learn more

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
As far as I can tell, nothing really new on the Aroura has come up for a few years now.

Well, there was this, a few months back...

www.fantastic-plastic.com...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Are we chasing a REAL aircraft or one we WISH Existed?

well I believe it is a real aircraft, i dont have proof but the science and tecnology behind the craft is sound.

just have a look at this

www.aerospaceweb.org...

this website details how a Waverider aircraft such as the aurora would work

en.wikipedia.org...

this short wikpedia article details the most likely fuel used my the aurora

en.wikipedia.org...

and this wiki details the most likely propulsion system.

thank you and goodnight

edited for spelling

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Ginge]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
how about this...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Do you really think that is real?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solari
how about this...

I think that was proven to be fake a while back, however I can't seem to locate the thread at the moment. Search ATS, I know that picture has been here at least once before.

Tim

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Come on Ghost you know which thread to look at first. In the very top thread in this forum there is thread titled debunked.... In this thread is a list of fake aviation photos and videos. This image is located on the first page as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

February 1986 cover of Discover magazine

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Come on Ghost you know which thread to look at first. In the very top thread in this forum there is thread titled debunked.... In this thread is a list of fake aviation photos and videos. This image is located on the first page as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

February 1986 cover of Discover magazine

I had looked through there twice! I forgot the photo is not directly posted in that thread, but is attached to a web link.

I was looking for the photo and couldn't find it. Sorry for the goof on my part!

Tim

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
no problem tim I figured thats what happened. just thought I better post the image before things get out of hand with some fake thats been around for some time now.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i recently got interested in the aurora project....when something happend at work....i asked why this had happened...and somebody said said it was prolly the aurora project....i asked what it was and he explained it.....telling me that it had been developed when the sr-71 was declassified. which makes sense because you just dont give up something that awesome without something else up your sleeve....but then a copy of the airforce times was sitting on the table and had this article in it....

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i remember hearing alot of the aurora hype in the 90's, it kinda came along with all the area-51 stories. i personally believe, like some of the others here, that the aurora doesnt exist, at least not anymore. for all we know it did exist at one time but eventually got scrapped. the military does scrap more projects than ones put into actual service and production. if it were a continued project, it's existence would of been public already.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i wonder how much the government puts out there...to make us believe...and how much is actually leaked because someone thought it was so cool they just couldnt contain it....or said it in the wrong area....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i actually think the aurora does exist there have been some photos of the results of a jet going that fast as the aurora has thought to go (ive heard of it being about to go up to mach 6 and mach 23) and some other photos of the jet itself or "black triangles" which is obviously the shape of the aurora and color has been spotted all around the usa, this would be a spy plane the USAF would want for its capabilities

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks awful similar to this concept featured in Popular Science:

www.popsci.com...

Does anyone else think this bears an uncanny resemblance?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My personal feeling is that it was a concept aircraft and not flying anymore.

Why? Who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I mentioned that earlier...

It was a concept aircraft that flew, then now it's not... There hasn't been any sitings in a while, so maybe it's not flying anymore...

The Aurora may have been concidered obsolete and was retired...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoopnfunk
Looks awful similar to this concept featured in Popular Science:

Does anyone else think this bears an uncanny resemblance?

So what if it does bare un uncanny resemblance? That drawing isn't of a real plane its of some concept dreamt up by Sweetman, the biggest Aurora obsessive of them all. He is adamant that Aurora exists and keeps peddaling out the same evidence as 20 years ago, doing nothing to dispell the questions of why hasn't there been loads more sightings, why havnt we heard anything?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that the Aurora exists or has existed, but I also believe it's capabilities have been exaggerated. There is some strong evidence that an aircraft flew over Nevada at speeds approaching mach 4 on multiple occasions.

It is unlikely that it was the SR-71 for a number of reasons. It most likely could not fly that fast, it had already been retired and why would the USAF test fly a plane that had been around for decades? So either the Blackbird is faster than it's supposed to be or this was some prototype of a black aircraft.

The programme might have been cancelled though. Perhaps they thought it was too expensive, or perhaps they simply couldn't make it fly as fast as they wanted it to? Or maybe it is operational and maybe it can achieve hypersonic speed now a days.

But as far as I know, there is no evidence what so ever that the USAF has ever had a plane capable of flying faster than mach 4.

Originally posted by gfad
Well yes, something called Aurora did exist, it was on that budget (even though no one can find a copy of it). The official explanation was that it was a project related to the B-2. Except for that no one knows whether its recon or a bomber, hypersonic or subsonic, everything else is speculation.

I saw a photo of it in some documentary. It said "Other aircraft" and mentioned Aurora, the SR-71, the U-2 and some other spy plane. So it is (or was) most certainly a recon aircraft.

Originally posted by radioactive_liquid
if it were a continued project, it's existence would of been public already.

I guess it would make sense to keep a spy plane secret though.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I dont know if the photo on this website will interest any of you but it shows what looks like an 'Aurora' like aircraft over the UK.

I was emailed this photo recently which seems to show a black triangular shaped aircraft somewhere over the UK.

I zoomed in to see if I could pick out some more detail. (2 cropped images below main photo).

Unfortunately I dont have any other details for the photo.

EXTERNAL IMAGE

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
has anyone actualy seen and got this baby on camera i heard so much about it never seen one

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
has anyone actualy seen and got this baby on camera i heard so much about it never seen one

I'm seen more fake photos and highly pixelated photos and nothing else. And thats in 8 years of keeping my ear and eyes to the sky for the aircraft.

I think its same to assume that even if it wasn't called aurora that there was some sort of aircraft that at least tested the attributes that the plane would of had. How wide spread it was and the number made I have a feeling is quite small. One of the things I'm almost certin of is that its not flying anylonger and that the new programes like the "SR-71" and Falcon projects are continuing the research that was started or furthering it so that it can be operational and economical so that it can be continued with out burning a hole in DC pockets that people would start asking about like Aurora may have.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join