It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do highly educated, succesfull people conciously choose to worship satan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

Maybe I should explain myself a little better by telling you how I understand what is written in the bible.

The way I understand it is that there is satan and he is pissed at God and wants to distroy everything which is dear to Him.

Second, God will win in the end and satan and his followers will be punished for a very long time in a very unpleasent way.

Furthermore I would like to add that I do not think that educated and bright people are stupid people....just stupid concerning the choice they make when they prefer satan over God.......I assume that they are aware of the fact that they will be punished in the end.....according to the bible that is.

And I think it is a little cheap of you to start talking about my lack of respect for my fellow man. You see a gap for mis-understanding my use of the word stupid and want to humiliate me with it.....this way of sharing thought says more about you than about me.....which is that you are probably not that educated as you say you are.

Anyways...you take it all very personal and you are not able to answer my question objective...

What kind of answer is this ...quote "Whatever that's big enough to enter your intellect is a lie, i see"

Why do you want to humiliate me with these answers...? What did I do to you to deserve such answers?

It is clear that your thought are of no value to me...

Thanks but no thanks.
'

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Sorry this is just so funny. I can't help but laugh!
www.usbible.com...
More Christian paranoia. Satan is an Angel.
www.usbible.com...
Read it and weep!
www.beingjewish.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I didnt read through all of this thread, tho...

First you all have to understand that the biblical so called god is no real god...

Here is a qoute i made once in another thread:

According to Hermetic tradition, the direct, albeit unwilling cause of this catastrophe which affects us to this day, was Moses.
Everybody knows that Moses appeared floating in a basket down a river and was subsequently adopted, deceiving the Egyptian priests of the time. They took him for an Egyptian and initiated him into the mysteries of ritual magic, which is a method for making the key notes of Nature vibrate, and thus produce certain phenomena which the operator wishes to achieve.
... In spite of his esoteric identification with Egyptian magic, Moses was always loyal to his ancestral blood. Thus, his most powerful wish was to make himself the leader who would free his people from enslavement, leading them to the promised land. Guided by this desire, and conscious of the powerful forces he had learned to control, Moses had a daring idea: to make a magic pact or alliance with an angel, a divine creature charged with the task of providing him with power and assistance from heaven to save his people.
After lengthy preparations done in deep solitude, he performed the ritual ceremony with magic words and corresponding invocations. In the midst of amazing atmospheric and terrestrial phenomena, an impressive being appeared, making Moses tremble with fear and panic, due to the tremendous force it projected. It will never be possible to know or even imagine the conditions under which the pact between man and heaven was made.
The angel agreed to everything Moses requested and promised his help, demanding the strictest obedience in return. He revealed his name as Y., and requested that as a sign of union, all his followers should undergo a small ritual surgical operation, with a light discharge of blood. Every man who underwent this would come to be a son of Y.

The blood that was shed sealed the pact. From that day forward, Moses was invested with superhuman powers and started doing all kinds of magical feats, converting the Ark of the Covenant into the center of his power. Plagues and calamities fell over Egypt, and non-believers and rebels were struck down by the wrath of Y In this manner, Moses' people started the Exodus that would last forty years.
Later, Y., the occult power behind the leader, suddenly started to change his procedures by formulating strange demands, all of which had the shedding of blood as the common denominator. Moses was overcome with fear and started to become aware of the magnitude of the error he committed. He then understood that the divine angel was in truth an angel of darkness, the complete opposite of the luminous power he had intended to invoke. This infernal angel was a member of the host of shadows. In order to maintain its power and strength, this vampire needed to feed on human blood, an essence charged with the vitality conferred by the divine spark. This is why all through the Exodus, so many blood-shedding incidents occurred, provoked by the occult dictator. In reality, who was Y.?

