It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do highly educated, succesfull people conciously choose to worship satan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
Why is it that if you don't worship GOD you worship satan. I think highly educated people just realize god isn't the answer to everything, science is the answer. Smart people don't push their religious beliefs on people because they understand its wrong. Educated people realize that there are better things to do than "save" people. If the Bible is right its right. Be smart and let people make choices. I choose to not believe in the bible, makes a lovely bed time story if your into paranormal horror novels.

If man is a failed perfection than how can his logic render anything perfect? All fact is merely theory, no matter what may be derived from it. Science is the faith in things seen.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Man maybe flawed, but if you believe in the bible man is created in gods image meaning god is flawed? But god cannot be flawed as he is divine and perfect. The bible is of mans creation therefore it is flawed as well. An educated person I see that flaw and decide to not worship its flawed beliefs, but rather the belief in science, it maybe flawed but it is always evolving and changing to encompass new Ideas something the bible wont do.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I hear you, to me though, image is just that, it is not form.

To clarify I see it like god projected us upon gnarled paper, the light from the projector is flawless and supreme, but the medium it is shone upon is temporal, the dusts.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I guess you'd have to clarify what is meant by "worshipping Satan"- most members of the Church of Satan don't believe in an actual Satan and appear to be hedonistic humanism with a dash of the pseudomystical, whereas Luciferians (as best as I can tell) believe that Jehovah, Yahweh, YHVH, whatever, is the actual devil and Lucifer is the benevolent, caring deity- all the while embodying death, destruction and hate, somehow. The question I have about that kind of thing extends more toward wondering why people think that taking the opposite viewpoint of whatever they happen to have a problem with amounts to a meaningful, viable religious philosophy. What seems sillier to me isn't that they worship Lucifer, but that their worship seems more like a reaction than a faith. That, and the fact that it smacks of the same misplaced adoration of death and murder and other things they don't fully understand the implications of that give little goth idiots a reason to pretend they're vampires and sorcerers. It's the religious equivalent of having a daddy who wants you to become a doctor, but instead, you become a tattoo-artist or something he disagrees with, just to give him the finger. That's the main reason that I personally don't give a rat's ass about people like that; they aren't generally focusing on something the believe to be the meaning of life. They're just acting out against a god they profess to either not believe in or hate, all the while seemingly validating his existence by acting counter to him.
I'll go on the record as saying that devil-worshipers are acting out for the attention. Just don't give it to them and validate their sad, pathetic, self-deluded existences.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Satan or Lucifer,

Strongs Concordance 1966
Lucifer = "light-bearer"
1) shining one, morning star, Lucifer

was God's messenger that would bring the glory that the earth offered up everyday, and sing the praises before God. He was very beautiful before his iniquity and pride got a hold of him and he defied God by wanting the glory that was brought forth.

Adam and Eve did not help either as they were given dominion over the earth and every living creature.

As for his angels that followed it is my belief they are the ministering angels that were under his control and therefore they followed there leader.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well, check out this guy...Satan gave him over 3,000 evil spirits to operate with... I WAS SATAN'S DEPUTY ON EARTH ...the link is to nigerianbestforum.com, dated August 25 2010...author's name is given as Christopher Oji...

"I was working with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), in the technical department, I rose to level 12 before I resigned to do God’s work. While in the service, I was into occultic practices. I acquired much power that I was nicknamed satan’s deputy in the kingdom of darkness. Satan gave me over 3,000 evil spirits which I was operating with. I used to do many negative things that were not pleasant to the ears. I brought tears and sorrows to mankind before I was arrested by Jesus Christ."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

(Please note that the ATS censor made hash of the link name...there are those countries in Africa that, on ATS, dare not speak their names...)

[edit on 3-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Mike Warnke said a lot of similar stuff. If you don't know who he is, he helped fuel the Satanic Panic in the 80s by lying through his teeth.
Stories like that seem more about convincing others they've wielded great power, whether or not it's even true. I think it stems from a person feeling as if they have no control of their lives and world around them; even if the point of the story is that Jesus "saved" them, notice how they always go into great detail about how many demons, how many heinous acts, etc. I think stories like that are told less out of a desire to warn others, and more out of a desire to awe others with their alleged powers, whether real or imagined (usually imagined).

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have met several people in my time who publicily acknowledge that they serve satan ,none of them are successful and they are certainly not educated. except the president. YES WE CAN = THANK YOU SATAN.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by abe froman]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBuddySystem

