It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do highly educated, succesfull people conciously choose to worship satan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought
reply to post by zatara

If by intelligent, you mean they accept all the 'education' that is blindly
thrown at them, I would have to disagree with the definition of intelligent.
Most academia blindly accept 'the Charles Darwin Theory of Evolution'.
If a person researches for theirself, they find out that Mr. Darwin wrote
an additional 15 books plus Origin of the Species; and he published a
notebook of notes along with every book he wrote. Mr. Darwin had started
his career of higher learning in England, but got busted for staying out past
curfew one night. His punishment was he could not leave for the next
four years, so he chose to leave, period. So much for his career as a
minister. Disappointed his dad, too (who was a minister).
So, off goes beach boy Chuckie to try to find some order in his world
where he was boss, and nobody else. Mr. Charles Darwin RECANTED
his 'theory' of evolution before he died, and said: "I firmly believe that
all human beings descended from Adam and Eve". End of Story

Can you prove he said that on his death bed? I don't believe he said that when he died.
That is actually false information you provided.
www.talkorigins.org...

"Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. He never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. We think the story of his conversion was fabricated in the U.S.A. . . . The whole story has no foundation whatever.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i think you might be slightly confused. Satan and lucifer are not the same being. i do agree that there is a large population of successful and intellectual people that have satanic beliefs but i think historically this has been a belief more in the undermining of what they believe to be a foolish and oppressive belief system than actually a worship of satan. whether or not satan is real i do not know but if he is real then he's doing a pretty solid job here on earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You are welcome to go to your nearest library, check out the book
"Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin, and read it for yourself.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

I would do that then. Charles Darwin is one of my favorite authors of scientific thought. I believe in evolution more then biblical text that has been plagiarizer from other religions.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
So why are these 'bright' people so stupid? Afterall they choose a brief period of 'happyness', fame, wealth or power over eternal life. Worse....to burn eternally.

Who exactly are you talking about?
Please give some examples.

K

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

To be honest I am not sure because these peolple never called me up and told me that they are about to join the church of satan.

Ah,
so you don't actually have any evidence?

But if i should belief what is happening at the skull and bones and the bohemian grove you can say that something sinister is going on there.

Ah,
so all you have is web pages talking about a secret society?

The people who are initiated there are succesfull and rich....or come from a rich and succesfull family. These people should have no reason at all to join societies like that.....if you'd ask me.

So do you have any evidence they worship Satan ?

G

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Are they actually/willfully 'worshiping' Satan or are they all deciding that the GØD thing is total BS

educated people --as you call them-- are just people that do not accept
the servant/sinner mode they are forced to accept of themselves...

these are cognizant minds that aren't falling for the rationalizations of the 'believers' (duped at that) which attaches/fixiates to the idea that they are lesser individuals
because they like to eat rich foods/imbibe in some liquors/engage in progressive sexual experiences...to cite a few things viewed as despotic !

hell, 40 years ago 'Baptists' of the younger Female persuasion were not allowed to listen to 'Rock-N-Roll', wear lipstick or face make-up, engage with non-Baptist 'Boys' on outings or 'dates'

++++++++++++++++++++

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Lucifer is the Morning Star (Venus) and is described as the Illuminated One.

Satan, as it were, is the gnostic equivalent of Prometheus... bringing the gift of knowledge (Fire) to mortal men from Mount Olympus (Tree of Knowledge)

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
'Christianity' as the Pauline hoax so ironically is called in the west, has ever been an enemy of knowledge of all kinds. You can't keep up brainwashing and manipulation in a reasonably well educated society, so naturally 'christian' ideologists try to push the idea, that common sense, rational behaviour and intellectual achievements are dangerous or sinful.

From 'the tree of knowledge' fairytale to present days' 'creationism' the most ridiculous stories have been pressed on populations consciously kept in ignorance, and 'christians' are not above making up things, editing, censoring and even lying, when it's needed.

And if this doesn't succeed, there's the option of genocide, when it's politically possible.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by bogomil]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Smart people don't believe in god, and by extension don't believe in the debil -- let alone 'worship' him.