One could say he was a very ancient being whose evolutionary origin is unknown. Through long periods of cosmic time, this being kept his individuality, but unfortunately his evolution was directed toward negative, dark, and destructive aspects; much like a human being who grows bitter with the passing of time and adopts a negative and destructive concept of life. Many beings similar to Y. exist in the Universe. Fortunately, the magnetic defenses of the planet constitute an impenetrable barrier against those beings. However, Moses' magic ritual opened a door and cleared a pathway through which Y. was able to penetrate into the Earth. It is possible to see this as the most transcendental, but unfortunately harmful event in the occult history of humanity.
The tradition transmitted by the great Hermetic Masters affirms that at a crucial moment in the history of humanity, a powerful diabolic Archangel, if we are allowed to call him thus, succeeded in penetrating the earth's occult defenses and entered its atmosphere, provoking extreme disturbances....

This is qouted from the book "The stellar man" by John Baines, 2002

Then there are alot of artist that made their affirmation to lu public...
Have a look into this videos about the occult in the music industry.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

then the question is why do they still do that?

My point on this that even they have been decepted by this intelligences.
Or they are "so well educated", they are in the know that the dark side is the ruler in this world...?

Also i should add that everyone of you should read the books of armin risi, dunno if they are availabe in english, but in german they are on scribd... (the stellar man too!)

Peace!

Jim

edit on 10-9-2010 by JimIrie because: add another writer...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Because they're smart. If I were to join a faction of any type it would be luciferian. Free will and the constant gaining of knowledge is much more comforting than a god who loves me, but if I disobey I get to burn in the lake of hell fire. I guess Bill Hicks would be there if it existed, boy I hope it is actually Bill Hicks is a genius.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My question to some of you is this: Why does a belief in Satan make you a liar and a thief?

How do you know for a fact that the bible is 100% fact?

Because somebody told you so?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

ok thats your opinion..that theres no hell where bad ones will burn.. like "if a tree falls down in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound." you obviously think the bible is a bunch of crap...to tell you the truth the prophecies on it has been right so far..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
reply to post by colloredbrothers

ok thats your opinion..that theres no hell where bad ones will burn.. like "if a tree falls down in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound." you obviously think the bible is a bunch of crap...to tell you the truth the prophecies on it has been right so far..

what makes you say its his opinion and not the truth?

because you think your bible says otherwise?

matter fact it doesn't

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hold a philosophy of having the best of both worlds, so if you're gonna worship God, you might as well also have Satan. It's like saying you want to be good, but not afraid to be bad, this starts to make sense when you realize that what society views as bad (having a good time, doing what you want, thinking for yourself) is really good. But I also apply this philosophy in a metaphysical way: I believe in a spiritual nature, but I also want to know the physical nature. I want to be physically rich and spiritually rich; wise and feel-good.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some people just cant handle the fact that they are an irrelevant product of random co-incidence. They feel the need to invent a scenario where their existence is part of a plan and has some larger importance. These people need to 'believe'.

If you have that hole in your head that needs 'belief' to fill it, then pretty much anything can lodge itself in there. Satan, God, L.Rons Happy Gang, next door neighbours labrador etc.

Theres enough deluded people on this rock believing enough tosh that some small sub-set are bound to be successful satanists. Theres probably an albino dwarf successful satanist somewhere....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
...... He is known as the great deciever and his biggest lie is
that he doesnt exist. ...........

And the Church's greatest lie was that he does.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Did anyone post yet about how ridiculous this question is?

If so, then nevermind.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Some people just cant handle the fact that they are an irrelevant product of random co-incidence. They feel the need to invent a scenario where their existence is part of a plan and has some larger importance. These people need to 'believe'.

If you have that hole in your head that needs 'belief' to fill it, then pretty much anything can lodge itself in there. Satan, God, L.Rons Happy Gang, next door neighbours labrador etc.

Theres enough deluded people on this rock believing enough tosh that some small sub-set are bound to be successful satanists. Theres probably an albino dwarf successful satanist somewhere....