Not only am I aware of Mike Warnke I read his book "The Satan Seller" cover to cover in one sitting not to mention seeing him "preach" live (it was more like stand up comedy) he was almost an 80's orson wells. In the 80's Tom Garguilo (former lead sing of Wild Cherry, best known for Play That Funky Music White Boy) also became a touring preacher talking about the devil in music and playing records backwards in churches across the south and midwest. both made a fortune doing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Maybe because they used to be nobodies with bad skin who sold their souls to be rich blond haired blue eyed studmuffins/esses?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
lol Yeah, lots of those people made a (sacrificial) killing going on tour to hype the devil, essentially. I saw Warnke when I was little, and was convinced for the next five years that he was gonna jump out and eat me when I wasn't looking. Then I got older and realized he was basically just the Christian boogeyman, and as such was more of a tool to keep the good Christians in check. I think that's why I get a little skeptical when I hear people go on and on and on about their supposed former infernal powers- it's not a conversion tool, it's more of a money-making strategy/superiority complex. Or so it would seem.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If it were only true that these people will burn for eternity, how I sometimes pray it is the case. However, in my system of beleif, I feel there is no Hell or devil, I am Pagan, so...but anyway there are many in this world that I would like to see suffer an eternity in hell...I don't beleive these people worship satan, in fact, the only thing that I am certain of is that they are atheists, they do not belive in any God or Devil, all they beleive in is the Almighty Dollar, see you have to understand not all people share your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"money is the root of all evil" so you dont think real "successful" people dont believe in the evil.. rappers, bankers ect..whatever...how blind are you to come to a conspiracy site and not know about this. satan is an architect. look around you dip#s if you think things that make you feel good is healthy...and why things that isnt attractive is shi*.look at what you eat for eg. vegtables are good. fastfoods, junkfoods not. is greed good..have bitches..cars money and all that # you think can make you happy do what you have to do either way you gonna have to do the wrong things to get it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
why do highly educated, successful people consciously choose to do anything?
they say the good die young, but it's the smart who die young.
it's the stupid people who linger on in this miserable world any longer than necessary.
so smoke those cigarettes, drink up that alcohol, inject those hard narcotics.
life is too short not to live a little.
don't really do the drugs though, that part was a joke.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think its attributed to Natas showing them his majik tricks and they are attracted to them because they can interact with them more then they feel they can interact with the ALPHA. Even though the Alpha is where Satan got his intelligence....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just setting the stage:

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24).

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Here's an article I would love to share with you. I refuse to worship a God of lies, contradictions, hate and weakness.
www.usbible.com...

He went around preaching that wealth will land you in hell. Give him your money and he will take care of you. He mind having wealth himself.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenfly13

Cum' on greenfly13......you know what I mean....and do not answer with... 'no I do not understand what you talk about '....please let us not play moron and stupid at the same time.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Here's a great article I would love to share with you.
www.usbible.com...
Happy reading.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
What i do not understand is why highly educated people conciously choose for satan...

Id love to see where your comming from with this idea, I know alot of smart people and none of them even think about satan or any of that mumbo jumbo.

So why are these 'bright' people so stupid? Afterall they choose a brief period of 'happyness', fame, wealth or power over eternal life. Worse....to burn eternally.

I agree to some extent, that people who are heavely identified with the mind and search for themselves in material possesions are not in touch with god/true self. I don't how you can talk about the afterlife and the mechanics when youv never been there. Hell is when a person lives in the mind and struggles a constant battle with himself thats all.

I mean,...if you belief in the devil you must also belief in God. You always hear those who belief in the all seeing eye say that God doesn't excists. That you must find the god in yourself and much more of those lies...Lies....

You can fight the truth all you want but it wil not go away. Truth is, god is within every person. You call it lies on the basis of your dogmatic beliefs. A true seeker has looked everywhere to find truth only to be brought to himself. You accept the truth that has been provided to you and believe it without scrutiny, I don't have a problem with it because in very broad terms we are talking about the same essence but whenever you start talking about others peoples belief you get out of line.

Fact is you have no idea that what you beleive is reality, fact is what you believe is a product of your mind, fact is you are afraid to see true reality, true reality can only be seen in the now in the silence, where mind does not interfere and thus cannot create illusions.

I can understand that a poor person or a person that has no real chance to become rich or succesful will take the offer by worshipping satan. But there are so many people with everything a person can wish for in life and still they willingly choose to serve the devil.

again I don't know what people you talk about, I have never met them.

I refuse to belief that these people didn't read the small print in the contract that says they will burn in the end.

oh please, no body is going to burn anywhere, that belief has been totally destroyed by logic many times already. A god that makes man is responsible for he's creation, every attribute in this person is also pre-defined within "gods-plan" remember? If you agree that gods make no mistakes this would mean he makes such "sinful" people on purpose and lets them burn in hell on purpose.

God made man with ignorance of his existence (your god did) he expects man to find the one religion which will bring man to heaven. Man has many religions to choose from but only one is the truth, if man does not pick the religion of truth he will burn in hell. Man has to geuss to what the true religion is and if he guesses wrong he pays for it.

Listen to yourself, how can god be like this? Satan is also a product of god because god is the creator of everything and everything in his creation is a part of the creator, so is satan. If god wilfully made satan with the known purpose of tortuing people then its god that is actually doing the torturing, god knows the outcome of everything doesn't he?

The reason I point out the flaws of your god is because you like to meassure your belief with the belief of others, yet all belief is mostly a creation of the mind, thus an illusion. What you are doing is arguing over which illusion is true, when none of them are. The only truth can be experienced, and the only truth is universal. The only truth is within everyone and is also accesible to everyone who seeks it. This is truth, not a belief. How can universal truth of the supreme being translated in religion divide people?

The essence of truth is that it unify's does it not? If truth divides then it is far from truth.

Stop arguing over other peoples beliefs and look into yourself. close your eyes and ask: "who am i?" if you are a true seeker you wil persue this until you get it. "the kingdom of heaven is within you" most important sentence you misinterpreted.

edit on 10-9-2010 by colloredbrothers because: syntax error in quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join