I know plenty of smart people who believe in God.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Rich people dont worship a different God than anyone else. They just worship God differently.
Instead of worshiping God like common people do in church, The people who are rich in power execute the will of God. The rich guide and judge common people according to the law.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I find saddle soap and linseed oil work wonders with the lederhösen.

And you can buy the goat's blood in convenient gel form at gourmet food stores nowadays. Comes in a squeeze tube.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

I have read On the Origin of Species. What's your point? Darwin makes the usual nods to Victorian religious convention here and there. That doesn't make him a Christian. He'd begun losing his faith by that time. It was a struggle for him; he wrestled with his conscience over it, but reality was too strong; he abandoned his Christianity. The death of his beloved daughter sealed it for ever.

As Romantic_Rebel says, the story you're trying to sell us is a tissue of lies. It is also a blatant thread jack attempt. Kindly return to your Creationist cellar and let the rest of us discuss the topic, which is comething completely different.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What i do not understand is why highly educated people conciously choose for satan...

Well, I for one am a 'devil' worshipper. I am a sane human being I have a supportive family and friends. I work earn money and have a mortgage, if you saw me in the street you would not think that I am one.

The way you should see it is like this: Where does the negative press come from in regards to devil worshipping everything we have ever been told by the people we thought we could trust is nothing but lies look at the wars on this planet (where do they start from) look at 9/11, look at pearl harbour, look at 7/7 look at the banks, look how life is designed to benefit the rich and powerful (who designs life)

What is devil worshipping - Satanism

Satanism, is a form of Satanism with the primary belief that Satan is an actual deity or force to revere and/or worship.[1][2] Other characteristics of Theistic Satanism may include a belief in magic, which is manipulated through ritual

What is the difference between going to church on a sunday and worshipping an idol through ritualistic prayers and singing and devil worshipping - you see where I am coming from?

Wouldn't it be completely ironically crazy to think that when we establish contact with a higher source we find out that religion is indeed satanism and all the human beings on the planet who hold strong religious views are actually supporting a false idol (satan) and that the people who have been outcasted for their evil ways for supporting satanism are actually supporting a true loving idol. I wonder how the people would react after finding out how TPTB have distorted and changed faith in order to suit their agendas. I wonder how the POPE/VATICAN would be received after the masses awake?

Magic is in all of us we just need to unlock it and use in order to change our life, I am not talking about spilling blood or carrying out any of the rituals that mainstream media has forced upon us to believe what devil worshipping is all about.

In order to understand we must forget everything we have ever been told and look for ourselves.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yes, it doesn't make much sense on the surface. If you believe in 'The Devil', then you must believe in 'God.' Therefore, you HAVE to know by siding with The Devil, you're going to lose and end up 'going to hell.'

On the surface, it looks like people are just stoopid. However, there could be another element to it...

A lot of religions have ritualized practices such as prayer. Prayer and belief absolutely have power and effect on reality - most people here I think are aware of the effect of the observer on the quantum level, and many top physicists are now leaning toward a consciousness model of the Universe. You can even google 'brain cell universe' and see the similarity of the human brain cell with the believed structure of the Universe.

With prayer, focus and concentration, affecting reality (Similar to The Secret, which is just a repackaged philosophy that has been around for ages) can produce positive results, such as the wealth experienced by Church members or Satanist members. Especially in a group setting, more consciousness focusing on the same thing produces results. Group prayer, group meditation, etc.

Therefore, with more ritualized procedures during a satanic ritual, even more focused than an entire Church focused on prayer, it could produce better results for the Satan worshippers, thereby giving them a belief that Satan is granting them these benefits, when in reality, it is their own consciousness effecting and influencing reality. And when you start to see results from Satanism as opposed to Christianity, it can be more compelling to stay and offer your 'worship' to Satan as they seem to get more Earthly desires granted in their circle.

