It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I must add this while I'm thinking about it....

I felt like a few of you were really "putting pressure" on me.... Now, either
A) you were or
B) it was in my head, so.......

A) if you were, why is the burden on me to "prove my case? I gave you all the info I had. Anyone who wants to do can use the springboard I created. This is about presenting information for discussion, right?

B) I'm workin' on it.

And I am in the middle of it. And it is affecting my life very personally. And I did get touchy, and none of that is anyone's fault.

My sincere apologies for my testiness.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is horrible...i can't believe that something like going swimming on a hot day could put your children in harms way....it does seem hard to believe that the wind or rain could have brought these chemicals to their pool....i would be more inclined to think it came from the water supply...maybe they had a private company that hauls water fill the pool...just pull it in from the coast and make them think the pool water is perfectly fine....i think some more information needs to be found on the circumstances surrounding this case...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Dont take it so personally.

Peer review is a generic term that is used to describe a process of self-regulation by a profession or a process of evaluation involving qualified individuals with the related field. Peer review methods are employed to maintain standards, improve performance, and provide credibility.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Excellent thread, thanks OP. I live in Clearwater, west of Tampa. I have a big pool recently with lots of added rainwater filling it up. We have 4 small kids. We'll be checking this out here. This needs to hit the local media.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
First, to the OP....

I don't think IgnoranceIsBliss was accusing you of trying to pull a hoax. I think his/her point was only that this 2-butoxythanol is found in many things and there was no guarantee that just because this one component of Corexit was in this family's pool, doesn't necessarily prove beyond a doubt that Corexit is the culprit.

This is a very sensitive topic because we have a lot of ATS members who live in these areas, but because it does hit home for a lot of people we should be even more careful not to let our emotions do our thinking. We still have to examine all the facts, just as we try to do with the other topics we discuss in here.

Now, I have a question:

Corexit 9527, used in lesser quantities during the earlier days of the spill response, is designated a chronic and acute health hazard by EPA. The 9527 formula contains 2-butoxyethanol, pinpointed as the cause of lingering health problems experienced by cleanup workers after the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill, and propylene glycol, a commonly used solvent.

Okay, maybe I'm missing something, here, but Simple Green is promoted as "non-toxic and biodegradable" on it's label. It also states "This product is safe and non-toxic for general health" on it's label on the back.

If 2-butoxyethanol has been deemed by the EPA to be such a health hazard, how can Simple Green's label be true? I realize this is a bit off topic, but this is a fact that we shouldn't dismiss....

(FYI: I also noticed there's no list of ingredients on it's label, only a reference to their website.)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

WOW, This BP Atrocity is Never Ending

I've Never been so afraid of the south As I am These Days

And I was Born And Raised in New Orleans!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
WTF ..

my Grandma lives in Homosassa, Florida...

thanks for the heads up...

getting on the phone now...

You might read the thread before you freak out your poor old grandma. It's hype, more likely as hoax.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It's NOT "Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol"!

2-Butoxyethanol is frequently found in popular cleaning products.[1][2] It provides cleaning power and the characteristic odor of Windex and other glass cleaners. It is the main ingredient of many home, commercial and industrial cleaning solutions, such as Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-Butoxyethanol

Even the article itself mentions that Simple Green also contains that same chemical. Simple Green is well-known to be one of the safest cleaners on the market. It's non-toxic and biodegradable. I have known bicycle shop employees to use it with their bare hands at full strength when degreasing parts.

The family said that they didn't use any Simple Green, but plenty of other cleaning products contain 2-Butoxyethanol.

Who knows really what made this family sick? A test would be to just go into a neighbor's bird bath or pool or whatever and run a similar test.

You cannot assume.

When you hear about these things, you really have to pretend that you're a judge in court and examine the evidence instead of thinking:

"The chemical in their pool is the same as one used in the dispersant, therefore that chemical came from the dispersant and is what caused them to be sick."

Don't forget about the millions of other people who have not complained.

I'm very sure many other Floridians along the coast have used their pools too!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Cleaning products containing 2-butoxyethanol
www.scrippsnews.com...

Everyday stuff we all use.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Just wondering how you know the Corexit is being sprayed all
over the World. Curious as my dog became ill with a resp.
tract infection and the vet stated it was due to the air. I reside
in western nc.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Maybe the oil is still leaking. Could that be a possibility for the
continued spraying of the Corexit? Would not believe anything
MSM reports.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
"Unless you're part of the article it isn't your hoax, you'd just be parroting it...

But then to encourage people to commit criminal fraud... that sure calls a lot into question about yourself."

My purpose? To expose frauds, hoaxsters, "hucksters" and fear-mongers at every chance I get. '

What a quack job!

I have been following both the Scientific analysis that has been brought forth by several Universities, and studies that have been done, and can not even fathom why you would come across the way you do, in such utter disrespect to the OP.

Yes lots of edits....as I'm extremely tired!

Good night!

Why would you not contemplate their scientific studies before answering in your sheep-made statements, and in doing so, you would actually find some relevance in the statements that have been made by analytical study for months!?

Please take a moment to answer as I feel like I'm surround by cattle!

Please advise, because as an Educational, I wish to explore the reasoning not only of Scientific Research, but of pure idiocy, and the education therein.

You obviously have a readily originated opinion as most of us do NOT see your point. As I'm looking at the OP, I'm quite concerned about your fluency and manner of looking at a post and coming to a familiarity of WHY it was posted in the first place!

Fools may be fools, but please,,,,,,Take your time and look at the thread and therein, it's contents, and try not making an utter fool of yourself in the future of making outrageous remarks!

God Bless us all.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by overextended1]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by overextended1]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Very good find. I to, had seen the same very thing!

Do you not think that the majority of us will not question the 70%, most likely more?

The problem lies within the forefront of what I, and many see. We cannot go "Mute", based on the fact that we have been overran by BP's agents. (Please look at the date)

What it comes down to is this! If you take the time to look and see, smell, what is being casted into the Gulf if Mexico, you will be expressively convinced that the bullshiat that is being fed, is yet again......BS!''

I appreciate you OP for posting the topic. I would have never have heard of iit, and the problem that it causes to the GOM.

-WBU

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
1 obvious question : why is it that ONLY 2-BUTOXYETHENOL is found in this pool sample ?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
[edit on 31-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Use vinegar and water.................cleans better, cheaper and it's non toxic.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My purpose? To expose frauds, hoaxsters, hucksters and fearmongers at every chance I get.

Well, here's your big chance!!! Since you live up there, why don't you arm yourself with a video camera, get a few cases of mason jars, drive up there, interview those folks, take water samples from the entire neighborhood, send off the samples, get the results, then post it all here.

Then we will all know, beyond the shadow of a doubt what is really happening.

Good luck! Looking forward to your report!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Pretty bad i gotta admit.... this must mean it's in your drinking water yes? What are you going to do about that?

You can always buy bottled water from other Country's such as France or Wales but i wouldn't buy any bottled water from the regions where this corexit is most likely to be found...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I didn't read all 6 pages so forgive me if the question has been raised. I wonder how far north this goes? I hope people test state by state and post the PPM they come up with. Just an idea...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

I wonder how far north this goes? I hope people test state by state and post the PPM they come up with. Just an idea...

Yeah, how far DOES the wind go? I really hope that people will start testing. It would be the best possible outcome for this thread. I've already ordered test kits and am talking to others about volunteering my time.

There are alot of good links in the thread. Check em out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join