"The stage is too big for the drama." ~ Richard P. Feynman

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

After 9/11, there was a PBS special: “what is evil?” and watching it, I thought, ‘no, they don’t understand’; a book on the topic was published since, as well as several newspaper essays, when the kids blew up columbine, but I haven’t seen an explanation yet that rings true for me. I wonder if I understand. (i wonder what you think of my explanation…) First, there’s “akrasia”, (“akratic action is an action against an intention to perform an action of a particular type here and now, the most challenging species of incontinent action.”) this doesn’t really interest me; it’s just lack of self‐control of the human appetites. I think there’s much more to evil. Akratic action is the human will pushed by external stresses into what it wished to avoid. Demonic action is the religion of evil. When I read the newspaper and I feel like becoming enraged, I amaze myself at the one‐sidedness of all the news coverage – a sniper starts killing people, and all the newscasts say he’s the bad guy. Maybe I’m the world’s most open‐minded liberal, but it seems to me it’s a difference of opinion – some guy says certain people should die, others say they should have lived. How can everyone be so sure who’s right, if they’re really objective and honest? It’s usually just a difference of opinion or conflict over access to resources. Russian 19th century radicals argued that a legality based on property rights (such as our culture takes for granted) is evil, contrasting it with a healthy tight‐knit simple society in the woods. Then there’s the quote I have by a survivor of the Nazi concentration camps who won the Nobel prize for literature several years ago, well worth considering: “…and please stop saying that Auschwitz cannot be explained, the product of irrational, incomprehensible forces, because there is always an explanation for wrong doing: it’s quite possible that Satan himself, like Jago, is irrational; his creations, however, are rational creatures indeed; their every action is as soluble as a mathematical formula: it can be solved by reference to an interest, greed, sloth, desire for power, lust, or cowardice, to one or another self‐indulgence, and if to nothing else, then, finally to some madman, paranoia, sadism, lust, masochism, demiurgic or other megalomania, necrophilia, or – what do I know – some other perversity or perhaps to all of them simultaneously. On the other hand, and this is important, what is really irrational and what truly cannot be explained is not evil but, contrarily, the good.”
But years ago I found a line in Buddhism that captured my imagination: the Buddha said “look around you. Except for action for the purpose of sacrifice, all men are constrained to action; therefore, act free from attachment, for no reason.” in the mid‐80’s I met Belial, the unholy spirit, and the religion of evil. I got it from early Megadeth, early Metallica, mid‐to‐late death, middle entombed, and vision of disorder (that’s all 80’s and 90’s stuff, I guess these days it’s Linkin Park). Anyway, the difference here is the irrational element; evil as religious practice.
“Killer, intruder, homicidal man, if you see me coming run fast as you can; bloodthirsty demon is stalking the streets, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat; bloodthirsty demon, sinister fiend; bludgeonous slaughter, my evil deed… my hammer’s a cold piece of blood‐lethal steel, I laugh as you writhe in the pain that I deal; swinging my hammer I hack through your head, bodies in line, next to be dead, I unleash my hammer, with sadistic intent. Pounding, surrounding, slamming through your head… yeah!… bodies to rot in agony and pain, I mangle their face till no features remain, a bread for the butchering I cut them to shreds, first take out the organs then cut off their heads! Remains of the butchering sop under my feet, one more bloody massacre this not a nice act’s complete. I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend; bloodbath’s my way of getting clean! I lurk in the alley, wait for the kill…. I have no remorse for the blood that I spill… a merciless butcher who lives underground, I’m out to destroy and I will cut you down… I see you, and I’m waiting… for black Friday!” Megadeth sold a lot of albums. I went to several concerts – it was like a cult.
