the damn fool Air Force wouldn't pay for. It was a joke, and not a kind one.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Turiddu]

This is how I interpreted the letter when I first read it.
With out duplicating I'll just say I agree with Turiddu comments.

I also have questions if these death bed claims were true.
If we can go to the stars now, with man made UFO's why are we spending billions of dollars on stones?
Stones meaning tomahawk missiles, un manned stealth planes, scram jet engines, aurora or whatever when we already have the ultimate??

I think many are giving too much credit to ideas that are just in movies.

I'm sure many at Lockheed Martin believe that ET UFO's may exist, that is how idea's come to be. Of course there are man's UFO's because new craft are developed that the public does not have a clue on
but we just are not even close for star travel when we are rethinking moon travel and mars travel.

There was a good special on tv I saw on the evolution of technology.
The Day After Roswell History Channel Documentary
all the advancements that were claimed by reverse engineered are untrue when scientists involved at the time, who credit hard work, not alien contact, with these technological advances.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My father worked for Lockheed Martin for many years, and still does consulting for companies such as Boeing, Sikorsky, etc. However, he almost never talked about what he worked on, except for when he was on the Raptor project, and even then, he didn't say much (though he was pretty excited in mentioning a VTOL adaptation for it)... That still remains though, as the ONE time he did...and I never really know what to believe of what he says.

Thing is though, in my years as a Lockheed brat, I did have a friend whose father previously worked at the Groom Lake facility (or at least that's what he called it, when talking about it...or alternately, Nellis)... He said that when he asked his dad about work, he was told, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you...but I can't." (his dad was my dad's boss, by the way, when I lived in Riyadh).

So, tall tales almost seem to be par for the course for these guys, but since it's all secret, you never know how much to believe (also all do seem to be a bit heavy for the sauce...not sure why that is...)

I'm looking forward to reading the memoir though...should just be a few days...

edit on 9-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

4+ pages of this topic and we still have no real proof that Ben Rich ever say any of these things, aside of course from an unsubstantiated reference in MUFON's pay-to-subscribe journal?

In this interview Steven Greer says "it's been confirmed by Dr. Hal Puthoff and other people who were also at this meeting." He doesn't say which meeting though...

I think these Ben Rich quotes could just be more stories from Greer.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
If the zero point energy gets out, electric companies are obsolete. Huge industries will collapse.

Usually the reverse happens when new technology is introduced. When transistors began to replace vacuum tubes in electronics, the entire electronics industry didn't fold up. It expanded exponentially. And when cars replaced horses, the saddle industry didn't vanish. The same thing would happen if zero point energy was introduced. Massive expansion everywhere, including space. And if an oil company wants to stay in business, it just has to re-invest in the ZPE business.

It's called progress, and everybody wants to make money from it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So, tall tales almost seem to be par for the course for these guys, but since it's all secret, you never know how much to believe (also all do seem to be a bit heavy for the sauce...not sure why that is...)

Yeah, it seems to be a kind of subculture among these folks to spin various wild tales with essentially nothing to back them up. Sometimes they get believed, sometimes not. John Lear seems to have been part of that whole game, also. Rumors get started somehow and circulate, and because somebody is a general you tend to think they know what they're talking about, or know something you don't, when the reality is they're just as clueless as anybody else about this stuff.

I've also heard it explained that people like AFOSI sometimes drop crazy stories into the mix in order to try and track security leaks. I don't know.

The only thing that matters is whether or not they're able to cough up some good, verifiable proof. Proof talks, B.S. walks. And it doesn't matter if somebody is a janitor or a four-star general.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: My grammar is atrocious.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

if a collection of video and eyewitness testomony is all that required for proof i just watched a film called for your eyes only and wasnt aware it was a disclosure project film untill after the first 10 mins

after that i turned it off, but it was put together very well and showed nasas own footage
news paper articals and eyewitness tesomony but also footage in ultra voielet that records in sprectrums we cannot see with the naked eye of a teather incident

if people see the information contained in the film in a concise way (condenced)
then people will have a new passion, of the beautiful and complex nature of cantact with life on another spectrum

the information has always been there difference is now with the internet and alternate forms of mass information exchange the most important information eventually comes to the top

the truth floats and requires debunking

xploder

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well said people don't riot from fear and panic. Yes they may steal and hoard water and supplies and try to head for the hills in mass causing chaos. People riot when their team wins a championship as an excuse to cause destruction and steal appliances. If claims are real it's unfortunate that at some point we will have to rely on the government to tell us what the others intentions will be.

Peace...........yak055h

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join