If you rebuke the consciousness effect on your reality with meditation/prayer/etc, then you can look at it in another way:

When you go into a prayer/meditative/hypnotic trance state, your Alpha mind is open to suggestion and therefore programmable. Simply by continually doing these rituals in these altered states of consciousness, you can program your mind to take positive actions. If repeatedly told in this hypnotic state that you are 'successful, happy, wealthy' then your Alpha mind (The more powerful when compared with your Beta, waking mind) begins to take steps to make these things come true. You may start working harder, looking at different avenues for income, or it may simply stop your laziness and inspire you to take action. Simple subconscious programming much like a hypnotist can produce amazing results, and when fueled with repeated ritual and belief, amazing things can happen - therefore they may attribute this success with Satan instead of where it all truly comes from: inside you.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Re: Cataka

well done, one of the most sensible posts I've seen for a long time. But I would be careful about drawing premature conclusions based on quantum mechanics. It's still in its infancy and very speculative, and even hypotheses could end up being hijacked by fundamentalists. They've done it before.

As a personal example I can mention some experiences I had years earlier. I 'percieved' a higher energy with a strong feminine element. I prefer to call it 'Kuan Yin', while a christian would say it's Mary and some would talk about a 'mother goddess' in general.

But there's no need to put a specific, copyright name on this, no need to institutionalize it or to build doctrines around it. Such is just the common insanity of religious fundamentalism.

The phenomenon is 'real' and universal, but it certainly hasn't lead me to put on the straightjacket of religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why do highly educated, successful people consciously choose to worship any deity?

It doesn't matter which one, rather the intent to supplicate yourself to another power is intoxicating to some people. Personally, I've never understood it, but remember, in the traditional Christian religion, Satan isn't all bad and God isn't all good.

It's what you interpret thru their actions which draws a personal conclusion to their 'alignment". Whatever, so long as everyone's happy.

People who engage in traditional monotheist religions ARE happy, right?

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 2/9/10 by shamus78]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What i do not understand is why highly educated people conciously choose for satan...

That's because we're educated, and thus we don't judge, condemn or criticize one's choices.

It is 'fact' (if you belief what the bible says) that satans time is over and that he is trying to seduce as many souls possible in his final struggle against God.

Every folklore has it's stories, and this is yours'.

So why are these 'bright' people so stupid?

Since I don't believe your god's rules and contradictions, I am stupid. Ok, I guess you show us all where you're coming from with this lack of respect. Try to respect your fellow human brother once in a while, and I'm sorry for not being right next to your ivory tower, I bet it's because I'm stupid. Sorry for choosing joy over a miserable and painful and intelectually poor life, maybe it's because I'm stupid. Sorry for not feeding your delusions and pseudo-self righteousness, maybe I'm stupid. It's a lot of stupidity in just one post, I tell you, so I must be darn stupid indeed.

Are these people so disappointed in life or with themselves that they do not ever want to live again?

I like my life, though sometimes it could be better. But I mean: have you noticed the world around your magnificent and higher existence? Are you aware of life everyday and all the misery in billions of peoples' lives? Is that because they don't follow your myth and all of it's rules? Who'd want to live a such a #ed up world as this two times? Are you sober?

That you must find the god in yourself and much more of those lies...Lies....

Whatever that's big enough to enter your intellect is a lie, I see.

I can understand that a poor person or a person that has no real chance to become rich or succesful will take the offer by worshipping satan.

What I can't understand is why can you be so spiritually indigent when you even praise a god. What's wrong in praising a different one than yours? It's pretty much like a football team: yours is the best!

I refuse to belief that these people didn't read the small print in the contract that says they will burn in the end.

I hope I'll be burning between November and March, because in August it would be inconvenient.

Do you understand my question...?

Certainly. I just don't understand you. =)

Please give me your thoughts about what motivation these already succesfull people might have.

My motivation would be not to become a self-righteous, hollier than thou and intolerant homunculus like you. But then again, I am stupid.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Satanism is man being. They see themselves as masters of their domain. It is empowering.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why is it that if you don't worship GOD you worship satan. I think highly educated people just realize god isn't the answer to everything, science is the answer. Smart people don't push their religious beliefs on people because they understand its wrong. Educated people realize that there are better things to do than "save" people. If the Bible is right its right. Be smart and let people make choices. I choose to not believe in the bible, makes a lovely bed time story if your into paranormal horror novels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join