Around that time I came up with the concept of doing ‘good deeds for the purpose of evil’, and announcing it this way after the fact. Working extra hours, being extra helpful – I once caught a bank robber in New York City, when I was a bike messenger. I had to testify in front of the grand jury. The DA was thrilled, and when it came to asking why I had bothered to help, I really freaked her out. (About half the people I said this to were really upset by it, the other half were simple pragmatists.) I once told my wife about this concept, and said I had stored my good deeds that day in the eggs in our refrigerator, where I would convert them to evil overnight and then offer them to Satan in the morning. My wife cried, took all the eggs out of the refrigerator and then threw them out the 4th floor apartment window on to the sidewalk below. I said ‘no problem, I’ll just do more good deeds tomorrow’, and that just drove her crazy. When the quotes from neighbors on the news – “ I can’t believe I lived next door to someone who was capable of such a thing”, come out, I always think to myself, “Well, I’m capable, and I’m right here!” vertigo of possibility, Sartre called it; "all the knives in this restaurant could be used to create quite the bloody mess." I reserve the right to kill everybody. I even fantasize when venting the reptilian core of my mind, but I also realize that there’d be consequences to my actions, (that’s the cortex overcoming the core).
Shakespeare’s line is “let him fly; the curses he shall have, the tortures he shall feel, will break the back of man, the heart of monster”.
When I was bike messenger in New York City, I once noticed a huge group of cops in uniform, maybe a hundred or so, their backs to the public, as they participated in some sort of ceremony on Park Ave. Vertigo of possibility – one bike messenger with an automatic weapon to the backs of all their heads, what a ruckus that’d cause! And then he gets away on the bike in all the confusion of a city he knows the ins and outs of so well! And all for no reason! That’s evil. But is it human? I realize the following reasoning is somewhat akin to ‘the devil made me do it’, necessarily dismissed by a pragmatic culture, but see what you think… I have a long‐term pet psychosis, which serves me well: I have two souls, one human and one demon. In the demon world my family and I do much more than just evil. We live together in a commune, work together, help each other; but we also go on killing safaris against other demons and humans, as simply considered there as if humans here were to go on vacation, stand in a stream, and go fishing. It’s a cult our commune is a part of – we plant black holes in the universe and detonate them during wartime in the demon world. We kill like monsters, not ‘moral people’; we are the source of cancer in people (we’re just playing a game with you, really. It’s a test, on how you manage your immune system). At this point you may think I’ve gone off the deep end, because in our culture, the people are fond of saying the ‘demons’ aren’t real; “flesh and blood, flesh and blood, nothing else is real!” (duh!) The demons say the people aren’t real. But I think both sides are lying, as would any two sides at war with each other over worldly resources may well be expected to do. Because I am a shaman, and straddle both worlds, and my spiritual guide is the universe itself, which holds both light and dark like a big yin‐yang symbol – made up of brilliant balls of light and vast swaths of darkness, as well as the ultimately dark ‘black holes’ – I let my being be the unification of the opposites. Light and dark. Demon world and human world.
Knowing all this, I watched a special on a kid who killed some other kids at his school. I found there was a huge lack of understanding in the courtroom: his mother had ‘left him behind’ when he was very young – he thinks that’s why it all happened; I think he’s onto something, but it’s much more complex. He said “I don’t know what happened in my core”; here’s what I think happened – a schizotypal person pursues mysteries of every kind and composes solutions; he’s a mystagogue, a hierophant. And shamans know that the scene of a hierophany opens a hole between the worlds. God can look down, and demons can crawl up through the hole. Graham Nash (“a beautiful mind”) was working on mathematical mysteries, and several characters came out to haunt him with their unreal stories. I’ve seen many schizophrenia patients in the hospitals completely given over to these demons that come out from this hole at the center of the mind, the ‘gates of hell’, the demon world. I know these demons well, but I use my own energy to keep them caged, so that I can hold a job and pass through society accessing resources without anyone suspecting. But it does take energy. And energy fluctuates in life. Stressful situations tax the energy supply, and the prison walls in the mind can falter, can even collapse. The kid in court admitted that he had smiled as he shot down his classmates. “were you crazy?” a tv interviewer asked. “I don’t think so – that’s not the word,” he said, “it’s more like an out of body experience.” he said he smiled because he ‘belonged’. He ‘belonged’ to the spirit of evil, the demon world. There had been a humiliation by a teacher. The shield went down during the subsequent energy drop, and the demon world leaked out – “all hell broke loose”. “was it bullying?”, the interviewer asked. He looked surprised – “of course not.” He had put Linkin park lyrics in his farewell letter. He says he’s sorry, and cries, and says it was worse on his side of the gun – even he doesn’t understand. The concept of unity, like the yin‐yang symbol in Taoism, (which grew out of eastern shamanism), actually pre‐dates the rather recent attempted splitting of mankind’s nature into ‘good’ and ‘evil’, which first occurred in Zoroastrianism, and evolved into the judeo‐christian‐islamic culture much of our world is caught up in today.
