It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksidius
Hello Intelgurl,
Why, you say the Blackswift is going in the black. You think the new hangar in Groom lake is for a new classified x-plane?

Without a Doubt... Absolutely and for sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

For what its worth the research and work I've done would lead me to think the same as Intelgurl. With a hangar that size your looking at a number of aircraft all involved in test programs probably based around high alt flight with high speed or high alt long endurance and finally a new platform to test the future bomber concepts is possible as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Intelgurl,
Do you think the Blackswift is a future space plane or suborbital futur bomber?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darksidius

I'm not sure, but I recall it being the successor to the SR-71. Another high-altitude recon plane, unmanned I believe.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksidius
Intelgurl,
Do you think the Blackswift is a future space plane or suborbital futur bomber?

Suborbital, hypersonic recon/strike platform.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thanks for answers Intelgurl,
I think the size for the Blackswift must be the same than a B-52 because to carrying large payloads the plane must be Bigger than a fighter. We are very lucky to have little informations on this exciting programm. Hypersonic is the futur. Do you think a manned version can exist?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ok guys,
i do not know if this threat is still alive.
i have read many posts of you guys and well, i myself lifed in the us from 2000 to 2001. when i visited the grand canyon jan 2001, i stayed the night in flagstaff and early in the morning at sunrise we left the hotel and i watched the sky in the north cause there was a conetrail far away moving really fast
form the northeast to the southwest. my mother asjed me what kind of plane it could be, cause since i am 4 years old i am interested in airplanes what summs up to 20 years reading about airplanes, new tech stuff and most of it was military stuff, so she wanted me to have an answer for the phenomenon.
i observed the contrail all the way from the beginning to the end, to figure what kinf of plane it could be. now i have to say that the plane was so fast, that it drew a complete line from the north horizont to the south horizont. when the plane was at the half way the end of the conetrails started to form strange for me. i saw a line with fat clowds at a certain interval. when the plane was nearly gone the conetrails formed even more.
the fluffy clouds that were attached to each other by a line of contrails vanished slowly. the first that vanished was the line that attached each fluffy cloud, then when they were gone the fluffy clouds slowly vanished too.
the strange thing was that we could not here a sonic boom, so this cause alot of trouble to me, cause i knew that when a plane would go such a fast speed thre must be a sonic boom, but there was none.
so i could not tell my parents what kind of plane it was.
i cannot say for sure that i have seen the aurora, but it could be possible in some regards.
this is what i have experianced

now there is one thing i discussed with a friend a few days ago.
we saw the pictures and the articel of the new helmet system of the new JSF.
i know that we both purchased a book, that showed all the the details of the new JSF. now comes the actual clue. we purchased the books in 1992.

the thing is what we saw in 1992 is exactly the technical stuff and design we will see in the nearby future.
so what i want to say is, that it took over 15 years to release the confidential material to the puplic. as further the system grow in abilities the longer the developtime takes.
i myself believe in the auroa project, or at least that the us air force has a kind of plane in its arsenal.
the evidence for it was posted in earlier posts of this forum, like the general who addmited in a press conference that the air force has such a spy plane.

some people mentioned that there would be no use of such plane, cause there are spy satelites in orbits.
well the person who says such things might be out of his brain. the use of such a plane is a vital thing that the airforce cannot refuse.
do to climate problems that occure very often the spy satelites cannot allways give a good picture or are sometimes unable to give any picture at all. the interfernces that occure when the athomspher is instable do to harsh weather or thunderstorms are to nig and the flimmer is an issue. so there is a need for such a plane.
and by the way, when the SR71 Blackbird was built they tested the bird also to carry weapons, so why they should not have tested it with a plane that is like the plane we call aurora.

to be honest, untill the air force officials do not tell us that there is such a plane existing we can only speculate about it.

what really surprises me is the fact, that nasa tested the scramjet engines in this decade with the x-43a.
on the nasa sie you can find all the data of this project.
what you will figure is, that it has exactly the design we believe the aurora is
supposed to be. they have only built 3 prototyps and only made 3 testflights at diffrent speeds. why did they only test it 3 times. my conclusion is, that there is such manned planed existing which is functional and working and they only had to test some things as an alibi, but that my assumtion

