It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how close are we to capturing a bigfoot ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Came across an article about ufo disclosure and it mentions briefly that we are close to capturing a living bigfoot in BC.

The article...

www.ufodigest.com...

"We are on the verge of discovering a live “Sasquatch” on B.C. Island. I just feel it coming fast and furious. They have found evidence of a huge population of the humanoid like ape creatures there, and being on an island makes the scientists work a lot easier."

If true, a population would seemingly be much easier to discover if trapped on an island. Couldnt the goverment or a private contractor just take sat photos of the entire island at once and end the debate ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ive been waiting for the headlines for a while now. "BIGFOOT FINALLY FOUND". Sadly I dont think I will ever see those headlines, is there any scientific explanation that bigfoot could exist? Because from what i got out of my anthropolgy class is that bigfoot shouldnt exist and if he does, wont we have to rewrite how we belive we came to be?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow, that would be a great discovery, if it will happen.

By the way, I think the whole article is interresting, also about the ET stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bigfoot finally captured on film!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c19e8f482f3.jpg[/atsimg]

..................................................Bigfoot Exposed!

Wow! Can it really be?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Way back in the 60's, even the late 50's; Bigfoot stories always started to circulate in Feb-Mar time frame. Didn't matter which year, it just always started in that time frame. You'd see a story in a local paper as filler, later in the Globe or National Inquirer. But word got out. Just before tourism season.

Now, you have guys giving Bigfoot tours, whole industries based on....

I've waited for over 60 years. Haven't had one shot, captured, any reliable evidence that doesn't rule out another animal, bones, feces, even decent pictures or movies that can be expertly examined. Why is this?

If a guy didn't hold out hope, he'd be a sucker to believe it exists.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
you relize in the 1800s there was a creature that was only a legend as well .
Out of the African jungles came a story of a giant ape like animal .
for the next 40 years thats all it was STORY'S .But in 1902 myth became fact as the first gorilla was brought out.
so is it possible there is a age like creature in places around the world that we have JUST a myth about but is a real animal?
well THE FACT is even in this modern day even in the US there is MORE then enough wilds taht a large group of animals like this could live WITHOUT being found.
First this animal is almost as intelligent as we our self's are. And would KNOW how much of a threat we are.
now sitting in a deer stand works fine for deer but deer dont think about looking UP.
so could there be bigfoot? yes even here in florida man the ever glades are HUGE and we only even try to look there in power boats which can be heard from miles away.
The other question is there enough food to feed a animal this size ? well bears do quite well and they ARE NOT meat eaters.
so is it possible ? the only thing you can conclude is yes it IS.
getting one to prove it is the problem we seam to have.
but he knows your there he knows even if you run up near him to NOT RUN . yea movment without it this animal would be near invisible.
how many times the only story is man there was this really bad smell.
he could have been 3 feet away looking right at you and you wouldnt even know it.
I know THIS FOR a fact man I been out in the woods in regular clothing taht you could have seen easly and have had people walk not 3 feet from me being in plan view and NOT see me because i froze.
so if a guy in gens and a brown shirt can do this and NOT be seen .
how can you say a animal who has brown shaggy fur who blends right in with the trees would be so easy to spot

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

" If true, a population would seemingly be much easier to discover if trapped on an island. "

No offence but , I wouldn't put too much stock into these creatures being 'trapped' on an island .

After all , they had to have gotten to the island somehow , in the first place ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
We are not close to capturing a bigfoot at all, because they don't exist. Yeah, yeah....I know there are tons of "witnesses" and plenty of "pictures" of this legendary beast, but if there was ANYTHING to it people would be breaking their backs to be the one who discovers it.

I would have to say that the simplest reason we have not found one yet is that they are nothing more than myth and legend. I can start a myth or legend anywhere and come back in 10 years and find witness accounts of it, blurry photos of it.....whatever, but that doesn't make the myth or legend I made up 10 years ago any more real.

Sure, there are some animals that have been discovered in modern times that were "myths and legends" at the time, primitive people talking about apes and whatnot, but those apes would have been discovered eventually anyway, even without the myth and legend component. Plus, they didn't really bend the known laws of nature ...meaning in our modern times of increased knowledge we can now understand enough to know if there is anything like that left o be discovered.

The only animals on this planet left to be discovered are going to be small animals, water dwelling small creatures and the like. There will not be anything like the missing link, Nessie or bigfoot discovered because they don't exist.

Assuming the world doesn't end in 2012 (lol) and we still have the internet in 20 years I look forward to revisiting this thread to point out that nobody has found bigfoot and again, never will. I would have done that 20 years ago, but this whole internet thing and ATS wasn't really in full swing yet. But I did say it 20 years ago and I still laugh at it today.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Pardon my disagreement, ITF...

I've seen the beastie. Yet I'm not in any real rush to see one captured/killed, or whatever...

It's more than enough to know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he does, indeed, exist. Living peacefully, I assume, in the woods and forests of North America.

Nor do I particularly care if people believe me, or not... I believe me.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Two weeks from never, in all seriousness if bigfoot does exist I would venture to take a guess that it may originate from an alternate universe of some kind, hell maybe it's what's flying all the ufo's folks including myself have seen. If I had to put money on the existence though I would steer clear of that bet. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
Two weeks from never, in all seriousness if bigfoot does exist I would venture to take a guess that it may originate from an alternate universe of some kind,......