For me, the universe we are so graciously presented with is the truest ‘bible’, and in astrophysics there’s no such thing as ‘evil’ or ‘ruins’; when a star explodes, we call it a ‘supernova’, enriching the interstellar medium with heavy elements previously concealed in the stellar core. And we don’t think of the exploding universe as an initial singularity in ‘ruins’ destroyed by evil.
I saw a copy of New Scientist had an article on just this, so I read it. They point out that a violent person has a tendency to have diminished activity in the orbitofrontal cortex, and yes, they are still human. But the fascinating point is that my demon theory fits right in between the lines of that article. They say yes, the violent offenders can be spotted on the brain scan, but not the serial killers!. They admit that, though violent, antisocial behavior based on a low‐functioning orbitofrontal cortex is genetic, the serial killer type is not. Those people have the same functioning on a pet scan as everyone else. What they do tend to have is a history of child abuse as a kid, or atleast a hard childhood. This is what is known to create a schizotypal mind, which is what creates the storm that astrates the hole to the demon world. They ask, "so what does the serial killer lack?", compared to regular people. They answer "empathy", but they're way off. The answer is energy. If you can show empathy in the appropriate situation, if your survival or your access to resources counts on it, you do what you have to do. That's why the serial killer can get away with it for so long... They act normal, have a wife and kids. In the movie "Taking Lives", the serial killer fits the profile here perfectly. So do I.
The movie "Exorcism of Emily Rose" had my family calling me, pointing out the similarities between me and Emily Rose. More recently, the movie 1408 ‐ a horror movie ‐ was the latest thing I've seen to describe what the demon world, or schizophrenia, is like, for people who have never had the experience. I tell people now that my mind is like room 1408, only I can enter and leave as I choose, and of course I've taken the tack I have, instead of meds. The character in the movie reaches for the 'meds' of an 800 dollar liquor bottle, but after pouring it over his head in the chaos, out of desperation, and to no avail, the hero eventually triumphs by doing what I do: learning to rule over the demon world.
My brother in law and my first sister, Glorianne, were starting a family, with a one and a two year old, and a third on the way. I was staying with them on my weeks off from my trainer consulting job, living the life of a stay‐at‐home uncle, with the stay‐at‐home‐dad, who's real passion was teaching bible study on Sunday nights with a small group of adults. He would really come alive as a presenter in that couple of hours, I noticed.
And I noticed that maybe he had some kind of magic that I didn't. So I followed his "way", became deeply Catholic, read the lives of the saints, used my father's Roman Catholic Breviary, the prayer book that priests use several times a day for official readings. (I had his original for 1965, the last year he was a priest, before I was born in '66.)
So how about a "reason why" for evil, allowed on earth by God?, several authors were asking. The tree at the center of the garden was never to be touched, it was a test. Maybe to make the devil feel bad, teach him a lesson, 'cause if everyone just ignored him and ignored the tree, don't you think that would hurt the devil's feelings, and have an effect on evil itself? Or, I once heard the story of a man who took three younger girls and put them into a different country where they couldn't speak the language, and was hoping one would become his mate, after being "purified" by this process. Maybe this is what god is doing with us, putting us in a test situation, giving us a clue, and hoping we find our way back to him. Or these were my thoughts last year, when I was going through the Catholicism myself; for about one year, I thought that a catholic spirituality I had discovered was the most effective part of a cure that also included closer family ties, prayer, (I went pretty far with it, taking only cold showers, going to mass several times a week), and I could hear the angels talking to me during mass, during communion ‐ voices, but nothing like the regular ones in tone or nature of the material, rather they were teaching me how to pray, and showing me heaven.