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ok guys,
i do not know if this threat is still alive.
i have read many posts of you guys and well, i myself lifed in the us from 2000 to 2001. when i visited the grand canyon jan 2001, i stayed the night in flagstaff and early in the morning at sunrise we left the hotel and i watched the sky in the north cause there was a conetrail far away moving really fast
form the northeast to the southwest. my mother asjed me what kind of plane it could be, cause since i am 4 years old i am interested in airplanes what summs up to 20 years reading about airplanes, new tech stuff and most of it was military stuff, so she wanted me to have an answer for the phenomenon.
i observed the contrail all the way from the beginning to the end, to figure what kinf of plane it could be. now i have to say that the plane was so fast, that it drew a complete line from the north horizont to the south horizont. when the plane was at the half way the end of the conetrails started to form strange for me. i saw a line with fat clowds at a certain interval. when the plane was nearly gone the conetrails formed even more.
the fluffy clouds that were attached to each other by a line of contrails vanished slowly. the first that vanished was the line that attached each fluffy cloud, then when they were gone the fluffy clouds slowly vanished too.
the strange thing was that we could not here a sonic boom, so this cause alot of trouble to me, cause i knew that when a plane would go such a fast speed thre must be a sonic boom, but there was none.
so i could not tell my parents what kind of plane it was.
i cannot say for sure that i have seen the aurora, but it could be possible in some regards.
this is what i have experianced

now there is one thing i discussed with a friend a few days ago.
we saw the pictures and the articel of the new helmet system of the new JSF.
i know that we both purchased a book, that showed all the the details of the new JSF. now comes the actual clue. we purchased the books in 1992.

the thing is what we saw in 1992 is exactly the technical stuff and design we will see in the nearby future.
so what i want to say is, that it took over 15 years to release the confidential material to the puplic. as further the system grow in abilities the longer the developtime takes.
i myself believe in the auroa project, or at least that the us air force has a kind of plane in its arsenal.
the evidence for it was posted in earlier posts of this forum, like the general who addmited in a press conference that the air force has such a spy plane.

some people mentioned that there would be no use of such plane, cause there are spy satelites in orbits.
well the person who says such things might be out of his brain. the use of such a plane is a vital thing that the airforce cannot refuse.
do to climate problems that occure very often the spy satelites cannot allways give a good picture or are sometimes unable to give any picture at all. the interfernces that occure when the athomspher is instable do to harsh weather or thunderstorms are to nig and the flimmer is an issue. so there is a need for such a plane.
and by the way, when the SR71 Blackbird was built they tested the bird also to carry weapons, so why they should not have tested it with a plane that is like the plane we call aurora.

to be honest, untill the air force officials do not tell us that there is such a plane existing we can only speculate about it.

what really surprises me is the fact, that nasa tested the scramjet engines in this decade with the x-43a.
on the nasa sie you can find all the data of this project.
what you will figure is, that it has exactly the design we believe the aurora is
supposed to be. they have only built 3 prototyps and only made 3 testflights at diffrent speeds. why did they only test it 3 times. my conclusion is, that there is such manned planed existing which is functional and working and they only had to test some things as an alibi, but that my assumtion

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Aurora?

Not as a spyplane...spy sats have a resolution beyond that of even the Hubbel Space Telescope, as well as probably some features far from the public eye, line of sight and real time applications beyond are imagination. Spy sats in conjuction with GPS and drones are an application that we have yet, at least publicly, to see as the most lethal use of weapons in existence. I suspect a 1st level countries at war; one would witness it.