That exact thing has been my thinking recently. That some of the creatures are from an alternate universe and some how slip into the one periodically. That's why there have been so many sightings without remains being found. Like the BBC show Primeval.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
Two weeks from never, in all seriousness if bigfoot does exist I would venture to take a guess that it may originate from an alternate universe of some kind, hell maybe it's what's flying all the ufo's folks including myself have seen. If I had to put money on the existence though I would steer clear of that bet. Just my 2 cents.

Unless you've done a lot of reading, that's a perceptive post.

I spent five years searching for bigfoot and these are the facts I came away with:

1. There is no convincing evidence (such as science will accept) of the existence of bigfoot.

2. If you go to the place where people report bigfoot activity, you will not find any large-scale impact on the local environment such as one would expect such a large creature (or a family of creatures) to need to exist in the wild.

3. Notwithstanding the fact that there is no convincing evidence, many people do report having experienced a bigfoot sighting. In my opinion, there are far too many reports with consistent details, spanning more than a century, and many countries (Australia, even), for this to be the obvious -- hoaxes or mistakes. (Yet recall point number 1 above.)

4. Researchers have noted, lately and in the past, the similarity between bigfoot reports and UFO reports. Yet in practice, the two fields are very antagonistic toward each other, and many organizations, including some very high profile orgs, go out of their way to parse out the mystery that they are not engaged in. This hides the fact that bigfoot and UFOs are often enough seen together. (One lady even said she had seen a bigfoot through a window in a craft, apparently piloting it. This is but one report, however.)

5. Bigfoot reports also often enough carry paranormal elements, though this is rarely reported. One witness I knew well had disturbing realistic dreams and poltergeist activities in his house. This is also reported in UFO cases.

6. Bigfoot has been reported to use telepathy in some cases, another feature of UFO close encounter reports.

My final opinion was that bigfoot may or may not be actually real, in the physical sense, but people certainly experience seeing one. I believe that they are associated with whatever causes the UFO phenomenon. It appears that this fact is obscured both by the reporting agencies, as I mentioned above, but also by concerted efforts of the phenomena themselves.

In the end, I realized that even I, since I kept a fairly popular blog on the subject, was being manipulated to present certain information while the reasons for doing this were being withheld.

I came away from the experience feeling that something or someone out there wants you to believe in bigfoot and UFOs without violating your free will to disbelieve (as the presence of physical evidence almost certainly would).

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I do read quite often, I'm fascinated by unsolved mysteries and while I don't believe all of them I do leave open the possibility that some animals do exist. Case in point are the worlds oceans, I don't know the exact figure but only a very small percentage have been explored, God only knows what beasts or creatures exist in the abyss, take a look at an angler fish, Imagine if such a fish were the size of a great white? Just an example.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If Bigfoot does exist, the reason hes not captured yet is because he doesnt wanna be captured. Same thing with being filmed (reason we havent seen any great film footage of one in the last 20+ or whatever years) - Other words, they probably have ways of avoiding these situations by now. Im sure they have adapted just like most everything else does.

They live in secrecy and know about civilization by now (at least some do I bet) and know how to travel their areas etc without being seen. They know how to go about their day to day lives in their areas without coming across civilization. They know their wooded areas better than we do. Its their home....like we know our own homes better than some stranger does. So when someone goes Bigfoot hunting, you have to remember that Bigfoot will have the home-field advantage.

The reason we havent seen any corpses of them is that they probably bury their dead in some remote place that nobody would even think about looking.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Bigfoot where are you? Ever since I was a young boy I myself have been looking for the elusive creature. I have watched (Monster Quest) when the have the bigfoot episodes and its aways the same conclusion, can't find the bigfoot. Here in Ohio, we have the (Ohio Grass Man) I would assume that is a bigfoot, though I have never seen this creature either. Years ago in a small town in Ohio I believe in the '80s some people came across a bigfoot hut, it was in our local news paper. I wanted to believe. In 2005 my Wife and I were in the Arizona desert driving home from work, and we seen a ufo up close. When I say close I mean a 100 feet away. We observer it for close to a hour before we left to go home. I guess because I have never witnessed a bigfoot doesn't mean its not out there. I strongly feel a person has to be in the right place at the right time. Bigfoot where are you?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Man George Bush caught one years ago and here's the proof.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f58e1007a190.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Originally posted by seagull
I've seen the beastie.

That is a bold statement indeed. I once saw a huge Silent Black Triangle. There is little doubt in my mind that it was not able to be manufactured by any Government on Earth.

Can you be sure that what you witnessed was really a Bigfoot? Do you think there is a possibility that it was a kid or someone else who may have been playing a prank?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Didn't #9 foot wash ashore recently?

You say "bigfoot" but "big" in relation to what foot?

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Given the circumstances? More than slightly doubtful.

It would require a bit of mental telepathy to know exactly when I'd have been in that particular spot...but anything is, I suppose, possible.

Decide for yourself, below...

Here's the tale of the encounter...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I read the thread, and your story certainly seems to be believable. I am starting to rethink the possibility of the existence of this creature. It's hard to accept if you have never witnessed one. I always doubted the existence of UFOs until I actually saw one. When it comes to Sasquatch, UFOs and the like, seeing is believing.

Thanks for the read, it was very interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join