It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien appears during live TV South America August 8 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

TheBloodRed.....

It looks just like some form of equipment being moved across on a wire.

It still doesn't look much like that to me.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There's something that doesn't look too good for me.

When the video slows down, you can see a perfectly smooth motion from the thing, while the girl's face movement isn't smooth. It seems that the camera originally captured at 25 fps, and that thing was rendered at more fps. When the two elements are joined, maybe at a compilation of 30fps, the thing still contains more fps than the original video (you can't get more fps than the ones you originally recorded at).

In short, as an example:
Sources:
Rendered video at 60fps (the thing)
Recorded video at 25fps

Compilation at 30fps:
25fps and 60fps video -> this last one contains 5fps more than the recorded source, making it smoother than the 25fps one.

Even if the YouTube video is not at 25fps or whatever, you can clearly see that the smoothness of the thing movement doesn't fit with the smoothness of the girl's face movement. It is more noticeable when the video is in slow motion.

Talking about the shadows, the video says the sun comes from the left but the camera makes a shadow over the girl's face. Excluding that the right side of the tire is illuminated and the camera isn't big enough to make a shadow to the left of the truck, if the sun comes from the left, how can it illuminate the right side of the girl's face?

But this is just my opinion!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Spinotoror]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That's pretty sill to think that an alien would just be waltzing around without a care in the world. Still a funny video to watch. Fun too. thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
How can someone look at this and say that the light is coming from the left and the shadow on the woman's face is from the camera?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1940c1d927e2ced2.jpg[/atsimg]

The fact that is written during a close up also makes me think it was made on purpose to fool people.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
If you are interested do some homework and check their website.

That's my problem, I cannot find their website.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that these things only seem to appear when there is someone recording behind glass and there is a convinient light shinging on the camera to obscure the image and make it look competely different?

Hoaxers love glass, and bright lighting.

For those reasons I'm suggesting that this is probably a fake.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The woman the tires and the car cast shadows to the left from my perspective. The "alien" and the pole it appears from both cast to the right. I'm no expert but I believe the pole was added as a reference point intentionally, and this is bad cgi. The alien also seems to glide across and down, and does not walk as if it is making contact with the ground physically. It does not appear to interact with the dusty ground.

I don't think it feels right.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I believe that it is a hoax and CGI because:
1-Unless this camera is a few square feet big it wouldn't make a shadow that big.
2-The shadow of the vehicle and the shadows on the equipment in the vehicle and the tire are on the left side.
3-If you do not know how to synchronize the steps that your CGI character takes with the speed that it is supposed to have, you will get a flowing like motion, kinda like moonwalking.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Has anybody ever seen a Praying Mantis stand up? Have you seen it's silhouette?

This is what it looks like.

Praying Mantis meets Gumby.
CGI.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The alien also seems to glide across and down, and does not walk as if it is making contact with the ground physically. It does not appear to interact with the dusty ground.

what he said

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by electropop
Jeesh. The shadow is cast in the wrong direction.

That's what i was thinking and besides that, if you look at the very beginning of the footage the being seems to come from no where and just enters to shot.... Where is the full footage, I want to see the thing enter the shot..? Make me skeptical!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think this is some hoax again, due to the shadows and the well known alien figure. If maybe they used some strange alien figure . they might had more luck. But then again better that we separate cover of the corn.!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Watched it a few times, noticed the "alien" casts a shadow. However need something more tangible then a "UFO" source. Let's see if photo shop and video experts take interest in this. Please provide some more information/links.

I'm a photo and video editor, and I claim hoax. My vote is its a 3d model created in something like Blender, which can easily be done by a beginner, and then superimposed onto the video.

Blender can even make shadows. Proof that the Alien and his shadow are one object, when they invert the colors, the alien's shadow is brightened whereas the shadow of the poll disappears.

I could make something like this easily.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by electropop

As well as the mans hand. Looks like they put her in front of another video.
So ima call HOAX on this 1

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was going through my grandpa's old pictures, and found this. He was stationed in England, around May of 1965 (near a place called Warminster) where they reported sightings of UFOs (you can google it).

If you look really close at the picture (sorry about the quality, really bad scanner) you can see something behind him behind the tree. It looks a lot like an alien to me, but I guess it could be a branch or something too...

Before the skeptics come out in force, I will say that I completely made all of this up to simply prove how easy it is to do. I just googled a random story to add a little bit of history, and spent maybe 10 minutes in photoshop. Here are the original images I used:

The worst enemy of truth are the frauds, and it really agitates me that they keep setting us back and giving us a bad name!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think I'm going to post a thread with this picture and story and see how well it does as believable. Just to prove a point...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
I think I'm going to post a thread with this picture and story and see how well it does as believable. Just to prove a point...

DevilJonah.....

Just be a little careful with that one.....

I've seen that sort of thing "blow up in someone's face" more than once on here!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
thats pretty darn good hoax for a few minutes. It certain put all the hillbilly made hoaxes to shame

[edit on 3-9-2010 by vinunleaded]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks! That actually makes me feel good as a photoshop artist! Haha...well I did make a separate thread, but didnt have the heart to actually make it seem real...So I simply put it out there to help add a little skepticism to fakes and frauds.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

DevilJonah.....

Please be careful.....

You can get banned for knowingly posting a hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join