I had gone to midnight mass with my devout brother‐in‐law and their whole family, and because I see visions in my head in the evening, this two or three hour mass was quite an event for me, and after it was over I said it had been like an exorcism. I thought I had seen a writhing cat come out of my shoulder and fly up into the church ceiling and the next night when I went to sleep to look in the demon world, everyone was gone; like showing up in New York City after a nuclear bomb or something. Just saw one demon left, deep underground in an old building, sitting at a desk, writing. It was a good year, and I was increasingly normal, but it also cost me more energy than is sustainable I think.
The following Easter, for two nights leading up to it I had intense dreams of demon interventions, and during the second Easter vigil mass it was intense as ever, but coming out after I was again maniacal, like a demon. My visions behind the eyes got more and more intense over the course of that year. My brother in law tried to counsel me saying "if you’re in a place that God is pleased with, the devil has to worry about you, and work on you harder". And maybe it was true, because after that second Easter I broke up with my girlfriend and then quit going to church and went back pretty much to my old set of beliefs, (crazy, unique esoteric stuff based on shamanism, astrophysics, and whatever else!), and my family seems disappointed, and think I’m insane, I think, but I feel this is me, this is where I’m supposed to be, and that ultimately I am actually against what the catholic religion was doing to me. For a while I loved it, and was saying that all schizophrenic people should try it, that the Catholic Church was "by schizophrenics, for schizophrenics". Curiously I had an idea while watching "Terminator 3". Man against machine. Man creates machine but then machine gets carried away and threatens to takeover, and we of course all root for mankind to win the battle. Our human brains have a reptilian core, then a mammalian cortex that surrounds it. What came first? The core! Then should we be rooting in any way for the cortex to take over, against the core? Wouldn't that be like machines taking over man? Core vs. Cortex. The core came first, it should be the cortex for the core; machines for man. The word "catholic" means all inclusive. But they exclude demons (not to mention other people's dissenting ways of life, though that doesn't apply to me). Should they be "exorcizing" demons? "Destroying" demons? "Aborting" demons (as they say Judas did)? What came first, demons or religion? Core or cortex? Man or machine? Shouldn't it be, then, religion for the demons, rather than trying to kick the ladder out from under itself? This "call" to "heaven" that my brother in law speaks of, why is this something we should listen to? Maybe it's like we're all pine trees, in a field, and a lumberjack comes along and "calls" several of the trees, to "give up" their roots in the soil, the underworld, and fly away to a "better place" where all the other trees that have been disappearing from the field have already gone? We are from the earth, this is our home, and I’m not going anywhere. I love the human world, and I love the demon world, these are all creatures in the same situation, all in need of help. No one should be excluded in true perfection. My experience of devout Catholicism taught me that Jesus is powerful magic, a powerful shaman, but how fair is it? How one‐sided? Kill the demons? Abort them? Exorcize them? They are part of the everything! And a truly magical, beatific jet can 'hold high the broken bowl' and bring enlightenment to all, demons included. The bible progresses like a beautiful dream, , but I think it leaves out realities so fundamental that it is as if you got up in the morning and planned your week without allowing for food or sleep. The need for these things would gradually creep in and obstruct the fulfillment of the original plan. And so I think it is with the demons, controversial and unpleasant as this idea may be. So do you "exorcize" the hunger and the sleepiness? Fight it and pray for it to go? Wouldn't it be more effective to allocate it its proper place in the creation of the initial plan?
It is as if the universe itself, made up of brilliant balls of light and vast swaths of darkness as well as the ultimately dark 'black holes', decided to pray only for light. Beautiful suns would light up, and at first it would seem like wonderful magic, but something about this is not right. Darkness, even black holes, are an integral part of this universe we are so graciously presented with. Could it be this universe is our truest "bible", revealing unimaginable beauty and power, as an infinite guide and even a role‐model ‐ the human spirit as a microcosm of the universe, which contains within it two opposites, and uses it's very being as a unification of these opposites? "
edit on 17-2-2011 by onderdonk because: took out extraneous numbers from source material

