It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer This...Bible Bashers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
People who do believe seem to know there is a 50/50 chance that there is no god or everlasting life.

However these people seem to be the type that would rather fall in line and risk there not being an afterlife, than missing one.

They already know that there is no way to prove god exists, and all they can do is have "faith" which is utter devotion without the need for facts.

You are beating a dead horse.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Right about what? You ask a rhetorical question and some how your right?
um ok.

But i will say how sad it is that your whole life you praised God and thanked him for all the good things in your life no matter how small and how you worshiped him day in day out. Then he repaid you with tragedies.

Yes after all that i would be mad as well.

Oh and if you didn't do all that then why blame a God you never knew?

Sorry to say but your on a rant i hope you get/feel better soon and maybe you can (for 1 day) see the beauty in life.

EDIT: as far as the cancer kids go let me say.

1st :cancer sucks i watched my mother die in front of me i could do nothing to save her. Months of being sick and then one day she said "i don't feel good" her last words.

2end: How can so many people say the chemicals in our water/food put in by the government cause cancer and things like population control . But still blame God for mans evil?

FREE WILL:They can refuse to cure many things that can save lives they can kill us as well. We can find the cure,expose them or do nothing. We can fight or die.

People die people are murdered people get sick people bet better. Blame God or don't believe or don't. In the end we will die.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by GunzCoty]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

There isn't a real question here is there?

Why do most people believe in God? They were taught to. Why do most kids believe in Santa? They were taught to. Why do many believe in the Bible? They were taught to.

Belief in God is not innate and God is not obvious from the natural world so if there are gods out there they're doing well of hiding their true nature and keeping us using our imaginations to conjure our own supernatural beings.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You're not a believer because your heart has not been regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah right....but there's no proof that he IS the Holy Spirit.
One line is sufficient.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Yeah right....but there's no proof that he IS the Holy Spirit.
One line is sufficient.

No man comes to God unless God first draws him/her. Am I not allowed to offer my explanation to the OP? My answers come from the revealed word, nothing else.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Only the body dies!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No man comes to God unless God first draws him/her.

So then it is God's choice who is truly saved and who ends up going to Hell. Free Will is apparently a farce, turns out, according to you, that God must first call someone in order for them to be saved.

Not only does this idea fly in the face of scripture itself it makes God 100% responsible for the afterlife destination of every human soul, as if him being All-Powerful wasn't already responsibility enough

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Ok..all you god seekers, answer this..why am i a non-believer.
get in your cars, and visit your nearest childrens hospital...
how many can you see dying of cancer...a good few, i,ve seen it.
so without the big mega-page debate..give me an answer.

Laws of nature.To ask god to intervene and to break his own laws would be unheard of. Oh, Wait a minute he does. We god seekers call these miracles.And they do happen quite often.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
We god seekers call these miracles.And they do happen quite often.

Really?
It's an easy word to bandy around, but not so easy to back up....and I'm sure it's a matter of 'faith', but any supposed miracles are usually not targeted towards the most needy and most certainly aren't miraculous.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Are you suggesting that miracles do not happen?Or only happen to those who are not in need.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Personally, I am suggesting that miracles do not happen...and yet I love life and am feeling fulfilled without relying on a crutch made of fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Oh , well thanks so much for sharing your opinion with us.
Fact is is that miracles do happen. Call it what you will.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by aorAki

Oh , well thanks so much for sharing your opinion with us.
Fact is is that miracles do happen. Call it what you will.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by oliveoil]

Well, as I wrote: "Personally".

thanks for clearing that up for me, however it isn't a fact and certainly the evidence you have provided is nowhere near enough to even attempt to sway my mind

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Dear aorAki

On the subject of miracles : I am going to tell you a little story. First I have to say that I am a despiser of the church. Especially the RC church. However I spend my time working in an AIDS hospice run by an incredible Italian Catholic priest.

Here is the story it started a few months ago with the arrival of a little girl called New 2. She is about 8 years old and when she arrived she couldn’t walk. Not only is she in the AIDS stage of the illness she had been diagnosed by several doctors as having Leukemia. Test after test showed the presence of this illness in several different hospitals.

I do not go to church and I do not pray and I don’t know what to believe about GOD.

But in my own way I prayed for this little girl and here is the problem for me.

I told GOD I would go to church if she survived.

So far she has and she has improved greatly. She is not exactly running around with the other kids in this center www.hiv-aids-kids.org... but she is enjoying life and improving every day.

The doctors no longer think she has Leukemia, now they are putting down to TB. So she is doing great and that is great.

Now what do I do about this promise to GOD.

Because if this is not a miracle then I certainly have the wrong meaning of the word.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Personally I'd say it is time to honor your end of the agreement. If you feel it was a miracle, and that your prayer helped achieve her wellness then it is on your honor to at least go once. I do not personally like churches I do not believe that most of them do anything remotely near what they should but that was the deal. Who knows how it will all turn out in the end and what limits you had in mind when you asked. But if it were me I would act in good faith even if I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You cannot even draw a perfectly straight line with a sharp pencil and ruler.
so who are you to say that just because the world does not live up to YOUR measure of justice and righteousness that there is no God.

If you are an atheist/evolutionist smoke this in your pipe:
Those children in a cancer ward are just an evolved piece of pond scum decided (by natural existing chemical reactions in the brain, so its not their fault) to have a disease called cancer and the response you are having (you are a non diseased evolved pond scum as well by the natural existing chemical reactions in your brain so it is not your fault) is just a slightly different chemical reaction and neither your reaction of the reaction of the children in the hospital matters. Since there is no such thing as absolute right, who cares?
Do you get mad when vinegar reacts with baking soda too?

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions

Proverbs 18:2
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

are you an evolutionist?
Are you an atheist?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

If you do not follow through on your promise, your word, then you have less integrity than:

The person who can read and does not is worse that the person who cannot read at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Dear slugger9787

Your comments to me sound rather harsh.

I have been here www.hiv-aids-kids.org... for 4 years now and I have seen 6 kids die, it is generally accepted here at the center that if they get through the first two years and show massive improvement with a return to normal life, that they will most likely make it.

So I have at least a further 18 months or so to see if the other side of this agreement is standing up. As I have seen them come and improve greatly then be struck down almost over night.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join