It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck is my savior.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

I agree, but it's not like he is going to be off television or radio anytime soon so it does no good to bitch about it.

Nobody is bitching about anything. This is a political forum. You talk about politics here.

If you can't understand that, maybe you should try posting in another forum? UFO Conspiracies perhaps?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

The comment was Glenn Beck is telling you to buy "overpriced gold" which he is not. If you don't know that gold is the safest bet against inflation then you know nothing about economics. Is a host telling you to buy toilet paper any different then one telling you to buy gold. NO. Glenn has said gold isn't for everyone and please talk with someone to decide if it the right investment for you. Gold is an investment and all Glenn does is tell you he buys gold and maybe you should check into it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
glen beck is what occurs when bad genes become entangled in the career of a carnival barker at the darkest juncture of american history with a televised and audio broadcasted mass media , he works for evil and is also complicit in the 911 mass murder event , by promoting official lies about the authorship of that atrocity, personally ,beck is doomed

many of his his immediately family have come to terms with their persona
and personal demons and done the only logical thing ........................

commit suicide

link   

Originally posted by justacitizen

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous comparison. You can't ignore Beck because he's in the news all the time making outlandish and/or inflammatory comments.

The simple fact is that Beck is nothing but a charlatan and a huckster. He is politically and historically ignorant.

Lot's of great generalities in your post. How about some specifics! Give examples of "outlandish and/or inflammatory comments", give specifics as to what makes him a "charlatan". Cite examples of "political ignorance" and/ or "historical ignorance".

justacitizen,

Cite examples of "political ignorance" and/or "historical ignorance"?

ok, as was given in a previous post...

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
what?

Glenn Beck did not know he scheduled his "restore america's honor" speech in the same place and on the same date as MLK's "I Have A Dream" Speech?

"i find that totally plausible"
-jon stewart

Glenn Beck didn't know MLK gave that speech on August 28th?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

link   
reply to post by parrothead0333

Glenn Beck says "buy gold from these people"

and "these people" are Under investigation for illegal activity.

Beck willingly gave his stamp of approval to this company, he needs to be responsible for his actions.

You're wrong.
He's wrong.

Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Section31

Instead of joining Glenn Beck at the Lincoln Memorial to encourage unity, Obama was still taking a vacation. Hahaha...

Yes. The President of the United States of America should change all of his schedule to accommodate an idiot like Beck, and Becks millions of idiot fans.

Good thinking.

Bad Thinking. Obama passed up an opportunity to extend an olive branch to 300,000+ Americans. If Martin Luther King's niece Alveda King (Democrat) can make such an appearance, Obama could very well have asked to join in this day of national unity. He was too busy on vacation.

Not only did he spit on this anniversary, but he also spit on the faces of 300,000+ Americans. If you consider the impact that this could have had on 300,000+ people, Obama could have opened a door to another million Americans.

King's niece defends rally on anniversary of "I Have a Dream" speech.

Obama lost another opportunity to bring people together. All he had to do was show up unexpectedly.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

You do know what sarcasm is right? If you watched that clip you should know he was speaking sarcastically. Glenn is sarcastic at times but you would actually need to watch the show to see that because sarcasm just doesn't come across in print or audio. The man is sponsored by Goldline and thus he pitches gold. So what!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Darkrunner

I agree, but it's not like he is going to be off television or radio anytime soon so it does no good to bitch about it.

Nobody is bitching about anything. This is a political forum. You talk about politics here.

If you can't understand that, maybe you should try posting in another forum? UFO Conspiracies perhaps?

Forgive me. I guess the original post was a point by point list of sunshine and happiness.

Certainly looked like bitching to me.

Nevertheless, to each their own. Now off to the UFO conspiracy forum....

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Darkrunner]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I hear that in 1990 he raped and murdered a girl in Wyoming.

He should have took some time in his big MLKjr speech to speak out against the accusation.

Curious that he didn't, don't you think?

Can you read?????

motherjones.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrothead0333

The comment was Glenn Beck is telling you to buy "overpriced gold" which he is not. If you don't know that gold is the safest bet against inflation then you know nothing about economics. Is a host telling you to buy toilet paper any different then one telling you to buy gold. NO. Glenn has said gold isn't for everyone and please talk with someone to decide if it the right investment for you. Gold is an investment and all Glenn does is tell you he buys gold and maybe you should check into it.

Nah, it is different. We all pinch one off everyday and in doing so, contact is made with the fresh, innocent flesh of our bulbous buttocks. We need that toilet paper. We don't need to victimize people by promoting dubiously-sanctioned financial schemes. Sure, investing in gold is fine. But Beck earns disgust by taking advantage of his audience, knowing a portion (sad as it may be) will be influenced by his fear-inducing fantasies of the coming apocalypse ... during which, I would believe, the value of gold will be minimized, anyhow.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

So what you are saying is people should not use props, juvenile or not, to make a point about anything. Glenn Beck is not Noam Chomsky or William F. Buckley. They are completely different and to compare them is ridiculous. I get it you must not like props.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by copper5661

Glenn Beck puts on a number of pretty good shows and raises some interesting points. Therefore, its wrong to say Beck is a complete moron. I'm not saying he is any better than other commentators out there but he has some intelligence to him.

Edit to add: Its a tragedy that the front page is now wasting one headline on Glenn Beck that could actually be devoted to a real topic. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You believe everything MSM shoves down your throat. I bet you also believe a magic bullet took out Kennedy, just because some main stream tabloid tells you.

No, Beck's PR police has all it's money keeping the truth down. I'm not accusing him of it, I'm just asking questions. Think for your self!

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's funny reading some of these posts.

"Beck is bad but Stewart, he knows what's up."

All of these television personalities operate under the same basic principle. They are all pushing an agenda and getting people to believe in them and discredit "the other guy". The main motivator? You guessed it; Money.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Ok so investing in gold is fine but anyone selling gold is trying to victimize people by promoting dubiously-sanctioned financial schemes. This makes no sense to me. Also one does not NEED toilet paper. There are many other ways to clean up after using the bathroom. My point was not what you use to wipe but the specific type of product a person is trying to sell you to accomplish the wiping. Perhaps I should have used some other product hocking comparison like someone selling life insurance on their show.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrothead0333

It sure as heck is overpriced!! They were selling gold coins at TWICE the melt value!! Some coins were sold at nearly three times the melt value!! Coins which had no intrinsic numismatic value. That is what is called a rip-off.

And to make matters worse, he did this by pitching doom and gloom scenarios that the American economy was going to implode and this was the only thing that would save them.

He's nothing but a huckster.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by ClintK]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

The main motivator? You guessed it; Money.

The main motivator: ideology.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by NJE03

The main motivator? You guessed it; Money.

The main motivator: ideology.

I doubt they believe these things they say. They say things to push an agenda that will work in their favor (financially).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join