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Imagine being an innocent victim of:

Witch Burnings
Spanish Inquisition
Religious Wars
Other oppressive/cruel religious doctrines

Factor in reincarnation.... And there is your answer.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

A dreadful acharnment marked the war on both sides; an acharnment of long held vengence and maddening rememberances. These aganbite-deadeners did their long night worst, mountain and desert suffering all manner of latrociny and depradation, but that little voice in the dark, oh, throb, throb it went across abovetopsecret.com.

-(w)onderdonk(ey)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well,

Real satanists don't believe in the "Devil" so your view is obviously skewed by thinking those people are sacrificing animals and drinking blood. Satanists believe in having no regrets about the little things in life, basically hedonism.

You want that big cookie? You eat that big cookie. You don't care about getting married or having kids and the social restraints that come with it? Then you just don't. Feel like doing something? Then do it.

It's about caring for your self, being your own God. I'm sure someone already posted this same reply but I only read the first page and last
Oh.. silly religion...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I'm not sure how old this thread or your post is. I found it after googling a name out of curiosity. I met Tom Garguilo on MULTIPLE occasions. I saw his presentation many times. I watched a pentacostal congregation get so sucked in by his music and story that one member spewed out "words" in a language I'd never heard. He had the entire state of Georgia and beyond as a captive audience in the mid 1980s. I have a couple of his albums (on cassette). I sat and chatted with him AT LENGTH. I helped him break down and carry out his sound system after shows. I was in my teens at the time. Sadly, I'm not quite so sure he was straight up with us. There is absolutely no mention of any man named Tom Garguilo associated with Wild Cherry anywhere on the internet except in your post, or in any published history of the group that I have come across, and he definitely is not the voice we hear on "Play That Funky Music". The history I've found said that the lead singer he claimed to have replaced was the founder of the group, and never left until Wild Cherry broke up. (watch the video on Youtube - it AIN'T Tom Garguilo). Tom's singing voice sounded nothing like the lead singer from Wild Cherry, even though he claimed to sound just like him. Tom claimed that after the drugs ruined his vocal chords, God restored his voice and it didn't sound the same anymore. Uhhuh. As much as I wanted to, and continue to want to believe Tom's claim, evidence simply tells me he was an imposter who invented a story for profit off of the church. Whether his evidence of "backmasking" is real or not (and he was not the only traveling evangelist preaching a similar sermon at the time - another was having church members bring in and destroy record albums) may never matter. If he isn't who he claimed to be, his entire ministry has lost credibility and my respect.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well, I have known a few highly successful people in my time, and have never met anyone who said anything about Satan. In fact, the only people I ever hear talking about, and supporting Satan are Christians! They talk about Satan all the time.

That being said, has anyone considered perhaps Satan is the real God, after all, and the one thought of as the real God is really the Devil? All Satan ever really did was tell Eve the truth of the matter, when God clearly lied to her. All those things with Job were at God's command, remember.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't think Lucifer would just randomly change his name to Satan. Just is the hebrew word Yahweh uses when he points at Lucifer and calls him "Satan"/"Adversary". And adversary doesn't necessarily mean evil. Come on, if Yahweh dealt with two rebellions from his own angels (which is to say minor deities), means something is wrong with the administration. Like oh, Yahweh is a tyrant perhaps. Plus as far as I know, Yahweh broke many covenants placed by the old deities, just so he could gain power.

Now I don't take Satan/Lucifer as my leader mind you. But I certainly don't side with Yahweh.

And the whole calling him "God" thing is simply a retarded church advertisement ploy. Would you want to be called Man (or Woman) as your official title and name? Freakin call him by his name, Yahweh. Cause there is more then one god amongst the deities.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY
My question to some of you is this: Why does a belief in Satan make you a liar and a thief?

How do you know for a fact that the bible is 100% fact?

Because somebody told you so?

You might be surprised at home many of our membership actually does believe that the Bible is 100% fact, and some think written by Jesus, as I was told just a few days ago. I would say that 95% of Christians do say what they are instructed to say, and believe what they are told to believe by preachers posing as "men of God," who have the
Holy Spirit," and can "Interpret the Scripture" for you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join