It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien appears during live TV South America August 8 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
^_^ OK impressive the first time through. We need to find and confirm the provenance of this. Is there anyone here who lives near where this first aired? Is it local television? This most certainly deserves some investigation .

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Check out the first reply in the forum being linked to by OP. Guy claims its equipment (or something) being winched or brought down a line attached to that pole. When you read his explanation and rewatch the video, it makes perfect sense, and stops looking like something walking, and just looks like some stuff hanging, dangling and tossing about as it moves.

Debunked, as far as I'm concerned.

Damn, that one had me at first.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately South America has become notorious for UFO hoaxes over the past few years. I'm afraid I am going to have to go with CGI as well. At least they make a better hoax than Stan Romanek.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Good video...not saying it's real and not saying it is. But instead of saying "OMG CGI!"...prove it. I would like some experts or at least people who know imagery to look into whether it's actually faked. Until then, just saying it is CGI because you have no other explanation, is not the proper way to debunk something.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

"force field". I like it..
Kind of like when something is superimposed poorly, but then again,
it is in the distance with bright sunny day..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Pseudonaut beat me to it, the youtube comment is that its a winch bring down equipment, a winch will often swing back and forth giving the impression of the walking. Also, if you decide its a figure you then have to wonder why he does not seem to have shoulders or a head, the reason being of course that it's a hoist and not a figure..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Where is the cable?
and there is no machine/engine/motor noise in background of live mic.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Where is the cable?
and there is no machine/engine/motor noise in background of live mic.

It would be almost impossible to see a wire at that distance, also the shot has her in focus and the background slightly out of focus so would make details like a wire even harder to see.

Cranes of differing types don't always make much or any noise, also if its a hoist then it done by human control hence no noise as there's no motor.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
People clearly don't read posts before replying!

As has already been posted - look at the shadow on the woman's face and on the vehicle.

The hoaxer had the shadow fall in the wrong direction on the cgi alien. Bet it won't stop Maussan or Escamilla using it though

Hoax bin mods!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Good video...not saying it's real and not saying it is. But instead of saying "OMG CGI!"...prove it. I would like some experts or at least people who know imagery to look into whether it's actually faked. Until then, just saying it is CGI because you have no other explanation, is not the proper way to debunk something.

It's CGI because the shadow of the alien is pointing in a different direction to everything else's shadow in the video ... stop focusing on the alien and look at the other things in the video ... its CGI ... guy who done it screwed up ... if he did the shadow correctly this might have fooled a lot of people.

its 100% a hoax ... bin it

[edit on 1/9/10 by King Loki]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The shadow seems to cast in the wrong direction according to where the sun comes from... (Notice left side of her face in the sun and right shaded)

This is one more CGI trick. The alien moves like CGI-ed objects do... It moves exactly like, like, yes like JAR JAR BINGS, for gods sake!

By mid-august its mid-winter in south hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You make the point that in the height of summer there is no need for polo necks and wolly hats. You are of course right, IF the area in which the report was filmed is a low lying hot area. If on the other hand, the video was taken up a mountain or in higher terrain then it just doesnt follow that the weather will be hot.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
.... Aliens are Real ...
.... And they ARE a version of Us .. if there tech is beyond ours.. they are a future us... case solved... ( ....Theory of Everything)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a poor CGI fake.. I have nothing more to add.

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by antar

You make the point that in the height of summer there is no need for polo necks and wolly hats. You are of course right, IF the area in which the report was filmed is a low lying hot area. If on the other hand, the video was taken up a mountain or in higher terrain then it just doesnt follow that the weather will be hot.

"in the height of summer", eh??
This was filmed during the winter.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't see how this could be equipment "dangling down" from above, it looks to me more like CGI. Sort of impressive, but quite obviously fake.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If it was a "LIVE" broadcast, when did anyone have the time to add a CGI Alien?

Again if its live it cant be CGI can it? not unless the shot was planned in advance right down to sun position and the position of the Woman then fingers crossed it all goes well, if it can be CGI then it really is time to rethink 911 also.

OH and for the information of those a little less informed, do not fall for the Jaime Maussan alien from behind a lamp post being fake, it has never been proven to be a fake at all, again others opinions become the instant opinions of others, and then become fact.

Nobody has ever explained the residual radiation at the place the sighting took place, there is even a reward if I remember right to anyone who can explain it, which has never been done.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bottom

My reply was based on information provided by the person I responded to. If that information, and the explanation I provided therefore , are wrong, then I apologise and will endevour to quality control my posts more from now on.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here is what I find odd about the video.

This is supposed to be a live broadcast on a TV station. I have been all over the world and have watched tons of local programming... why is there no station identification anywhere in the video? Have you ever watched a live video without your standard "news graphics" sprawled all over the bottom? What station is this? What show? Who's doing the interview? This info has been conveniently left out.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The elephant in the room, as usual, is "why didn't the reporter or cameraman notice anything?" If this "thing" kept walking, wouldn't it have eventually strolled over to the news van?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join