Aurora...if it exist is a weapons delivery vehicle. Imagine a weapon able to take off from the US mainland and precisely destroy a target anywhere in the world within minutes. ICBM's can do that; but really only in a nuclear scenerio. In terms of conventional weapons only an AURORA type project could deliver that.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Blackswift is only a M6 subscale demo. Flies for ONE MINUTE at M6! This is not aurora or strike RECEC etc.... its a demo. Aurora was dated 2D design Blackswift is 3D.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by murkywater

Why would it be weapon delivery necessarily? With the Russians experimenting with satellite destruction, why wouldn't it be a spyplane?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retro
Blackswift is only a M6 subscale demo. Flies for ONE MINUTE at M6! This is not aurora or strike RECEC etc.... its a demo. Aurora was dated 2D design Blackswift is 3D.

All that is covered in the final Blackswift solicitation document from DARPA. However, there are indications that the HTV-3 is more than just a scale model demo.
There is a distinct possibility that this subscale vehicle is going "black" and leading to a real world sized craft.
Check out the SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift thread.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I believe the Aurora may use remaining parts from the Convair B-58 Hustler such as the landing gear/ejection seats etc, Or maybe an extremely modified B-58!, Well it was a Delta shaped thing wasnt it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, this is going to put the cat amongst the pigeons. I've just found this thread and would like to throw something into the melting pot. I was cruising at FL 380, Northbound, over southern/middle France late afternoon about seven years ago in a Boeing 737. An american voice (1) came onto the (civilian frequency) R/T on Paris control's frequency with some macho callsign (don't remember it), and said "just a courtesy call whilst overflying". The French ATC controller (2) responed "say position and altitude"
(1) Gives position relative to a waypoint, and tracking west.
(2) "I say again, say position AND altitude"
(1) "sorry sir, that's classified"
(2) "Repeat callsign"
(1) repeats callsign
(2) "say aircraft type"
(1) "sorry sir, that's classified too"
(2) "If you do not give your altitude and type, we will intercept you"
(1) "you can send what you like, I'll be long gone, sir".
. . . silence while the French ATCO presumably attracts the attention of his boss, (or goes on strike, and doesn't tell anyone).

A couple of minutes pass while the First Officer and myself exchange opinions and strain our necks looking upwards for contrails, before we are directed to another frequency and controller.

Nothing, or something?

Unfortunately
I'll never know.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Maybe the very powerful double sonic booms coming from the area around Arnold's Air Force Base in Tennessee, largest wind tunnel in the world, could prove interesting...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Maybe the very powerful double sonic booms coming from the area around Arnold's Air Force Base in Tennessee, largest wind tunnel in the world, could prove interesting...

If you are hearing double sonic booms from Arnold AFB I can pretty much assure you it is not the Aurora or Blackswift, but the F-22 Raptors coming out of Dobbins AFB just outside of Atlanta.
The F-22's are being built down there and they run test flights daily through an FAA approved supersonic corridor from Atlanta to Chatanooga to Huntsville and back again. (this pathway goes straight through Arnold AFB's area of influence)
The first sonic boom you hear is due to the Raptor's incredible performance envelope - the other sonic boom is due to the F-16 chase planes trying to keep up...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Maybe this is it seen near Mel's hole in Eastern Washington. The Aurora enveloped in a hypersonic vapor cone, or maybe it's just a lenticular cloud.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Several points to make;
Firstly the SR-71 flew at greater speeds than published, they talk about it cruising at mach 3 plus, therefore the top speed was in fact greater.
Aurora did exist, but has now been replaced by project Astra.
Both projects routinely use RAF Boscombe Down, which is the UK equivalent of Groom Lake, and RAF Machrihanish which is a now a 'care and maintenance' facility, but has extremely close ties with boscombe down, including the sending of personnel on extended work trips!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mikec85

While I believe in Aurora's past or present existance, I would like to know what sources you have to back up this claim of yours, you speak as if you are quite sure of it, I would just like to know why you are as such.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikec85
Several points to make;
Aurora did exist, but has now been replaced by project Astra.
Both projects routinely use RAF Boscombe Down, which is the UK equivalent of Groom Lake, and RAF Machrihanish which is a now a 'care and maintenance' facility, but has extremely close ties with boscombe down, including the sending of personnel on extended work trips!!

I would like to know where in the world you got this info? I am a believer in Aurora, but wasn't this debunked as budget spending for the B2 or was that just a cover up?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join