It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

The Aurora does not look like the one you have on your site. Look at the VentureStar from NASA, paint it black, and then scale it down to the size of the B2-Stealth Bomber.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
My tiny cents worth:

We have a known hypersonic airframe, the shuttle. QED there are no airframe issues.

We have some known hypersonic vehicles (rockets) with non-airbreathing engines.

Therefore a hypersonic non-airbreathing vehicle is plausible and likely. X-15 anyone?

Therefore the only likely issue is making an air breathing hypersonic engine.

I first saw such a proposal in the early 1970's in an aeronautical power plant book in the U.C. Davis engineering library. The book had a few years on it. Call it 1960's or so publication. It proposed an external asymmetrical wedge design with fuel ignition via compression heated air.

The negative assertion (there is no hypersonic engine) requires that not much of interest has happened in about 1/2 century of engine development. I find that not credible. The astounding lack of visible development shouts for inspection. Where are the failures?

That someone has tested an air breathing hypersonic engine in an airframe approaches certainty. To NOT do it would be a severe dereliction of duty, given the '70s era art.

To my mind the only questions unanswerable are: Was it scrapped for something newer? and Was it actually named "Aurora"?

Negative space analysis isn't perfect, but it usually works very very well...

When no one says anything about something it's usually because they can't...

When the state of the art of a highly valuable military technology makes no visible progress and has no visible investigators, it usually means that the investigation is hidden and usually does not mean that no one cared to investigate it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a satilite can be busted, the sr-71 could not, so if somthing moving at mach 3+ couldent be shot, y not make somthing faster

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i honestly doubt aurora is the current secret spy plane thing or whatever people are speculating that it is. its name was mentioned in the 80s. if they havent perfected it by now theyve probably moved on or are testing things similar depending on how much success they had with it. it may have been a plane at one time but i doubt its THE plane now.

and does anyone else think people should look into the name as a hint to what aurora is?
blackbird=bird= black plane
raptor= dinosaur or bird of prey= ultra amazing fighter plane
black hawk = agile deadly bird= awesome helicopter.

not saying this means anything. those are just examples of how the name might imply what it actually is. the problem would be finding meaning from "aurora"

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Corse it does exists, dont be silly its just up the road from me kept in a hangar, everyone localy has seen it, come on. If you work in the local aero industry they shiver when you ask them, want more information then show me the money.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

and does anyone else think people should look into the name as a hint to what aurora is?
blackbird=bird= black plane
raptor= dinosaur or bird of prey= ultra amazing fighter plane
black hawk = agile deadly bird= awesome helicopter.

not saying this means anything. those are just examples of how the name might imply what it actually is. the problem would be finding meaning from "aurora"

The problem with doing that is, is that the Aurora project name was proven long long ago to have nothing to do with a hypersonic aircraft, but was instead the project name for leading and trailing edge modifications to the B-2 to reduce radar return.

Sorry guys, Aurora doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...
For a video

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

At the very least not in the way in which they believe it does at least. The amount of good information on the history of the myth of Aurora is on here on ATS its just a bit scattered.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
laser technology is already shooting down ballistics. speed wont protect an aurora type craft from lasers.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I think all this "Aurora" stuff may wind up to be DARPA's project called "Falcon"
www.darpa.mil...
Dave

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

I am a housewife and live in CA in a city close to the mountains going towards area 51.I don't know nothing about planes and never seen anything weird.But this weekend when I was outside an about to enter my car I heard this noise above me,at first I didn't think nothing weard because we have an airport near by,but as I look up I was shock to see this aircraft zooming through the gray sky it was black and triangular and it look flat and it was making noise as it flew into the gray sky and vanish,I ran in to tell my husband and to get my camera just in case but it was too late. It came one more time and left again.I really do regret not getting a picture of it.Needless to say it was witness by alot of people,probably wondering the same thing as I was what was it doing there? and what was it looking for?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
It is my considered belief that the "Aurora" aircraft does not exist. It really comes down to a lot of wishful thinking by aircraft enthusiasts.

yeah and we're the smartest beings in the entire multi-verse.

ill deny that ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
LOL The Aurora exists and has for over 15-25 years. Yeah get real!! Why the hell, if it existed so long ago would we have still built supersonic jets?? I tend to agree with the folks that say "Aurora" means any "Black project". Also, projects get cancelled left and right in the military world. Anyone heard of the "crusader" an Army artillery piece or the "Raptor" helicopter? Where are they now? Not in production that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The SR-71 Blackbird was flying in 1959, how long did it take the public to hear about it?
Do you think the US just quit trying after a very successful machine like the Blackbird?
It's only logical that we now have much faster aircraft than the fastest aircraft we civilians know about, and they are probably more maneuverable than earlier models also.
The blackbird took off like a rocket, so a long runway wouldn't have been needed to launch it but would have been needed to land it.
The U2 needed a long runway and 2 pickup trucks to land, so who knows what may be needed now. At any rate, we didn't build aircraft carriers the size of the Ronald Reagan to only land helicopters on!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I belive it does exist and that they probably got most of the tech from the plans of the avero arrow project done in canada. There are videos photos and a drawing and i thin kthey will start to use it soon due to the war over in iraq

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Remember Eddy Murphy on the Sunset Strip?

"Just throw some stuff in the woods and set it on fire and say... #!!!! ONE CRASHED"...

Seriously, it surely exists. There is overwhelming evidence. There is going to be a need for atmospheric spy-planes for a very long time! Ever see what it takes to re-task a satellite? Even then you have to work with existing stationary or elliptical orbits.

I don't see it or its successors being used to deliver warheads since we have ICMB's for that.

If it is used for both the atmospheric spy-plane role AND launching small payloads into orbit, it may have a long and flourishing future.

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just to toss one into the mix, I live beside the North Sea (site of last possible UK Aurora sighting) and have just heard something I've never heard here before - a sonic boom. It could man nothing other than an F15 playing over the North Sea, or am RAF Tornado chasing a Russian Bear out of UK airspace.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

maybe its real
but maybe to avoid the slightest chance of a leak, they've been working on the Aurora little by little, with a smaller staff than all the other "black programs"

It could be it was cancelled and revived several times finding that there were problems

who knows

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In the late 90's, (probably between '97 and '98 although I cant remember exactly), my brother and I were walking back home in a town called Henley-On-Thames in Oxfordshire, England, UK, when a red circular glow appeared in the clouds above us- that is to say it wasn't very high but still too high and surrounded by cloud formation, to make out clearly.

but as soon as we spotted it- it sped away to the horizon and dissapeared from our sight. this happened in about a half to one second.

at first we thought it was a UFO as i didn't believe, or should i say i wasn't aware, that ANY man-made aircraft could travel at that speed, and I did so for many years.

my ignorance was to be later squashed in Jan 2009, when I watched a program on TV explaining how the CIA were developping aircraft, like the Aurua, which could travel at a possible 8000mph. it went on to explain how they used people's stories of UFO sightings to cover up their spyplane work and to cover up hypersonic spyplanes like the Aurua.

Now i dont believe in UFO's and am stunned at how fast the Spyplanes being developped in Area 51 can actually travel!

after watching the program it changed by belief that we had spotted a UFO and that really he had seen the Aurua, or some equivalent, which could travel to the Horizon at a speed of 22 miles per second.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join