It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer This...Bible Bashers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok..all you god seekers, answer this..why am i a non-believer.
get in your cars, and visit your nearest childrens hospital...
how many can you see dying of cancer...a good few, i,ve seen it.
so without the big mega-page debate..give me an answer.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Although I'm no true "basher", I will respond---
to me it sounds like you answered your own question.

link   
You were given free will. That is why you are not a believer. You have chosen not to be.

The rest? The Bible says that it's because of original sin. I prefer to think of it as entropy.

My thought though is this: If you've chosen to not to believe, why do you seem so angry at those who chose to believe?

link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I probably fall under bible basher.. My answer everyone dies. No god can cure inevitable death. Death sees no race, religion, age or, social class. Death always wins, and no god, person or entity can stop death.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think you should have used therm term 'bible-thumper' in your title.

Did you mean to ask believers why god allows people, children specifically, to get sick and die?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You look terrible! Glad you're getting treatment at a hospital. Cancer you say?

Recommendation: Don't look in mirror, until they do your teeth!

Seriously, the age-old "Problem of Evil" has been done a million times. I'm agnostic myself, but this looks more like you're hoping to get a crack at some poor religionist, who walks into your trap.

I'm guessing you've got some anger issues, due to your experiences?

Yes, life sucks a lot at times, but then we die, so do what ever you can before then, if not for yourself, maybe for others. It's called "service", and it "feels good", although not quite as good as some things.

But it still feels better than tearing some poor churchy-type a new one. I could be wrong, but a punching bag might do wonders for you.

JR

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Brain washed.....When a bible basher comes knocking on my door, i ask..where does it mention the jurrassic period..(dinosaurs)...they have no answer...the bones are there...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How is this a conspiracy? Seems like you have a problem with the way the world works.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This HAS to be the worst thread of the week.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Its the worst thread , why..does the truth hurt.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Oh okay now I see...where I'm from "Bible-basher" refers to a person who attacks the Bible and what it says.
I see now you mean the opposite, in fact. Around here, what you mean is called a "Bible - thumper". Like the gesticulating preachers who thump the Bible in making their points.

[edit on 24/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im a non believer too, but I dont understand why you felt it necessary to start a thread, unprovoked, to attack the religious people?

Its kind of a weak argument too, and wouldnt be surprised if this was moved to BTS

[edit on 24/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I see this for what it actually is.

You don't hate people who believe in some form of a God. You envy them.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Bible Bashers= people who believe bible is load of bollocks

bible thumpers= religious nutjobs

learn the diffrence & your threads may be a bit more sound.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by raivo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
reply to post by hippomchippo

Its the worst thread , why..does the truth hurt.

What truth? I'm an atheist, but your arguments are so terrible it makes my brain hurt.

Seriously, I've heard this from 13 year olds who have just begun to question the bible.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Move it to..the,(IM TELLING THE TRUTH , BUT NOBODY CAN GIVE ME AN ANSWER) file...listen, in 1984 my wife gave birth to a baby girl...5 hours later i got a call from the hospital, i rushed to get there..to see my wife cuddling a dead baby...file that in your no claims box.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm sorry that happened to you the death of a child is hard especially a newborn. But if no one died then we would over populate the world. Not everyone can live, it sucks but that's life. Life sucks. I don't mean to be harsh but you wanted answers. That's the harsh true answer no one can control natural death.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Bible thumpers are so brain washed. I am glad you have come up with YOUR own research to think people seeking God are brainwashed. If it wasn't for your thinking the theory of evolution wouldn't have come to light.

I will tell you something and you can think what you want. Spirituality exists. If you haven't found it than that isn't my business. You can always seek.

As for death. Everyone is supposed to die. Imagine enduring a 1000 years of suffering, would you want that? I don't think anyone would want to live forever and feel the pain that has plagued many centuries.

Life has the good/bad, fun/boring, and etc. It is a part of life that you experience as much as you can and move on.

Frankly, I think you are someone who knows nothing about life past the books and threads you read. If I was you would go out and experience what life has to offer, you won't be disappointed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Archaeological fact that your and other religions are contrived. There is no doubt. God? Maybe. The God in your religion? Fact is no.

Im not going to post the research but its flatly obvious.

If a God does exist it considers us and our predicament about as much as you consider that of the ants under your feet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join